• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 15-16 (FINAL ROUND)11 The Southern Tradition Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Are you guys ********? You, 112, laijin, and who ever the hell posted before me have no idea what you're doing. Do you have any idea the level of appreciation you should have simply because of the fact that Larry took the effort to come by our boards and tell us about this tournament?

If anyone was ever terrible at a game and had the desire to be good, the first step would be showing up at a tournament this insanely huge. Justin Wong and Sanford Kelly has been attending this for the last few years, along with many other insanely good fighting game players. Mike G was even there last year. And I'm sure that they're players most of you in the Smash Community are too naive to have ever heard of. If you played other competitive games with the same basic principal involved, not only would you realize that there is a world outside of Smash World Forums, but also that we are no where near the largest community for a competitive game. Come watch the finals for MvC2 and tell me exactly what's going on on the screen while having just played Smash Brothers and nothing else. Realize that this tournament is bigger than just about any fighting game tournament that's ever been held for a fighting game in the south. MLG Atlanta? lololololololololol.

This is a very reputable tournament, and if you don't start appreciating it as such, then not only do you look incredibly uninformed, but you'll also miss out on the chance to really learn something about competitive fighting games when you go. There is no doubt in my mind that whatever fighting game you play, if it's at Final Round, you leave the tournament at least twice as good as when you showed up. It's the most massive amount of tournament experience you can get at once without having to leave Georgia.

This tournament is going to be insane with or without Smash Brothers, so quit whining and moaning and f*cking man up to some competitive play.

Also, none of you can beat me in Super Turbo. Wonder how I learned Smash so quick? It's not all I played. I know other tactics and mind games for other games in general. Everyone in Georgia better show up to this tournament considering that it's going to be my last fighting game tournament for a long time. So like I said, there's no excuse not to be at a tournament this huge. You're bound to learn something, no matter how hard headed you try to be.
Quoted for mudda *****' truth...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
^.^ Actually, I agree with some of Chad's underlying points. This tournament is insane and I'm seriously glad they picked up Smash for it. I heard about this series when I used to browse the MLG boards (I don't quite remember how. I just know a Tekken 5 player had brought it up in search of larger fighting game tournies.)

Chad makes an excellent point about this being big and that we will all learn shizzle. And of course, in the future as it returns to Atlanta, the tournaments will only get better and better :)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
/me laughs and shakes his head.

I still dont agree or really "appreciate" what's going on; but apparently im crazy for what im thinking, so im going to leave my arguement out of this.

I might still show up, i dont know, but something tells me when brawl finally breaks, im gunna have to go somewhere else for a while.

/me laughs again.

I dunno, i dont think im crazy. But apparently I am. :)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I got another one for you Blanka.

Gerard "Peru": Columbus, GA

He'll be there for Brawl.

Also: What's the price for doubles on SSBB? I see singles is 10$. ^.^ Thanks.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Now that everyone understands how awesome and exciting this tournament is going to be, allow me to begin what this thread was intended for:

I AM THE BEST FREAKING SMASH BROS/GUILTY GEAR/MELTY BLOOD/WHATEVER OTHER GAME PLAYER THAT EVER LIVED I'M SO GOOD NONE OF YOU CAN BEAT ME

P.S. I'M REALLY GOOD AT FIGHTING GAMES

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys ********? You, 112, laijin, and who ever the hell posted before me have no idea what you're doing. Do you have any idea the level of appreciation you should have simply because of the fact that Larry took the effort to come by our boards and tell us about this tournament?

If anyone was ever terrible at a game and had the desire to be good, the first step would be showing up at a tournament this insanely huge. Justin Wong and Sanford Kelly has been attending this for the last few years, along with many other insanely good fighting game players. Mike G was even there last year. And I'm sure that they're players most of you in the Smash Community are too naive to have ever heard of. If you played other competitive games with the same basic principal involved, not only would you realize that there is a world outside of Smash World Forums, but also that we are no where near the largest community for a competitive game. Come watch the finals for MvC2 and tell me exactly what's going on on the screen while having just played Smash Brothers and nothing else. Realize that this tournament is bigger than just about any fighting game tournament that's ever been held for a fighting game in the south. MLG Atlanta? lololololololololol.

This is a very reputable tournament, and if you don't start appreciating it as such, then not only do you look incredibly uninformed, but you'll also miss out on the chance to really learn something about competitive fighting games when you go. There is no doubt in my mind that whatever fighting game you play, if it's at Final Round, you leave the tournament at least twice as good as when you showed up. It's the most massive amount of tournament experience you can get at once without having to leave Georgia.

This tournament is going to be insane with or without Smash Brothers, so quit whining and moaning and f*cking man up to some competitive play.

Also, none of you can beat me in Super Turbo. Wonder how I learned Smash so quick? It's not all I played. I know other tactics and mind games for other games in general. Everyone in Georgia better show up to this tournament considering that it's going to be my last fighting game tournament for a long time. So like I said, there's no excuse not to be at a tournament this huge. You're bound to learn something, no matter how hard headed you try to be.
Thanks for the props lil hommie.;) I was wondering why people in Ga, were on the fence about attending the biggest tournament in the SE region? Yes i'm a noob to the smash community, but not a noob to throwing big events. I hope everyone has a great time during FRXI this year. Man I can't wait to get this party started.:psycho::dizzy::laugh::laugh:

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
I got another one for you Blanka.

Gerard "Peru": Columbus, GA

He'll be there for Brawl.

Also: What's the price for doubles on SSBB? I see singles is 10$. ^.^ Thanks.
What do you think about $5 per team mate. Also I was thinking about starting sign up's on sunday at 9am. Anyone that plans to bring a wii with ssbb/tv please be at the hotel at 8:30am so we can get your badges and set your equipment up in the room.;) Please post on this thread what you can bring so I can have a head count of who is donating to FRXI and how many badges I should set aside for you.;) It's a little over a month before frxi. Get hyped people.:psycho::psycho:

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
SSBB:
1. Christopher Landon "Kreymore" : NewYork/NY
2. Eli Sowah, "Buri", Washington DC
3. Michael Apoyan, Master Chibi, Hackensack NJ
4. Kevin Ao "Strongy" : Marietta, GA
5. Melvin Berry Jr. "Azure Phoenix" : Memphis, TN
6. Joshua Alsup "Gerbil" : Columbus, GA
7. Marty Osborne "GA Peach" : Kennesaw, GA
8. Elliot Lefkovitz "BearsAreScary" : Atlanta, GA
9. Ace G."Shadow Ace 50" -Altanta,GA
10. Marvin Ross "vegeta" : Chesapeake, Virginia
11. Ryan Himmelheber "Himmel" : Boca Raton, FL
12. Chris Movizzo "C-money" : Boca Raton, Fl
13. Yihua Liu : Boca Raton, FL
14. Jeremy Feingold "Jewbacca" : Boca Raton, FL
15. Chris Robinson "MarsFool!" : marietta, GA
16. Jeron Grayson : Bronx, NY
17. Steven Nunez "Lilman" : Hollywood, FL
18. Tom (Yang) McIntire: Memphis, TN
19. Jeff Lewis "Jx31" : Columbus,ga
20. Chad DuBay(chaddd, NeoBlanka) : ATL SHAWTY
21. Alpha Dumbuya "The Alpha Gundam": Columbus, GA
22. Michael Facciolo "Ares": Columbus, GA
23. Derek Peters "DP's Mario": Columbus, GA
24. Maurice "Nice1": Selma, AL
25. Jake Moore "Ninja": Phoenix City, AL
26. Keith Carpenter "Prac": Columbus, GA
27. Rafael Torres "Untouchable": Phoenix City, AL
28. Luis Torres "Reflex": Phoenix City, AL
29. Darvel J."Seph": Columbus, GA
30. Will Whiteside "Torg": Columbus, GA
31. Jared Alexander "Tsunami": Columbus, GA
32. SCOTT POPULAR "monkee77" : ATLANTOYKO
33. Michael Buchheit "FullMetal", Suwanee GA
34. Jack Hayes "ihavespaceballs" : Memphis, TN
35. Bobby Elder " just1111" : Atlanta GA
36. Austin Blewer "TRC" : Columbia, South Carolina
37. Mike G : Gwinnett, GA"
38. Jeffrey Sangster "ssj2jeff" : broward, FL
39. Darrin Jackson "Jaxx" : Tempe, AZ
40. Daniel Tong "Tong" : Atlanta, GA
41. Jonathan Wooden "Xero15" : Atlanta, GA
42. Cornel Ritchie "C" , Stone Mountain GA
43. Tahir Alaka "TarkanX": Minneapolis, MN
44. Javier Puryear "COMMONSENSE" : Durham,NC
45. Jeron Grayson : Bronx, NY
46. Vaughn Mitchell "DARKHOKAGE" : Pembroke Pines, Fl
47. Justin Wong "JustinW" : Empire, Ny
48. Nam Nguyen "Namynam" : Augusta, Ga.
49. John Lee "SleepyK" : Gwinnett/Atlanta, GA
50. Aaron Zeus "Zeus" : Da Dirty Dirty, ga
51. Gerard "Peru": Columbus, GA

Gerbil

Smash Champion
5$ per teammate is fine with me. Sometimes, tournies do 10$ per teammate but it should be left to you or the rest of the community. (higher entry fee = more prize $ to some lol).

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
OMG Justin Wong is going to play Brawl.

Dang.... thats more than enough of a reason to attend this tourney to anyone on the fence. (Ethan)
If you go to only bask in his "holy aura", I wouldn't fault you for coming. :laugh:

Chad & Shin are absolutely right about the scope of this tourney. There is going to be so much awesome at this thing, it would be a real shame to neglect it for the sake of just one game.

Heck I'll be going on Saturday just so I can watch some of the other games I have been wanting to pick up, but haven't had any local competition in. (MvC2, ST, CvS2) Learning some tricks of the trade in those games will be worth it for me.

In all seriousness, this tourney looks like it will be amazing. If IFC Yipes confirms ... I'll die.

P.S. :To ShinBlanka or Chaddd (I see that Justin J from Cali confirmed for MvC2.
Is that the "Dark Prince Cronos" dude that I have been hearing causes a lot of drama.
Forgive my MvC2 ignorance..I am working on it
)

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
OMG Justin Wong is going to play Brawl.

Dang.... thats more than enough of a reason to attend this tourney to anyone on the fence. (Ethan)
If you go to only bask in his "holy aura", I wouldn't fault you for coming. :laugh:

Chad & Shin are absolutely right about the scope of this tourney. There is going to be so much awesome at this thing, it would be a real shame to neglect it for the sake of just one game.

Heck I'll be going on Saturday just so I can watch some of the other games I have been wanting to pick up, but haven't had any local competition in. (MvC2, ST, CvS2) Learning some tricks of the trade in those games will be worth it for me.

In all seriousness, this tourney looks like it will be amazing. If IFC Yipes confirms ... I'll die.

P.S. :To ShinBlanka or Chaddd (I see that Justin J from Cali confirmed for MvC2.
Is that the "Dark Prince Cronos" dude that I have been hearing causes a lot of drama.
Forgive my MvC2 ignorance..I am working on it
)

yEA THAT'S HIM, BUT IF HE CAUSE any problems at FRXI he will be thrown out!;):mad: Yea there will be alot of top fighting game players at FRXI from all around the nation. I hope everyone enjoy FRXI.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
If you guy's like videogame music and anime check out our website.

www.dfpradio.com

We have a radio show we play alot of video game music and anime music while talking about random subjects. Check us out and leave a few comments.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
chaddd is right, its $10 per teammate and $15 for singles.

im really excited about this tournament. does anyone need a teammate?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
a dp i'm down for teams u wanna do it since gerbil beat me to alpha :(
I called dat nigg@ 5 months ago LMAO. There will no doubt be tons of brawl tournies to pop up sooner or later, just ask him for one of those. ^.^ Especially in summer, this ****'s gonna be maddddd awesome.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
gerbil's almost at 2000 posts.

just thought i'd point that out

nice1

Smash Lord
I called dat nigg@ 5 months ago LMAO. There will no doubt be tons of brawl tournies to pop up sooner or later, just ask him for one of those. ^.^ Especially in summer, this ****'s gonna be maddddd awesome.
dang 5 months in advance lol. it's all good i already asked him to do teams wit me next tourney we at together. but ya this is gonna be one hell of a summer

S0FT

Smash Ace
Joshua Davis :"Lawrenceville, Georgia" =SSBB Singles and Doubles

Is there is going to be a melee tournament too?

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
Yep Yep... Arcana Heart is indeed on the list... March 15th...
Melty Blood and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum on March 16th...
DP, We need to meed up with Richard if you really plan on going to Aracna Heart... Or you're gonna be in for a world hurtin' full of loops. I myself been sandbaggin' with Maori myself.... Considering I could've looped the Nee-Sa~Rope loop and bait an Arcana Force out of you =P

And that's just "ONE" of the many loops in the game >.<

Also, you're gonna need to work on your homing cancels... That's a must =P

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
under a month left until FRXI!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for this years event! I guess this thread will never be sticky. :/

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
SSBB:
1. Christopher Landon "Kreymore" : NewYork/NY
2. Eli Sowah, "Buri", Washington DC
3. Michael Apoyan, Master Chibi, Hackensack NJ
4. Kevin Ao "Strongy" : Marietta, GA
5. Melvin Berry Jr. "Azure Phoenix" : Memphis, TN
6. Joshua Alsup "Gerbil" : Columbus, GA
7. Marty Osborne "GA Peach" : Kennesaw, GA
8. Elliot Lefkovitz "BearsAreScary" : Atlanta, GA
9. Ace G."Shadow Ace 50" -Altanta,GA
10. Marvin Ross "vegeta" : Chesapeake, Virginia
11. Ryan Himmelheber "Himmel" : Boca Raton, FL
12. Chris Movizzo "C-money" : Boca Raton, Fl
13. Yihua Liu : Boca Raton, FL
14. Jeremy Feingold "Jewbacca" : Boca Raton, FL
15. Chris Robinson "MarsFool!" : marietta, GA
16. Jeron Grayson : Bronx, NY
17. Steven Nunez "Lilman" : Hollywood, FL
18. Tom (Yang) McIntire: Memphis, TN
19. Jeff Lewis "Jx31" : Columbus,ga
20. Chad DuBay(chaddd, NeoBlanka) : ATL SHAWTY
21. Alpha Dumbuya "The Alpha Gundam": Columbus, GA
22. Michael Facciolo "Ares": Columbus, GA
23. Derek Peters "DP's Mario": Columbus, GA
24. Maurice "Nice1": Selma, AL
25. Jake Moore "Ninja": Phoenix City, AL
26. Keith Carpenter "Prac": Columbus, GA
27. Rafael Torres "Untouchable": Phoenix City, AL
28. Luis Torres "Reflex": Phoenix City, AL
29. Darvel J."Seph": Columbus, GA
30. Will Whiteside "Torg": Columbus, GA
31. Jared Alexander "Tsunami": Columbus, GA
32. SCOTT POPULAR "monkee77" : ATLANTOYKO
33. Michael Buchheit "FullMetal", Suwanee GA
34. Jack Hayes "ihavespaceballs" : Memphis, TN
35. Bobby Elder " just1111" : Atlanta GA
36. Austin Blewer "TRC" : Columbia, South Carolina
37. Mike G : Gwinnett, GA"
38. Jeffrey Sangster "ssj2jeff" : broward, FL
39. Darrin Jackson "Jaxx" : Tempe, AZ
40. Daniel Tong "Tong" : Atlanta, GA
41. Jonathan Wooden "Xero15" : Atlanta, GA
42. Cornel Ritchie "C" , Stone Mountain GA
43. Tahir Alaka "TarkanX": Minneapolis, MN
44. Javier Puryear "COMMONSENSE" : Durham,NC
45. Jeron Grayson : Bronx, NY
46. Vaughn Mitchell "DARKHOKAGE" : Pembroke Pines, Fl
47. Justin Wong "JustinW" : Empire, Ny
48. Nam Nguyen "Namynam" : Augusta, Ga.
49. John Lee "SleepyK" : Gwinnett/Atlanta, GA
50. Aaron Zeus "Zeus" : Da Dirty Dirty, ga
51. Gerard "Peru": Columbus, GA
52. Ron Kimberly "Kryian" : Tallahassee, FL
53. Adam Heart "Keits" : Green Bay
54. Evan Holland "PB&J" : lawrenceville,ga
55. Lee H. Nguyen "Lii" : ATL, Ga
56. Joshua Davis : "Lawrenceville, Georgia"

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
we haven't plan to run a ssbm tournament as of this date, but if we complete the ssbb tournaments early I will alow it as long as we can finish before 12 midnight!;)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
There are no new Brawl rules. I suggest talking to Chaddd about what you should do. I could help out, but I'm a tad busy and really don't feel like getting into it atm lol.

PB&J

Smash Hero
please no items, no built stages, and it should be three stock not four because people survive forever, at least double elimination,8:00 time, and as far as the stages i don't know what stages to be legal or not because there are alot of good ones and alot of others that just kill u by just standing there,but everything else seems cool

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
DP, We need to meed up with Richard if you really plan on going to Aracna Heart... Or you're gonna be in for a world hurtin' full of loops. I myself been sandbaggin' with Maori myself.... Considering I could've looped the Nee-Sa~Rope loop and bait an Arcana Force out of you =P

Also, you're gonna need to work on your homing cancels... That's a must =P
Well, I really don't have to worry about YOU knowing that you're not entering. But I know what to look for when I'm fighting Maori's...

But I can work on that...I need some 1 on 1 time, no more than 3 people. >_>

Gerbil

Smash Champion
please no items, no built stages, and it should be three stock not four because people survive forever, at least double elimination,8:00 time, and as far as the stages i don't know what stages to be legal or not because there are alot of good ones and alot of others that just kill u by just standing there,but everything else seems cool
I completely agree with the following (though 4 stock still may be possible):

3 Stocks, 8 minute time limits.

Double Elimination.

Items OFF, Stage Builder OFF.

Gerbil's Stuff:

I suggest keeping the general Melee format of counter picking and sets etc (you know, 2 of 3 sets, loser counter picks, blah blah blah). As for stages.... I can give you an example list of what my personal opinion is like, and perhaps everyone else here can help with their own opinions. Generally, I left most walk offs as banned for now (due to DDD's CG KO plus those chars with powerful instant Bthrow KOs), but others I was more considerate of different factors.

Stage List: Neutrals - 8; CP - 18; Banned - 15

Default:

Battlefield - Neutral
Final Destination - Neutral
Delfino Plaza - Neutral
Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld] - Banned/Banned
Mario Circuit - Counter Pick
Rumble Falls - Banned
Bridge of Eldin - Banned
Norfair - Counter Pick
Frigate Orpheon - Counter Pick
Yoshi's Island - Neutral
Battleship Halberd - Counter Pick
Lylat Cruise - Neutral
Pokemon Stadium 2 - Counter Pick*
Port Town - Counter Pick
Castle Siege - Neutral*
Wario Ware - Banned
Distant Planet - Banned
Smashville - Neutral
New Pork City - Banned
The Summit - Banned
Skyworld - Counter Pick
Pictochat - Counter Pick*
Shadow Moses Island - Counter Pick

PAST STAGES
Rainbow Ride - Counter Pick
Temple - Banned
Brinstar - Counter Pick
Yoshi's Island - Banned
Corneria - Counter Pick
Onett - Banned*

Unlockable:

Luigi's Mansion - Counter Pick*
Donkey Kong Arcade - Banned
Great Sea - Counter Pick
Spear Pillar - Banned
Mario Bros. - Banned
Flat Zone 2 - Banned
Electroplankton - Counter Pick*
Green Hill Zone - Counter Pick*

PAST STAGES
Big Blue - Banned
Green Greens - Counter Pick
Pokemon Stadium - Neutral
Jungle Japes - Counter Pick

*These were the stages I had a tough time making a decisive vote for....

Other than that, those are my current feelings on stages based on the one time that I played this game lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom