• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 13 - Most Recent Movesets: The Advertisement Period Begins

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Let us all have a moment of silence to remember the SMs that were unjustly murdered by XenForo when they were in retirement.

∫MYM 666 SMs​

•​
- – -​
∫MYM 5 SMs

•​
- – -​
∫MYM 4 SMs​

•​
- – -​
∫MYM 3.0 SMs​

•​

They were true patriots.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
NO, NOT PLAYING GOD!!

Okay then, SMs are pretty much extinct. They'd be fun to make again though, like having MYMers post short chapters where they use only their own movesets. Could be a mini of some sort.

Smady

Smash Master
A little late, but congratulations to FA on winning, and in grand fashion with both first and second place. It's too bad I couldn't keep that record, but hey, I guess I'll always be the first. Jarad's a worthy winner, definitely the set I wanted to win the most.

Likewise, massive congratulations to Joe on third, his highest ever placing and with all the work that went into ATJ, it's a reward well deserved. I'm not actually a big fan of the set, but I was happy for your success.

I was surprised and humbled to place twice in the top five again and with two sets from the same movement. Despite the huge delays, I'm happy that Illbleed seems to have met everyone's expectations. I thought Reynolds would place over Cashman, but I can understand the preference for one over the other.

It's great to see Big Mac place so well in his debut contest, you're truly one of the best newcomers ever and I love Deathborn.

Koala Kong was a great swan song for the departed Warlord. I pray to Mighty Rooligan you'll be unbanned soon.

I don't care for Dawson especially at its placing. However, it was still my favourite Junahu set of the contest, so if we're fortunate, maybe it's a sign of things to come.

Very pleased that Skull Kid placed high and that Roy again got into the top ten, another great set and a style that I want to see you return. Fascinating ideas, augmented by your speciality in-smash, attention to detail.

I was totally shocked by Soldier's top ten placing. I'm even more humbled by this, I had absolutely no idea how that set would be received as I've never made a set like that before. It took a long time, but it was well worth it in the end. You guys are awesome for giving it a chance, despite it being a late entry into a movement and for a mode that's not exactly liked.

Though no top ten placing, BubbleMan.EXE is a deserved high placing for Nick. It's not my favourite of yours, that still goes to Galaxy Man, but this was definitely a well-constructed, thoughtful submission.

Sakuya may not be my bag, though it's a freaking Merge set at this height in the top fifty, that can't be bad.

Huge congratulations to Majora, Plorf, Smashbot, Warlord, Kat and Big Mac on their top twenty placing. I adore the sets for Trent, Atmey and certainly enjoyed S&S, Dark Metaknight, Sauron and even Zak Gramayre was a fun experiment. Thanks also to all the other submitters who placed and all the voters - lets get a bigger amount next time! In fact, lets make the contest better next time as well, I know we can do it.

As a side not to Khold's post, this is the perfect time for you all to delve into the critically-acclaimed Armageddon by Chris Lionheart.

"Chapter 1 was fine" - Hyper Ridley
"outstanding work" - goldwyvern
"I'm not trying to bash you, I enjoyed that quite a bit." - MasterWarlord

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
SMs were pretty much only done because of two reasons: we had more activity/movesets, and the authors were dedicated and enthusiastic. Thus why Warlord, Chris, and H_R were doing it, they used to be some of the most dedicated and active members. Also why they died out after MYM4. People (mainly Warlord) still tried to do them after that but they never saw light past a few chapters. You either do movesets, or you write an SM and do one or two at the most movesets, if that's how you want to approach it.

Terra-Xehanort

Smash Rookie
I have a bad habit of asking a lot of questions. *facepalm* I'm trying to make sure the character's not overpowered, but I'm also considering that if I change it too much, the set will become underpowered.

n88

Smash Lord
I have a bad habit of asking a lot of questions. *facepalm* I'm trying to make sure the character's not overpowered, but I'm also considering that if I change it too much, the set will become underpowered.

Usually we're not too picky about balance here, unless a set has some flaw in the base concepts (infinite chaingrabs, traps that keep the foe from doing anything ever, etc.). Whether the numbers (damage percentages, lag times, etc.) are all just right is less of a concern (especially for someone's first set), since that stuff is pretty simple to change. If you're still worried, you can always have a more experienced writer take a look at the first draft of your set. Personally, I would recommend hitting up JOE!, Junahu, or Smash Daddy for that sort of thing. Good luck with your set!

JOE!

Smash Hero
Prepare for trouble....
...and make it double!

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
In another post, I said that if Blaziken were created, he probably would be a C. Falcon clone, but what if he could be a similar character but with diferents moves
I thought: Neutral B: Blaze Kick (just like Falcon Punch) images (8).jpg

Forward B: Double Kick or H J Kick (similar to Little Mac´s Jolt Haymaker)

Up B: Flare Blitz (similar to Fox's UP B, but he only could move in diagonal like Mario or Olimar UP B)

Down B: Mirror Move (this is the most polemical move; similar to Kirby´s Neutral B, but if you want to success you must do it just when your rival is at the same line of sight and during your rival is doing his down B special)

This works like Zelda´s Final Smash, in which the arrow goes straight through all the stage, this is the same idea.

What do you think?

Top Bottom