• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 24th Cleveland OH tournament

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Okay, now I reaaly want to face Phasion in a tournament singles match.

Why?

He needs to know how gay space animals are against Falcon. :(

And at the last two tournament I've seen him face them, he's been lucky. :(

FlipX

Smash Ace
Lol SFG it might feel good while you are owning him but after you feel like a jerk. Thats what it felt like when i mm'ed ppl at my school for $20. After they paid me i didnt feel so bad though. So in reality you have to win the tourny to feel better about beating phasion, during the course of this tournament you will probably have to play a good peach (camper bob) and you will, in turn, see just like you showed phasion how rough some counters can be. But then of course that peach will eventually have to face my link and will learn the same lesson everyone else did. Wow looks like it'll be a good tourny for me. =P

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
lol i love the inter-crew rivalry.

It's just funny, before I started these tournaments, I never really took the idea of counterpicking seriously, but now i'm working on Marth so I have something to rely on. It's interesting to see that I learned so much in such a short amount of time.

I guess that the only way you can get better is to play people who are better than you, and it shows.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
lol i love the inter-crew rivalry.

It's just funny, before I started these tournaments, I never really took the idea of counterpicking seriously, but now i'm working on Marth so I have something to rely on. It's interesting to see that I learned so much in such a short amount of time.

I guess that the only way you can get better is to play people who are better than you, and it shows.
Ditto on everything you just said except the Marth part. Sure I can play a decent Marth but definitely not at tournament level. I already have enough characters to choose from if a counterpicking situation were to rise. (and yes I'm aware of the fact that Marth has a lot of matchups in his favor) ^.^

4% APR

Smash Champion
I'm pretty decent with ganon, but I won't be at this one. If you came down to my tourney we have a couple of good ganons down here. (advertisement)

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Guys, there are currently 20 people signed up for this tourny, so it should be a decent one.

SFG- I'm going to the place today to really push and see if I can get teams. If I do, it will be announced during the tourny.

There is still plenty of time to register, and even if you don't, still feel free to come since there are plenty of open spots. Remember, it's a $15 buy-in, so there will be more prize money to the winners.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'm going to be at the Gaming Center to practice tonight if anyone is interested. I'll probably go when I get off of work around 5 p.m. or so.

Impp

Smash Ace
I'll be able to practice. What time you gonna be there?

Oh.. it says it in your post.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Man that was fun. I've definitely improved since last time and you all are insene as well.

Phasion- that Falcon ditto was the shiznit man. ^.^
$2 mm FTW

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
John from Case- Playing against somebody who can Wobble is NOT fun. Sorry I had to take you out of the third tournament in a row though. :(
Other John- That Pikachu ditto was fun.

Bob- lol, "I randomly walked into 8 M2K matches and I saw him miss ONE l cancel." Then you said, "I can't even l cancel." Good job on beating me in the tournament again.

Jesse- I have to use some other banned stage on you next time if I face you because Icicle Mountain wasn't as fun as I thought it was going to be. :(

Phasion- Yeah Jesse, Droly, some other guy who I can't remember, and I told the venue owner what to do about teams and stuff. So there should be a better turnout for it next time.

Top Bottom