• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Mafia (Ruined)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wow, a lot freaking happened while I was gone today. None of which Im pleased happened.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry guys, This game is done with, to due ***.

There were 4 families each with an informant, a killer, a body guard and a godfather.
Everyone's family set up was the same, and eor was the police chief the only true town member.

Everyday an informant would be able to give the name of a family member, save the godfather, and once eor picked up their info he could have them killed at any point in the game he wanted.

I thought it would have been fun as you all realized that there was no town and only mafia members and hence the reason for the name. But, unfortunately I made the mistake of letting in somebody who i didn't know.

I am currently in the process of making a new mafia game or maybe an rpg, and ruining natirasha's ****.

vudore

Smash Rookie
Well... that's an interesting setup, although I really wouldn't call it a mafia game. ;p

That was a petty thing to do though, _Natirasha. I would be upset if a mod told me "stop sucking or be replaced," but I wouldn't reveal my PMs. Oh well; it was nice getting to know you guys. I might play again in a month or two.

I don't see why an informant dying would ruin the whole game.

_Natirasha

Smash Rookie
Um...I won't say I'm sorry but you having a whole tirade against me now because I ruined a mafia game is pretty low, S_M. By the way, your post there is reported already.

_Natirasha

Smash Rookie
Really? No one is doing anything? Really?

S_M, I understand you hate me, but...really? Your taking this a bit too far.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
_Natirasha: I'm sorry you took the steps you did to ruin our game, and I'm sorry your ego was bruised by being called a bad player. I'm sure the mafia community is vastly different here than at mafiascum and that may account for your attitude, but there was no reason for you to break the game for all of us.

Spam_Master: I'm sorry your game was ruined. Though on the record, the set up was very... different.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
ya it was different but still has been played before, I played a game like this when I very first started playing mafia, and it was the most fun I ever had. the only change i really made was the informant and police structure.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
All right, playtime is over.

Spam_master, I understand your anger, but posting private information is REALLY uncalled for. I'm not sure of the validity of it, and thusly I have no idea how to ban you. I was going to do a week, but if it's all fake, that's not very fair, so I'll leave another mod to decide your fate there, but please, in the future, breathe before exacting revenge.

Nati has been temp banned for a week per the rules listed on the 4th page (at 40 posts per page). I have yet to play a game like this, and it did look like a lot of fun, but I find when anyone ruins something intentionally, they are of no use to us here.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If it means anything, please don't ban Spam_Master for the fact that he is the GM of our Diplomacy game and I would really hate to have this catastrophe ruin two separate games I'm playing. =/

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well that's just freaking brilliant, isn't it?

I can't believe the whole game would be ruined just by one person's actions....

It means we can't trust anyone we don't know to play mafia now, in case they go and ruin it like this one.

Thanks for the game SM, I can tell it would have been fun in the long run, and I'm sorry it came to such a sudden end.

Should we reveal our roles, or does everyone have similar roles?

I.e.: One godfather, one informant, one killer and.....someone else.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure the roles were all symmetrical

Four Godfathers
Four Bodyguards
Four Hitmen
Four Undercovers
One Police Chief

it would have been nuts fun

Blazer

Smash Ace
Wow. Here I was thinking, I could leave the other forum I frequent since the mafia games here are actually better (I'm the only one there with skill as a Mod). And clearly I was wrong.

Nat, you suck as a person. Period.
S_M this was a really good concept, and I actually intend to use it for the next mafia game I run. Thanks for the idea.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
God **** you nat, you ruined an excellent concept! Now I'm really pissed, you little troll.

SM, this was a great idea, but thanks to nat, it is spoiled, so it won't work in ANY mafia game from now on. I can't describe how annoyed I am. I've played two mafias here and both ended before they should have.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Thanks Eric for banning him, he really deserved it.

God****, I am pissed. This is the first time anyone has ever ruined a mafia game like that.

I was actually slightly confused about my role, but I think I was a vigilante?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Man, I was really looking forward to being a godfather. I've played town before, and I've played independent before, so this would've completed the trinity. However, I'm glad that Nat was banned, I know these games take a lot of effort to host and stay with. Plus, if he was actually offended by someone telling him that he sucked at a little game like this over the internet, I won't miss him. Truth be told, I was about to put the hammer vote on him even though he was in my family, because of his garbage attitude.

Spam, and/or anyone else who's planning on hosting a mafia game in the near future, do you have any idea when you could get your game up? I'm curious because I've been working on a game since before hellhouse started, and I could probably get it up by the end of next week. I don't think there should be more than one mafia game up at this point, since this room isn't very active right now. There's a few finishing touches I need to put on it, but I'll wait to host mine if somebody expects to host their game sometime soon.

However, if no game is up by...let's say the 2nd of June, I'll probably just host it, so speak up if you want me to wait on you.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Well, I am working on a new mafia game too, but I am still trying to think of any other ideas for abilities and I am wanting to make sure that all of the abilities are balanced before I post my mafia game. I've got enough roles for about 15 people right now. So I might have it up in about a week or so unless I get writer's block.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I was really looking forward to my role =(

spam_master said:
You are Jesus, Bodyguard of the Martinez Family

You can choose to guard anyone you wish for one day and night cycle, a total of 2 times, but if you are attacked you cannot vote the next day due to recuperation. You are in the family with Blazer, Mr.Lombardi34, and Flipstar.

You win when it is impossible to lose any more family members

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Haha, and my first post was going to be a jokingly accusatory "You're ALL Mafia!" I had no idea, I just thought it was "Mafia Mafia" because all the roles would be straight mafia and cop ones. Though I did think it was weird that our family was Japanese when the obvious choice would have been Italian.

I was the godfather of the Yakuza team. It would have been a really fun game. It would have been funny after the first lynch, Yay! We got a mafia! Townies rule." I wonder how long that would have lasted before people stopped pretending to be town and just started trying to murder the other mafia. Try to run bandwagons against other teams during the day, and try to decide who to kill and protect at night.

Nat is a ******, but I'm at least glad he ruined the game at the beginning when there wasn't much invested in it instead of at the end. Next time, if someone makes a post basically saying, "I'm an attention whoring dumb**** who doesn't care about the game," he should be replaced without warning.

Top Bottom