• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marf....

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Are you guys kidding? Marth's up-smash is what makes him so great, look at that pose..come on, it screams win.
That doesn't scream "win". Marth is screaming to his God, Sakurai, to allow him back into Brawl.

Sakurai just unleashed his Ultimate Final Smash - The Final Backhand of Denial!

He'll be left alone with all of the clones, gone forver.....

Bloodred

Smash Cadet
this is a fun little thread, but where do you go to get good marth tips when the only faq for him is trash?

Bloodred

Smash Cadet
I've been looking but all i see are the same old tried and used moves and combos and i want something new. i know almost everything has been discovered and everybody here knows ''marth'' inside and out but i've been playing this game for years and i just started play with marth because i think he would stay basically the same in brawl and his style just looks so much better than it did months ago...........ya know?

Bloodred

Smash Cadet
that's not it i just like to talk about smash with people who know what they are talking about ya know, not people who think they know everything and i thought this would be a good place...........besides, marth is the perfect person to beat the foxes and sheiks my other charcters can't beat ya know.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
that's not it i just like to talk about smash with people who know what they are talking about ya know, not people who think they know everything and i thought this would be a good place...........besides, marth is the perfect person to beat the foxes and sheiks my other charcters can't beat ya know.
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH. According to Tiers Marth cant beat any of the characters u just stated.

Plus there isn't much to talk about Marth. I mean u run around swing ur sword and stuff dies. (Albeit its much harder in practice then it sounds)

I think I used albeit wrong...

Bloodred

Smash Cadet
tiers aren't the set in stone outcome of a match ,they just let u know who's better over all and that is only if both players are of equal skill levels. as for marth, every charcter has their cheep points, marth-sword, fox-shine, kirby-........ummmmmsomething ya know. marth does what my other charcters can't and that's to beat them foxes & falcos ya know.

Rune

Smash Lord
You're looking for new tactics 6 years after release? Sorry dude, but Marth has been turned inside out, even more so than most characters, since he's high up in the tires.

The only new tactics you might find, will be slight variations of the known tactics, or the known tactics used in slightly different context. And these refinements will probably only come to you once you completely and utterly master Marth's known tactics. Which likely won't happen before Brawl comes out.. unless you're secretly Ken's long lost twin brother, and he agrees to train you 24/7.

Bloodred

Smash Cadet
most likely your right but it doesn't have to be new stuff with marth it could be anti moves to use when playing diffrent charcters and moves people thought were trash overall but good to use in fights in situations ya know...........like when i fight luigi they tend to come down with their 2 f air so what i do is up smash and follow up with a air move like up air and try to syke them out by wavedashing on the ground and see what they do. that works for me most of the time when fighting air dependent charcters like jiggz and peach ya know ,because of his reach.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Hey, my foes get hit by the up-smash too..but thats because I'm simply too good.

But bloodred, don't start discussions like that, we get them to death and it gets REALLY annoying.

Bloodred

Smash Cadet
what do mean? i know the up smash is a garbage move as a whole but i was asked a question and i had to put in my 2 cents ya know but i'm not here to annoy anybody so i ask something else.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
No no, not the up-smash, but talk about marth's potential and whatnot, we get it alot.

The up-smash isn't as bad as people say because every move has its uses...except for fox's fair lol.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I recently finished a tournament match with an up smash. It was against a Marth on corneria. I was at the edge of the Jet thing an he came at me with a nair. I up smashed him out of the nair since he was comming from the top of the fin and I thought'd be funny. I didn't think I'd actually sweetspot it and win the match though

Bloodred

Smash Cadet
No.

Marth tilt, grab, fair.

Front smash is a situational piece of crap.
also d tilt, u tilt, and u air ftw ya know but up smash has the most style and thus a key move in marth victory (just kidding........well...not really ya know!).

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Up smash? UP SMASH?

NO!

MARTH
FRONT
SMASSSSHH!
But his up smash is so sexy.

Anyone ever tried using down smash against Peach and Jiggs. I've started using it on them if they live to higher percents and it frequently catches them by suprise. I use it when I'm facing away from them sometimes and they spot dodge or shield expecting a foward smash. It often shield stabs them anyway and it's slow enough to get them after a spot dodge so they often get nailed by this. I've also used this for edgeguarding Peaches and Jiggs that like to come low because it's too fast for them to react to it. They think I'm spacing for a f-smash so they get ready to float away from the stage but the down smash get's them anyway. You should try it out.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
just got back guys

*looks at topic*

why the heck is this topic still open

and to cactaur a few pages back, no offense taken...you're just way better than i am

mood4food77

Smash Hero
haha

btw, that first combo...just don't ask how it worked

and yea...i thought it'd be closed by now cause pretty much, only the bowser spam thread has more spam than this does

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
lol is that the same samus that got owned by jade?!?

anywayz when a samus or peach are at 0-10%, then fthrow>fsmash, it will be a guaranteed tipped fsmash, and sweetspot those up-b's...or do em from low enough that you grab the ledge instead of land on stage.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that samus is my bro, i'm trying to get him better...as you can see, not going very well

fthrow-fsmash i don't think tips at 10%...but i'll try it

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
F-throw to f-smash isn't going to do much good against samus or peach, and it won't tipper unless they di that way and most won't.

I'd be trying to combo at earlier percents into the f-smash or something over getting a weak hit f-smash.

And I still feel bad for that brawlpro

Bailey

Smash Hero
Um. Mood4food. Come. To. ToyWiz. Friday. Me. Storms. Phil. = good practice for you then tournament next day. Also Bluedeath smells like shoes.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he's actually KTTY, so it may be different

i can't bailey, i gots football

tell phil i say hi though

Top Bottom