• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mango Juice: Falcon Boost POSTPONED till the end of time (first post)

Eggz

Smash Hero
if you do this june 6th, i will come down to socal and murder everyone in one night, then not attend the tournament.

dont ****ing do this on the 6th.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
No, it's not. Cactuar would **** SS beyond belief. I hate to say it but it's true.
When Tuar beat Mango, Mango was drunk.

So what, Cactuar ***** Darkrain? And? So did Lambchops. That just means Darkrain isn't as good as everyone thought, not that Cactuar is a god against Falcon. He may be, but he hasn't proved it.

No one in the game punishes harder than SS.

-Patr1ot-

Smash Rookie
lol I just watched the king of the hill where hank takes a hit and thinks he's going crazy. OH GOD MY EYES ARE BLOODSHOT I'M DOPED OUT OF MY GOURD!

joeplicate

Smash Master
make it the 13th

why would you put it in conflict with another tournament because people like JDM and julian have to study for senior year (read: worthless) finals

I hate to say it, but they're not the most dedicated of smashers.....
and it'd be a ***** move to people who are planning on going to both this and AZ

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
LMAO studying for finals in high school

****ing asians
SOMEONE'S TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL

my attempt at a lovage troll

i'm not any good at it tho

but yeah sup hypocrite

why would you put it in conflict with another tournament because people like JDM and julian have to study for senior year (read: worthless) finals

I hate to say it, but they're not the most dedicated of smashers.....
This makes sense, except..

and it'd be a ***** move to people who are planning on going to both this and AZ
If the only tournament it's conflicting with is an OUT OF STATE tournament, then it doesn't matter, especially since two people is > than one.

joeplicate

Smash Master
me AND lovage

lol

I think it's dumb to schedule it on the same day as another major (albeit out of state) tournament just because it's more convenient for a small amount of people

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
me AND lovage

lol

I think it's dumb to schedule it on the same day as another major (albeit out of state) tournament just because it's more convenient for a small amount of people
yeah but you have to realize you only think that because you're looking at it through rose-colored glasses

listen, if you're going to choose to go to an OOS tournament, it means you're setting priorities, and the OOS one is the highest. you have to accept the fact that you might miss out on another tournament (replacement cost to borrow a term from economics). you can't expect the TO to give a **** about an OOS tourny, because he's hosting the tournament for his region. you can't have your cake and eat it too.

to put it succinctly, your selfishness in this situation is making you illogical.

edit: with lovage's new avvy, every time he posts i think it's sherigami. shamefully (for lovage), after i read them i still don't know if it's sherigami or lovage

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I remember one time at this socal tourney, I sandbagged NeighborhoodP in a MM and the kid creamed his pants.

It's awesome how this kid will cream his pants and claim a MM win against me when the night prior he's was getting ***** left and right.

I think if you **** in friendlies, and sandbag in MMs... you are a badass.

joeplicate

Smash Master
In regards to this tournament, I'm probably as selfish as everybody else who's arguing about when it's being held.

"Don't hold it this day, I have to study for finals."
"Have it this day so I can go."
"I already asked for work off this day, so hold it then." (add "I work and you don't so ur dumb" for festizzio)
"Don't have it on the 6th because of tourneyplay."

I'd prefer it was on the 13th so I could go to arizona the next weekend.

The question, I think, is whether or not my john is more legit than "I have to study" because I'm a more active member in the community.

If champ is going to cater to people in the community, I think it should be the ones who frequently go to tournaments. >_>

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
yeah that's true, but in your case you're arguing for "make the tournament here so i can go to another one"

while the others are saying, "make it here so i can go to one"

Lovage

Smash Hero
Zappa

* First Appearance: Guilty Gear XX

Zappa is an unlucky young man, looking for a wife and writing in his diary about his new "disease" he has, which, from his point of view, consists of fainting and then waking up somewhere else, possibly with alarming wounds and fractures and no memory of how he got there. Like Axl in the previous game, he seeks the "Dark Doctor" Faust to cure his paranormal ailment. When entering a battle, he is unconscious, with S-Ko and the other ghosts having control of his actions. These ghosts consist of three giant centipedes, several will-o-wisp-like apparitions that manipulate a broken sword, three gray ghosts, a dark chihuahua-like dog, and a manifestation of lightning called Raou. With the exception of S-Ko (who seems to inflict the most pain to Zappa), Raou and the other apparitions seem to try their best to comfort him when he's depressed or in pain, indicating a degree of loyalty to their host. S-Ko's relationship with him still remains a mystery.

In his search for Faust, Zappa encounters several people, most of which he ends up fighting involuntarily, and later finding them unconscious. In one ending, he meets up with Ky Kiske, who arrests him for assaulting an officer (the officer being Ky himself). In his other two endings, he actually finds Faust and fights him (once again involuntarily). In one ending he defeats Faust, and then, after regaining consciousness, sees Faust injured and unconscious. At this point, it is suggested that S-Ko assumes more control over Zappa. In another ending, Zappa loses the fight with Faust, and Faust gives his diagnosis: this disease cannot be cured! He then suggests that Zappa isolates himself until a cure is found.

Top Bottom