• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Capsule J2 is the REAL move set. Capsule J was a repost edit., J2 was a repost of the original, and Twinbee was another edit.

See people! Look! Now reposts are getting mixed up with the real things! Stop with the reposts!
Oh..kay...so I'll take them all off...geeze...guys, it took me FOREVER to double check all 700 pages...can you stop reposting sets and confusing me? PLEEAAASE?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
What is a MYMer? A miserable little pile of spam!

On topic: So, I'm working on my Bass and Treble move set for MYM5 a little. So far it's coming along great! Definitley one of my better ones, if I do say so myself.

Junahu

Smash Ace
JUNAHU! Is Team Rocket gonna be done by the end of MYM 4? I badly want to see that one.
Almost cetainly not. I'm taking this as slow as I can, as I want it to be the greatest moveset in existance. Below are a few notes I've made (extremely rough notes);

It's going to be a double moveset. They can spawn their own pokeballs (one at a time, and the pokemon inside is determined by how much they shake the ball while spawning it)

Team Rocket will have a 10% resistance to horizontal knockback, but a 15% weakness to vertical knockback. If they leave the top of the screen, they will always be Star-KO'd

Meowth will tag along, Ice climber style. He has his own moveset but cannot shield/dodge. Meowth is also slower at moving around, so desyncing is easy.. too easy.

Jame's Dash attack will involve him riding a 3 person Tandem bike (which shares many properties with Wario's bike). If James starts while next to Meowth, he'll pitch in and help the bike go faster. But if the bike collides with Meowth after it starts moving, they'll both end up in a broken heap. Mashing A will make James(& Meowth if applicable) pedal the bike, the move ends if they ever run out of momentum or try to change direction. When the move ends the bike will lie on the ground like Wario's and can be picked up/destroyed as such

Jessie's Dash attack will be her trying to scoop something off the ground. The move is useless unless she gets her hands on a pokemon (Meowth counts, as does enemy pokemon and pokemon characters. She cannot pick up Pokemon bigger than herself). If she gets one she will continue to charge foreward while the pokemon attacks as usual (Enemy pokemon will target and damage Jessie, but won't interrupt the move). She can end the attack early, by either throwing the pokemon, or by putting them into a pokeball. Once in a pokeball, Jessie can throw it like any other pokeball, but enemy pokemon will still be enemy pokemon. Just putting them in a pokeball won't change their allegiance

Tornadith said:
Hey! I loved that part in Sonic Adventure where you ride on the snowboard. That was really fun and the music was awesome!

Also: Will Viola be done for MYM4? .
I was referring more to that part in Sonic the Hedgehog (XBOX360/PS3)

Viola will be done in time. I'm making sure of it..

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
I know what you're going to do for the taunts. *grins*

Losing Pose: Jesse and James fly off into the distance yelling: "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off agaaaaaaain!" and then they disappear.

Taunt/Opening Pose: Prepare for trouble! And make it double! ...I could go on, but I won't.

Baloo

Smash Ace
To protect the world from devastation!
To unite all peoples within our nation!
To denounce the evils of truth and love!
To extend our reach to the stars above!
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket, blasting off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth! That's right!

I think I got that right.

Used to love that show. :p

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
OMG people remember Enker?

Wheeeee!
Hell, I super voted Enker! Of course I remember him! :bee:

Almost cetainly not. I'm taking this as slow as I can, as I want it to be the greatest moveset in existance. Below are a few notes I've made (extremely rough notes)
Ah, well. Good to hear you're putting a lot into it, though, that looks fascinating so far. I guess I'll have to be content with Viola for now.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Prepare for trouble!
And make it double!
To protect the world from devestation!
To unite all peoples within our nation!
To denouce the evils of truth and love!
To extend our reach to the stars above!
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

...Or you could do their crappy new motto, but I don't know that one. And you have to have some of their variations in--you know, where they changed the lines depending on the situation they were in.

EDIT: Dangit, Baloo. T_T

Baloo

Smash Ace
spamzorz

Someone needs to post a moveset though, or a preview or a BBQ chapter. Pleeaase?

And at least I'm not the only one who still knows the Rocket Motto. :p

Junahu

Smash Ace
I know what you're going to do for the taunts. *grins*

Losing Pose: Jesse and James fly off into the distance yelling: "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off agaaaaaaain!" and then they disappear.

Taunt/Opening Pose: Prepare for trouble! And make it double! ...I could go on, but I won't.
The entrance pose will actually be them sliding in slowely from the left, like enemy trainers do in the Pokemon games.

The motto(s) will be a hidden easter-egg that appears if you hold the transform button (down-B) down. Alternate costumes wield alternate mottos.

by popular demand

On the wind
Past the stars
In your ears
Moving foreward at a breakneck pace
Dashing hope putting fear in its place
A rose by any other name smells just as sweet
When everything's worse our work is complete
Jessie
James
Meowth, now that's a name
Putting the do-gooders in their place
We're Team Rocket
In your face!

Wobuffet! Mime Mime!

And that's all you're getting out of me for now.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
You know, it's fun to have conversations, but the chatroom was made to eliminate any spam in this thread, you do know Mods have came in before about the spam level right?

http://xat.com/chat/room/47384259/ Please keep the "Socializing" in there, as spam already bulks this thread quite a bit.

I'm surprised that we haven't had spam infractions yet? And also previews are not good unless you actually want help with the move, but "I'll show you this move cuz I can" will make me less hyped up for a set, and won't enjoy it as much.

I really want a "No Previews unless you want help" Policy, I know i've done this, but look, I'm not going to show a preview of any of Diasters moves, I know they make people less hyped up for the set if you do.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Do You Hear The Creaking Of Branches, The Howling Of Wolves?
Of course you do... *shoots*

Anyway for Paint Roller I was thinking. There's a painting mechanic where you paint with the control stick on the canvas. The thing is, it might end up becoming useless. In the end you can easily be hit to interrupt the painting. Any way to fix that? Should I make the paintings effects stronger and more rewarding?

It's just that I feel PR will never have time to paint in the middle of a Brawl...

Baloo

Smash Ace
I already made a paint themed moveset, de Blob. He charges up paint points, and when he has more, he is more powerful and more heavy. When he has less, he is faster and falls less quickly. If you wanted to integrate a mechanic involving having a certain amount of paint, it could work.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Some movesets still are overshadowed by spam...
Actually, I find that most movesets that get ignored are those of newcomers when people don't bother to look at them at all.

Team Rocket will have a 10% resistance to horizontal knockback, but a 15% weakness to vertical knockback. If they leave the top of the screen, they will always be Star-KO'd
:bee:

Anyway for Paint Roller I was thinking. There's a painting mechanic where you paint with the control stick on the canvas. The thing is, it might end up becoming useless. In the end you can easily be hit to interrupt the painting. Any way to fix that? Should I make the paintings effects stronger and more rewarding?

It's just that I feel PR will never have time to paint in the middle of a Brawl...
From what I know of Paint Roller...what if you just make the painting automatic while pressing a button? Painting on a canvas seems rather superfluous IMO....

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Do You Hear The Creaking Of Branches, The Howling Of Wolves?
STILL the most awesome opening line in a moveset. :bee:

You know, it's fun to have conversations, but the chatroom was made to eliminate any spam in this thread, you do know Mods have came in before about the spam level right?
What spam? I see no spam. I see discussion of Team Rocket and their mottos, which is going to be a moveset, which is therefore on-topic. Why shut this place down completely?

..And again, the mods only came in here back in MYM 3, when there were PAGES ON END OF OBAMA/FANBOYISM/MUSIC DISCUSSION. That's obviously not the case here. I think everyone's overexaggerating this point.

Also, the chatroom was actually made because it's a handier way of setting up and talking during Brawls. Not necessarily to eliminate everything that isn't movesets and comments on movesets.

Junahu

Smash Ace

Let Paint Roller paint on the screen, rather than a canvas. This will let him fly around while painting a huge picture. He should still be able to be interrupted, and he'll have to have a limited supply of paint.
But you can make all kinds of cool attacks if he draws directly on the screen (e.g. draw a circle around an enemy to trap them in a bubble, draw an arrow and it'll fire in the direction you drew it). Plus it works as a recovery

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
What spam? I see no spam. I see discussion of Team Rocket and their mottos, which is going to be a moveset, which is therefore on-topic. Why shut this place down completely?

..And again, the mods only came in here back in MYM 3, when there were PAGES ON END OF OBAMA/FANBOYISM/MUSIC DISCUSSION. That's obviously not the case here. I think everyone's overexaggerating this point.

Also, the chatroom was actually made because it's a handier way of setting up and talking during Brawls. Not necessarily to eliminate everything that isn't movesets and comments on movesets.
I was talking about the one liners, I knew Team Rocket was going to be done. And countering spam with more spam such as the "whats a man..." posts, there was no need.

and at number 3, it helps to eliminate spam, and I knew that the Chatroom wasn't it's purpose. Also, the chatroom is hardly discussed for brawls, I think we need to point that out more (besides for those non-wifi people).

Comments on Movesets or questions about relevant characters
posting movesets
issues with MYM
future plans on movesets
debates on what people think is more important (like the special mechanics debate we had)

is what I think at a simplified account on what the content that posts should have in it.

Also, I think the preview issue is more important, TBH.

Scyphozoa

Smash Cadet
*facepalms, headdesks, and has a spasm all at the same time*
you have GOT to watch more anime than just code lyoko.
ever heard of death note?
BLASPHEMY! CODE LYOKO IS THE ANIME!

...and I've heard about Death Note before. Some of my friends watch it.

@Scypho: L is one of the main characters from Death Note, a particularly good (in my opinion) anime. He's the... ant... no, the pro... hmm.... he's the "good guy," but the main character is the "bad guy," so I'm not sure whether he'd be considered the Protagonist or the Antagonist. He's a genius detective of sorts, who doesn't normally show his face, and never uses his real name. I'm not the best person for describing this stuff; someone else might do a better job, or you might be able to look up the anime/character on Wikipedia, if you're interested enough. Or, if you have some time on your hands, you can find the full anime online. <.<
Sounds cool, thanks for the information.

Cool that you think he's an idiot because he doesn't watch every anime.
:bee: Aptly put, Spade.

I have my post count on 40 by default, so all this repeat moveset posting is like pain to the face. But, considering MYM4 is winding down now, this level of spam is about par with that of MYM3.0

that sounds really familiar.

Sonic? Link?
There was only one level in Twilight Princess in which Link snowboards. I take it that the game Peli is talking about features a whole slew of snowboarding levels. Plus, Link's was against a yeti. A YETI. That's better than any Bomberman game.

Capsule J2 is the REAL move set. Capsule J was a repost edit., J2 was a repost of the original, and Twinbee was another edit.

See people! Look! Now reposts are getting mixed up with the real things! Stop with the reposts!
I, for one, find this hilarious.

Almost cetainly not. I'm taking this as slow as I can, as I want it to be the greatest moveset in existance. Below are a few notes I've made (extremely rough notes);

It's going to be a double moveset. They can spawn their own pokeballs (one at a time, and the pokemon inside is determined by how much they shake the ball while spawning it)

Meowth will tag along, Ice climber style. He has his own moveset but cannot shield/dodge. Meowth is also slower at moving around, so desyncing is easy.. too easy.

Jame's Dash attack will involve him riding a 3 person Tandem bike (which shares many properties with Wario's bike). If James starts while next to Meowth, he'll pitch in and help the bike go faster. But if the bike collides with Meowth after it starts moving, they'll both end up in a broken heap. Mashing A will make James(& Meowth if applicable) pedal the bike, the move ends if they ever run out of momentum or try to change direction. When the move ends the bike will lie on the ground like Wario's and can be picked up/destroyed as such

Jessie's Dash attack will be her trying to scoop something off the ground. The move is useless unless she gets her hands on a pokemon (Meowth counts, as does enemy pokemon and pokemon characters. She cannot pick up Pokemon bigger than herself). If she gets one she will continue to charge foreward while the pokemon attacks as usual (Enemy pokemon will target and damage Jessie, but won't interrupt the move). She can end the attack early, by either throwing the pokemon, or by putting them into a pokeball. Once in a pokeball, Jessie can throw it like any other pokeball, but enemy pokemon will still be enemy pokemon. Just putting them in a pokeball won't change their allegiance
That's the greatest thing ever. I'm HIGHLY looking forward to this.

The entrance pose will actually be them sliding in slowely from the left, like enemy trainers do in the Pokemon games.

The motto(s) will be a hidden easter-egg that appears if you hold the transform button (down-B) down. Alternate costumes wield alternate mottos.

by popular demand

On the wind
Past the stars
In your ears
Moving foreward at a breakneck pace
Dashing hope putting fear in its place
A rose by any other name smells just as sweet
When everything's worse our work is complete
Jessie
James
Meowth, now that's a name
Putting the do-gooders in their place
We're Team Rocket
In your face!

Wobuffet! Mime Mime!

And that's all you're getting out of me for now.
That's the greatest thing ever. I'm HIGHLY looking forward to this.

I was looking on the stadium, and the two best movesets, IMO, are Deoxys and Eddie the Head. Electrode is third.

There goes the siren that warns of the air raid
Then comes the sound of the guns sending flak
Out for the scramble we've got to get airborne
Got to get up for the coming attack.

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high!

...Porygon is coming along nicely, as well as Latios and Latias.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I was talking about the one liners, I knew Team Rocket was going to be done. And countering spam with more spam such as the "whats a man..." posts, there was no need.

and at number 3, it helps to eliminate spam, and I knew that the Chatroom wasn't it's purpose. Also, the chatroom is hardly discussed for brawls, I think we need to point that out more.

Comments on Movesets or questions about relevant characters
posting movesets
issues with MYM
future plans on movesets
debates on what people think is more important (like the special mechanics debate we had)

is what I think at a simplified account on what the content that posts should have in it.

Also, I think the preview issue is more important, TBH.
Yeah, okay, one liners are indeed very annoying, but still... we've taken great steps towards not spamming and I don't think it's a huge deal if a few people tend to post insubstantial posts now and then. I personally wouldn't want to see MYM reduced to the five things you have there; how dull would that be?

And what about the people who don't have chat access? Are they to be locked out of any actual, y'know, socializing?

And yeah, I've already made my thoughts clear on previews in general. Although it's not happening quite as often nowadays, I think.

Scy: :bee:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Yeah, okay, one liners are indeed very annoying, but still... we've taken great steps towards not spamming and I don't think it's a huge deal if a few people tend to post insubstantial posts now and then. I personally wouldn't want to see MYM reduced to the five things you have there; how dull would that be?

And what about the people who don't have chat access? Are they to be locked out of any actual, y'know, socializing?

And yeah, I've already made my thoughts clear on previews in general. Although it's not happening quite as often nowadays, I think.

Scy: :bee:
1. Yeah, I agree we have much, MUCH less spam than MYM3, but it just irks to me. And I said simplidfied, obviously not the content as in we are talking now (maybe I was too limited in what I said :/)

2. Maybe, but didn't we have the social group to kind've have more convo like place, but nobody uses that. Maybe if people say stuff that is kind off irrelevant not as the main post? Why am I saying this, I do this all the time? I contradicted myself big time.Socialising with random people on the internet is actually quite fun

3. Maybe it's because I haven't posted like 8 moves for my character this time round :laugh:, oh, and Sparkz hasn't been seen since a little bit after Chemistry man. I understand that I post too much, and I clearly know that I shouldn't, but MYM is a place that you feel like you can go out-of-discussion mode, as this community is so calm.

4. I'm saying this for fun, do you really want a Golden Magikarp slapped around your face again?

/MassiveHypocrite

majora_787

Smash Hero
Off topic: I had a friend go write me a page for the MYM wiki. I hope he did a good job....

Back to the thread...I decided to retire for this round. I don't have TIME to fit another moveset in. So that means ReDead, Mihael, and Cacturne will have to wait for next round.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
The Bomberman Hero-based moveset is coming along nicely (in my head). In fact, it's painfully intriguing to work with. Kind of like Top Man meets New Goblin, because I don't have a WHOLE lot to work with character-wise, and the actual attacks from the game need a lot of modification to fit in Smash.

I actually LIKE these challenges though, rather than having a whole lot to work with in a character and trying to fit it all in.

EDIT: Who's Cacturne? Is it like, an undead progeny of Cactaur and Mr. Saturn? No? IT SHOULD BE.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The Bomberman Hero-based moveset is coming along nicely (in my head). In fact, it's painfully intriguing to work with. Kind of like Top Man meets New Goblin, because I don't have a WHOLE lot to work with character-wise, and the actual attacks from the game need a lot of modification to fit in Smash.

I actually LIKE these challenges though, rather than having a whole lot to work with in a character and trying to fit it all in.

EDIT: Who's Cacturne? Is it like, an undead progeny of Cactaur and Mr. Saturn? No? IT SHOULD BE.
.....It would have been ONE thing if you didn't know who Mello was....but you don't know who CACTURNE is?? Go pick up a Pokemon game some time, they're not that bad.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
He's a Dark and Grass Pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire. Although that abomination against God amazing creature you mentioned is intriguing... someone make him. <.<

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Ripper Roo preview=

Down Special – Firework Show – Ripper Roo returns on his cane to the exact location he left from. As he reaches the playing field, he sets off a powerful Bomb. This particular Bomb’s blast radius is about that of a Smart Bomb explosion, but it reaches that size instantly, and lasts for about a second. Players caught in the blast receive no knockback at all, but will rapidly accumulate damage, similar to the effect of Olimar’s Final Smash. The maximum damage an opponent can accumulate from this attack is 25%, if they are in the blast for its entire duration. During the explosion, Ripper Roo will remain on his cane, and is able to be hit and damaged as normal. When the explosion finishes, Ripper Roo falls off the cane quickly, and everything continues as normal.
[Up to 25%]

:laugh:

majora_787

Smash Hero
He's a Dark and Grass Pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire. Although that abomination against God amazing creature you mentioned is intriguing... someone make him. <.<
I would volunteer, but I don't know much about Cactaurs OR Mr. Saturns. :laugh:

But if nobody wants to, I guess I'll try regardless.

EDIT: Lookatthat, Baloo wants to. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom