• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marina Liteyears for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I was just listening to the boss music for Mischief Makers (i.e. when you fight Lunar/Horas/Merco in their first forms) and I figured, regardless of whether Marina has a good chance of making the cut, why not try for one of these characters too?

Lunar:

A new challenger appears!

*Enter snow level where you fight Lunar*

Ready...Fight???

*Character looks around*

???

*Spotlight shines down on spot a few feet away from character, Lunar jumps into it*

HEEEEEEEEEERREEEEEE'S LUNAR!

*Start boss music*

anyway....

Opening quote: HEEEEEEEEEERREEEEEE'S LUNAR!
Taunt: "I live to fight!"
Victory Quote: "Through fire, justice is served!"
Losing quote: "I lost due to the snow!"
Super Move: CERBERUS ALPHA!

ok I guess I need some sort of moveset too...here are the b attacks so far:

down b: bomb kick- Lunar slides forward (or down when used in the air) and drops bombs in his wake
neutral b: charge blast- similar to samus' charge shot, can be charged up (duh)
side b: machine gun- same way it's used in Mischief Makers, except you can use it in the air too
up b: dash uppercut- similar to the bomb kick

I'll get back to you with the other attacks...maybe XD. Any suggestions/additions/criticisms welcome.

Btw that boss music really is good :)

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Actually, there is no need to "buy" her in the first place, as Treasure is the kind of company that would likely just let Nintendo use the character without charging a dime, since her presence in the game would be payment enough in the form of free advertising.
Is that true or are you just saying that? I need proof that Treasure or other company has done this before....

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
It was stated as a hypothetical rather than a fact - as there "would likely" be such a case. Still, there is no need to "buy" the character, just the rights to use her. And also Treasure would likely not charge very much or demand hefty royalties as would likely be the case with a much more well known company like Square-Enix. So, in a sense, they would just "let" Nintendo use her (and there is a possibility they'd simply lend her out). From a business perspective, it's just a smart thing to do for an otherwise little known company.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BUMP!*

At any rate, I'm going to have her B-move set up really soon. I just need to work out the fine details.
Something to look forward to at least... I hope... Poor Marina needs some love... :(

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Man, I can't stop wishing Marina to be in Brawl. Her play style was just so unique and cool... it's so sad thinking about she has so small chances of making it :( . I at least hope the game makes it to the Virtual Console some time on the Wii.

Yeah Lunar was also my favorite of the Beastector (that the right spelling?), though I actually found the Mugen and son fight more fun :chuckle: .

Anyway I can always dream... *dreams of hearing "Shake, Shake" or "Stoppp!" in SSBB*.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
ZOMG! Someone actually posted here! Yes the Migen and son fight was uber fun - "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!" :chuckle:

Whoops... I have a moveset I have to get back to... >.< Regarding that, I am open to suggestions - In fact I'd very much appreciate them. :)

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
B-B-B-BUMP!!

^____________^

Why? Cause Marina RULES! I used to play this game all the time back in the day! AND I still have my copy of the game! HAZZZAAAAA!

Marina is like, built SSBB, She's got the throwing arms, jet boosters, and the SHAKE, SHAKE! XD!

MARINA FTW!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
OH SHI- What in the Nine Hells are you doing here??? :chuckle: j/k Welcome to SmashBoards Mika...

At any rate, if anyone has any suggestions for a B-moveset for Marina, I'd appreciate the feedback. I was thinking of incorporating some elements from Gunstar Heroes, but I'd like to hear some other opinions first.

The Cape

Smash Master
I have been working on a speed run of this game, and I discovered that she has displayed almost every possible smash ability in this game. I will see if I can get the video together to display it.

Webba

Smash Rookie
Heres a nice idea how the Beastector Brawlmove could look like:

*Marina catches the Brawl move icon*

The Beastector mech jumps on the stage,

stays a sec,

jumps in the background(like in the game)

prepares the pwnage laser beam(same animation as in game^^)

Lunar says:"Trough fire, justice is served!"(imagine original voice here^^)

Beam goes over the map homing for enemies does about 15%-20% per hit (hey its a Brawlmove^^)

Beam lasts for about 10 secounds

after the beam stopped, the Beastector mech jumps again in the foreground and then in the air and disapears.

thats how i would imagine a beastector brawl move, hope marina AND this move will be in Brawl!

Marina is jsut Uberpwnage!!!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Heres a nice idea how the Beastector Brawlmove could look like:

*Marina catches the Brawl move icon*

The Beastector mech jumps on the stage,

stays a sec,

jumps in the background(like in the game)

prepares the pwnage laser beam(same animation as in game^^)

Lunar says:"Trough fire, justice is served!"(imagine original voice here^^)

Beam goes over the map homing for enemies does about 15%-20% per hit (hey its a Brawlmove^^)

Beam lasts for about 10 secounds

after the beam stopped, the Beastector mech jumps again in the foreground and then in the air and disapears.

thats how i would imagine a beastector brawl move, hope marina AND this move will be in Brawl!

Marina is jsut Uberpwnage!!!
Hmmm... I like it... I like alot! It really helps present a good image of just how it would look. I'm thinking of updating that move description now... Again, thanks for the input! :)

Webba

Smash Rookie
as Clance Wars was mentioned a lot to be the Marina stage, i have the idea that the last part of the original level in the first area(just before u grad the star) there aresome kind of halfpipe, a floating area and the bigger block thingy where the star is (hope u can imagine it :laugh: )
This would perfectly fit into SSBB as an area i think.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
i remember playing Mischief Makers a long time ago, but i can't remember anything about the game, other than the green haired girl (Marina). I want to play it now :(

Judging from the posts here, she sounds interesting.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Yes dude(?) you should play the game. It is very fun.
well, the opening post doesn't say much about the story, so I don't know what it's about. but judging from the fifth screenshot in the OP, the gameplay is in the fighting genre. if you're bored, i suggest trying to explain the game for me :X

[also, i'm a girl, not that it matters in any way.]

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
well, the opening post doesn't say much about the story, so I don't know what it's about. but judging from the fifth screenshot in the OP, the gameplay is in the fighting genre. if you're bored, i suggest trying to explain the game for me :X

[also, i'm a girl, not that it matters in any way.]
Actually, it's a platformer. I would refer to wikipedia, but their Mischief Makers article sucks... but it seems Nintendo's page does a good job of explaining, without spoiling too much: http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=m-Game-0000-166

Trust me, you want to pick this one up... or download it...
Well, it one of my personal faves, at least...

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
OMG!!! x2
WHY didn't I think of this!!! Marina should be in Brawl for sure. OH MAN i loved Mischef Makers...especially that fight with Lunar.
Anyway...Marina FTW!!!!

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
And there's Bijoukaba! If so many girls play video games, I may be abl;e to get a date for once.

umm... O_O

Marina ftw
HAHA! You'd be surprised how many girls play video games.

Marina Marina. What are we going to do with you? I'd like to do a moveset but it seems like every time I try my mind gets blank.

Has anyone thought to put in her little jet ability in her moveset? Maybe her running motion could be the jet or boost-whatever the heck it is.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I was thinking of her B-forward being similar to Bowser's, where it's essentailly another grab move. After grabing her opponent, she would then perform her signature "Shake! Shake!" which would cause more damage than the standard grab smack down. Also, if the opponent has an item eqiuped, the shake attack would force them to release the item, where it would land conveniently next to Marina to use. An even more important use of this attack is the ability to intercept projectiles, even beams and lasers. If it is a regular attack, she would be able to hold on to it and hurl it an enemy at any time, but if it is a considerably more powerful attack, she would not be able to move until she throws the attack back at the enemy (or enemies).

Well... Any thoughts?

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
OMG when u had to beat that megazord at the end i dont know about u guys i think she deserves it and she's a femlae character and she's owned by nintendo she's just dam good idc...shes a classic character she deffinitly deserves it i mean come on shes a REAL NINTENDO CHARACTER LIKE well cant say conker but like ness

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
LOL... Megazord... :chuckle:

And while Marina's not widely known, she is the most recognisable face of Treasure - one of the best game companies out there but sadly also one of the more obscure ones. Putting Marina in SSBB would put that fact behind them and then we'll get to see more of their kickass games - at least I hope...

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
didnt she have a jump attk or a upper cut i kinda forgot its been like 9yrs since i playeds it i was like 7

Calina

Smash Cadet
Well, before you get to the second Area you see Marina punch a clancer up into the air, then jump up after it and smash it down to the ground with her fists. I always assumed it'd be her Iron Fist but it could be her up B in the game possibly.

Oh, and if any of you want to see the game for moves and what not I uploaded it all to Youtube for a friend of mine, Unfourtunately Phoenix Gamma fight doesn't work and I really don't feel like going through the hassle of getting it again. http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Vardia

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
no... it could never work, Mischief Makers sucked and so does that green hair freak. sorry i had to say that.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
I agree with hemightbegiant. noob, you must want to be flamed to say something like that.
just what is flaming?, i don't want it, but i want to know what it is, see, i don't speak geek, and as for what i said, i don't regret ever saying it, because there just words, an opinion, no need to be offended by them, it's not that big a deal unless you make it one, just chill out, there's nothing wrong with a different opinion, and thanks for using my name. :p

Kirye

Smash Ace
Been a while since I played this game. o.o I just saw some of the youtube vids *Mostly boss fights* and good memories ran in.

Marina, though not a popular character at all, would fit perfectly in this game. She seems the type that would go along well with the rest of the Brawl crew, and her attacks were pretty awesome. But as said many times, there are very few slots, and many higher ranked characters wanted for Brawl, so the chances of seeing her in are somewhat slim.

Top Bottom