• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 18 Tournament in Eureka, MO

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
That's right we are doing it again, just like I said we would. Forunately the snow and ice hit just before I posted, so hopefully we don't get hammered again the day before like last time. Anyway, everything is gonna be run pretty much the same as last time. Sign-ups start at 1:30, $10 entry fee for the singles tourney double elimination. I know a lot of people that were here last time wanted to do a team tournament, but we just didn't have the numbers to do so (unless we all followed the one guy's idea about paying the entry fee for a team of computers...lol). So if we can we'll try to have a team tourney afterwards, $20 entry fee for team.

We are located at 1739 West Fifth Street in Eureka, MO. Our phone number is 636-938-9989.

Any questions feel free to ask.

EDIT:

Match struture:
8 min matches, 4 stock. No items. All characters available.

Random -
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield

Counterpicks - (You can counterpick a Random stage)
Corneria
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Poke Floats
Brinstar
Mute City
Green Greens
Onett

All other stages are banned.

First round stage will be random unless both contestants can agree on a stage. Loser gets to pick the next round arena. All matches are best 2 out of 3.

That's what I got. If you have some suggestions as far as stages that are only available through random or what not let me know. In fact, if you have ANY suggestions...let me know.

Echo

Smash Champion
where the hell is eureka? if its closer than st. louis i'll think about comin =] lol

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I had a great time at the last one, it was my first tournament.

This one will be my second. And hopefully, I can bring one or two more friends along this time, instead of just one.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
It's where Six Flags St.Louis is...u probably have to pass it to get 2 stl...anyways i can probably make this 1

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Man, the week right before SMYM, and the same weekend as TJs smash party. Ill try to make it, but getting off work 2 weeks in a row might be tough....

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Mann, Geno u gotta make these. R u driving up to SMYM again? and we still gotta play Earthbound. BTW who's housing 4 SMYM?

Radium88

Smash Lord
Hi. I'm new the forum. I was wondering how do I sign up for this tournament and is anybody allowed to play? I'm also not sure if I can make it so do I have to sign up beforehand or can I just come and pay the fee and be in the tourney?

A 2

Smash Apprentice
Alright ive got 5 people from rolla coming, we were wondering if there were a group of stl people that wanted to crew battle? Hope to see you all there.

-A2

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down for a Crew Battle w/ some STL peeps on my side. I'm sure there will be 4-5 of us that'll play you Rolla guys ^_^

Welcome to the forum, Radium! And to sign up for the tourney, you just show up at the time of signups (or a little earlier if you want some practice games) and then pay your 10 bucks and you are in.

B&B, you may want to post a full list of rules, such as stages available, stages that are banned, players banning stages, and how characters and levels are picked each round... If you have questions about that stuff just ask in PM or take a look at some of the bigger tournaments like SMYM or Innsomnia V.

Also, if there are a lot of people coming to this, will you guys be doing Round Robin stuff to determine the bracket placing? Its nice to do this so that you get a good Finals round... PLUS lesser players get more money's worth by being able to play more tournament matches =)

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
So anyway, this look silly. If I go, I'll have fun and just play high tier the whole time to avoid gay *** characters. I'll see if random will go.

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
Sorry I haven't been very active guys been busy. I'll grab the rules and stuff from my post for the previous tournament and edit the first post, and if you guys want any changes just say something and I'll probably throw em in there. This looks like it's gonna be a lot bigger than the one we had last time, so I hope people bring some set-ups or there is gonna be quite a bit of down time. As far as bracket placing, last time we just did it completely random, but if we have a lot of people this time (which it is looking like we will) we might have to figure out something different.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
I'll be disappointed if random doesn't show, but it'll be a little easier on our Rolla crew.

We'll bring at least two set ups (I just bought a new TV) and there will be either 4 or 5 of us going.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I think stage selection should be like this:

Random -
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield

Counterpicks - (You can counterpick a Random stage)
Corneria
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Poke Floats
Brinstar
Mute City
Green Greens
Onett

All other stages should be banned.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I think for this tourney I'll wear a toga, out of respect for 300 and God of War 2.
Or Toga should were a toga.

Yep I third Lixi's stage choices.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I agree with Lixi, sweet!!! Rainbow cruise will finally not be random.

If you did the brackets randomly last time I would recommend using the traditional pools system most smash tournaments have. Their are a bunch of programs you can download off the internet that can help you set them up.

Im almost sure ill be going to this,and Ill be bringing 1 TV. I dont have a working GC though if someone else could bring theirs that would be great.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I'll MM you for $2, Nette. And I already have a $2 with you Deku, and I think I've got two MMs with Lixi. I'll go double-check that.

Edit: Here are our MMs Lixi.
Your Ganon vs my Doc - $5
Your Falcon vs my Marth - $1
Your Fox vs my Falcon- $1

^_^'' Geno do you still have my stuff? Controller, jacket, sleeping bag.

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
Since everyone seems to agree with Lixi, I'll change the post to what he said. And as for these programs Geno, do you know what exactly the program is called or where I can find one? Thanks for the help from everyone. We are still kinda new at this.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Geno, i can bring a game cube 2 go with ur TV, if i go that is. I already committed 2 going 2 TJ's the night before so it'll depend on how tired i am.

Top Bottom