• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 18 Tournament in Eureka, MO

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Since everyone seems to agree with Lixi, I'll change the post to what he said. And as for these programs Geno, do you know what exactly the program is called or where I can find one? Thanks for the help from everyone. We are still kinda new at this.
Lol, its no problem, you should have seen how unorgonized the first tournament I held was.....
well anyway, The program is simply "Tournament Maker" v.2.0 I believe. Its pretty easy to use and can be found here http://www.adrianljones.com/TM20.exe . Hope that helps.

hehe, also, you should add "near st.louis" or something like that to the title of this thread. :)

^_^'' Geno do you still have my stuff? Controller, jacket, sleeping bag.
Yes, I havent moved any of your stuff from out of my car. Your controller was found at my place and I have that too. Though the sticker on it has rubbed off.....

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Geno, when are we gonna play some friendlies? Let me know when you're available.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I need to make sure to come over to one of you experts and play you to get some suggestions on improving my game.

If you see anyone playing a red young link, it's probably me. (I also play Marth)

SamDvds

Smash Ace
I need to make sure to come over to one of you experts and play you to get some suggestions on improving my game.

If you see anyone playing a red young link, it's probably me. (I also play Marth)
Young Link is a counter pick for Peach (but so is marth)

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
whoa whoa

is there 2v2 at this? if not there shoullld bee

also need to get some mms going.. im just gonna call people out.. name your amount if you accept, and say if you wanna do something cool like ironman or any special rules

dont be shy.. mms are fun! 1 dollar never killed anybody...
nette
geno
lixi
andy
toga
zig
apple
pyro
muba
sam
a2
nike
smooth (i think were down for a 2$?)
anyone else going.. lol

alsooo ill probly be bringing 1-2 people with me..
and of course... friendlies with everyone... and everyone better go!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I will be making an effort to attend this.

>> MM's <<

Smooth_One: Let's make all these $1 each, because I actually have less confidence in my game since the last tournament I attended.

Ganon vs. Doc - Didn't we do this one already? But we can do it again, I suppose.
Falcon vs. Marth
Fox vs. Falcon

Dekuschrub:

Ice Climbers vs. your Fox or Sheik - $3?

For anyone else interested, easy money folks!

Ice Climbers vs. Anybody - $5
Luigi, Falcon, Fox vs. Anybody - $1

NO DITTOS

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers vs. Anybody - $5
Luigi, Falcon, Fox vs. Anybody - $1

NO DITTOS
heh alex, you sure you dont want to do another IC ditto?
Lol, that last one we had was quite possibly the dumbest round of smash to ever occur durring a tournament.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Yep Deku we've got a $2, but let's make it an Iron Man instead. ^_^
>_>' I don't know the official rules (?), but here's what I found via Search.

Tink said:
5 characters, stated in advance. Double blind pick for first character. No "doubling up" on one character.

First match is a random (or stage agreed upon) using the neutral stages. Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokestadium, Yoshi's story, Dreamland 64.

4 stock each, 8 minute time limit. You keep the remaining stock for your character at the end of the match. If the timer ends, the player with the most stock/lowest % keeps all his stock, loser loses all his stock.

Winner stays character (kills himself until he reaches right # of stock when game starts), loser picks new character then picks stage.

No stage may be used twice, no banned stages, all matches start with characters in opposite sides or in normal starting positions.

Winner takes all $!
If anybody else wants to do an Iron Man I'm up for $2.

Lixi, yeah those are the MMs we arranged (I went back to the first Eureka tourney's thread to double-check 'em), but we could do my Doc vs your Ganon instead. Actually I'd rather do that one if it's alright.

Thanks for holdin' onto my stuff Geno. I'll look for ya the 18th. :)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
heh alex, you sure you dont want to do another IC ditto?
Lol, that last one we had was quite possibly the dumbest round of smash to ever occur durring a tournament.
Ice Climber dittos are extra ridiculous, but I just can't play dittos in general. NO DITTOS.

Sam_Dvds said:
Lixivium, if i end up going how bout my Peach vs your ICs' MM
This is probably a very bad idea but I'll do it.
Legal random stage okay?

Smooth_One said:
Lixi, yeah those are the MMs we arranged (I went back to the first Eureka tourney's thread to double-check 'em), but we could do my Doc vs your Ganon instead. Actually I'd rather do that one if it's alright.
Okay then.

Mine vs. Yours, $1 each.
Ganon vs. Doc
Falcon vs. Marth
Fox vs. Falcon
Legal random stages only?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Mine vs. Yours:

Smooth_One - $1 each
Doc vs. Ganon (Random stage)
Falcon vs. Marth (Random stage)
Fox vs. Falcon (Random Stage)

Samantha - $5
Ice Climbers vs. Peach (Final D)

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
I'll MM you Muba. Name your price.

Smooth, I'll do a 2-5 dollar with you, regular or Iron Man, whichever.

Deku, I'll 2-5 dollar you best of 3 if you want. Lixi, 1-5 is fine if you want with whatever characters.

Looking forward to it... and I think they will run Teams if there are enough participants, which it looks like there should be this time around.

I may be able to bring 1 or 2 people with me also.

Edit: Geno, we should do teams together here if we get a chance... be good practice for SMYM.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Sure I could do a $2 Iron Man, Nike.

$1 MM
Lixi
-Ganon vs. Doc
-Marth vs. Falcon
-Falcon vs. Fox

$2 MM
Nette

$2 Iron Man
Deku
Nike

And of course, friendlies with everybody. :)

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
alright looks good so far..
ill take a 5 dollar with you nike
i'll be giving lixi the fox for 3 dollars
ironman with smooth

muba mm?
doc vs whatever?

sam your peach vs whatever?

anyone else?

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
If I go...I'll go with muba and samantha if they're willing

If so, I'll do a five dollar mm with Lixi my yoshi versus his climbers ;)
Also, muba...$1 ness versus doc?
Deku, $1 pika vs fox

thos are just some off the top of my head. I'll see if I even go

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Deku, who do u use again? I'll do a $1 MM vs anyone except fox or marth with Zelda.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
nette, i'll 2-5 dollar you also.

This is coming up in just a week and a day ^_^

Also, B&B, you may want to explain level banning. Most all tournaments let both players (after picking characters for the first match) ban one level. It can be a random level or any counterpick level and nobody (even a random select) can choose that level for the entire set between those 2 players.

Zig, hope you can come man. Same for Random.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
NikePK, I'll $2 ya.

Who will you be, Jiggs or Samus? I'll be falco either way.

We played eachother once over at geno's house, we'll see if I do any better this time.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
sure thing nette, i mostly play jiggs now, so it'll probably be her. It'll be cool to play you again, hopefully we've both improved haha.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
B&B Games:

You guys need to get it together and post some more concrete info and an official ruleset. The first post is sparse at best and hasn't been updated in like 3 weeks.

1. What is the order of events? About what time does Doubles/Singles start?

I know that you can't always stick to a schedule, but you should at least HAVE one.

2. What are the official tournament rules?

Will Singles/Doubles have pools or random seeding? Are they going to be single or double elimination? Is the Final set also 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5?

Do you get to ban a stage? Most tournaments use what is called "Dave's Stupid Rule" - you cannot counterpick with random stage you already won a game on. Are you going to use this rule?

What techniques are banned? (Freeze glitch, soul stunner, Yo-Yo Glitch, wobbling, wallbombing, etc.) What are the rules on pausing during a match?

3. What is your policy on non-tournament matches? Will there be free play, or do people have to pay for "training time", as you guys put it in the last tournament? What if people want to do a Crew Battle or Low Tier tournament on the side?

Most importantly, do you guys have tournament-making software working, or does someone have to bring it?

I'm only planning to stay until about 6:30 PM. The last thing I want is to have people waste time arguing about rules and such, or find out that nobody has the tournament software. As you can see, there a lot of things that need to be decided. I hope you guys are professional about this and work them out. Please post your rules here and let us comment on them.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
The rules should be.. like

standard 6 stages randomed for first round, you can ban any stage, not just the random 6.
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of dreams
pokemon stadium
battlefield

then loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character. you cannot pick a stage you have already won on. Then someone make a list of banned stages that cannot be counterpicked. (like the one in the first post)

All matches should be best out of three, with finals best out of 5. Double elimination and pools to determine seeding.

Pools
people are divided into different pools randomly with crew separation preferably.
you play a best out of 3 match with everyone in your pool and record your results. If you win 2 in a row that is a 2-0 victory. If you lose twice but win once that is a 1-2 etc. The results are then added and those with the best records are put in seeding in the bracket farthest away from the other top seed winners. Also pools may eliminate necessary amounts of people to form a standard 16 or 32 person bracket. ( in case anyone was wondering haha)

Everyone should know the banned techniques... wobbling isnt banned...

I agree we need a schedule!! preferably the first tourney could start aroudn noon...? I was hoping i would be able to get there aroudn 1030 ish?

ill probly be bringing paper with a list of banned stages and to record pool results if necessary. I can just make the brackets by hand if need be as well if no one brings the software...

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring my lappy in case you need it, geno. Probably make things smoother.

As far as rules go, this is only their 2nd tourney and they're pretty much relying on us to feed them rules, so if anyone gets there a bit early, we can explain all the rules to them. Someone wanna print out the "standard" rules and bring them? That would help out quite a bit I think. That'll be the way that its played I'm sure, the way we're used to it. I can't say 100 percent, but last time I went there, that's what they wanted. They wanted to have the normal rules and whatnot that usually goes on.

But yeah, for those that aren't so tourney experienced, it would be nice if the first post was updated with these rules.

Edit: Signups are @ 1:30, so its pretty safe to assume singles will start at 2 or so. Hopefully we can all get there on time and start even earlier than 2. teams will just happen if there is time afterwards.

Mune

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Mune#719
MuBa and Sam, is Zig-Zag going with you guys? If so, have any room?

I hope to be able to go to this, would be a great warm-up for SMYM. I'd be willing to do $1 MMs if anyone wants any.

Characters that I pretty much main: Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, Link.

But I will play anyone. Just because you want a certain match up, though, doesn't mean I'll play it as a MM. =P

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
So who's gonna be in the STL crew

From Rolla we'll have: Me (Fred), A2, Wario, Icetoah, and =D
as for the STL crew, Its prolly Me, Toga, Andy (whose gonna be getting a real smash name soon enough), Lixivium, Muba, Sam, and Sandwraith. I dunno if Nike PK or Zig count, but they were in ours at SMYM.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
MuBa and Sam, is Zig-Zag going with you guys? If so, have any room?

I hope to be able to go to this, would be a great warm-up for SMYM. I'd be willing to do $1 MMs if anyone wants any.

Characters that I pretty much main: Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, Link.

But I will play anyone. Just because you want a certain match up, though, doesn't mean I'll play it as a MM. =P
If im going or not depends on how tired i am from the night before. i would like to go, and if i do go, i can prolly get u and zig.

oh and how about a $1MM Link vs Zelda? (i cant promise i wont turn into sheik at some point in the match)

Mune

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Mune#719
I'll take that MM Sam. And I hope you feel up to it. ^_^Tthe ride would be much appreciated! Also, I'll take your Marth versus my Fox, Deku.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
Hope you can make it, Mune. I'll 1-5 dollar MM you if you'd like to. If not, then just fun matches, cuz our games are super close.

Top Bottom