• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

JUDGE

Smash Lord
@ kanzaki lol same
(not really just wanted to sound tough lol)
ok.....KYOJI
you know why items are usally turned off in touneys??
do you know how freakin' annoying it is to die just because a bomb appears in front of your face??
do you know how broken some final smashes are and how useless some are??
player who plays with items only plays with items cuz they only can win this way
ok everyone has their own opinion of fun, but you have to know on this board most of us play brawl in a way called competitve.
brawl based of skill , matchup/counterpicking/metagame knowledge you know??
but don't worry man i bet when you lurk longer around this board you will turn off someday your items and start playin' brawl competitivly

ahh and yeah i would love to see you playin
just upload some fights on youtube or send me the replays to xxholyxx@hotmail.de

DOMON!!!

Smash Rookie
I stopped reading at "I love playing with items".
Why, do people on this forum automatically presume that if a person thoroughly enjoys playing with items that they're bad, I'll have you know I use item standard play because it's the best thing ever.

@Vato: Bring it.

EDIT: And when did I say I don't play competitively, like I said. I've been to tournies where the items are turned off, just because I play with items for fun doesn't mean I'm not a competitive player.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
^....???
i am a bit confused...are you the September 09 joiner who usually plays with items and probably never went to a tourney???
why do you have 2 accounts??

DOMON!!!

Smash Rookie
^....???
i am a bit confused...are you the September 09 joiner who usually plays with items and probably never went to a tourney???
why do you have 2 accounts??
Me and my friend Domon are at the same computer right now, sorry that I wasn't able to log out. We're doubles partners so we have similar names (both from G Gundam, which is hilarious.) I keep forgetting to switch.

EDIT: But yeah, I'm Kyoji

JUDGE

Smash Lord
ahhh i see
but if you consider you as a competitve player, why d'you play with items??
it is just luck game

KYOJI!!!

Smash Rookie
ahhh i see
but if you consider you as a competitve player, why d'you play with items??
it is just luck game
Because it's fun. If I play competitively at all moments of the day, the game will get incredibly boring. How fun is it if I just play on neutrals and 1v1 all day?

JUDGE

Smash Lord
Because it's fun. If I play competitively at all moments of the day, the game will get incredibly boring. How fun is it if I just play on neutrals and 1v1 all day?
it is very fun but if you don't have any skill than......
and please don't sayme you play 4vs4 on hyrule with 10 stock and items on lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNe1aqM8yH4&feature=related
this is the perfect example for unskilled item players
with a perfect endingexample why items are turned off

KYOJI!!!

Smash Rookie
Do you wanna wifi 3 stock on neutrals with no items? I'm perfectly fine with it.

In fact, I'm willing to play anybody here on WiFi and show them how good I really am, don't worry, I'll take it easy on you unless any of you actually turn out to be good.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Do you wanna wifi 3 stock on neutrals with no items? I'm perfectly fine with it.

In fact, I'm willing to play anybody here on WiFi and show them how good I really am, don't worry, I'll take it easy on you unless any of you actually turn out to be good.
LOL, I miss my wifi.

I love humbling cocky, pretentious dudes like this. The matches are never all that, but the actual victory is so great, it's **** near palatable.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze

You do realize this entire site is for serious Smash, as well as other games, discussion? This is the kind of childish behavior that belongs on some random WiFi Clan Site.

Veggi

Smash Champion
You do realize this entire site is for serious Smash, as well as other games, discussion? This is the kind of childish behavior that belongs on some random WiFi Clan Site.
As a member of a random wifi clan site, we don't even tolerate that there. We don't even take wifi seriously there, lol.

Anyway Kyoji man guy like play me or something. I'll play you when I get home.

0989 2097 5432, it's really easy to punch in.

KYOJI!!!

Smash Rookie
You guys really just don't know how good I am. When I get home I will play you guys just to show you how good I am and **** you.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't know this Kyoji guy.

'nuff said everyone. (+1 to ego)

lolsrsly, this guy thinks he's the best Mario without having even read certain stuff on this board. You'd do well to hit me up on AIM or something before you claim to be the best Mario. I've invested my time testing things you wouldn't even think about and knowing how you can apply it in real matches. Have you put in the time everyone here and myself have put into Mario?

Otherwise Boss, BoTastic, Famous, Matador, and a few other guys would like to have a word with you.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Yeah.

Link/Jiggz is not fun.
I would of won the second match, but WiFi wouldn't let me shield the Claw on Halberd so it hit me and I died and it also wouldn't let me DI out of the laser so I took 60% JUST as I had KO'd G-Reg's second stock.

God WiFi is so awesome.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
man i wish i was good enough to be used as an example of how much time i put into mario but i ****ing guess not since all i do is get 2 stocked by a cf and doubt my mario and get last place in tourneys i ****ing suck in brawl ****

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
G-reg's good either way, it's not like you had an easy first round.

Surprised he didn't rep Ness at this tourney. Both his Ness and Jiggz are amazing.

Edit: lol, I love how we all decide to spontaneously respond to Kirin's post 30 minutes afterward.

man i wish i was good enough to be used as an example of how much time i put into mario but i ****ing guess not since all i do is get 2 stocked by a cf and doubt my mario and get last place in tourneys i ****ing suck in brawl ****
Be less self loathing pl0x.

You didn't even want to do the low tier wifi tourney, remember?

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Yeah I had fun fighting G-Reg's Jiggz, it was a learning experience definitely and I'm glad I did play him. I took him to last stock each round, like I said I could have won the second game, but I was fighting Jiggz and WiFi at that point. lol

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Yoshi can be annoyting, he has A LOT of combo breakers. Don't try and follow up that much. Play it like Lucario, camp him and get the hits in every now and again. A lot of Yoshi's will air dodge right out of their second jump to prevent being gimped, expect this and punish it. His eggs, if the Yoshi knows what he's doing, are really annoying and can interfere with our SHFireball game. This is another MU I suggest FHing for Fireballs in based on how the Yoshi plays his Egg game.

I'm not sure who my next opponent is, Mata. I have to look.

Edit: I have either Flameleon or Ijosh next.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
eh l didnt really care if l was in it or not well maybe a lil, but im talking about last tourney l just went to, kirin got like 17th and l got last. i got 2 stocked by captain falcon ( yeah lol at me hard enough l suck and im emo -_-) with marth and forgot how to dancing blade, then i was deciding a cp, so i went delfino, and ppl all day said to camp im like, *** it im not doubting my mario and i camped 2 stocked the falcon, but then the dude went to RC and 2 stocked me there lol.. im so ****ing ****ty

Matt07

Smash Master
Ah, crap you read my post, I hope it wasn't offending :(.

Sorry :(.

But yes, you can 'lose' confidence, but you can always gain it back. Take smaller steps, don't makes goals you don't think you can achieve, it'll only make you feel worse after.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Just so everyone knows, Atomsk didn't quit before he lost to Jash. Something happened probably around after doubles had ended that really upset him. We really don't know what, but he probably couldn't focus enough while playing to preform well.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The only reason I'm not representing Bowser is because my hatred for Zelda is greater then my love for the big turtle.

Thus, I'm representing Zelda as a cruel joke to the Zelda boards. XD
Matador. Read.

Top Bottom