• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I know that I'm not on the queue yet but I sent Vaan a PM and he said I could go ahead and host now. I'm going to have my sign up post up by the end of the day. I think you guys are going to have a lot of fun with this!
I mean if Shiny has to wait you have to also.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Paging Coricus Coricus where aaaaree youuuuuu
Yeah I'm still not ready yet, LOL

Read the thread yesterday but accidentally took the wrong dosage of my antidepressants for the time of day I took it and spent the day thrown for a loop as a result so I didn't quite have the focus to respond at the time.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah I'm still not ready yet, LOL

Read the thread yesterday but accidentally took the wrong dosage of my antidepressants for the time of day I took it and spent the day thrown for a loop as a result so I didn't quite have the focus to respond at the time.
Well then I think it’s #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe next.

So Nabe you ready?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Might as well tell this here since I already started working on it without realising lol. I want Monster Hunter mafia on the eventually list.

I've played a lot of MH World and I thought that the idea of MH translated really easy into a mafia setup. Town would be the monsters, and the mafia the hunters. Monsters can fight between them but their ultimate goal is to get rid of the hunters, while hunters... Well, they kill monsters, and communication is key between hunting partners. It's just a perfect fit hahaha.

One thing I want to discuss here. I want to give fake claims to the hunters so they don't have to worry if they don't know the flavor, but I don't know how they should be handled. For example, should I just say "You can use this monster as a fake claim because it fits your abilities" or just simply give a list of monsters not in the game so that they choose whatever they please?

I'll also try to make this game more vanilla compared to the role madness I usually do lol.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Might as well tell this here since I already started working on it without realising lol. I want Monster Hunter mafia on the eventually list.

I've played a lot of MH World and I thought that the idea of MH translated really easy into a mafia setup. Town would be the monsters, and the mafia the hunters. Monsters can fight between them but their ultimate goal is to get rid of the hunters, while hunters... Well, they kill monsters, and communication is key between hunting partners. It's just a perfect fit hahaha.

One thing I want to discuss here. I want to give fake claims to the hunters so they don't have to worry if they don't know the flavor, but I don't know how they should be handled. For example, should I just say "You can use this monster as a fake claim because it fits your abilities" or just simply give a list of monsters not in the game so that they choose whatever they please?

I'll also try to make this game more vanilla compared to the role madness I usually do lol.
I'll add you when I get home

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Well then I think it’s #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe next.

So Nabe you ready?
Vaan is ready to go, he just has school for another week.
Yeah, I'll have more time after next week. Last class is on the 16th
There's signups for another open setup to start before then to fill in the gap, since it doesn't make any sense to skip Vaan and run a larger game in that time span.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Vaan is ready to go, he just has school for another week.

There's signups for another open setup to start before then to fill in the gap, since it doesn't make any sense to skip Vaan and run a larger game in that time span.
Ah se we are taking a week break then. Good to know.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Man i'm really looking forward to Smash Bros Mafia when that happens.

D

Deleted member

Man i'm really looking forward to Smash Bros Mafia when that happens.
Throwing this flavor idea out in the open for anyone to take if they arem't doing it already: Smash Bros. Mafia but all the roles are based on Assist Trophies instead of playable fighters. Give the little guys a chance to shine.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Throwing this flavor idea out in the open for anyone to take if they arem't doing it already: Smash Bros. Mafia but all the roles are based on Assist Trophies instead of playable fighters. Give the little guys a chance to shine.
I can't wait to be the Infantry and Tanks! :)

Tho I think it should be the AT's plotting their revenge against the playable characters lol.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait to be the Infantry and Tanks! :)

Tho I think it should be the AT's plotting their revenge against the playable characters lol.
I'd do that but that would make the ATs Mafia and I'd like to see most if not all roles based on them. Especially when not all of them are fighting-based so there's a lot to work with.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Horrible idea.
That is not fair.
I will not ask for a cut again, but that rule should not be put in play.
It would be fair. It would not only apply to you but to everyone in that position. Asking to cut once is understandable. Asking to cut once every couple of days is disrespectful.

I'll tell you what though, let's address this together. What do you think is a fair consequence for going back on your word? As you can see in these examples below, you say that you will wait and then you go back on that and ask to cut again.

All right. Sorry about that. [I will be patient and wait in line]
It is just hard, because I am already done with the roles. :p
Can this only be a one-time opportunity then? If Pokechu says yes and everyone is fine with it, than what is the point in not letting me?
Okay, I admit I was getting jerkish.

I guess I will wait my turn. :p
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Everyone please, I beg you!
Those examples are in the past and there's nothing we can do about them. But starting today, what do you suggest we do when someone, anyone, acts in this manner? What do you think is fair?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll tell you what though, let's address this together. What d you think is a fair consequence for going back on your word? As you can see in these examples below, you say that you will wait and then you go back on that and ask to cut again.
Idk, a moderator warning is better than that rule.
Either way, I will actually try to not ask for cuts. Especially when I have two new co-hosts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Idk, a moderator warning is better than that rule.
Either way, I will actually try to ask for cuts. Especially when I have two new co-hosts.
That's one idea, but I'm not sure it's the best one. Warnings haven't always been the strong the deterrent they're meant to be. What are some other ideas you have?

D

Deleted member

That's one idea, but I'm not sure it's the best one. Warnings haven't always been the strong the deterrent they're meant to be. What are some other ideas you have?
I meant "no cuts" by the way.
I will probably not ask for cuts, as I have two new co-hosts.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Even if you don't ask for cuts anymore I think it's still worthwhile to have a rule in place to discourage this behavior from anyone.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think we all understand that cutting in line isn't coo' at this point. I could probably hand out spam warnings or spam infractions to serious offenders if it ever got really bad but I don't think it's necessary.

Last edited:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Maybe. Sometimes it's difficult to want to follow rules when you didn't necessarily agree to them or want them. This doesn't change that but it does give him some agency in allowing him to jointly decide how the rule should be enforced. Ideally, he'd come up with a couple of options and whoever is interested would work together to refine the best option.

I do admit that it may ultimately not be necessary though.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'know I thought of a crazy idea for Smash Bros Mafia that has virtually no chance of happening but would still be amazing.

Imagine if we had Smash Bros Mafia but it's premise is the same as Ultimate's? As in everyone who has ever played Mafia on Smashboards plays this game and we get a full house of like 40 something players in the game.

Of course balancing would be hell but a game that big would be lit. That's my dream.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think it's more like 60 or 70.
That would actually be the same amount roughly as the Smash Ultimate roster lol.

Between everyone from DGames and Nzone I think it could work theoretically.

D

Deleted member

Y'know I thought of a crazy idea for Smash Bros Mafia that has virtually no chance of happening but would still be amazing.

Imagine if we had Smash Bros Mafia but it's premise is the same as Ultimate's? As in everyone who has ever played Mafia on Smashboards plays this game and we get a full house of like 40 something players in the game.

Of course balancing would be hell but a game that big would be lit. That's my dream.
That was my intention with the NintenZone Mafia Crossover, but rather bringing all the roles back

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Them: IW is the biggest crossover event in history!

Nintenzone Mafia Ultimate: Hold my beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom