• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mango or King?

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Who do you guys think has a better Jiggs, Mango or King? 0_0

I would have to say Mango, because he's taken out tons of top pros King hasn't.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Isn't there the exact same topic on this very page?
Hadn't you just made this topic in the Pac West forums only to get it closed immediately?
Haven't you made a bunch of topics that got closed because they are neither amusing nor constructive?
Should you refrain from making such topics in the future?
Is there more fallacy in your one sentence arguing for Mango than most others' entire posts?

The answer to all these questions is the same.

The King

Smash Ace
Might as well get this out there, because I'm tired, cynical and haven't gloated in a while.

People I've beaten in tournament sets, in no order:

Tink
Dope
Neo
Fastliketree x2
Darkrain x2
DADav3 x2
Bob$ xX
Germ xX
Zelgadis xX
DSF
Wobbles
Silentspectre xX
Luninspectra xX
Bloodofthefallen
Taj
Forward x4
Shu
Hayato
Disc
S-Royal
Silent Wolf
And a huge ****ing list of other really good people I'm not even going to mention here for lack of space.

If single-game tourney/crew battle matches count (as apparently they do to some people) I can add names like Azen, Captain Jack, HugS, PC, Isai, Wife, and a whole lot more.

I've also had close tourney sets and very nearly taken huge sets off KDJ, Mew2king, Ken, Drephen, Azen, etc. That's games off of everyone. And I'm not getting into Mango's record here, it's not my place to discuss it, and I've had too long of a day to want to restrain myself once I get going.

OH, and perhaps I didn't mention that I've beaten practically every single good ****ing smasher in the US in tourney teams matches, including guys like Ken/Isai/Chu/M2K/KDJ/everyone else in the country with the exception of chillin and azen, lol.

And I have 2 combo videos that has to count for something LOL.

King Out

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Might as well get this out there, because I'm tired, cynical and haven't gloated in a while.

Tink
Dope
Neo
Fastliketree x2
Darkrain x2
DADav3 x2
Bob$ xX
Germ xX
Zelgadis xX
DSF
Wobbles
Silentspectre xX
Luninspectra xX
Bloodofthefallen
Taj
Forward x4
Shu
Hayato
Disc
S-Royal
Silent Wolf
And a huge ****ing list of other really good people I'm not even going to mention here for lack of space.

If single-game tourney/crew battle matches count (as apparently they do to some people) I can add names like Azen, Captain Jack, HugS, PC, Isai, Wife, and a whole lot more.

I've also had close tourney sets and very nearly taken huge sets off KDJ, Mew2king, Ken, Drephen, Azen, etc. That's games off of everyone. And I'm not getting into Mango's record here, it's not my place to discuss it, and I've had too long of a day to want to restrain myself once I get going.

OH, and perhaps I didn't mention that I've beaten practically every single good ****ing smasher in the US in tourney teams matches, including guys like Ken/Isai/Chu/M2K/KDJ/everyone else in the country with the exception of chillin and azen, lol.

King Out

This is why you dont **** with the king...

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Who do you guys think has a better Jiggs, Mango or King? 0_0

I would have to say Mango, because he's taken out tons of top pros King hasn't.

Wow, this post couldn't of gotten anymore owned. This is why you gather your info before making a topic like this.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I didn't know someone made this topic already. I thought the topic got closed because it was in the wrong place.

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
King is better. People just in general feel very inclined to find a new "best" of something everytime a new guy comes around just for the sake of that new feeling. It gets pretty **** old.

Sliq

Smash Master
Whether King or Mango is the best is irrelevant, as I am the best. Let's see how much sarcasm they miss, shall we?

DippnDots

Feral Youth

Tink
Dope
Neo
Fastliketree x2
Darkrain x2
DADav3 x2
Bob$ xX
Germ xX
Zelgadis xX
DSF
Wobbles
Silentspectre xX
Luninspectra xX
Bloodofthefallen
Taj
Forward x4
Shu
Hayato
Disc
S-Royal
Silent Wolf

King Out

And he saved $500 by switching his car insurance to Geiko, I'd like to see Mango pull that ****.

Metà

Smash Master
Why are people so obsessed with who the single best player is for each character? I see dozens of threads like this in every character specific board. There's almost never an absolute answer, and even if there is, who cares? I would rather see a nice little list of top players for each character in no specific order, so myself and others can learn who the bigshots are and whose videos to watch. So, rather than saying "who's better, Mango or King?", you can say "Mango and King are both amazing Jigglypuff players".

Plus, I would be pissed off if I was one of the people being compared in a thread like this, because there's no way to prove who actually is better. I'd rather just be respected as a good player. This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if others agreed with me.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Why are people so obsessed with who the single best player is for each character? I see dozens of threads like this in every character specific board. There's almost never an absolute answer, and even if there is, who cares? I would rather see a nice little list of top players for each character in no specific order, so myself and others can learn who the bigshots are and whose videos to watch. So, rather than saying "who's better, Mango or King?", you can say "Mango and King are both amazing Jigglypuff players".

Plus, I would be pissed off if I was one of the people being compared in a thread like this, because there's no way to prove who actually is better. I'd rather just be respected as a good player. This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if others agreed with me.
ditto

I think that people need to not compare to see who is better but just say who is good. And please leave it at that.

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
King is better. People just in general feel very inclined to find a new "best" of something everytime a new guy comes around just for the sake of that new feeling. It gets pretty **** old.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Mango is great, and I actually made one of these threads a while back :embarrass, but The King has a much longer track record and has taken down many people. It could be that since Mango's new, Ken wasn't used to his style, or for all we know he could really be better. There's really no way to tell right now, and since they're both great, it doesn't really matter.

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, I know what you mean. Mango is great, and I actually made one of these threads a while back :embarrass, but The King has a much longer track record and has taken down many people. It could be that since Mango's new, Ken wasn't used to his style, or for all we know he could really be better. There's really no way to tell right now, and since they're both great, it doesn't really matter.
Thread over

The King

Smash Ace
Odds are nobody will ever know. The only people who have a good idea are myself, mango, and the few who have had the opportunity to play us both. Well I should probably scratch myself from that list, as I haven't seen enough of mango's play to really say anything =/.

The fact that I've only been to 1 tourney since last January doesn't help, either. So to answer the post above:

"Best Jiggs" = who knows for sure.
Best active jiggs = Mango, no question though.

King Out

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I see what you mean. He got 3rd at SCC in Singles, and took out Ken and Isai in Doubles. :X

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
wow king seemed pretty pissed...

I would have to say king is better through proof a video....i havent even heard of mango till now....

edit: has a j-puff player won a mlg tourney?

The King

Smash Ace
wow king seemed pretty pissed...

I would have to say king is better through proof a video....i havent even heard of mango till now....

edit: has a j-puff player won a mlg tourney?
Lmao, working 9 straight 15-hour shifts with a 2-hour commute each day can make almost anybody a little...cranky. :ohwell: No hard feelings, I just felt like expressing my case, so to speak, when I come home to find a duplicate thread that is as fallicious as it is ambiguous.

Also, I can't finish this combo video until I get off these nasty shifts, so that's kind of distracting as well.

King Out

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Wowwwww, totally replied to the wrong post.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I've never actually seen Mango play, but i hear good things.

Don't flame this thread...it provided a great forum of discussion regarding the topic.

Top Bottom