• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make it rain with $2 bills: 1/9/10

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
Man up SC community cause I am back and in action for the latest installment of my present to everyone.

However, look for the mix up on the prefix cause this one is for Brawlers and Melee lovers alike kiddos. Expect music, love, and probably one of the rare occasions to actually meet me. Besides being self centered I actually host pretty awesome tournaments.

Make sure we get Wiis and copies of both games. Also, if there is enough interest in Blazblue or Street fighter 4 then we can hook something up and get some money rolling.
If there are any problems with the rule sets don't ***** and complain. I am a big fan of resolution and compromise so lets talk people.

Date
January 9th
Earliest arrival time: 11:30am
Event starting time: 1:00-1:30pm
Event ending time: Whenever

Address
404 S. Parker Road
Greenville SC, 29609

*Special directions*
If your directions take you to Pointsett Highway you should turn at the light onto Mulligan street (there will be a Hess gas station at the light), then make a left at Hillandale road, go to the end of the road and then make a right onto South Parker Road and then look for my house or call me .

*Landmarks on Pointsett*
Cherrydale shopping complex
Lowes hardware
Hess gas station

Also if you need help with directions or have any questions
my cell number is 864-609-7236
My AIM is d a m nwhitey4 (no spaces in between the d a m n)

Vids from last year's series-
http://www.smashbrosmelee.com/showthread.php?t=134070

Entrance Fees:
$10 dollars a head for singles
$20 for teams ($10 a person)
The style will be round robin for a smaller group or seeded brackets for a larger group.
*Doubles will always be random brackets but I will do my best to make sure there will be no teams who know each other and play each other play first round.*

Payout:
60/30/10*
*3rd place is guaranteed to get their entrance fee back.

Here are the Rule sets:

Brawlz

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off, no smash balls.
MK is NOT banned.

Stage Selection:

Neutral— -

Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter picks— -

Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium I
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Banned— -

ALL OTHER STAGES

Additional Rules for Single's Play— -

- —Any games ending in time running out will be decided by stock and then percents.
- —If a game ends in a Bowsercide (Kirby, Dedede, Ganon, etc.), the sudden death will be ignored and the match will go to the player who initiated the move.
- —Both Loser's and Winner's semi-finals are to be a best of five set.
- —If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven, continuing on with the previous set's count—only Loser's, Winner's and Grand finals are exempt from this rule, remaining best of five, regardless.
- —Double blind character pick may be called before the start of the first match of a set.
- —First stage is selected from the neutral stages listed above using the striking procedure.
- —After their first loss, each player may choose one stage to be banned for the remainder of the set.
- —Advanced slob picks in effect.
- —Dave's stupid rule in effect.

Additional Rules for Double's Play— -

- —Life Stealing is allowed.
- —Team Attack is set to ON.

Melee

-4 Stock, 8 min time limit
-Bring your own controller
-Stage striking is allowed
-All matches are best of 3, finals are best of 5
-Excessive stalling is banned
-Wobbleing=banned
-In doubles team attack is on
-Life stealing is allowed
-Items are turned off
-Glitches that stop your opponent from controlling their character are banned

Tournament Construction:
under 15 people- Goes to a round robin to determine the top 5 finishers. From there it will be put into a 5 man bracket system with the 1st place in round robin going straight to winners finals.

Over 15 people- Goes to seeded brackets.

Stage Selection

Neutural Stages

Yoshi Story
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks

Legit Counterpick Stages

Fountain of Dreams-singles only
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Mute City- singles only
Pokefloats
DK64

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
- —If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven, continuing on with the previous set's count—only Loser's, Winner's and Grand finals are exempt from this rule, remaining best of five, regardless.

I ain't mad at that.

But Snapp, your head of the brulz right? I'd like to make a proposition.

What if we were to make the starters more liek:

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Castle Siege
Delfino
Pokemon Stadium 1

Just for expiremental purposes.

Also, I can bring a setup.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I can't ****ing wait. God **** I love Scha. Who's giving me a ride to this? lol xD

Me and Scha could be teaming, which will instantly melt the minds of our opponents, and thus, we are victorious.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I likely won't make this, because it's far too close to Pound for me to use my money on gas and stuff.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
wait, when did I say that? I think I'm teaming with Scha or... well

okay, time to fess up
probably not gonna make it to this, which pains me to say since Scha is one of the best friends ever
but... I just can't do melee without my controller, and I don't really have the drive or anything.
still planning on going to Pound but, just to watch...

Melee just... makes me feel sad now, strangely

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
wait, when did I say that? I think I'm teaming with Scha or... well

okay, time to fess up
probably not gonna make it to this, which pains me to say since Scha is one of the best friends ever
but... I just can't do melee without my controller, and I don't really have the drive or anything.
still planning on going to Pound but, just to watch...

Melee just... makes me feel sad now, strangely
TRC. please. come to this anyway. and dude its going to be me, you, yay, and kale in my car at pound, we might not be the most well known group, but were guaranteed to be the funniest.

POUND IS GOING TO BE A COMING OF AGE ADVENTURE.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Nothin' gets me hotter than WRECKIN' DECKS N' GETTIN' SECKS
RIGHT SCHA!?

I am honored to be called mad cool. I'll come if I get a ride in Columbia.

Ramz (Mazen) is also pending on the coming-or-not department.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
look man ill bring my tri wing but you need to make sure its a mark 1 controller otherwise you wont be able to do that. Rc's controller is one of the oldest ive ever seen and Nintendo stopped making them like that almost premeditatedly after melee's release.

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
No idea what that is but I am trying to schedule this on a day that would be ok for everyone to attend and more importantly a day that I will still be in the state. If this is on a day of another tournament then sorry for the inconvenience but this is the only day I could have held this that wasn't a week day.

On a side note I really need to play melee so anyone hit me up for some games. I need to practice badly my cell phone number and contact info is on the front page.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
ichibon is on the tenth. this is on the ninth.

my troller so old : ( it was the 2nd controller I ever bought for the system...

you play Jiggs snapp? NO MERCY

Well, i was playing melee with kale, and its not like i was getting 3 stocked when i was playing gannon. but unless im playing jiggs im not having fun. sorry.

oh and austin, that **** i was talking about sucking, it was hungrybox's. love that guy.

Top Bottom