• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MannCo: Cookie Country v3

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Its been 8 months, or so I last recalled, that the government sent my scholarship check via mail. Still waiting for it so I can get a much more powerful computer. Can't run 3ds max, nor PM, nor photoshop on this one. It honestly blows, but Im still hopeful I'll see it around summer.

Anyways.

Stage drafts!

Hill Top Zone!
Casual is first, once I do it, other versions are a breeze.

Club Wario!
In addition to the PM version, I'll make a "my" version.
Music in mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39FbJqO0qW4

I hate how small the stage is, better make it twice as big for the party amIright? Creative? IDK, its just two Warioware platforms merging together.

Terminal Velocity!... I think.

Microsoft Paint is OP.

Suggestions are accepted, gladly accepted, I learned quite alot recently.

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
All I can suggest is maybe an F-Zero version of Yoshi's Story. I have no where to put my F-Zero music and no music to put on Yoshi's Story, it makes me kinda sad.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
All I can suggest is maybe an F-Zero version of Yoshi's Story. I have no where to put my F-Zero music and no music to put on Yoshi's Story, it makes me kinda sad.
Thats unique!
Not a bad Idea, I just need to figure out how to pull it off. F-Zero stages are huge compared to Yoshi's Island.

From Crayon and sunny happyness, to Metal and Death...

Poor Yoshi.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Thats unique!
Not a bad Idea, I just need to figure out how to pull it off. F-Zero stages are huge compared to Yoshi's Island.

From Crayon and sunny happyness, to Metal and Death...

Poor Yoshi.
Make an Underground Woolly World stage then, if were gonna kill Yoshis stage.

or maybe this one

Also, that Microsoft paintings are legit :laugh:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Make an Underground Woolly World stage then, if were gonna kill Yoshis stage.

or maybe this one

Also, that Microsoft paintings are legit :laugh:
I love the idea, but we are going to have to wait for someone to rip the stage textures before it could happen. The hardest part is the poly count. I don't know if @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout ever done that before with stages, But this is coming from a Wii U game.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I love the idea, but we are going to have to wait for someone to rip the stage textures before it could happen. The hardest part is the poly count. I don't know if @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout ever done that before with stages, But this is coming from a Wii U game.
I already know how to reduce poly count, had to learn for planet wisp. As for the rips? There is one wii game that uses yarn as a art style, I'll modify that.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I already know how to reduce poly count, had to learn for planet wisp. As for the rips? There is one wii game that uses yarn as a art style, I'll modify that.
That epic yarn though :laugh:

This should be extremely interesting to see. I hope you can finish your other stages soon :grin:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
SJS did some epic potraits recently, you seen them?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=8348.msg1334458#msg1334458
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=8348.msg1334937#msg1334937

View attachment 48067 View attachment 48068

Man, I almost wanna do some more brawl styled characters sometime. Or an S3 versions once the deadline arrives.
That Luigi. Its his Super Mario amiibo pose, and I absolutely love it. How can I show my gratitude to SJS personally? (Where can I contact him to say thanks :laugh:)

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Coming in here super late to say that your hill top sketch and premise is very very true to the source! I LOVE the idea!

Casual and competitive alike, with 3.6's stage update I might be able to have both cause I REALLY like the cut of casual's jib!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I only have one thing to say about all these...

These are the best stages Scout and I love em all
Coming in here super late to say that your hill top sketch and premise is very very true to the source! I LOVE the idea!

Casual and competitive alike, with 3.6's stage update I might be able to have both cause I REALLY like the cut of casual's jib!

Thanks kindly! Can't wait to do more.

It seems the gloamspace, the first stage I ever uploaded, update will be bigger than expected.
Sweet, sweet textures.

Oh, and guess who has a wii now?

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
That teaser with those Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door textures got me officially hyped, that's like one of my all time favourite games!!!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
That teaser with those Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door textures got me officially hyped, that's like one of my all time favourite games!!!

I cancelled Gloamspace v2.

Decided to do a totally new custom one.

Does 8 variations of a stage sounds like a good idea? Or a "wtf why are you going to make us choose again D: " idea?

Edit:

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
pmttydwoods2.png

BrawlboxScreencap5.png

Its getting there.

Hey, should I start a tutorial series for stages? After making successful rimlight, stage shadows and picture export tutorials, I think I may be good enough to simplify complex procedures and stuff.

I plan to start with what I believe simplest to do.

Spawn Points, Item Spawn Points, PKN Trainer Spawn Points, FS smashes positions and boundaries.
All of them are under one simple set of values and such.

I think is useful for the pack makers that finds certain stage boundaries a bit annoying or unbalanced, they can fix them themselves to their liking.

I also try to "modernize the stage" with better looking trees and white petals falling about. Probably add a thick cloud where the bottomless pits are. The stage WILL have animated platforms, but thats later.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
View attachment 49154

Its getting there.

Hey, should I start a tutorial series for stages? After making successful rimlight, stage shadows and picture export tutorials, I think I may be good enough to simplify complex procedures and stuff.

Spawn Points, Item Spawn Points, PKN Trainer Spawn Points, FS smashes positions and boundaries.

I think is useful for the pack makers that finds certain stage boundaries a bit annoying or unbalanced, they can fix them themselves to their liking.

I also try to "modernize the stage" with better looking trees and white petals falling about. Probably add a thick cloud where the bottomless pits are. The stage WILL have animated platforms, but thats later.
The inner "Thousand-Year-Door-fan-boy" in me is going ape right now...

EDIT: Also would it be too much to ask for a stage based off of the encounter with ganondorf in Wind Waker. (You know when hyrule is flooding while you fight a dual-bladed king of evil)

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
The inner "Thousand-Year-Door-fan-boy" in me is going ape right now...

EDIT: Also would it be too much to ask for a stage based off of the encounter with ganondorf in Wind Waker. (You know when hyrule is flooding while you fight a dual-bladed king of evil)
If I can find the models, yeah. But Im doing these "simple" stages since it doesn't require use of 3ds max. The todo list is on hold while I try new things with these stages, until I find a permanent workstation that makes me do things a bit easier.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
View attachment 49154

Its getting there.

I love you man. This is good stuff. Its gonna fit into my personal build nicely.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
View attachment 49154

YES. I tried to make a stage myself, and failed miserably, textures never worked, it was a neat idea too, it was gonna be a stage taking place on an NES controller (I think I've mentioned it here before...)
It'd be especially nice if you did how to do it from scratch, starting with a few important bits of 3DS Max (not a lot, it's a tutorial on stages, not on modeling) and finishing with proper testing.

It also seems like there are no tutorials at all: Couldn't find any.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
YES. I tried to make a stage myself, and failed miserably, textures never worked, it was a neat idea too, it was gonna be a stage taking place on an NES controller (I think I've mentioned it here before...)
You gave me the model remember? The NES controller is in my 3dx Max todo list.

It also seems like there are no tutorials at all: Couldn't find any.
There are a handfull of nifty tutorials on KCMM you could check out. Even so, most might be outdated.

My plan is to make a single thread compiled tutorials I've made and will make. Of course, there will be somethings left out since I don't know everything yet. But atleast I can help you guys get started by knowing the basics.

I'll add this tho, stage making is easy. It really is.

Its all about how much a person cares about the quality and performance and how they find ways to get better at it.
And knowing stage balance.... most of the times.

For example:
My Bomb-Omb Battlfield is hideous. I know I can make it 10x better. I NEED to fix it ASAP.
My public release of wisp was horrendously laggy. Its fixed now tho.
I updated Gameland 5 times.

I used to just say "hey, this stage is different, it looks good, Ima release it NOW" and move on with the next. Until @ Taiko Taiko and @Shun_one taught me that "something good" is not good enough. Spec everything, HD everything, Dio everything.

If a person wanna become a stagemaker, be sure to always judge yourself and say "I can do better".

This philosophical post needs a clever comment...

No seriously, I hate philosophy. Please don't make me do this again.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I can change Ike's Finishing Blow landing in the stage, its a type of spawn point. As for the trees? Was planning to use better trees in that style

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Ike's Final Smash is fun
View attachment 49252

The background mountains are WIP, I might need a photoshoper for those. But that can wait, first of all, I need trees.
Please keep that for chuckles.
You gave me the model remember? The NES controller is in my 3dx Max todo list.

There are a handfull of nifty tutorials on KCMM you could check out. Even so, most might be outdated.

My plan is to make a single thread compiled tutorials I've made and will make. Of course, there will be somethings left out since I don't know everything yet. But atleast I can help you guys get started by knowing the basics.

I'll add this tho, stage making is easy. It really is.

Its all about how much a person cares about the quality and performance and how they find ways to get better at it.
And knowing stage balance.... most of the times.

For example:
My Bomb-Omb Battlfield is hideous. I know I can make it 10x better. I NEED to fix it ASAP.
My public release of wisp was horrendously laggy. Its fixed now tho.
I updated Gameland 5 times.

I used to just say "hey, this stage is different, it looks good, Ima release it NOW" and move on with the next. Until @ Taiko Taiko and @Shun_one taught me that "something good" is not good enough. Spec everything, HD everything, Dio everything.

If a person wanna become a stagemaker, be sure to always judge yourself and say "I can do better".

This philosophical post needs a clever comment...

No seriously, I hate philosophy. Please don't make me do this again. [/spoiler]
That last image... Took me by surprise. Yeah, I, too, have fairly high standards (and hate philosophy huehuehue). I didn't explore the Vault when I was trying to make that stage (To-do list, yay!) but I did go to youtube... And found absolutely nothing, haha.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
What about the Landmaster?
Lets see...

There are FS spawn points for the following smashes:
Ice Climbers, Lucario, Pikmin and poketrainers. You can move the landmaster away from the pit quite easily as you spawn (I tested it, just move a tidbit to your left or right.

But... there is none for Ike. I really should check my sources.

No matter, I plan to make animated platforms that might fix this little dilema just for Ike.
BrawlboxScreencap7.png

So far, this is my draft. A platform on the middle. The timing would be the same as the one on the planet wisp stage, making the stage as one (omega) and PK thunder nightmare.

For me, it feels too gimicky as the faltrough platform will make floating characters easy campers, Ness and Lucas underpowered, and the platform makes spiking a ton easier without the need of risks.

Another Idea:

Remove the middle death pit and use a section of the stage that will rise and lower accordingly. It will fit like a jigsaw puzzle, and making the symbols have a cute little appearance.
BrawlboxScreencap7.png

Same timing as wisp, and it gives me space for more animated platform ideas. This feels like it has more immersion to it. Currently, the stage is as wide as Final Destination's main platform.

So, Im thinking off adding a floor full of white flowers at the bottom to act as your death boundary bellow. To facilitate the stage for even more models, the background will only have the giant white tree on the right, while the rest of the HD-Background is covered by trees.

I have to bend the stage import rules like bit, I wanna make this stage as it would look like if it was on the wii Paper Mario.

And just cause of that, Im gonna do my best to get photoshop working on this not my computer.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
al_150501_1536.bin.out.jpg al_150501_1535.bin.out.jpg

A big giant floor on the background (has to be flat like papermario, hence why I removed the previous one), move the sky, place the trees down, fix the lights, deco will be set.

So yeah, still getting there.

While that settles, question:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35953

If I could animate the platforms, what animations could it have? Im gonna work with this stage and add some material fixes.

Last edited:

lehoangvu639

Smash Rookie
I cancelled Gloamspace v2.

Decided to do a totally new custom one.

Does 8 variations of a stage sounds like a good idea? Or a "wtf why are you going to make us choose again D: " idea?

Edit:
I've made some HD textures for Gloam Valley. There are about 25 new textures, however, I can't add them all due to file size limit. If you are interested, I will send the texture pack or upload them to Imgur.com for you.
Here are some screenshots:

Last edited:
Top Bottom