• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So many sequels. Y'all are worse than Hollywood.

"You gotta do what the public wants if you want to be successful and, according to my research, the public wants ****posting and big tiddies so I'll give them ****posting and big tiddies!"

D

Deleted member

Am I gonna be Merric again? lol
Pretty sure the only returning role(in character, not abilities) will be Xander since he's the sole survivor.
We are talking about referencing the previous game in the flavor. Because, well, they're sequels

D

Deleted member

Even then, I think Xander might be flavor text.
Very likely tbh. I dunno if Opo will drop the Horse Emblem premise, he might change it to have the new villains+Veronica and Xander as the Mafia.
Or multiball, I dunno

#MafiaSpeculation

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Chill Tomes/skills seem like the new wave of power to me. Their only counter is a team with Harsh Commands. Add in Fortify/Hones/Tactics in the C slot and Fury/Bonds/Brazen skills in the A slot, phew that's some ridiculous power.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Even then, I think Xander might be flavor text.
Otherwise I'll end up fighting against my old self. Or with. Or I'd end up as Xander again which would actually be kinda funny. :laugh:

Anyways, if I would have one recommendation for the next game: base the abilities off of actual skills in FEH, that'd be interesting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is this the right thread for asking how to make a mafia game? Because I've been thinking of doing a Kirby mafia at some point.

D

Deleted member

Alright, so how do I make my own mafia game? I don't know when it'll happen, but I'd like to prepare it ahead of time.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Alright, so how do I make my own mafia game? I don't know when it'll happen, but I'd like to prepare it ahead of time.
You're put on the bottom a queue (or you can ask to be in an "eventually" section too).

You're free to plan your game as you please until you're ready and it's your turn to host a game.

D

Deleted member

You're put on the bottom a queue (or you can ask to be in an "eventually" section too).

You're free to plan your game as you please until you're ready and it's your turn to host a game.
My question was how to plan it.
I wasn't clear about that, my bad.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think I want to run a sort of contest thread for who should partner with me on my game. Would that be alright? Each participant would send a PM containing a role pitch for a townie, and the top two picks would be chosen as co-hosts while each pick after that would be put on an "emergency contact" cue. Probably leave it open for a while, give more people time to join the group. Would that be fine? I feel like dedicating a topic to it would get the best results in this case.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think I want to run a sort of contest thread for who should partner with me on my game. Would that be alright? Each participant would send a PM containing a role pitch for a townie, and the top two picks would be chosen as co-hosts while each pick after that would be put on an "emergency contact" cue. Probably leave it open for a while, give more people time to join the group. Would that be fine? I feel like dedicating a topic to it would get the best results in this case.
I can share with you the list of interesting roles ive found online. But that's it. I would much rather play...
So that way I can help without knowing anything about the game.
My question was how to plan it.
I wasn't clear about that, my bad.
well everyone does it differently. I just brainstorm ideas in a google docs and thats it. make up some roles etc. You need to figure it out yourself.

Last edited:
I think you will need to give at least basic guidelines

Are you looking for vanilla? Chaos? Certain min or max of abilites?

If someone writes a chaos role for a vanilla game, you probably arent going to get good results lol.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I can share with you the list of interesting roles ive found online. But that's it. I would much rather play...
So that way I can help without knowing anything about the game.
You could put the roles on the thread without actually submitting to the contest. That way everyone making mafia games can have a little reference to dig through and people have slightly more reason to pop in.

I think you will need to give at least basic guidelines

Are you looking for vanilla? Chaos? Certain min or max of abilites?

If someone writes a chaos role for a vanilla game, you probably arent going to get good results lol.
What's the difference between vanilla and chaos?

I mean, other than the difference between an ice cream cone and a soul sucking parasite, obviously.

I made up the chaos term so this isn't really an official definition but. . .
You could put the roles on the thread without actually submitting to the contest. That way everyone making mafia games can have a little reference to dig through and people have slightly more reason to pop in.

I mean, other than the difference between an ice cream cone and a soul sucking parasite, obviously.
vanilla is like my game. Everything is basic.

Chaos is more crazy and absurd. Chaos roles are generally more absurd with crazy events. Something simple like "kill a player" is vanilla. but "kill a player and then their corpse explodes the next day causing *insert weird variable here*" would be more chaotic.

D

Deleted member

If anyone ever wants me to co-host their game, just know I'd be willing to if it's a theme I'm at least somewhat familiar with, could even make up some roles if needed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Chaos is more crazy and absurd. Chaos roles are generally more absurd with crazy events. Something simple like "kill a player" is vanilla. but "kill a player and then their corpse explodes the next day causing *insert weird variable here*" would be more chaotic.
Oh I definitely don't want my game to be stalebread. Part of the reason inspired helpers would be nice, I'm not sure if it'll get as crazy as I want it to be with me on my own. Granted, I want the roles to make sense, but. . .well you know Uprising. Shouldn't be restrained, either. I'm pretty sure I was intending to clarify that I would favor more creative and inspired submissions, but I do tend to mentally blank out a lot too.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

yh I did that before when the list was smaller.

or just make an incredibly unbalanced game like my last one with overly complex roles. Some people were basically 3-4 roles in one.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh I definitely don't want my game to be stalebread. Part of the reason inspired helpers would be nice, I'm not sure if it'll get as crazy as I want it to be with me on my own. Granted, I want the roles to make sense, but. . .well you know Uprising. Shouldn't be restrained, either. I'm pretty sure I was intending to clarify that I would favor more creative and inspired submissions, but I do tend to mentally blank out a lot too.
There's a negative consequence to games having standard roles more than just a lack of fun, it also makes lying about roles much more difficult, or even makes it unclear to the mafia whether or not they must/should.

Also is Hades in the flavor? Because if not I want him as a role. >.>

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There's a negative consequence to games having standard roles more than just a lack of fun, it also makes lying about roles much more difficult, or even makes it unclear to the mafia whether or not they must/should.

Also is Hades in the flavor? Because if not I want him as a role. >.>
The flavor text is currently planned to involve all forumites actually using Idol Cards as proxies while the real characters heckle from the sidelines, so you don't have to worry too much about the flavor getting in the way LOL.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have a solid idea on who the 3rd party/parties are.
Is it that obvious already? :x I only have like two or three half baked roles in a decent state and I'm already getting them guessed out from under me.

But of course, even if you're reading my mind right now, it still won't necessarily help in game LOL.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Is it that obvious already? :x I only have like two or three half baked roles in a decent state and I'm already getting them guessed out from under me.

But of course, even if you're reading my mind right now, it still won't necessarily help in game LOL.
I mean... Kid Icarus isn't exactly a franchise with a lot of major characters...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I mean... Kid Icarus isn't exactly a franchise with a lot of major characters...
I guess not, LOL.

Even so, I do intend to screw with people's expectations during the game in as many ways as possible even with a limited cast.

And just because a role is expected doesn't mean it can't be a mess to actually deal with, LOL.

Hopefully amping up the complexity will help the game be a bit more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom