• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making the Pit boards useful again

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Well i know that not many pit players use the pit forums but I mean who ever is managing the thread could the check the attendees on AIB or somewhere and mark down which pit players are attending. and once the tourny is over it can be confirmed which pit players came and it can be put down how they did in the tourny. I really think it would be great it is one more thing to the pit boards and i dont think many of the other character boards have this feature.
Go ahead and post whatever thread you need to bring hype back into the Pit boards. If you have a regional or national tournament coming to Arizona, post it on here so the Pits can see whether we can make it or not. Regardless if we come, it will bring more discussions and hype that we need.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
What we need are the following:

-A NEW Pit guide, showing the basics which every Pit should learn, frame data (and hit-boxes) of the moves, how to apply some of the moves (excluding fancy stuff), how to be offensive and defensive (Pit needs to know how to camp), and more.
This may not be needed as we have a Pit guide already, but I prefer to be a bit more "up-to-date" if you know what I mean.

Note: On the Pit hit-box thing, we need a new vid of those.

-A highly-detailed matchup guide which also includes general basics/strategies on how to deal with em, what special tricks, ATs (like Pika QAC), followups (this includes CGs), etc. that the opponent's character can do, CPs/Bans against that character, and vids of each matchup being played (recent ones if possible) if applicable.

-A separate Pit stage discussion, showing Pit's good and bad stages, and stages to CP/ban against certain characters, and the reasons why with details.

I have been working on Pit in doubles for a bit actually, about how good a certain character is as Pit's partner, like what we had before, except better. Hopefully we can get more stuff up with more details and more organized.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
How about a "how to play pit vs characters" moveset discussion.

Its hard to explain this but say we have a something similar to kirbykids posts on pit play styles.

The thing is we have best vid vs a certain character + discuss what moves we can do to greatly affect the match.

Example:

Squirtle

www. youtubesquirleloosevideo.com <(fake btw) dont click

2:30 he uses up smashes Oos on squirtles rising fair.

we can use Q&A's to help some that may ask

3:20 dair spacing? good? why?

Its more of an advanced video critique thread but instead of seeing how well so and so play.
It helps discuss whats good to use vs a character most pits have little to no knowledge about. I swear I was bad using anything out of shield till pierce said Up smash was great out of shield. What seemed so difficult to get by, became alot easier for something so simple. Not everyone have the same experience to learn how to fight better and always fight sucky people. So this can help?

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I actually would like a thread like the one Katana mentioned. I think that would be a great Idea for us, since it would help people that have visual learning types, as well as the reading learning types. I'd be willing to help, but I can't really post videos on the internet yet...

And I also like Kiraflax's idea of a tournament like thread. I hope that gets made as well.

And I also would like to see an up-to-date Pit guide, like Admiral Pit suggested. Hopefully the Pit boards will improve with suggestions like these.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I have thought to used the stickied guide as more of an archives of the pit boards and should have changed the title/guide itself to reflect that more. However if someone is up to taking care of the thread I would be fine with with xfering it to a reliable person, after all I can edit any post on this board if need be so giving someone else the lead would only help to speed up any updating or changes that might be needed.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
In the kowns thread, someone from a site asked for a tutor. We have a guide about pit but we have not a lot to teach. Um simpler than the video discussion but a list and discussion of useful strategies.

-Jab infinite can lead to down tilts + discuss
-Jumping off stage to hit your opponent with arrow to make fairs easier. + discuss

Do we have alot to make a thread?

I like the gifs in the guide, I want to learn how to make one for the frame data.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
If Pit's metagame is to advance we have to find a way to reliably kill Metaknight. Otherwise, Pit's game is gonna stay stagnant. The matchup is ridiculously unfavorable and with CP you guaranteed to get gimped against most decent MKs.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I have thought to used the stickied guide as more of an archives of the pit boards and should have changed the title/guide itself to reflect that more. However if someone is up to taking care of the thread I would be fine with with xfering it to a reliable person, after all I can edit any post on this board if need be so giving someone else the lead would only help to speed up any updating or changes that might be needed.
I've got a lot of time to kill, and i wouldn't mind helping organize OP of one of the semi-important threads.

1. I'm a Pit main since like a few months after brawl came out.
2. I've ran discussion threads before and usually have some kind of input.
3. I have about 2 months till i get dragged back into school, at which point w/e thread i may be in charge of can be put into someone else's hands. Really could just give a thread a face lift and get it back on track as i did with the
Link's Team Thread
It was kinda dead for a month due to no updates. And i got it back up and running in a few days. And its much more appealing in my opinion.

Anyway, that's if there's a thread that needs help that no one wants to do. If not w/e I'm completely fine with just posting.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya works for me, I checked out your Link guide and its very well done for the topic at hand. Just post in the thread so I can hand the OP over and do what you will.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Ya works for me, I checked out your Link guide and its very well done for the topic at hand. Just post in the thread so I can hand the OP over and do what you will.
Seems to me like he has a specific thread in mind.

Edit:

I was thinking of adding a catalog of your options for solid approaches and ledge play. I'm sure i would be able to come up with a bunch on my own, though i think it would be something that should be discussed because im sure there are Pit's out there that know things i don't or do things differently then me. Sound like a good idea to anyone?

Also i was thinking of doing like a a section for Current Pit players that are on SWF. Each player can write:
1. List of commonly use ATs
2. Summary of Strategies
3. Best/Worst personal match ups
4. Secondaries
5. Best/Worst stages
6. Color
Well somewhere along those lines. So we can see how the Pit community is as a individuals and as a whole. It can also be easier to see what we need to discuss more for like matchups and stages. It can also maybe spark new ideas when others read up your section. And possibly better pits Meta game as Pit players share their ideas for overall pit play instead of in fragmented discussions.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Seems to me like he has a specific thread in mind.

Edit:

I was thinking of adding a catalog of your options for solid approaches and ledge play. I'm sure i would be able to come up with a bunch on my own, though i think it would be something that should be discussed because im sure there are Pit's out there that know things i don't or do things differently then me. Sound like a good idea to anyone?

Also i was thinking of doing like a a section for Current Pit players that are on SWF. Each player can write:
1. List of commonly use ATs
2. Summary of Strategies
3. Best/Worst personal match ups
4. Secondaries
5. Best/Worst stages
6. Color
Well somewhere along those lines. So we can see how the Pit community is as a individuals and as a whole. It can also be easier to see what we need to discuss more for like matchups and stages. It can also maybe spark new ideas when others read up your section. And possibly better pits Meta game as Pit players share their ideas for overall pit play instead of in fragmented discussions.
I think this is a great idea, go for it ^__^! I can't wait to see this made. Hopefully, this will spark some discussion in the Pit boards. I can't wait till this happens! I also like the idea of the section for current Pit players on SWF. But, there's a large number of people who play as Pit. Are you only going to include some Pit players? Or ALL of them?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I think this is a great idea, go for it ^__^! I can't wait to see this made. Hopefully, this will spark some discussion in the Pit boards. I can't wait till this happens! I also like the idea of the section for current Pit players on SWF. But, there's a large number of people who play as Pit. Are you only going to include some Pit players? Or ALL of them?
It depends on who posts. Most likely include everyone. Probably alphabetize them and probably color code. Its easy to include everyone without a ton of clutter by using collapsing tabs. Also with the collapsing its easy to put pretty much anything in your section since it wont cause any chaos when contained. Anything being like Image's, Links to matches, stuff like that. However, i will most likely edit out anything i deem inappropriate.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
WIFI is a said to be a whole different always. Maybe a thread on proper strategies, reactions, and game play.

Admiral should shine here.

Pit boards shouldn't only be restricted to offline right? Pit all the way.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Well, I'm also rather limited to Wifi only. Seeing as there arnt very many players here, and most of the people i do play are just casual and i can just wreck them.

But I dont see too much difference in game play in terms of wifi. Only thing really different is that you have to know what to predict better rather then react.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I think we really could use a "Tricks with Pit" thread. Like the threads that try to get 100 or so tips.

We could also really use a laboratory-type thread. One used to study certain aspects or moves of Pit's game like Angel Ring and really explore stuff to the core.

I'd like to help out, but managing the matchup thread kinda gobbles up all of my attention. :urg:

Top Bottom