• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think we should have a bastardry counter for each game going forward. Maybe on a scale of 1-5 just so people know how crazy it'll get before starting.

1 for no bastardy and 5 for role madness.

Maven89

Smash Master
Every mafia game doesn’t need a gimmick. You can make a forum game version of Advanced Wars or something without trying to work mafia into it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Sorry for disappearing :^(

At this time I'm not ready to host AC Mafia so I'm more than fine with letting praline go with her PokeMafia 2

Just make sure to give me a full victory this time ;) LOL

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Sorry for disappearing :^(

At this time I'm not ready to host AC Mafia so I'm more than fine with letting praline go with her PokeMafia 2

Just make sure to give me a full victory this time ;) LOL
np at all dude :V

just worried if everythings alrighty over there

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So praline are you going to start PokeMafia 2 now?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I'm gonna make the topic probably later today when i get home.

Also I have a question for everyone. The game I'm gonna be doing has the potential to be really short... if it ends really quickly can I do my other Pokemafia right after or no?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well I guess. Why not just have one average length game?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

Also I have a question for everyone. The game I'm gonna be doing has the potential to be really short... if it ends really quickly can I do my other Pokemafia right after or no?
If it ends that short, I'm fine with it since it's a continuation of the theme of the game, though only if it ends really short.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I think we should have a bastardry counter for each game going forward. Maybe on a scale of 1-5 just so people know how crazy it'll get before starting.

1 for no bastardy and 5 for role madness.
Why does 1 bastardry meant 0 bastardry. What if I want to run a game with 1 bastardry?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Why does 1 bastardry meant 0 bastardry. What if I want to run a game with 1 bastardry?
Uhh.. i was going with like how star ratings go from 1 star to 5 stars... it made sense to me. :/

Also did you not get a mention from me?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Uhh.. i was going with like how star ratings go from 1 star to 5 stars... it made sense to me. :/

Also did you not get a mention from me?
Ah, yeah, I did. I got like 40 notifications last night, lol, I didn't see it. I have seen your game is up, but after last game, stuff like this

The game I'm gonna be doing has the potential to be really short...
and this

Well I’ll just say this game is a bit different from a normal mafia.
makes me a might wary.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ah, yeah, I did. I got like 40 notifications last night, lol, I didn't see it. I have seen your game is up, but after last game, stuff like this

and this

makes me a might wary.
It’s not gonna be as different as Wolfie’s was, and just cause it could be short doesn’t mean it will.. it just might? lol

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ahhh, so that is what "Bastardry: 1" meant.

I thought about it and realized that when you say a game has bastardry, it in turn basically makes it so that no one can reliably trust any mod confirmed information for certain in that same game. :/

That said, a rating system is not a bad idea but I hope people don't start incorporating bastardry into their games. It just shouldn't be a trend at all.

Like, it's OK to experiment, but for example if a host at any point presents information as reasonably factual to players when it is actually false information, it is just not right and ruins the experience. This isn't to be misconstrued with a cop receiving a result after he visits a godfather for example. However, telling a player they are Town in their role pm when in fact they are scum is not ok, and should just never be a thing here (I think we can all agree to this honestly).

On that note, I figure I may as well just put out this general list that covers some of the major culprits of bastardry that should be handled VERY CAREFULLY in games (borrowed from Mafiascum wiki with some additions by me):

• Cults (Bard's addendum: generally cults are only really bad when they can't be reasonably anticipated; it is generally considered good form to offer mod confirmed information and major hints that heavily imply the existence of a cult in a straightforward manner so that everyone knows what to expect).

• Mid-game alignment changes (Bard's addendum: classic example of this would be if a mafioso player was able to convert a town player into a mafia-aligned player after the game has already progressed. However if the mod announces that a change of alignment has occurred in the thread, it subverts bastardry to a degree because players are given a reason to re-analyze their town reads instead of letting a converted player ride their early game play from when they were Town.)

• Moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (Bard's addendum: this part basically refers to lying in role PMs. However it also encompasses presenting false flips after lynches/kills. Just don’t ever do this).

• Secret win conditions (Bard's addendum: players can't knowingly play towards a secret win condition so there's basically no skill involved in randomly achieving a secret win condition. It is especially bad if that secret win condition ends the game...do not ever do this).

• Un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation (Bard's layman's terms: means assigning roles to players manually without informing the roster instead of just randomly assigning roles.)

• Direct moderator influence during the game (Bard's addendum: for example, if the mod encourages people to lynch a specific player that is getting on everyone's nerves, it's considered to be bastardry. Even if that player is annoying, the mod needs to remain indifferent and impartial when carrying out their duties as a host. Another example of this would be like if the mod unprovoked heavily implies a player to be town when there was no good reason to do so).

There's other things that constitute bastardry but these are the ones to definitely look out for. If any hosts want to talk to me about bastardry to get a better understanding, just let me know.

I'm not going to be an authoritative draconian wiener about it (I'm just one man and recognize that I’m just a single opinion, ultimately) but hosts need to be aware that their players are not going to be pleased when one of the aforementioned culprits of bastardry on that list ends up seeing play. Trust me on this, lol. Ok I'm done rambling about it, I've said what I needed to say, yada yada.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
An example of light bastardry is my Monty Python mafia, where almost everyone had a fake role and were really vanilla. In return, their action results were given as complete nonsense, leading almost every player to realize what was going on by day 2, as well as giving the town a role cop that was real and would get results as “fake vigilante” if they targeted the vig.

Despite that, it wasn’t a very fun game, definitely more fun for me to come up with than it was for people to play, but no one left it pissed off. Overall bastardry is something to avoid. People just don’t like it

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess I’ll confirm now that Pokemafia 4 is the last one I’ll do. This one I’m feeling a bit more ambitious with and want 2 cohosts to help me. Red if he’s up for it and someone else.

D

Deleted member

There seems to be a lot of anti-night rules in these games lately.
I understand why, but it is not the same without all of the chaos. Call me "stupid", but I will allow anyone to make any PM without any restrictions at night.

I think you should be allowed to do your Pokemafia next if it is really short.
Plus, I would take Pokemafia 2 over most mafias.
people don't like getting ****ed with
That is true, but it is a part of life for almost everyone.
One way or another, that will happen.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So vaanrose vaanrose you can have Scooby Doo mafia and I’ll be your cohost.

Also either Jojalole Jojalole can have the Dragon Ball Super mafia or he and I can both be cohosts and get a third person to be the main host.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Also either Jojalole Jojalole can have the Dragon Ball Super mafia or he and I can both be cohosts and get a third person to be the main host.
Whaaaaaaaaaat???? Whyyyyyyyy??

But you're a really good host!!! RIP :^(

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Whaaaaaaaaaat???? Whyyyyyyyy??

But you're a really good host!!! RIP :^(
I think I’m better as a cohost. I mean Red did pretty much everything for Pokemafia once the game started. I’m still gonna host the 2 last Pokemafia games after I do this one.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i still gotta get my game up and written down, and get that in a review :tired:

blargh remember i was suppose to do that in like mid july but **** got so busy its never gotten around to get down

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

I think I’m better as a cohost. I mean Red did pretty much everything for Pokemafia once the game started. I’m still gonna host the 2 last Pokemafia games after I do this one.
Aww, that's a shame, but if you think it's better that way, then so be it.

I don't think I can handle the tournament of power mafia, I don't know how to implement the idea you had and while I like DB, I don't have as much knowledge as with other series. So I dunno what will happen with that game...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Aww, that's a shame, but if you think it's better that way, then so be it.

I don't think I can handle the tournament of power mafia, I don't know how to implement the idea you had and while I like DB, I don't have as much knowledge as with other series. So I dunno what will happen with that game...
I’ll still work on it probably but it’ll go on hold until we find someone competent enough to handle it lol

D

Deleted member

I admit, I understand why hosts put night restrictions in their game, but...

I will not put any night restrictions in my mafia, because it is quite fun talking to your buddies about who is the baddy, I admit.

Even if it is complete chaos at times. Especially when I am the sole host.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel like putting a bastardry level on my game was a bad idea...

Also I think maybe putting one at all in games is just a bad idea, we should just keep from doing any bastardry.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think we all just need to be on the same page regarding what bastardry is.

This post identifies what is generally agreed to be bastardry according to an online consensus (this extends outside of smashboards, and is derived from mafiascum which is one of the more respectable sites). However, there are certain roles or mechanics that people here have suggested are not bastardry despite being considered bastardry by the aforementioned consensus.

We should talk more about it though when your game is over praline praline :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I’m cancelling Pokemafia 2 indefinitely.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Just give the ruleset an overhaul and start the game whenever you feel like hosting.

D

Deleted member

I would love to cut, but that is never happening.

Also what is going to happen next? A break perhaps?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I changed my mind. I’m not anymore.

Also Coricus Coricus Pokechu Pokechu are either of you ready?
LOL

I'm sooooo sorry I keep on pushing AC mafia away but I've had high hopes for it and want it to come at a time where I know I can make it the shmack it deserves to be!

So if Cori's not ready either, heeeere's to PokeMafia 2!!

D

Deleted member

LOL

I'm sooooo sorry I keep on pushing AC mafia away but I've had high hopes for it and want it to come at a time where I know I can make it the shmack it deserves to be!

Uhhh, than can I take the 1 spot please? :troll:

I am just kidding, than either Pokemafia 2 or the person after you.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
LOL

No way I’m not going twice in a row. That was only if Opo got lynched day 1. I can’t handle the stress of hosting 2 games consecutively.

It’s vaanrose vaanrose turn then if he’s ready.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
No way I’m not going twice in a row. That was only if Opo got lynched day 1. I can’t handle the stress of hosting 2 games consecutively.

It’s vaanrose vaanrose turn then if he’s ready.
Awww phooey

That makes sense, though! I haven't hosted yet so I'm blind to all that stress :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom