• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
This may be a horrible thing to even consider, but I had a brief and horrid flash of inspiration for a Troll Legion moveset, a SSH-style moveset featuring such prolific characters as SmashBrosMike, Hyperhopper, and the newest nominee, PPL.

I doubt I'll do it, but I just wanted to plant the seed into the minds of everyone viewing this thread. Besides, it would only be funny after we get some chronological distance from all of this (and then I can still see how most people wouldn't find it funny, unless whoever did the moveset made them horrible on purpose).

@RR51orwhatever: hi.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I think this is the first time, I've seen PPL talk in actually capitalization and commas.

RR. Welcome.

I don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but your name reminds me of PPL XD

Junahu

Smash Ace
This thread needs some festive cheer..

You better not shout,
You better not cry,
You better not pout, I’m tellin’ ya why:

HOBO SANTA’S JOINING THE BRAWL!

Hobo Santa is a hilarious moveset that just naturally fills people with glee. It certainly won't threaten the wall-of-text crowd, but that just makes it refreshingly blunt and to the point. Hobo Santa is full of Christmas spirit, both literally and metaphorically, and throws all manner of filthy baubels into his already quirky attacks.

If Hobo Santa doesn't generate at least a hearty chuckle from you, then you have no soul.
Now... if you'll excuse me, I'm off to read it again.

D

Deleted member

You better not shout,
You better not cry,
You better not pout, I’m tellin’ ya why:

HOBO SANTA’S JOINING THE BRAWL!

Hobo Santa is a hilarious moveset that just naturally fills people with glee. It certainly won't threaten the wall-of-text crowd, but that just makes it refreshingly blunt and to the point. Hobo Santa is full of Christmas spirit, both literally and metaphorically, and throws all manner of filthy baubels into his already quirky attacks.

If Hobo Santa doesn't generate at least a hearty chuckle from you, then you have no soul.
Now... if you'll excuse me, I'm off to read it again.
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUU!!

*Gives Junahu $1 million and a box of chocolates*

Akiak

Smash Ace
I hope everyone knows Warlord was kidding when he said my Electroplankton set was the worst in the contest...

De Blob!!!

I really loved this moveset from the start. The attacks are all fun and all flow together nicely, this is probably my favorite out of Baloo's. While it's not as good as Waddle Dee or peanutbutterface, it still rests an excellent set with it's colorful headers, original moves, and more.

Vote it, or die.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
I feel like a n00b right now because I have to repost a question... :( .... but it must be asked!

For my Birdon moveset, what could my headers look like? I really have no idea on how to do them.

@ PPL : Dude, that's the worst thing you eved did here. But still, your ultimate spam was really annoying too but, dude, I was considerating you like a normal MYMer, an almost non-spammer. But with what you did, you're now on mah black list, and you're a real j***. Bad-bye dude. * Steals this word from Baloo *

@ RR : Welcome to Make Your Move! Don't worry, if you don't act like PPL, you should not be attacked with all these deadly posts. Looking forward to your first moveset, and I hope for you it'll be better than my first one. So, if you wanna have an easy moveset to beat in greatness, check my Prof. Rowan, it's my first one. I hope you're gonna enjoy your stay and, for total awesomeness, read the Sandbags' movesets.

WolvenBite

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I'm WolvenBite.

I've been following this thread among others during the past 2 or 3 months and I think I will join. I know this contest is now over, but I will try to contribute in MYM5.

I hope I can make a nice moveset everyone will enjoy!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Cool, another newcomer. And your first post is in MYM too! Awesome.

Since you say you've been following this thread for a while, you probably have an idea of the standard of quality for move sets. I look fowards to seeing your first move set in MYM5 :)

WolvenBite

Smash Rookie
Well, I've actually joined to participate in this thread, mainly, because I think it's awesome to make movesets for characters who don't even stand a slight chance to get into Smash. Great idea, I think.

Also, I've read many movesets, including yours, MasterWarlord's and KingK.Rool's, and many others. I think I do have what it takes to make a moveset of that quality! Or at least I hope so.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
@ WolvenBite : Welcome to MYM! I'm glad to see we have many newcomers! I'm looking forward to see your movesets in Make Your Move 5. It's fun that your first post is here!

I wonder who will your moveset be about? Enjoy your stay! For quality movesets, look for those of one of the Sandbags, Hyper_Ridley, Spadefox and many more!

EDIT : HR, you beat me to it! :p And WB too...... :)

WolvenBite

Smash Rookie
I won't tell the character of my moveset, that'd be boring and take the surprise, wouldn't it? ;)

All I'll give is a hint - that what the moveset is about is already in Brawl, just not playable. That's all. Just let it take you by surprise.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Welcome to you, too, WolvenBite.

You seem like an interesting newcomer. Iceland, huh? Beautiful country, been there once.

I sure wonder what character you've got planned, but I'm not the one to talk, considering how I've got a few secret 'sets myself, lol

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Hi Wolvernbite (awesome username btw) and welcome to this MYM, while it's unforturnate for you to join at this stage of the contest, but at least you're here none-of-the-less! You'll probably have already been given advice and for moveset creators to look out for, but I know i'm a git or a sod, but if you want, my best sets I've done is AOSTH Robotnik and Undead Hero, both favoured by different people, so there is no real "best" set from me!

Also, do you have Wi-fi? As I'm preparing an not-tornament Brawl-a-thon on the 6th, the latest person to say they wanted to join was Tornadith (who I have added below), and was wondering if you would join as well!

Remember to add everyone if you do want to participate, or else this will not go according to plan!

~~Brought to you by Dancingfrogman~~​

~~Presents~~​

~~Make your move Brawl-a-thon~~​

~~Date from Friday March the 6th - Saturday the 7th~~​

~~21:00 pm (GMT) to whenever~~
~~13:00pm (pacific)~~
~~16:00pm (EST) ~~
~~http://www.timezoneconverter.com/ if you're in a different Time Zone~~​

~~Well, this will be an ONLINE brawl, so if you unfortantly don't have wifi, bad luck to you. This is to represent our time in MYM4.~~​

~~If you want to join in, please Vm me with your friend code, and I'll add you to the list below, which has the MYMers FC:~~​

MYM Roster

Chief Mendez: 4210-4038-0279 (HMD) ???
cheap_josh: 5112-3159-0491 (CJOSH)
MasterWarlord: 3566-3020-3547 (MW)
SirKibble: 3093-7424-7335 (SRKBL)
TWILTHERO: 1504-5461-0645 (TWILT)
TheSundanceKid: 0258-9965-2123 (L)
darkserenade: 0473-7450-3610 (DASE)
dancingfrogman: 4468-2422-3562 (DFROG)
agidius: 2406-4931-6532 (AGI)
Hyper_Ridley: 3780-8678-9309 (HR)
KingK.Rool: 1246-8413-4012 (KINGK)
Jimnymebob: 0302-1240-6623 (JIMNY)
Chris Lionheart: 2922-3469-8432 (LION)
Baloo: 5370-2507-8442 (BALOO)
Smash Daddy: 3609-3986-8451 (Smady)
princesspeachluver13: 2149-1683-7112 (CHRIS)
PKSkyler: 5241-1676-7828 (~SKY~)
Twilight-Emblem: 0344-8964-0463 (Unknown)
kitsuneko345: 4553-9891-6500 (Unknown)
Mardyke: 3652-2064-2198 (unknown)
Tornadith: 4382-1646-1210 (Unknown)
The Trophy Master: 4210-7726-7683 (TTM)

You probably noticed that some of the people here are not here at present, and if they don't appear, just don't add them!

~~Okay, this isn't a tornament of anything, so this is just for the fun! If they are too many people in one group, just host another, as you should've added everyones FC!~~​

*Credit goes to Sirkibble and the list he keeps up in the MYM Social Group.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
Hi Wolvernbite (awesome username btw) and welcome to this MYM, while it's unforturnate for you to join at this stage of the contest, but at least you're here none-of-the-less! You'll probably have already been given advice and for moveset creators to look out for, but I know i'm a git or a sod, but if you want, my best sets I've done is AOSTH Robotnik and Undead Hero, both favoured by different people, so there is no real "best" set from me!

Also, do you have Wi-fi? As I'm preparing an not-tornament Brawl-a-thon on the 6th, the latest person to say they wanted to join was Tornadith (who I have added below), and was wondering if you would join as well!

Remember to add everyone if you do want to participate, or else this will not go according to plan!

~~Brought to you by Dancingfrogman~~​

~~Presents~~​

~~Make your move Brawl-a-thon~~​

~~Date from Friday March the 6th - Saturday the 7th~~​

~~21:00 pm (GMT) to whenever~~
~~13:00pm (pacific)~~
~~16:00pm (EST) ~~
~~http://www.timezoneconverter.com/ if you're in a different Time Zone~~​

~~Well, this will be an ONLINE brawl, so if you unfortantly don't have wifi, bad luck to you. This is to represent our time in MYM4.~~​

~~If you want to join in, please Vm me with your friend code, and I'll add you to the list below, which has the MYMers FC:~~​

MYM Roster

Chief Mendez: 4210-4038-0279 (HMD)
cheap_josh: 5112-3159-0491 (CJOSH)
MasterWarlord: 3566-3020-3547 (MW)
SirKibble: 3093-7424-7335 (SRKBL)
TWILTHERO: 1504-5461-0645 (TWILT)
TheSundanceKid: 0258-9965-2123 (L)
darkserenade: 0473-7450-3610 (DASE)
dancingfrogman: 4468-2422-3562 (DFROG)
agidius: 2406-4931-6532 (AGI)
Hyper_Ridley: 3780-8678-9309 (HR)
KingK.Rool: 1246-8413-4012 (KINGK)
Jimnymebob: 0302-1240-6623 (JIMNY)
Chris Lionheart: 2922-3469-8432 (LION)
Baloo: 5370-2507-8442 (BALOO)
Smash Daddy: 3609-3986-8451 (Smady)
princesspeachluver13: 2149-1683-7112 (CHRIS)
PKSkyler: 5241-1676-7828 (~SKY~)
Twilight-Emblem: 0344-8964-0463 (Unknown)
kitsuneko345: 4553-9891-6500 (Unknown)
Mardyke: 365202064-2198 (unknown)
Tornadith: 4382-1646-1210 (Unknown)
The Trophy Master: 4210-7726-7683 (TTM)

You probably noticed that some of the people here are not here at present, and if they don't appear, just don't add them!

~~Okay, this isn't a tornament of anything, so this is just for the fun! If they are too many people in one group, just host another, as you should've added everyones FC!~~​

*Credit goes to Sirkibble and the list he keeps up in the MYM Social Group.
I think, you should remove PPL, I'm not so sure he'll come :p

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Welcome to Rainbow and Wolven! I guess joining at this time, all there really is to do is watch the madness unfold. That, or you could always work on a moveset for MYM5! :bee:

WolvenBite

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I own no Wii, I've only played Brawl at my cousin's. I only have a GameCube and Melee at home. I wish I could join, but I digress.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I hope I can fit myself in!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
RainbowRoader15 is PrincessPeachLuver13​

-Both of them are 15 years old
-Both of them main Peach
-Both of them have a fetish over a Mario chick
-Both of them are obessessed with Organization 13 and want to make movesets for OC members of it
-Requested a purple sig
-Advertised for Vexen
-Both of them have identical typing styles with no capitals whatsoever
-RainbowRoader showed up the moment PPL left with his first post
-RainbowRoader PMed Spadefox asking how to not bug him
-Blatantly obviously tries to show he's not PPL whenever asked

It's blatantly obvious. I don't know how you guys CAN'T regognize it's PPL. Stop humoring him guys, it's over, just as quickly as it started.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
So, Princesspeachluver, you might have fooled some of us here, but you can't fool everyone.

Seriously though, if you really wanted to act like someone different, why did you make it so painfully obvious it was YOU!? Bad grammar, one liners, and yes, all the old crap PPL did!

LOLChillinz

DetectiveWarlord, Detectivefox, DetectiveDawgfood and DetectiveFrogman are on to you!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
*facepalms* I'm so glad I stayed out of this... [/lurker]

& If you haven't voted on the MYM Awards yet....

JUST DO IT.
or I'll send detectivefrogman, detectivedawgfood, detectivespadefox & detectivewarlord to find out your darkest secrets
:p

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.
I'm not exactly new to Smashboards, but I have been lurking for a while, so I decided to finally make an account. I visit MYM the most out of all the threads here, and I've thought of quite a few half-baked movesets. The trouble is, I'm a terrible procrastinator and a perfectionist. I just thought I'd say hello, even though I can't submit any more to MYM 4. I hope I will stop being lazy and do something ( or multiple things ) in MYM 5. This might be a bad time to make my first post, but I figured I might as well get my name out there. Any tips? I've read most of the pages here, so I'm pretty well-off, I guess.

* proceeds to lurk

moar *

Baloo

Smash Ace
All these new comers after PPL leaves...

Not saying you are all PPL, but I'm just saying that it's a funny coincidence.

Yay, de Blob advertisement.

And welcome.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Hey guys.
I'm not exactly new to Smashboards, but I have been lurking for a while, so I decided to finally make an account. I visit MYM the most out of all the threads here, and I've thought of quite a few half-baked movesets. The trouble is, I'm a terrible procrastinator and a perfectionist. I just thought I'd say hello, even though I can't submit any more to MYM 4. I hope I will stop being lazy and do something ( or multiple things ) in MYM 5. This might be a bad time to make my first post, but I figured I might as well get my name out there. Any tips? I've read most of the pages here, so I'm pretty well-off, I guess.

* proceeds to lurk

moar *
A lovely amount of newcomers today....

Tip (one that I should follow myself, because you sound like me): Just start! It's good to get the creative juices flowing early.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I most definitely am NOT PPL.
I still look like a noob, though.
I prefer newbie, because I try not to be a n00b anywhere on the internet.

* waits for response to post again *

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Hehehe, 2 newcomers (not including fakey fake) in one day? This is note wrothy!

Hey Plorf, and welcome to MYM and smashboards, from your post, it would seem that you've been around for a while, so hopefully you've picked up on some tips from what you've read already, and I'm guessing you've seen some good sets already.

What I suggest is look back to the start of the Advertisement period, as you'll see some amazing sets, and try to match the level of originality and detail when you do go and start a moveset.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I think I've seen... just about all of the movesets, actually, at least in this contest. But thanks anyway.
I have some pretty detailed moves, I suppose, but some of them desperately lack originality or are completely broken. I also am awful with damage percents, as I haven't yet thought of a moveset with specific percentages.

On a side note, I don't have Brawl at home, so I can't do much directly involving that. I can only play if I go to someone else's house, but that's irrelevant. I guess what I'm saying is that I personally think that I'm really creative, and since I don't have the game at home, I occupy that time with imagining new concepts.
Or something.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I'll go into general percentages:

Tilts: 6% (faster) - 13% (slower moves)

Smashes (uncharged): 14% (fast) - 24% (very slow)

Add 5 or 6% for a fully charged smash

Aerials: 9% (fast) - 16% (slow)

Throws: 5% - 11%

obviously, there are much more factors to think about, such as range, lag, knockback, Knockback direction, sweetspots, numerous hit-box descriptions, changings (as in, the properties moves have might change by things {like by a special mechanic}) and compared to other moves that it got. That's how I see it!

Baloo

Smash Ace
Damage percents?

Jabs can be like 2, 2, 3?

Dash could be 5 to 7

tilts can be 7-12

smashes should be around 13-20

aerials can be pretty much anything from 5-20

Specials are whatever.

Pummels are 1-4, but 4 is probably only if really laggy.

Throws should be around 6-11

EDIT: DFM beat me. :p

Akiak

Smash Ace
Detective Frogman, looks like you have competition!

Wolfenbite and Plorf, you seem to be a great newcomers. I see you two know how to recognize a good set *coughelectroplanktoncough*

I should have done the same when I joined, looking at other sets before making my own, instead my first post in MYM 3 was a "magnificent" Goomba set.

Has anyone advertised Black Doom?

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
The problem is, I don't know where to start. I suppose I should post the ones that I've done the most on...
It's so cool seeing all these people greet me! :bee:
I can't say I didn't expect it, but still.

I hope I actually end up posting movesets.
* lazy *

Oh, and thanks for the damage percents!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
While I'm against previews normally (this would be a sort off preview if you show moves for a WIP moveset), it seems like you're hungry for help, and we will truthly suggest what could be added, changed or improved on with the moves!

And when you say "don't know where to start", do you mean the moveset itself? or more specficly the individual moves?

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
I know for a fact that a lot of my moves are not how I'd like them to be. I generally don't like being helped, but I'll gladly accept advice and specific tips on different movesets.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Taunt4: Does some kind of action or gestuer
That Meowth moveset is win.

Plorf here's a link to the Stadium....

Oops! My new comp doesn't have the page bookmarked anymore...
Anyway I'd love to see a set by someone based entirely on creativity and not on Brawl! Big results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom