• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Mafia (Ruined)

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Welcome to Smash World Forum's 15th iteration of the great forum game, Mafia!

This theme of this mafia game will be, you guess it, Mafia! There are 17 player slots and they will be given on a first come first serve basis. Anyone else interested in playing will be signed up as a replacement.

I will post the scenario once the game is filled, but be assured this game is most definetly not like alot of mafia games you may have already played.

Alright so, if you're new to this I'm making it REQUISITE that you visit these three links and read them thoroughly. DO NOT COME INTO THIS GAME BLIND AND IGNORANT! TL;DR NOOBS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

Flash Tutorial: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mike...afiascum04.swf
Newbie Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Newbie_Guide
Basic Role Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Roles

I'm not posting a How to Play section in here. Either do the reading or don't play. If you aren't big on reading do us all a favor and don't sign up. Furthermore, this game requires some devotion. If you aren't confident that you can read up on this game at least once a day and post something of substance (with the exception of vacations, which you should notify us off ahead of time) don't sign up. All you will do is slow the game down and make it less enjoyable for everyone. If you aren't going to be an active contributor please reconsider playing this game. I will have a fairly strict policy regarding inactives here. I will not hesitate to replace someone who couldn't give a rats *** about the game with an eager replacement.

The Rules:

1.) All votes MUST be bolded. I'm not as lenient as the other mods, sorry. If your vote isn't bolded, it doesn't count. It really isn't that hard. A few keystrokes on your part can save me loads of time and effort trying to pick out all those hard to find non-bold votes.

2.) When changing your vote you MUST unvote whomever you had you vote on just prior. This also MUST be bolded. If you don't it won't count.

3.) Absolutely NO EDITING! You get one warning and that's it. If you edit two times you're gone. I'll either replace you if there are replacements available or mod kill you if there aren't any. However, edit mod kills will not end the day. It's stupid to punish everyone because of one moron.

4.) Unless you are mafia, or your role specifically states that you may do so, there is no outside communication about this game allowed. If I find out that something like that is going on, you'll be replaced/modkilled. No warnings for this rule.

5.) No quoting PM's from me. I don't care if you post the actual thing, or if you forge it. If it looks like a genuine PM from me you're getting replaced/mod killed.

6.) Take the game seriously. Don't ruin everyone else's fun. If I feel you are doing nothing but try to disrupt the game, I'll replace/modkill you. Yes I know this is an ambiguous and vague rule, but I highly doubt I'll have to enforce it.

7.) A lynch occurs when a majority of the players able to vote, vote for a single player. At that time, the person is lynched and any vote changes after that will not be counted. The game then moves into the twilight period, during which players may still post, except the person who was just lynched. Until I post the lynch scene the game is in twilight. After I post the lynch scene the game moves on to night and NO POSTING IS ALLOWED! If you have a question please PM me. Don't post. There is no need to. Even the person who just died needs to wait until the next morning to post their "Bah humbug, go town/mafia!" post (which for those of you who don't know may not contain any info relating to the game). Only after I post stating the new day has begun, can players begin to post again.

8.) I reserve the right to place deadlines on lynches, night role choices, etc. I will extend, shorten or lift these deadlines as I see fit. All deadlines will be placed in an effort to speed up the game should it become lethargic.

9.) I'm the mod. Respect me and I'll respect you. Whatever I say goes, at least within the threshold of this game. Don't argue with me. If you absolutely think that something I did was unfair, and have some nice reasoning to back it up, take it up with me via PM. I WILL listen if your PM meets the aforementioned requirements. Leave the thread space for the actual game.

10.) My elastic clause. ^_^ I may add to or alter these rules as I see fit. However, in the event that I should add a rule, people who had already broken it will not be punished, since that's how we do it in America.

Oh yeah, remember to obey all of the SWF rules. I obviously can't enforce them, but the people who can, can do way meaner stuff than modkill/replace you from a forum game. XP

THIS GAME WILL BE LONG! BEAR THAT IN MIND WHEN DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT TO PLAY!

Feel free to post comments or criticisms of the ruleset and whatnot in the thread during signups. Once the game starts though, please take any of that to PM land.

Win Conditions

Mafia: If you are mafia alligned, you win when it is logically impossible for the mafia to lose any more members.

So yeah I think that's everything.... GO!

Unlike previous moderators I WILL NOT BE SYMPATHETIC to people who are inactive, this game is designed so that there are no essential characters making it very easy for me to modkill you at will. I will be carefully screening entrants, and I will give those I don't know the benefit of the doubt but don't think that if you don't notify me off your absences and have a good reason I won't kill you.

-Spam Master

1. Marshigio
2. Mr. Lombardi34
3. Blazer
4. Handorin
5. Camo-man
6. Smashman90
7. Eor
8. tmw_redcell
9. meowkitty007
10. Flipstar
11. Tom
12. KevinM
13. Natirasha
14. Vudor
15.Pikacunoob7
16.The executive replaced by mccloud
17. Lance87

Replacements:
1. FrozenFlame
2. smashbot226
3. Drab Emodrnilap

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Decisive Games was dead for a while, what with the new release. A few months before things really get rolling? Or maybe after the Fool's joke tomorrow?

Anyway, spam, how about delaying the game's start until you have at least 5 replacements? Hellhouse has had around 10 (?) people quit throughout the course of the game, and, as you know, now has no replacements :(.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
I'll join. Hopefully I won't be as much as a noob as i was in hellhouse >.> (i doubt it)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmm, that ruleset looks strangely familiar...

XP I'm contemplating playing. I have a lot on my plate ATM what with APs and junk like that coming up. You can sign me up as a replacement for now but I can almost guarantee that if in two weeks this game hasn't started I'll play.

vudore

Smash Rookie
You can count me /in, starting May 1st, replacement until then. If you need me to provide "credentials," just let me know: I know what I'm doing ;).

Handorin

Smash Hero
At the rate we are going, you dont need to be a replacement at the moment. I doubt we will fill 6 spots in 3 days.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I've got to assign roles and write up the exact wording of everyones characters. Everyones character should be out by Wensday at the very latest.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Sent out some roles ut am very tired, finish tommorow.

Also, natirasha clear your inbox

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Still haven't gotten mine.

And the game hasn't started yet.

FYI now, I will be away all next weekend (Friday-Monday).

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys smashboards has not been working for me at all lately, my pm's just don't go through

I'm goin over to friends house to send them tommorow.

Top Bottom