• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Of course. I have been burned many times before on a Townj who doesn't seem to be as active as I'd like. The townj I would love to see is one who comes in and brings a case on scum. (JerkusMafia) Yet, I don't see how he can do this when scum DO seem to be sidelining. So I can't determine for real which alignment J would be without flips. That's why I want Jex first.

For an example of townj not putting in enough, look at FFtA mafia. The guy posts some case on Scary but isn't as active as I would like to be. He comes around to posting and I get doubtful of him. Of course I am considering scumj here too. Flavorless mafia is an example of scumj. I don't have much to say about it since I didn't have time to keep up with it, but yeah.

I think it's a good idea to get the rest of town to contribute on this as well. Can you talk to me about Dabuz? I forget what your read on him is. And what's Gorf's take on it?

JeXs

Smash Champion
pre-emptively posted. agreed with second post of murderbush wall and love the consideration of newtown vs. newscum. also agree with third post. also agree with first post. really want to see some responses from jexs/levi.

still kinda feeling out the situation between jex/levi but i AM ok with going in either direction, currently leaning towards jexs
He's pretty much implied that he's fine with lynching me/Levi and is very sure we're both scum. This is a similar setup to which murder is accusing Levi of. He can jump straight to Levi/me depending on which of us is lynched first if we do flip town.

i feel like you're trying to dance around my questioning. even if i exhibit a similar persona then doesn't that mean you should be looking at ryker and like 60% of the slots here in a perplexed manner????? like so many people here are exhibiting similar personas (like ran) but you're not looking to lynch them are you? i think you're looking at my slot because historically i've been easy to lynch for doing hilarious **** lel but you're actually getting caught with your pants down by saying my persona is the problem.

the substantiation i want is for you to actually explain a jexs/ami/murderbush town read at that stage in the game
Now. Look at this post. He's basically already implying that AI is scum by accusing them of looking at him because he's been easy to lynch in the past.(?????)

also holy **** there was a lot of posts

why can't this be an unconfident scum player who doesn't want to take risks? i know what you're saying and i've considered it, but i'm still on the fence about it.

how are his thoughts transparent? he hasn't gone in-depth at all about why he thinks the way he thinks, he has only been stating observations of things at surface value.

hmmmmm i feel so disconnected from you this game, watdo?

i agree with this part.

but you never went in depth with this. looking at my monster mafia play, i pretty much over extended too much in rvs which was intentional but i didn't expect people to actually believe that this was a scum slip (i was going for 'townie intentionally trying to start the game' approach). i didn't do that here though. mechanically speaking the play is completely different, albeit the persona i'm exhibiting might be similar (but anyone who has been in dgames can exhibit similar personas as either alignment). soooooo what's got you itching??
This post. The entire first part is just him trying to get people to look at it from a scumJex pov. Bolded - He says that he's considered it but is still pretty on the fence about it, but he's already got me on his lynchpool, his top preference nonetheless. This just irks me and looks like he's trying to make it seem like he's actually considering his read on me but his post which says he prefers lynching me is just disgusting in combination.
He goes on to say that he feels disconnected from Levi this game which I don't really understand.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Of course. I have been burned many times before on a Townj who doesn't seem to be as active as I'd like. The townj I would love to see is one who comes in and brings a case on scum. (JerkusMafia) Yet, I don't see how he can do this when scum DO seem to be sidelining. So I can't determine for real which alignment J would be without flips. That's why I want Jex first.

For an example of townj not putting in enough, look at FFtA mafia. The guy posts some case on Scary but isn't as active as I would like to be. He comes around to posting and I get doubtful of him. Of course I am considering scumj here too. Flavorless mafia is an example of scumj. I don't have much to say about it since I didn't have time to keep up with it, but yeah.

I think it's a good idea to get the rest of town to contribute on this as well. Can you talk to me about Dabuz? I forget what your read on him is. And what's Gorf's take on it?
Holy ****.

me said:
I don't give a **** about his D1 schtick or the fact that he got frustrated to call him out. Look at what I posted, my own arguments, and the evidence I have backing them up. Look at his responses to me pressuring his read of me. I don't give a **** if he wants to play the inactive card D1 as long as he makes good content but he has yet to do that. In fact, his content is 99.9% scummy as ****.
This has nothing to do with his inactivity. It has everything to do with the **** he's doing while he's here. I've made mention of that various times. Please go back and read it again. If you think it has anything to do with his meta or his general inactivity, you're wrong and need to read it again.

:substitute:

JeXs

Smash Champion
Why? Jexs if I gave you a one-shot vig power who would you use it on right now.

I want to lynch Bardull but I'm not confident in my ability to get people to trust me especially now that a large part of the game seems to be scum reading me.
Bardull.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I want to call out your bardull read for being mechanical as **** but you don't even know why that's bad so I can't call you out.

JeXs, a read/statement is mechanical when you're basically comparing two situations and saying that they're exactly the same without regards to the nuance. This is, without a doubt, never true. No two situations are exactly the same. Hell, just as an example, your readslist, questionable as it may be to me, is not nearly the same as J's readslist, yet you okayed it because you considered it the same as yours. For newer players this type of thought is okay, but for a player to just compare **** mechanically shows they're not really thinking about it and are just trying to play off something others are considering scummy. It's not good play and is often scummy.

I didn't realize I had to play IC this game too.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I'm voting JexS. Feel better about his flip clearing up my other reads, including j like I said previously. I'll look at your posts and respond to them. But I just want you to consider that's it's hard for me to see scum motivation from inaction. That's what I'm trying to get across.

I'm also interested in other people's thoughts to better develop my reads.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I'm voting JexS. Feel better about his flip clearing up my other reads, including j like I said previously. I'll look at your posts and respond to them. But I just want you to consider that's it's hard for me to see scum motivation from inaction. That's what I'm trying to get across.

I'm also interested in other people's thoughts to better develop my reads.
then look at the way he handled my slot. read my post, go back and read the quotes i linked with it, then go and read my response again.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I want to call out your bardull read for being mechanical as **** but you don't even know why that's bad so I can't call you out.

JeXs, a read/statement is mechanical when you're basically comparing two situations and saying that they're exactly the same without regards to the nuance. This is, without a doubt, never true. No two situations are exactly the same. Hell, just as an example, your readslist, questionable as it may be to me, is not nearly the same as J's readslist, yet you okayed it because you considered it the same as yours. For newer players this type of thought is okay, but for a player to just compare **** mechanically shows they're not really thinking about it and are just trying to play off something others are considering scummy. It's not good play and is often scummy.

I didn't realize I had to play IC this game too.

I still don't understand.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
No? I would think it would be important in your read on Bardull. Would that not be something to factor in when you say Bardull is trying to lynch you? Did Bardull not have a problem with your totoro evasion?

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
And if all else fails:

Lynch him for this. This is such a horrible explanation for the subtle suggestions for people to lynch me and the fact that I consistently appeared on his lynchlist. No one "tries to differentiate from bad play or scum play" by saying "lynch this person" over and over again.

need to quote this again

JeXs

Smash Champion
No? I would think it would be important in your read on Bardull. Would that not be something to factor in when you say Bardull is trying to lynch you? Did Bardull not have a problem with your totoro evasion?
I felt that he was just trying to socialize with me(??) What totoro evasion? People have been talking about me dodging stuff all game and I don't even know what I'm dodging?????

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
idk what to say idk how i'm feeling about jex, i feel like there's a layer of a lack of ingenuity but maybe it's more of a formal thing since jex isn't a regular here or something.

i mean i voted for jex and then jex votes for bunzy and isn't like 'yo bardull i know you're a cute *** totoro but why you tryna catch a fade" and idk how to feel about it

yea

riddle me this jexs do you trust the kawaiiness of totoro or are you worried i might try to have my furry way with you soon?
Red and blue

JeXs

Smash Champion
How is the red a question? For the blue, I admit that I missed that question. Reading it now I don't even understand what he's trying to ask me though.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
so basically not contributing much n sidelining. k.

this is a post for all of my skimmers to look at and to consider. if i am wrong, please guide me on my helplessly misinformed path.

the play being experienced here aligns with j's town play for the most shallow of opinions: he doesn't give much out D1. he's playing that part perfectly. but let's look at other aspects shall we?

j is a presence this game. he exists, his actions are known by the cast, and he is BY NO MEANS INACTIVE. bardull is more inactive than j. townj, while not getting MUCH done on D1, visibly shows his attempts to gain reads, whether or not he gets them. this isn't happening here. who cares if he doesn't have a scum read? who cares that he's reading x amount of players as town? do we know why? no! what we have is a player who simply seems pouty and unconcerned with the games progression, half promises that his slot will get things done. it's been 19 mother ****ing pages. substance should be down right REQUIRED at this point. laundry essentially begged j to freely give some explanation of his thoughts. instead we have a j who is SO intent on sticking to his meta.

j's been playing the sidelines and sheeps like nobody can ****ing believe. "but protean, he's against the levi and jex lynch!" i repeat, why?! and no, "the cases against them don't please me" is not a valid answer. his play has been a song and dance, and all he's been is an ensemble member that is half assing both his harmony and his choreography. it just feels too much like the slot is tryna stick to what we know as his town meta and is getting away with it well. in reality he's just sneaking into the back, unnoticed. y'all think the scum is sidelining? well look no further!

so please. if im wrong, guide me. if im right, vote with me. together, we can eradicate the scum.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
It isn't, it's his feeling on how you didn't react to his vote on you, and that could be a factor leading into his read on you.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I'll get at it later.
No, I want to hear it now, while you're here. You've dogged Jexs all ****ing day, following him around and dragging responses out of him about every update in the thread. I want a response from you. I'm glad you think you've found scum but I'm not satisfied with you missing the entire point of the wagon I'm trying to start and then dismissing it to continue chasing a slot that you've already come to a conclusion on. Unless you're badgering him about Bardull because you want to change your read, there's no reason for this **** to continue to happen. If you want to keep doing it, fine, but get to my **** first.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Ok. Do you think his 'feeling' is indicative of alignment? Yes/No? (Reasoning too please)

All I'm going to say as I'm looking at protein's case.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Ok. Do you think his 'feeling' is indicative of alignment? Yes/No? (Reasoning too please)

All I'm going to say as I'm looking at protein's case.
Well I have to first understand what he meant. Mind explaining to me?

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
why do i not have two additional votes on this wagon helloooooo did you NOT see that hella good post about how full of crap j's meta is?!

oh and im gonna ensure that laundry flat out ignore the expansion on the dabuz read (he's got a better answer than me) until you tell me why j isn't scum/agree that he's scum.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
But what about the fact that they're still ****ing weak now? Did you even see his reasons to lynch me on the last page? Did you see his actual excuse of a read at best for me?
I don't know. It certainly doesn't lead me to believe that he's scum. I've tried before and it doesn't work. You're talking to the guy who always scumread J wrong every damn time. (FFtA, Doctor who mafia, Monster) Do you think there is scum motivation for him avoiding jex/levi then? Oh hey, look. Another reason why I feel we should lynch Jex first. Can you stop for a sec and see why I may be having such pause? Or do you not care about that either? Just wondering.

Him making a point of scum sidelining means ****all to me because it's an easy statement to make and one no one will question him for saying (even though everyone's made substantial posts at this point except Kantrip). That's also not a pass.
Him saying that doesn't give him a pass, but him saying that is something I can agree with.

I don't give a **** about his D1 schtick or the fact that he got frustrated to call him out. Look at what I posted, my own arguments, and the evidence I have backing them up. Look at his responses to me pressuring his read of me. I don't give a **** if he wants to play the inactive card D1 as long as he makes good content but he has yet to do that. In fact, his content is 99.9% scummy as ****.
Red and blue, this is what I can't get behind. To me, that is essentially null. I do agree that he should bring his stances forward, and I can't really get behind the case without J himself responding to it.

I just gave you two long posts full of strong evidence. The second half of the last page is strong evidence. Don't give me that. There's literally no reason for townJ to come to the conclusion that I'm town and say that he wants to lynch me regardless because I'm annoying. Literally no reason for any townie to say that. He should be lynched for that alone. His bogus explanation for the way he handled his read on me is also scummy as ****.
Grimy, but it is something I have seen townies do/say. Gheb is an example. Your second case post talks about how he's avoiding levy/jexS. You keep seeing 'bad' stuff from JexS and J is waving a town lean on things such as JexS AtE. Would you not think it would be better we look at JexS first and then J? Do you think there is a possibility of J/JexS? Again, I do think he should comitt now.

I still think he's scummy, I'm just way more confident in my scumJ read.
Since when? Also tell me how they match together as mates.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
@ Protean- Protean- : Now please get at me on Dabooze.
@#HBC | Bunzy: I want to see your comments on the recent events.
@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan : Can I have any updates on the recent events/since you last posted? Now you have my J read (null)
@mUrDErBUSh: I'd like for you to weigh in on the recent events as well.
@Arcane Inferno: I'm interested in you weighing in as well.

@#HBC | J: Ok J. I want you to commit now. I want to see you try to show a scum stance, and I want you to give your updated reads. I also want you to look at WL's case on you and respond to it. I know you said you'd be ignoring it but I want it now, to be able to read you better.

I'm done. Not saying anything else until you two comment, and the rest of town contributes because I've said alot.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Well I have to first understand what he meant. Mind explaining to me?
He meant that you were playing it too cool by avoiding the vote in rvs of your first game. You say that you didn't think anything of it, but he doesn't know why you think that. Why didn't you think nothing of it?

I'm out. Time to sleep.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I want to lynch Bardull but I'm not confident in my ability to get people to trust me especially now that a large part of the game seems to be scum reading me.
Bardull.
Why is Dabooze town though. How did you progress from Dabuz > BardulL. Tell me your thought process. Be honest.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
Amidamaru, I thought you were about to vote Protean with me because one of your halves had just made a bigger post indicating that he was scum.

Who else wants to lynch Bunzy? I don't like Arcane Inferno either. Who wants to lynch him? Deadline's in 2 days and there's almost no movement in votes.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Why is Dabooze town though. How did you progress from Dabuz > BardulL. Tell me your thought process. Be honest.
My only real problem I had with him was that he was asking pointless questions which have been asked before. He's not actually doing that now and he's also considering his read on me when he can easily just hop on and lynch me without getting much suspicion.

Top Bottom