• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Milkyway Sleepover - Serial Killer wins (with a Gold Metal for Mafia)

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Spring break started and I'm back on the net! So yeah, I'm against no lynch as usual and no joke vote for now.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I was reluctant, but what ev.

I'm in.

EDIT TO AVOID CONFUSION: I mean, Replacement.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
That's not your own reason. you jumped on a bandwagon with your first post.

unvote tom and vote smashbot
Smashbot, did you respond to this? Marshy pretty clearly illuminated a contradiction in your vote logic. I would stand by the fact that you said one thing and did another.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Let's see how I do for a first timer...

VOTES (It takes 7 votes out of 13 players)

Tom - Handorin (1)

Marshy - Mr. Lombardi , Jungle (2)

Smashbot - Marshy (1)

KK - Smashbot (1)

Omis - KK, Omis (2, technically >>;; )

Medi - Tom (1)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
rockin you have smashbot voting twice. he unvoted me and is now on karthik

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
you also have jungle voting twice when it should just be on me and not ronike i think

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Sorry about that Marshy. I knew that, but I forgot to make the last changes.

It's been fixed now. I promise to do better on next result.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I FORGIVE YOU

Unvote: Marshy

Vote: Karthik King

If we lynch him, it's a win-win situation; we'll see if he's scum, and if he isn't, we have one less foe to worry about.
What does that even mean? You could justify a vote on anybody with that

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smashbot, I gotta agree you did bandwagon with Tom's reasoning for a joke vote as your own reason, and that bolded statement is pretty strange...Think you got some responding to do.(On the other hand, not with the vote on him yet due to the results of his time in Omis' game)

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
What does that even mean? You could justify a vote on anybody with that
I'd also like to know what you mean by your statement. Did Karthik do something in another game or are you just saying things for no reason?

smashbot226

Smash Master
That's not your own reason. you jumped on a bandwagon with your first post.

unvote tom and vote smashbot
Yeah, sorry I couldn't get to this earlier, but my cousin wanted me to play Halo Wars.

I figured that a move like immediately saying that a no-lynch is bad is scummy to me. Also, your "justification" of saying it in Omis's mafia game and THEN turning out to be doc is not even proof.

Also, I'm voting Karthik because- well, is he likely going to prove beneficial to town? AT ALL? Given his previous involvements in some earlier Mafia games, I doubt it. It's sort of like killing off the "slow" kid.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, I'm voting Karthik because- well, is he likely going to prove beneficial to town? AT ALL? Given his previous involvements in some earlier Mafia games, I doubt it. It's sort of like killing off the "slow" kid.
But you're working with PURELY odds here, no input from him at all this game works into your suggestion. So you're not hunting for scum, you're just picking off K_King. The odds that he is town-aligned are a bit over double that is he mafia aligned, and the odds that he is a town power role are a bit under the same that he is mafia aligned. If he's townie, we haven't eliminated a foe. He can't screw us up much as a townie, because his vote is the same as all of ours. If he is a cop or doctor, we've eliminated a great ally in his role period. You really wanna work simple odds and eliminate whom you call "the slow kid" for not doing anything wrong at all?

is this a sign of things to come in the batman game? :o
Totally unrelated. I saved this avatar before Gotham started and I've just been waiting to use it. It's awesome.

smashbot226

Smash Master
But you're working with PURELY odds here, no input from him at all this game works into your suggestion. So you're not hunting for scum, you're just picking off K_King. The odds that he is town-aligned are a bit over double that is he mafia aligned, and the odds that he is a town power role are a bit under the same that he is mafia aligned. If he's townie, we haven't eliminated a foe. He can't screw us up much as a townie, because his vote is the same as all of ours. If he is a cop or doctor, we've eliminated a great ally in his role period. You really wanna work simple odds and eliminate whom you call "the slow kid" for not doing anything wrong at all?
I'm working with what little we know- we all are. I'm just stating my opinion, and I'm choosing K_King because even if he WAS a helpful role like doctor or cop, then he may be too, for a lack of a better word, inexperienced, for the role. It'd be like telling a toddler to guard the president.

And those odds are purely calculations- that's still a noticeable percentage that K_King is scum. You could say the same about anyone here. And yes, I would eliminate the slow kid, but not for doing nothing wrong, but for likely proving to be an inadequate town supporter.

Charles Darwin and his Theory of Evolution states the idea of the Survival of the Fittest- K_King is the weakest. He may prove a hindrance for the rest of the game if he's let alive. If he does something of value before the next lynch, I'll change my mind.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Having an inexperienced cop or doc is better than having none at all.

As for going for someone who the town thinks is inexperienced, town did that twice in Omis' game with you and karthik and paid twice for it.

I also don't see how you can say that you'll change your mind if he does something of value before the next lynch when you are pushing for his lynch right now. There's really nothing he can say in his defense other than "I'll try to do better this time".

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
unvote smashbot

Because I'm not sure how suspicious that really is after what happened last game. Plus everybody who's posted since post #89 has only offered thoughts on smashbot and nothing else. getting too focused on one person

Ronike

Smash Ace
Smashbot, I really strongly disklike KK prolly just as much as the next guy. But you have to admit, killing him this early is kinda dumb... I mean, he hasn't really contributed yet. He obviously has been keeping up with Omis' game (as he offered to break some rules to help us...), so maybe he's gotten better! Who knows, maybe he's some kinda genius that will turn out to be better than any of us in the end. And consider this too: What kind of message does it send to new players if we just continuously kill off this ew one? If we ever want new players, we need to be nice to new ones...

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Marshy: I can see that the discussion is focusing solely on Smashbot right now, but he really seems the most suspicious right now. His behavior, to me, screams "Amateur Scum!" Trying to vote out Karthik so quickly seems like something scum would do, as the quicker the day ends, the less chance they have of giving off scum tells/getting random lynched

My vote stands.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I'd like to hear what Karthik has to say on the whole matter. Any chance you'll change your play or attempt to do better? This is coming from someone who doesn't know what happened and is going purely off what has been said in this thread so far. I don't think Smashbot has much of a point, but I'm wondering what your response to the current situation is.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Aye.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that we could have a serial killer in this game, so vigilantes shouldn't shoot night 1. One reason is that odds are you will hit town, but the other one is that it would be nice to know if we have a serial killer.

Omis

my friends were skinny
The serial killer could just skip killing day 1 to make it seem like there wasnt a serial killer. Then day 2 he could resume to make it seem like we have a dumb vig. I agree that the vig shouldnt kill day 1 though.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Pressure vote. I want to hear what he has to say.
About what? I guess you want my opinions on the whole Karthik/smashbot thing?

I think smashbot's vote on Karthik King is dumb. I also don't think it's scummy. I think it's just smashbot being smashbot.

Moreover, it seems like it's a waste of time. Obviously, the majority of players disagree with him, and there's no new information or evidence he can bring up to change their minds. Continuing his argument for lynching Karthik King at this point is an exercise in futility.

Really, I don't think either of them are scummy or deserving of a lynch, and I don't think there's much room for growth discussing it. Unless it evolves into something more quite quickly, I think we'd be better off moving on.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
The serial killer could just skip killing day 1 to make it seem like there wasnt a serial killer. Then day 2 he could resume to make it seem like we have a dumb vig. I agree that the vig shouldnt kill day 1 though.
I think that usually, the serial killer is required to kill once a night.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but that's generally the way it works.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed Omis, it would be very easy for the sk to not kill n1, so it doesn't mean all that much if we only have one kill... Also, Marshy, I agree that conversation has turned to smashbot, but really the comment he made "we find out if he's mafia and if not we have one less foe to deal with" sounds like a scumslip(as the only ones with one less foe if he's not mafia are mafia or killers), and I would like to hear from him on that... I'm not sure if he's actually anti-town or if it was just an attempt at a joke from last game, I just want to hear his justification for it.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, I would like to add, I agree with Medi that there's not much he could argue trying to justify a lynch on Karthik, I just want him to explain the comment I mentioned above and what he meant by it

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Agreed Omis, it would be very easy for the sk to not kill n1, so it doesn't mean all that much if we only have one kill...
No, the serial killer is a role that more often than not (read: almost always) has to kill each night.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Vote: Hando

For pressure voting Medi asking him to say something when he hasn't said anything himself all game.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think that usually, the serial killer is required to kill once a night.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but that's generally the way it works.
This is true. SKs always have to kill, since it's their objective to be the last one left.

So ya, I agree with Tom. Vig shots tonight arnt that great. I bet in a game this size there is at least one.

Handorin

Smash Hero
No, the serial killer is a role that more often than not (read: almost always) has to kill each night.
I somehow missed this. I guess I didnt refresh the page.

Vote: Hando

For pressure voting Medi asking him to say something when he hasn't said anything himself all game.
Crapz. I just look back, and I guess the post I made before church didnt post.

Basically it was:

I don't agree with lynching KK at the moment. He hasnt done anything to help or appear scummy, so the only reason -to- lynch him would be because he hasnt said anything really. (Which I dont really agree with now).

Top Bottom