• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MannCo: Cookie Country v3

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Got it, I'll see what I can do!
I use 3DS MAX 2013, with edit poly and smoothing/vertexing.
YAAAAY!! Man, all the smash community seems to use Max! Back when I was into Team Fortress 2 hat making, everybody used Blender, so it was hard to figure out how it's done, haha. NOW I FINALLY FIT IN!!
I would like new testers, do you wish to join when Bomb Omb Battlefield slot opens?
Isn't the Bob-Omb Battlefield just a Final Destination/Battlefield clone? A lovely one, but far too competitive for my taste, hahaha!

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Yeah I'm pretty sure the Bob-Omb was just a FD clone, which is kinda lame imo. And at the guy who was talking about BRSTMs, cool beans.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
I'm not saying I don't like it neutral, I'm saying we don't really need a fifth FD...

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I think neutral stages need something REALLY different to be cool. Either graphical beauty, maybe some animations, or a super unique structure.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I learned how to animate platforms ya know, this stage was before the time I sat on my desk and decided to read all the tutorials for stage making.

I'l think of something...

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Ohhhh! You could make a neutral + a rotating platforms version, kind of like those spinning platforms you find at the beginning of the stage I suppose! If that falls under animation, anyways....just spitballing.

Either way I'll test out anything related to it, I just prefer the neutral version because me = boring.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I think neutral stages need something REALLY different to be cool. Either graphical beauty, maybe some animations, or a super unique structure.
Is that a challenge I read? :smirk:

Hhahahah!

Ohhhh! You could make a neutral + a rotating platforms version, kind of like those spinning platforms you find at the beginning of the stage I suppose! If that falls under animation, anyways....just spitballing.

Either way I'll test out anything related to it, I just prefer the neutral version because me = boring.
Aright, I plan to make both omega and casual versions for my stages for now on... do understand however, my unconscious competitiveness interferes with how much of a freenzy I can make some times...

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I just imagine Edel going "Oh they want casual, I'll give them casual!" as he makes Hill Top Zone a side-scrolling stage with that segment where you're in the room with the moving floor and ceiling and the lava traps. And then his face morphs into Dio's as he laughs.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
I just imagine Edel going "Oh they want casual, I'll give them casual!" as he makes Hill Top Zone a side-scrolling stage with that segment where you're in the room with the moving floor and ceiling and the lava traps. And then his face morphs into Dio's as he laughs.
You forgot about the stage bosses and item spawners

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
You forgot about the stage bosses and item spawners
REGRET, REGRET, REGRET, REGRET.
NO, DON'T EDEL, NOOOOO!!

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Scout just want to say keep it up, one at a time decide which you want to do first, It's all you.
After Nutty Noon, I had another great idea in mind.

I been trying to find a good retro gameboy stage that I wanted in my build
I found this and it's great, but I wish it can be more competitive
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P7dnqhBQFj4
Maybe it should be more like the Kirby's Dream Land Omega stage on SSB3DS

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
People ask me... why do I wanna keep modding Brawl?

My answer is simple!
Im dumb.

I got big plans, I got big plans.

I'll be back.

Hey, Scout just want to say keep it up, one at a time decide which you want to do first, It's all you.
After Nutty Noon, I had another great idea in mind.

I been trying to find a good retro gameboy stage that I wanted in my build
I found this and it's great, but I wish it can be more competitive
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P7dnqhBQFj4
Maybe it should be more Kirby's Dream Land Omega stage on SSB3DS
Yeh, sounds easy enough, sadly its on slot 14 on my to-do list.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
People ask me... why do I wanna keep modding Brawl?

My answer is simple!
Im dumb.

I got big plans, I got big plans.

I'll be back.

Yeh, sounds easy enough, sadly its on slot 14 on my to-do list.
What a beautiful answer.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I am considering into going "Dell".

I already tested Toshiba, ASUS and HP but they all burned out too quickly. [Literrally]

I should get insurance for that, Dell fixes are expensive I've been told.
Im open for suggestions tho!

Edit: I got an HP.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Im back, Im a bit behind on Life, so here it goes:

Updated todo list! *in order

1. Planet Wisp v2: Custom and PM green hill ver.
2. The Omega and Pm version of the Kirby Stage.
3. Hill Top Zone: Omega, Custom, PM and Hazard Mode.
4. Reserved for @ Taiko Taiko
5. NES controler: Just the NES version.
6. Nutty Moon: Custom, PM, Omega and big/casual
7. Club Wario feat. DJ Metal: PM Version only... Can't do casual
8. Competitive Super Mario Land 1-1
9. Remastered Bomb-Omb Battlefield
10. Terminal Velocity: Hazard and Omega only
11. Smash 3: Pokemon Stadium
12. Fully Custom FD... hopefully I can make it feel like this. Clethic or Viking like maybe.
13. Update all of my stages
14. Seven Blades: Shadow
15. -???- Casual and Balanced
16. TF2 community project and Source Fillmaker.

Yup. Turns out this college year is extremely easy for me... just homeworks and no tests. So I have an enormously big time to spare.

Some of these lines has a song in it, Im returning to my old methods of stage making. Using songs to make the stage, Ill be adding them as I go.

Im also gonna stop posting too regularly, since Im posting too much on my thread, it looks that Im trying to get attention. Not quite really, you guys gave me the motivation I needed.

I also need to figure out if the WiiU has an autocorrect function.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Im back, Im a bit behind on Life, so here it goes:

Updated todo list! *in order

1. Planet Wisp v2: Custom and PM green hill ver.
2. The Omega and Pm version of the Kirby Stage.
3. Hill Top Zone: Omega, Custom, PM and Hazard Mode.
4. Reserved for @ Taiko Taiko
5. NES controler: Just the NES version.
6. Nutty Moon: Custom, PM, Omega and big/casual
7. Club Wario feat. DJ Metal: PM Version only... Can't do casual
8. Competitive Super Mario Land 1-1
9. Remastered Bomb-Omb Battlefield
10. Terminal Velocity: Hazard and Omega only
11. Smash 3: Pokemon Stadium
12. Fully Custom FD... hopefully I can make it feel like this. Clethic or Viking like maybe.
13. Update all of my stages
14. Seven Blades: Shadow
15. -???- Casual and Balanced
16. TF2 community project and Source Fillmaker.

Yup. Turns out this college year is extremely easy for me... just homeworks and no tests. So I have an enormously big time to spare.

Some of these lines has a song in it, Im returning to my old methods of stage making. Using songs to make the stage, Ill be adding them as I go.

Im also gonna stop posting too regularly, since Im posting too much on my thread, it looks that Im trying to get attention. Not quite really, you guys gave me the motivation I needed.

I also need to figure out if the WiiU has an autocorrect function.
Wait...if Bob-Omb Battlefield isn't #4...then what is?!

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Woo! Welcome back, I hope your vacation and AFK time was enjoyable to some extent, I can with full certainty say I'm excited to see you back in action, Dio cup and all!

Looking forward to all of your updates (especially Hill Top but that's just cause I'm really biased)

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Hey, is there a version of Castlevania Bell Tower 3.5 with the animated Ho-Oh in the background? That was pretty cool, and it really helped to bring out the whole Pokemon theme of the stage. The way it is now, someone who hasn't played the games much won't be able to tell it's a Pokemon Stage without it either being told to them or having music from the series play. They'd just think it was a Pagoda of some sort. The Ho-Oh was what really brought it all together in my opinion. And, on a side note, is this a traveling stage of some sort? Because that little area down at the base of the tower is really nice, and it deserves to be shown off somehow. I mean just look at this.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hey, is there a version of Castlevania Bell Tower 3.5 with the animated Ho-Oh in the background? That was pretty cool, and it really helped to bring out the whole Pokemon theme of the stage. The way it is now, someone who hasn't played the games much won't be able to tell it's a Pokemon Stage without it either being told to them or having music from the series play. They'd just think it was a Pagoda of some sort. The Ho-Oh was what really brought it all together in my opinion. And, on a side note, is this a traveling stage of some sort? Because that little area down at the base of the tower is really nice, and it deserves to be shown off somehow. I mean just look at this.
Its because the stage is not originally from pokemon, the stage is actually a sunset edited Daigo Village from Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
And im not a fan of idle pokemon or other NPC's models... if they are not necessary I don't use em, for performance reasons (feels kinda wierd having the character doing the same pose for hours).

The last point tho, makes sense. I might use it for something.

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
I hate to sound nitpicky, but if you have the time can you make the Gameland stage alternate between diiferent colors? Kind of like the 20XX FD stage from brawlvault but it'll look cooler.
I am aware that your gameland stage will be the final update, but there are so many awesome colors to choose from.... (and I will not use the ASL tool)

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
I hate to sound nitpicky, but if you have the time can you make the Gameland stage alternate between diiferent colors? Kind of like the 20XX FD stage from brawlvault but it'll look cooler.
I am aware that your gameland stage will be the final update, but there are so many awesome colors to choose from.... (and I will not use the ASL tool)
That's not possible due to how the files are set up sadly, the stages are coloured in different ways.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Well, bad news.

When I started planet wisp again, I screwed up. The lag is insane, I feel like its necessary to start again. So, see ya guys in 8 months.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
R.I.P. Edel's stages. You will be missed.
well time to find someone else to get stages from.
RIP in piece Me.

Shaq punched me in the face today. I had an epiphany.

I learn to add specs on stages! (look at the difference on the floor mario is standing on, in contrast to the red on the platforms. It is slight, but it helps distinguish the character from the stage. That also mean I can add reflective effects to whatever surface that needs it)

Also this:

This, as you can see, is an icon. I'll link the corresponding video to the stage here instead of going in brawl vault to get them. The icon changes depending on who made the video, nice huh?

Edit:

OCD

Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
RIP in piece Me.

Shaq punched me in the face today. I had an epiphany.

I learn to add specs on stages! (look at the difference on the floor mario is standing on, in contrast to the red on the platforms. It is slight, but it helps distinguish the character from the stage. That also mean I can add reflective effects to whatever surface that needs it)

Also this:

This, as you can see, is an icon. I'll link the corresponding video to the stage here instead of going in brawl vault to get them. The icon changes depending on who made the video, nice huh?

Edit:

OCD
Ayyyy~

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Ok, here's Cookie Country with PM's Green Greens:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bx7rh77f9427h27/STGDXGREENS(PM_Cookie_Country).pac

I edited the cookie country's textures a bit to suit PMs Color Pallet.

Its not in BV yet since I cannot take HD pictures using dolphin, and I have to make the thumbnail template again. I also could not make the portraits either, I can make them once I get the pictures.

(That also means I do not know how it looks in-game)

The OP looks much more decorated thanks to the vids!

Last edited:
Top Bottom