• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Meadow:
Wut! You're making a Mario spin-off moveset?! NOOOOOO!!! D:

That was my idea for Waluigi in MYM5... ;-;

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! Being a Golden Sun fan, I'm already planning Isaac for my first moveset. If there's a resident Golden Sun fanatic, I'd like to know, might run some things by him/her or ask for suggestions.

Sundance, I'm really looking forward to L, I'm an avid Deathnote fan. From what I've seen in previews, it's going to be good.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thanks! Being a Golden Sun fan, I'm already planning Isaac for my first moveset. If there's a resident Golden Sun fanatic, I'd like to know, might run some things by him/her or ask for suggestions.
Isaac has already been submitted in this contest, and it was pretty good too. You'd better be off with a lesser known character - one guy has Mia planned.
Maybe go with the Lost Age-cast, that'd probably be better.

As far as "fanatic" goes... I like the series and played both games, so you can contact me.

Oh, and welcome.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Ummm... lots of catch-up, eh? Well, lesse...

Hades: Looks pretty good, if not quite as compelling as Ken (that's pretty hard to do). I'm lovin' the crouch. It had BETTER be a reference to what I think it be a reference to....

I gotta admit, I didn't get around to reading Wiz or Klavier. Wiz in particular looks cool, because, y'know, it's a Kirby character and it's Kholdstare and he asked me to comment so nicely, but I just haven't had the strength. I will get to that, though. I'm getting better. :bee:

Spade: ME? *blushes*

Thanks, though. I always thought Squeak Squad was underrated, since it wasn't really commented on, but somehow it ended up in the Top 10, so I guess not.

Meadow: Beastly move right there. I look forward to the rest of the moveset. And you may not be very active, but I'd definitely consider you a regular.

Salvo Fenris: Welcome to MYM! I think a lot of us here got started the same way as you. I know I didn't think I'd ever to be contributing my own movesets, but what can I say - it's addictive. :bee:

Baloo: That right there is the best Starman EVER. Hi-Jump, YESSSS!

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Meh, Isaac was just my favorite, but pretty much everything I've planned would work for Felix as well. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to do one of my favorite games for my first, since I probably wouldn't do it justice, but I figure I have more of a drive to actually try hard that way.

Thanks for the advice! Don't take this the wrong way, but I think I'm going to try particularly hard not to piss you off... like I said, I've been lurking for a bit. As long as I don't get you mad, I think I'm okay. <.<

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm not mad. Although, well, I'm a jerk 99% of the time (1% when having a shower... yes, I'm a jerk in sleep, too), so I guess that's why it sounded a bit harsh.

You seem like a kewl dood, so don't worry. You lurking is a very good thing, makes things less complicated and you know about how the thread's running. As you probably know, then, I'm the thread's biting rabid guard dog. So... yea. You maybe should check out a moveset of mine or two, since I think I haven't posted anything since Shine & Bright. So that's that. Welcome again.

As for GS...
You could do him, just make him different to the already contributed Isaac. That's the only thing you have to make sure.

Felix would be cool, but I'd love you if you made Jenna. She's my favourite character in the series.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
@Spadefox : I'm sorry about that, Spadefox...but, I suppose great minds think alike, and I'm glad someone thinks the same way as me. With your imagination however, I'm sure that you'll make your version of the move better than mine, mine still needs some revisions/edits/improvements...I wish you good luck with Waluigi! Although he's not my favorite character in the series, I enjoy his personality very much, from all of the evil-scheming to his downright clumsiness. I enjoy any well-made Mario moveset, seeing as it is the series I am most familiar with. And no, I don't think you're a jerk, Spade...but I guess I can't say that, seeing as I don't know what else you've posted...bleh, I'm just making things worse, aren't I? Edit : I suppose I can take out Sporty Wardrobe and substitute it for another attack...[Wonder Flower?]. Sorry if I stole any more of your ideas from you by accident...> <'

@King K. Rool : Thanks again for the compliments. I really should go and read some of the other movesets here, I doubt I would be disappointed by yours. I can't wait to finish up Daisy either, I've been feeling a bit more motivated now now that I've got some of the bulk done of Daisy's moveset. It'll only be a couple more hours when I'm done, hopefully. And thanks for thinking I'm a regular, but I certainly don't think so. My definition of a regular is someone who posts/visits frequently, keeps up with the thread daily, and contributes every once in a while to the massive amount of lettering in this thread. I see that you (And most of the other Sandbags) fulfill those requirements, while I only fulfill maybe only one of them.

Thanks for any other comments that may soon arrive, and good luck with all of your movesets, anyone and everyone!

Edit x2 :

@Tornadith : Oh, no, I'm not leaving, I just won't post on the thread for a couple days / a week most likely, so I just wanted to say a quick good-bye. My next post will most likely be Daisy herself.

@Baloo : Thanks. It seems that the Toad Brigade is coming up nicely, although I have a feeling that Yellow Toad's [almost] entire moveset is a joke moveset, or maybe I just don't sense sarcasm well... Edit x3 : Ah, my mistake. Yellow Toad will sure seem like an annoying little bugger to fight! I can't wait to see how you're going to implement Magenta/Purple/Pink Toad, or Mailtoad, as he's more widely known as. Tossing letters? Mailbag Whack? He/She'll be my first one to read. ^^ I wish you good luck as well!~

@Spadefox (Again) : Oh, an entire spin-off related moveset for Waluigi? I won't be doing that, it's only the Sporty Wardrobe that has all of the spin-off Sport games in it. I'm planning to create flower-based moves for Daisy, such as Sunflowers (Already implemented), Buttercups, Lilies, and of course, Daisies. Good luck with it, I'm sure it'll seem interesting, and it just might get a Super Vote from me~! Like I said before, I *love* any and all Mario movesets, unless they're very poorly written.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Daisy looks great, I'm looking forward to her.

TOAD UPDATE:

You know how when most characters trip they scream "SAKURAI!!!"

Not Yellow Toad!

He has a whole set of Tripped attacks, only missing specials, and obviously, aerials. He can trip whenever he wants, and even move while tripped.

Take that, Sakurai.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Spadefox : I'm sorry about that, Spadefox...but, I suppose great minds think alike, and I'm glad someone thinks the same way as me. With your imagination however, I'm sure that you'll make your version of the move better than mine, mine still needs some revisions/edits/improvements...I wish you good luck with Waluigi! Although he's not my favorite character in the series, I enjoy his personality very much, from all of the evil-scheming to his downright clumsiness. I enjoy any well-made Mario moveset, seeing as it is the series I am most familiar with. And no, I don't think you're a jerk, Spade...but I guess I can't say that, seeing as I don't know what else you've posted...bleh, I'm just making things worse, aren't I?
Not exactly that move, but I was thinking of a moveset solely based on the Mario spin-off series (Kart, Sports, Party, etc.) for Waluigi (since he really isn't anywhere else unlike Daisy who appeared in Super Mario Land). Seeing how you made that move base off on kinda every Sports-spinoff I was worried that you'd have the same idea for the moveset... So I assumed that. Sorry if I was making you panick or something. <.<"

But thanks for supporting the idea, I hope he'll be good.

Oh, and believe me. I am a jerk. *pats flamethrower*

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
As for GS...
You could do him, just make him different to the already contributed Isaac. That's the only thing you have to make sure.

Felix would be cool, but I'd love you if you made Jenna. She's my favourite character in the series.
After viewing the Isaac moveset, it seems a lot of the same moves are used, though in different places and different ways, so I might be better off with a different element entirely. You might not want me butchering your favorite character on my first moveset, though. I WAS happy to see that the mechanic I thought of was unused. Sad, though, I'm a fan of Megiddo, but I could only include that with Isaac and Felix. Time for some more brainstorming.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Sorry, just something I wanted to point out. I assume the second one should be 10 seconds.

Sorry for making my first post in here a correction, hopefully I'm not going to come across as an ***. I've been lurking in this thread for a little while now, and I have to say, I'm really impressed. I've been reading movesets since.... umm... I think Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright. At first, I just read them and dismissed it as something I could never do. But as I continued to follow the movesets, I've started to think that this looks like something that would be enjoyable to do as opposed to just reading, and definitely be a better way to spend my free time. I don't expect to do anywhere near as well as the regulars of MYM4, but I think I'd like to give it a shot. I've been paying attention to tips that have been given and the overall format, but if anyone has any common newbie mistakes that I should be made aware of, it'd be much appreciated. I look forward to (maybe) being a part of this, and I'm glad I saw the topic.
I've been reading movesets since.... umm... I think Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright.
Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright
:bee:

Seriously, though, welcome to MYM. I, for one, am terribly excited to see what you'll come up with, considering that from lurking, you must have read a lot of good 'sets, and should be able to do your own better than most newcomers! :bee:

Meh, Isaac was just my favorite, but pretty much everything I've planned would work for Felix as well. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to do one of my favorite games for my first, since I probably wouldn't do it justice, but I figure I have more of a drive to actually try hard that way.

Thanks for the advice! Don't take this the wrong way, but I think I'm going to try particularly hard not to piss you off... like I said, I've been lurking for a bit. As long as I don't get you mad, I think I'm okay. <.<
There are three things in life that you can't avoid: death, taxes, and making Spade mad at least once in your life. :laugh:

Just kiddin', Spade!

@Frf: No, no one's done a Blipper moveset yet. Are you seriously making that? That's... That's...

THAT'S AWESOME! :bee:

Baloo

Smash Ace
It's not a joke moveset, Meadow. The trip attacks are just a special twist thingy. Like K Rool's Snorlax moveset with the sleeping attacks.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
never got the chance, so - bienvenue! I am, along with Tornadith, a Kingdom Hearts fanatic. I have posted 3 Organization XIII members, Zexion, Marluxia, and Vexen. Vexen was undoubtedly the best set I've made. Hopefully, my Larxene, Saix, Demyx, and Saix PUPPY sets are just as good! BTW, I'm adding another Member to be posted, and taking one away. Roxas, IN; Demyx, OUT. Demyx is just too much of a, well, lets face it: hard character to make. I can't think of a single way that he would fit into Smash. Oh, well. About Roxas, he also has a special attribute. I won't tell though! Muahahahaha!!! All I will say is that it has something to do with his weapon and the other 12 members. Heehee.

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, SirKibble. :p

I'm not anywhere near finished yet, but from what I got so far it looks good. Don't set your expectations too high, though. :0

peeup

Smash Lord
lol I doubt anybody remembers me from the last MYM, but either way, I'm back and I'll be making some awesome movesets... in a few days. I'm open to suggestions.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Not a bad idea, PPL, since we've got a couple newcomers here right now, it seems. Let me see if I can dig that up again...

AHA!! A few key points of movesetry (yeah, it's a word):

Detail - When you write out a character's attacks, make sure you put in all the functionality details. If you're looking to overshoot, you'll want to be including damage (with percentages), knockback, range, lag times (for before and after the attack), priority, etc. If there's anything you think we might want to know, go ahead and put it.

Creativity - We like to see some variety in the attacks for a character. One of the most disappointing things in an MYM entry is a large number of basic punches and kicks (sometimes referred to by us as "PPK [Punch Punch Kick] Syndrome"). We'd much rather you think outside the box, giving your character more interesting and fun attacks that offer something more original.

Organization - If an entry isn't well-organized, it can be very difficult to read through, and by that token, won't get very many fans. Proper use of basic BBcode like bolding and underlining, as well as others like the color, size, and center tags, is essential. Take a look at some of the movesets in the thread for possible ideas of what's easy to read.

Balance - Naturally, it's most desirable for a character entry to be as balanced as possible. Not overpowered, and not underpowered. Keep that in mind while giving moves damage percentages, knockback, range, etc. It's more common for a moveset to end up overpowered than underpowered, and that's generally worse for the moveset, anyway, so aiming weak is usually more beneficial than aiming strong, if you're not sure where you're at. If you think you can judge it well enough on your own, the most-liked characters tend to fall somewhere around High Tier.

Playstyle - This can often be one of the most difficult, but rewarding, points of moveset creation. A central playstyle component is heavily favored in MYM. Whether the character is focused around a central mechanic (a switching mechanic, a PP system, or anything else you can think of), or if they're just focused around a strong point like gimping or projectiles, having a central point to base your character's moveset around is always a good idea.

You can get a feel for most of this by just reading over some of the movesets for the regulars in this thread. Most of us have links in our signatures to our movesets, whether through actual links to them there or to a "link-up space" where we keep links to all of our movesets.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I gotta admit, I didn't get around to reading Wiz or Klavier.
NOOOOOOOO!
Wiz in particular looks cool, because, y'know, it's a Kirby character and it's Kholdstare and he asked me to comment so nicely, but I just haven't had the strength. I will get to that, though. I'm getting better. :bee:
:D YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!
Has anyone made a Blipper (fish from Kirby series) moveset yet? I'm working on one ATM.
No, but that would be freakin AWESOME!
There are three things in life that you can't avoid: death, taxes, and making Spade mad at least once in your life. :laugh:

@Frf: No, no one's done a Blipper moveset yet. Are you seriously making that? That's... That's...

THAT'S AWESOME! :bee:
QUOTED FOR TRUTH.
never got the chance, so - bienvenue! I am, along with Tornadith, a Kingdom Hearts fanatic. I have posted 3 Organization XIII members, Zexion, Marluxia, and Vexen. Vexen was undoubtedly the best set I've made. Hopefully, my Larxene, Saix, Demyx, and Saix PUPPY sets are just as good! BTW, I'm adding another Member to be posted, and taking one away. Roxas, IN; Demyx, OUT. Demyx is just too much of a, well, lets face it: hard character to make. I can't think of a single way that he would fit into Smash. Oh, well. About Roxas, he also has a special attribute. I won't tell though! Muahahahaha!!! All I will say is that it has something to do with his weapon and the other 12 members. Heehee.
Well, he'll be in my Organization XIII moveset in MYM5.
Not a bad idea, PPL, since we've got a couple newcomers here right now, it seems. Let me see if I can dig that up again...

AHA!! A few key points of movesetry (yeah, it's a word):
QFT again.
Why don't you just put that in the OP?
[Hotel Mario] No [/Hotel Mario]

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think at Spade's suggestion, I'll give Jenna a shot, in what little free time I have (so much band, so little time...). And I think I'll be a rebel and avoid making Kirby movesets... if nothing else, because they have far too many great reps already. It'd be hard to live up to. =P

Spade, as I work on it, I might PM you for some advice on balance... you can probably expect one soonish (days-wise) on how best to employ the mechanic I thought up. I've got the basics down for it.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
strangely enough, having a load of good movesets come out at around the same time makes me too lazy to read any of them. That isn't very rational at all, but that's just me.

Also, it discourages me from trying to post another moveset any time soon because mine tend to be overlooked even when no other movesets are posted. And I'm still recovering from the post-traumatic stress resulting from accidentally and thoroughly deleting any trace of that moveset I tried making a week or so ago.

I'll stop making excuses and try being cool once MYM5 rolls around. I don't even want to think about where my votes are going.....

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :D

About the guidelines, I'm trying to make Blipper as balanced as possible, but that's hindering my creativity a bit. >.< Also, I suck with damage %'s.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'd be happy to beta-read Blipper for you once you finish him, to check for any balance issues.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Roxas and Larxene.

DON'T YOU DARE SCREW THEM UP.

Make them good. Or else.

Especially Roxas. :p

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
L is getting kind of hard for me
O SNAP

lol I doubt anybody remembers me from the last MYM, but either way, I'm back and I'll be making some awesome movesets... in a few days. I'm open to suggestions.
I remember I remember!

You made a World of Warcraft Hunter, I believe? And one or two others that aren't quite springing to mind...

Why don't you just put that in the OP?
Because it'll clutter things up I guess? Also that might give the impression that to succeed here, all you need to do is get on us Sandbags' good side.

Which isn't true, since in the end we don't have much say in which moveset is good or not. Though we migh know better.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Did you see my two cents about Robo on that page?

I absolutely love the moveset, and the special trait is cool, but it kinda doesn't work for Smash.
Well, what else am I supposed to make then? Like 70% of the characters I see here are third party characters like Gundams or characters with weird gameplay like Gordo and Electrode. And some aren't even in Wii games, like Hades and the Joker.

Plus, we can all dream lol

Smady

Smash Master
That's, er, spam, PPL. We don't like spam here.

I'm planning to read all of these movesets and comment, it's going to take a while.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
sorry abot the accidental spamage. Btw, I'm gonna make an OC - Rexiis - The Modernist Vampire
He's my own Org. 13 Member. He wields 2 pistols and controls sound. Preview--

A Combo: While holding his guns, Rexiis elbows the opponents face, karate kicks the opponent's gut, and lastly uppercuts the opponent. This is Rexiis' most versatile move, as he can use almost any other move of his to create a moveset unlike any other. The first hit causes 3%, the second causes 4%, and the last hit causes 6%, adding up to a total 13%. The last hit has the only knockback, which is very average, vertical knockback. Although any one of his moves can be used after this combo, The ideal move is his down smash because the sound waves generated grow to the height of Ganondorf, but lose % during growth. But, if used at the precise moment, the attack can cause dangerous knockback, along with 6% damage.

So, tell me what you think of my up and coming set, Rexiis. BTW, I thought of this while listening to Sexy Vampire by GoshaDole on youtube. I think he works with Disko Wrap. I dunno.

EDIT: Wow, this is perfect, I got the page's 1st post! lol

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, I think at Spade's suggestion, I'll give Jenna a shot, in what little free time I have (so much band, so little time...). And I think I'll be a rebel and avoid making Kirby movesets... if nothing else, because they have far too many great reps already. It'd be hard to live up to. =P
Yay, welcome to the rebellion! *hands AK*
And yay, Jenna! <3

Spade, as I work on it, I might PM you for some advice on balance... you can probably expect one soonish (days-wise) on how best to employ the mechanic I thought up. I've got the basics down for it.
Sure, go right ahead. Over the course of the time I became quite aware of balance, so I think I can help you with that.

I remember you...
You made Highwayman and some WoW ... Hunter? And I think something else.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
reposted because noone commented and 1-2 people acknoledged it

starman's B:hero's beacon
starman puts his right hand on the gem holding his cape up and a circle of red light about 1.5 times the size of kirby will appear around him. this has two effects depending on what happens during the next two seconds. you can cancel the beacon with R/B. if the opponent touches or physically attacks the sphere or starman while the beacon is up, he will see them as a criminal for interfereing with his heroic duties. the beacon dissapears and an area around starman and anyone who penetrated the light darkens as we hear punching sounds as well as see classic comic onamonepias such as PIFF, SOK, and BOF, those being damaged taking 10%. the opponents are then seen bing held by the throat by starman and held in the air, somehow in the black-and-white-stripes cartoon jail suit. they will then be tossed a slight distance away. they remain in the costumes and receive 2% extra damage from all of starman's attacks for the rest of the current stock.

now if he is not touched, a batman-esque signal that features the shape of his 'head' appears in the sky, clearly visible. he then zooms offscreen, doing 5% and low knockback to those who touch him on the way there. after 2.5 seconds, he will hastily land, his cape waving in the spring breeze, with 5% more damage from the fight he had with the criminals. he will also have 10 extra coins in a coin match for a reward. this is mainly for dodging full screen attacks.

happy kibble is happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom