• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
He uses Ike, because he likes to feel powerful.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ike... easy to gimp?
Play somebody like Ryko and say that, you don't give him enough credit. xD
But one cape, and he's finished.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
His jab is a nightmare, he has immense range. If you can FLUDD him UNDER the stage, save that replay. I did it once on Battlefield when he tried to go too low.

Ismael

Smash Ace
But one cape, and he's finished.
That's what I meant. XD

But all the Ike's I've fought are easy for me to beat. You can edgehog and gimp them easily. Just watch the jabs.

But yeah, I should see videos of pro Ikes. But all the ones I ever face are easy for me to beat. Guess it's just a personal matchup thing.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd be happy to play you as Ike. Mine's not all that great, but I know for a fact I'd get gimped way less than the Ikes you play. ;)

Ismael

Smash Ace
XD You've said you added me but apparently you didn't. Unless something went wrong. But sure, if my connection dosn't get crappy on me, I'll play you.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We both have to be online. At the same time. And you never replied back that one day... >___>
If you'll be on tomorrow, message me, lol. I'll only go Ike and Ness.

Ismael

Smash Ace
We both have to be online. At the same time. And you never replied back that one day... >___>
If you'll be on tomorrow, message me, lol. I'll only go Ike and Ness.
My bad, I assumed you posted and went online rather than wait for my responce. But yeah, I'll be on. I'll play you right now if you want. But I have a tourney on Sunday, and since it's really late here, and you always seem to be on by this time, I can play you after the tournament.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's 5 am here, I'm just a nightowl. So you like in a pipe? It'd be nice if I knew your real location, so we could pick a time. x.x
I'm going to bed, lol. G'luck at the tourney.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh lawl.

Smashboards Name: A2ZOMG
Birthday: March 11th 1990
Height and weight: 5'9" (105lbs)
Current location: Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Systems you own: Every Nintendo platform except virtualboy basically.
Last couple of games you played aside from Brawl: Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Melee, MarioKart
Smash Rival: Nash123, Vato_break, InsomniaK...probably.
Next big thing you are looking forward to: COLLEGE! Meeting JunkInTheTrunk and other dudes.
What are you doing right now: Slacking off.

And vs Ike, just camp him whenever he jabs, Up-smash whenever he does anything else, it's a boring matchup really. =/

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
It's not that I can't beat Ike's as Mario. It's just that M2K is on a whole different level altogether. He doesn't even know Ike all that well he simply spaces perfectly and reads you just as well to the point where that's all he needs to do to beat you. I did FLUDD and cape gimp him though. 8D

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, on friday @ my bi-weekly I got 9th out of 25th repped Mario nicely too including a Team Mario shirt lol <3 (Im ggona postt the results up on the threead).

I saw m2k on my tourney too because he needed housing for Castle smash. LOL He really was desperate for housing just for castle smash yet he had no money xD! He uses Ike spareingly, he was pretty good and simple. He was doing random Team MMS lol. How did he do in castle smash Kirin?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
M2K is moving to the Midwest.

My Mario can take his Ike.

EDIT: If you guys don't like Ike's jab, you should play ****ing Renegade, you get hit with a jab and you're up to 60%, guaranteed.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Oh yeah, on friday @ my bi-weekly I got 9th out of 25th repped Mario nicely too including a Team Mario shirt lol <3 (Im ggona postt the results up on the threead).

I saw m2k on my tourney too because he needed housing for Castle smash. LOL He really was desperate for housing just for castle smash yet he had no money xD! He uses Ike spareingly, he was pretty good and simple. He was doing random Team MMS lol. How did he do in castle smash Kirin?
He won every event he entered, Melee Singles, Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, Low Tier Singles, Smash64 Singles.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
xD I don't mind. I got to play him in Winners Finals and Grand Finals of Low Tier Singles and ended up placing 2nd, then placing 7th our of 32 total entrants in Brawl Singles with only Mario and Link for each tournament. Punishment Divine and I also placed 4th in Teams, our Luigi/Marth team *****. lol

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Low Tier tourney yesterday here in SoCal, I believe 60ish people? Or 30ish.. I forget, I saw 30 for either teams or singles... if I saw it under teams, multiplied by 2 makes 60 people.. if it was 30... then 30 for singles.

I got 17th... lost to a Lucas I shouldn't of lost to.. too basic, I was expecting AT and all that stuff >< And then lost to a Link player due to sd's =/

Vato got 9th though, new best Mario in SoCal?

1st - Typh - PT
2nd - ViceGrip - Ness
3rd - DSF - Samus/Jiggly
4th - Champ(?) - Falcon, Link, Samus(?)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Good job, you guys. Jeez, we need to start having more tournies where I live.

Straked told me to post that (I made it for him because he said it was the only way to cure his headache).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That experience is gonna give me nightmares...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lol Matt, it took 14 minutes. There was a deep fog, he used Smokescreen 3 times... nothing would hit him.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol Matt, it took 14 minutes. There was a deep fog, he used Smokescreen 3 times... nothing would hit him.
Dude you should've used some X Accuracy would've helped a LOT.

Or Cape, Cape might send it back to him, but I dunno Smokescreen might come out earlier then frame 8.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Stunky vs. Straked matchup is 90:10 as it is.
X Accuracy would've only made it 80:20, he still have twice my priority. Plus, he's a skunk.

Ismael

Smash Ace
Got back from my tourney. Out of about 30 people, I got 7th. With only Mario for my matches, and no counter pick backups.

All was going decently until I ran into SK92's Falco and Metaknight! XD

Needless to say, I got *****... then I ran into Dannykat's Marth and Metaknight to finish me off in the loser's bracket.

SK92 was almost untouchable, I really need to figure this out. :(

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You know... for a general discussion thread, we're always on topic.
What the hell?!

@Ismael - 7th is outstanding for using a crap character like Mario. Good stuff.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I miss the old General chat T_T

It's where the great Ness boards invasion of '08 took place...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
PKNintendo still has that link up. It was like... perfect. Back when Levitas and Skyler weren't mods, and you could get away with anything.

I wish I was around back then. ;___;

Ismael

Smash Ace
7th? Epic dude. How did your match with SK92 go?
It was insane. He is probably the only real Falco player in Vegas, and he is godly.

Everything was new to me. Like Falco's dash attack to up smash insta-combo, and his obnoxiouse chain grab to spike. Which is how he pretty much delt with me. :(

Thank god there's really no good D3 players here, or I would get destroyed. I guess that's what I get for trying to go all Mario. But I'm surprised that even with about 25 or so people, I managed to get in top 10.

I should pick up a counter for the hard matchups, but after SK92 ***** my spirit with his MK, I don't really think it matters. I'll never really get close to winning.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's not a bad thing. You do realize that by playing someone like SK92, that'll only improve your game? It'll give you something to work toward, and I'm sure those matches helped you with some valuable matchup experience against a GOOD Falco. You'll know what to expect in the future.

Still, you did come pretty close! Never quit Mario, man. Your's sounds pretty beast good.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It was insane. He is probably the only real Falco player in Vegas, and he is godly.

Everything was new to me. Like Falco's dash attack to up smash insta-combo, and his obnoxiouse chain grab to spike. Which is how he pretty much delt with me. :(

Thank god there's really no good D3 players here, or I would get destroyed. I guess that's what I get for trying to go all Mario. But I'm surprised that even with about 25 or so people, I managed to get in top 10.

I should pick up a counter for the hard matchups, but after SK92 ***** my spirit with his MK, I don't really think it matters. I'll never really get close to winning.
Like Straked said, just take it as a learning experience. The best thing that you can do to improve is lose.

For example, I lost to this D3 player, ESOJ, at my last tourney in pools who pretty much CG ***** me. I had no problem with it, since I put myself in that position too much; I was asking for it. I knew that I needed to learn how to not get grabbed so often if I wanted to beat D3, so I made sure that the first thing I'd learn is how to properly fight D3.

Fortunately for me, Boss was in my pool and right after this guy 2 stocked me, Boss showed me how it's done. Retreating Nairs, properly spaced Bairs, and comboing once inside. He 2 stocked this guy and had him switch to MK. It was embarrassing for me, but a learning experience, lol :laugh:

Top Bottom