• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Now that this game is out of the way, I'll contact you about getting the Ace Attorney game set up some time later today or tomorrow. I have a few ideas worked out, but there are still a couple of things I haven't settled on yet.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
No way I’m not going twice in a row. That was only if Opo got lynched day 1. I can’t handle the stress of hosting 2 games consecutively.

It’s vaanrose vaanrose turn then if he’s ready.
Technically my game is ready, but I'm not in a position where I can run it. Literally my last week of school ever right now.

D

Deleted member

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Would you be able to start balancing the MHA Mafia roles? It's still some games away but I'd like to have it ready if necessary.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Yeah, so why don't we run something short like another open setup to fill the week's gap, y'all? That probably makes more sense than a very long game.

vaan could just start signups, for that matter. There doesn't need to be constant gameplay.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yeah no can you remove my games into the eventually pile thanks.

Incase I ever ever get active here again.

D

Deleted member

praline praline
May you please add Nabe and Giraffe to my FMA:B mafia in the queue?
Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
In a hypothetical FFA cult game in the future, I was thinking about how to handle the priority problem when multiple people try to convert the same person in a phase.

What if, like in the game I did, if two players used Red Arrows to make a single player fall in love, the arrows both fail. Maybe the flavor justification would be too many people tips the target off, or the two players vying for the opportunity prevent one another from achieving.

Point is, players can't just shoot for a player without thinking because they'd have to ask themselves: would others be converting that player? It would also give an opportunity for players to make a big gamble: shoot for a player in the hopes that everyone else is too afraid to try and fail, wasting a phase.

On the other hand, players would have to think about who would be the safe targets: the ones that likely will be left untouched by others.

I don't know, adds a layer of complexity to it while also being fair to everyone.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yeah no can you remove my games into the eventually pile thanks.

Incase I ever ever get active here again.
Oh noooo

Where are you poofing to??? You're cool! RIP

Don't disappear for too long! :laugh:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Put up a potential Platinum End FFA sequel on the eventually list.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m gonna start work on a Safari Zoned 2. It’s gonna be all around better than the original. So I’m putting it in the eventually list.

Maybe I coukd get Bar and Vaan to help me this time.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I know that I'm not on the queue yet but I sent Vaan a PM and he said I could go ahead and host now. I'm going to have my sign up post up by the end of the day. I think you guys are going to have a lot of fun with this!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Shiny, when you first read my last post, how did they make you feel? Probably a little upset, right? It might have made you feel unconsidered and ignored. It might have made you feel undervalued or of lesser value compared to me. It might have made you feel a few things. Let's unpack why. There may be more but the two main reasons are:

- Even if I were to sign up today, there are a number of people before me that I would have gotten to skip over, including you
- It's not fair to let one person skip the line and not everyone else

Do you understand? Not amount of excitedness makes up for how unfair this would be to you and the greater community.

Being excited does not excuse badgering players until they give in to your demands
Being excited does not excuse disregarding the turn system the community has agreed on
Being excited does not excuse prioritizing your own wants over everyone else's

Shiny, being excited is one thing but it does not give you a pass to act however you please. Please, be patient as you've been asked a few times now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom