• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I enjoyed the Direct greatly, just wish we got to see more of Mario in action.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Killer Instinct on the xbox one is amazing! Jago ftw!

as for mario in smash 4, I hope they buff his moves to make him stronger.

:pow:

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Well, Mario does seem a bit more powerful from the E3 2013 demo, Mario vs. MegaMan match. Especially his d-smash.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well, Mario does seem a bit more powerful from the E3 2013 demo, Mario vs. MegaMan match. Especially his d-smash.
Mario does seem stronger. Hopefully he has more buffs and regains his middle/high tier status that he had in melee/smash64 at least.

Last edited:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Mario does seem stronger. Hopefully he has more buffs and regains his middle/high tier status that he had in melee/smash64 at least.
Don't forget it's not just buffs mario needs, but every other character who may needs nerfs and/or buffs. And the people who play mario and attend tournaments determine mario's place on the tier list (at least when the game first comes out, more or less later on, for example sonic) but overall it's usually the tournament placing but also looking at the character itself as well

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised you said that coolwhip considering you quit brawl and you can't even play on the new wifi servers for brawl on the wii u. But at least you could load textures with homebrew again.
you should just wait for ssb4, considering brawl is pretty much dead anyways.

Last edited:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
aaah, I see. Yea I guess I could say the same thing. I'm playing old games right now like mario kart wii, and with custom tracks and crap. Well my bad, sorry to accuse you of saying that

Last edited:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
It's cool dude. we're good. I haven't really played against anyone in awhile, hope to break that streak soon.

Mortal Kombat X trailer

I'm a smash champion now. *Watches the confetti fall in slow motion*

Last edited:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Has anyone played the smash 4 demo yet? If so, what are your thoughts\opinions so far.
(Even tho the game is still in development)

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
I was so close to playing the demo, but I was too lazy to get my ass out of the house and go play it. I live near the Bestbuy at Culver City but I didn't want to face long hours in line just to play for a couple of minutes. I'll just wait till the end of the year to play it. (Gonna miss that collectible smash pre-order coin though) But from I've heard from many threads, the Wii U version seems to have lots of aerial landing lag in most of the cast's aerial attacks. Plus, character movement feels a bit stiff.

Last edited:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
apparently, CT ZeRo's tier list put mario in high tier, which leaves a good impression. Hopefully he actually will be though, heard he has faster aerials and can combo even better than brawl

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Holy! That's great! I gotta check out that tier list that CT Zero put together. I've also heard that Mario's fludd actually does damage this time around, but I'm not to sure about that one.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
The game hasn't been release yet and there's a tier list already? I'm not on board with Zero's word until I start seeing tournament results with Mario.

Last edited:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
If Mario is actually good we'll know. It's an initial tier list based on an incomplete build of the game by a random player. Take everything with a grain of salt.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
If Mario is actually good we'll know. It's an initial tier list based on an incomplete build of the game by a random player. Take everything with a grain of salt.
I said something similar to this in the official tier list thread. I agree.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Has anyone tired to log on aib recently? I'm guessing it has switched over to a new server address.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
So anyone remember that old xat server we used to have? Anyone remembers what happened to that?
lol I think I know what you're talking about, that like "Mario Critique" xat. I saw it in a thread here, but I never really logged on to it anyways, it was old. it just died because of lack of use, and marios still alive, lol. At least that's what it sounds like happened

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Ah okay. Yeah I was just wondering what happened to it thats all. So, is anybody gonna be sticking to brawl after smash 4 releases?

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I will most likely still be repping mario for brawl. Although the amount of time I ever play brawl again once I get ssb4 will be very limited, because I really want to actually become a part of the offline scene for ssb4. I hardly got the chance to for brawl, so ssb4 is my next chance.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Wassup fellow plumbers. I haven't heard from any of you guys in a while, esp guys like Matador, hope all is well with him.
I'm ready for smash 4 (Wii U) when it finally comes out. #Can'tWait

This NEW mario song is too good imo. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
So hey guys. Anybody have Smash 3DS? Have any mains in mind? I think I'm going with Dr. Mario for this iteration of Smash. What about you guys? Oh and anybody up for some battles?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
So hey guys. Anybody have Smash 3DS? Have any mains in mind? I think I'm going with Dr. Mario for this iteration of Smash. What about you guys? Oh and anybody up for some battles?
It's nice to see Doc back, but I'll continue using Mario Instead. Megaman would be a legit co-main.
I like his move set, his dair is a bit questionable, but overall I dig Megaman.

Last edited:

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
It's nice to see Doc back, but I'll continue using Mario Instead. Megaman would be a legit co-main.
I like his move set, his dair is a bit questionable, but overall I dig Megaman.

IDK man, I just really enjoy docs punishing game! I also love catching people who consistently dodge around me with Dr. Tornado as well. I'm not ruling out Mario however, I do feel like his combo game is much better. Maybe I'll just just use Mario and Doc for some match-ups that I feel more comfortable with? I'll see soon. Megaman? Yeah I was thinking the same thing, co-maining him! But I also enjoy Shulk too..

Top Bottom