• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm going to assume you like the sound of it....? :p
I just like to roast White about how that specific character did not work well with the role he set up for him :p

Jokes aside though, I think it's a really weird experiment worth looking into.

You just need to find a way to not make it absolutely overwhelming because Cult Leader isn't necessarily the most fair and balanced role...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just like to roast White about how that specific character did not work well with the role he set up for him :p

Jokes aside though, I think it's a really weird experiment worth looking into.

You just need to find a way to not make it absolutely overwhelming because Cult Leader isn't necessarily the most fair and balanced role...
Yeah, it is an odd role. I haven't seen it often, but I've dealt with them in Mafia rounds before.

Basing an entire game around it is an idea I'd like to try, with that specific theme in mind, but at the same time I'm just not sure if it's possible to make it work well. Considering that Cultists typically lose their powers upon recruitment, maybe players could potentially rat the scum out by trying to test their claims, only for them to fail. I've also thought about having there be a different type of Cop role with their Check power having some relation to the blood tests the characters try in the movie.

I can say with absolute certainty that if it does happen, it won't be before at least one of my other rounds first, because I need to get a better handle on Mafia with an easier round to do before trying something that different. It's either gonna PotC, Samurai Jack, or a fourth theme I've had in mind.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
RIP the Bill Cipher flavor texts :p
Eh, maybe I might still do it someday.. I've just been kinda trying to doing avoid themes that I know other folk I've played with have already done before.

Your guess technically isn't far off though. My last idea is one I like to call "Star Vs. the Forces of Mafia."

You can blame that on the fact that I've really been enjoying that show for a while now. :p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
RIP the Bill Cipher flavor texts :p
ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP YOU ONE-LIFESPAN, THREE-DIMENSIONAL, FIVE-SKINNED PUPPETS! NAME'S BILL CIPHER, AND I'M YOUR NEW GOD NOW!

AS MY FIRST COMMANDMENT, YOU GUYS ARE GONNA KILL EACH OTHER IN THIS DUMB HUMAN GAME YOU CALL "MAFIA" BECAUSE THAT SOUNDS FUN!

WHOEVER WINS GETS DEER TEETH!

Seriously, if someone ever does a GF Mafia, call me. I wanna co-host just to flavor as Bill :laugh:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP YOU ONE-LIFESPAN, THREE-DIMENSIONAL, FIVE-SKINNED PUPPETS! NAME'S BILL CIPHER, AND I'M YOUR NEW GOD NOW!

AS MY FIRST COMMANDMENT, YOU GUYS ARE GONNA KILL EACH OTHER IN THIS DUMB HUMAN GAME YOU CALL "MAFIA" BECAUSE THAT SOUNDS FUN!

WHOEVER WINS GETS DEER TEETH!

Seriously, if someone ever does a GF Mafia, call me. I wanna co-host just to flavor as Bill :laugh:

Just not terribly soon. :p

D

Deleted member

I did consider a GF Mafia but I had no idea who could be Mafia besides Gideon and Bill himself.
Actually, a whole list of themes I considered for my first game and for the second one in the queue:
-Gravity Falls
-Bungou Stray Dogs(no one knows it here and the Good Guy™ cast was already linited to begin with)
-Gainax/Trigger
-Fullmetal Alchemist(would have gone through if the recent issues with theming didn't come up)
-Juuni Taisen(for the free-for-all idea but that'd have a limit of 12 players, basically)

In the end, all things come back to Fate...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think I know GFs well enough to host a Mafia about it.

But I won't claim it just yet if someone and/or anyone else has strongly considered it as well.

Again, I haven't brought it up because I've already played a Mafia game with that same theme before.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
i thought of an idea, what if there were no mafia. just a bunch of 3rd parties and a town. probs wont work unless the 3rd parties are kinda OP at least some of them and maybe have to get rid of eachother too. eh idk.

also 2 large mafias, trying to kill eachother, but that takes away the who is who aspect and basically becomes a strategy war game.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
In our old group we had a Gravity Falls mafia, but I think it got closed midway because of shenanigans. I was mafia for the first time, handpicked as the Godfather, Gideon. I was salty as hell I think because someone died, saw the dead PM, and was brought back or something like that.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
http://town-of-salem.wikia.com/wiki/Roles

they have some really interesting roles I'd like to see be implemented. I didn't use much of those in Animafia and only based my roles based on some of thier names (well just the 3rd parties) and used MafiaScum roles, but even if my necromancer was like the basic one described there, it would be a better and actual necromancer XD.

It's confusing though because some are the exact same thing to what we are used to, just different names. Like "Consort" is just the mafia blocker rather than something we did not have yet.

But it amazes me on how many potential roles mafia has...and that's without making up new ones not invented yet.

Also I'm getting worried diplomacy wouldn't be as fun as a simple last team standing thing. Guess i'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
i'd laugh if the mafia fakeclaims a character that is already in town in the pokemon mafia.

the chances of that happening are super tiny.

D

Deleted member

i'd laugh if the mafia fakeclaims a character that is already in town in the pokemon mafia.

the chances of that happening are super tiny.
I got literally only 3rd Part roles ever since I started playing when the odds were below 1% and I got a Vlad III instead of a rate up Arturia, my luck is bad enough that if I happen to be Mafia, I'm sure to fakeclaim a Pokemon already in.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I got literally only 3rd Part roles ever since I started playing when the odds were below 1% and I got a Vlad III instead of a rate up Arturia, my luck is bad enough that if I happen to be Mafia, I'm sure to fakeclaim a Pokemon already in.
I’m gonna bet you won’t get third party in my pokemon mafia.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't wait until Shishœ gets to reprise his role as Sonic for Smash Mafia.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If one could put me in the eventually slot, that'd be appreciated.

I am interested, just unsure of what I'd want to do in particular.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If one could put me in the eventually slot, that'd be appreciated.

I am interested, just unsure of what I'd want to do in particular.
hopefully in the meantime you will join some games as a player?
edit: that awkward moment when you're sorta blanked.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
OH NO

that's not me yes it is

at least i lived for two months before being exposed

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Why do you even have an alt?
I wanted to format some of the roles of my AC mafia game. Like I needed someone to send it to so I can see how the roles would look lol

I still can't even remember if it's [spoil][.spoiler] or :laugh:

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh well that post was a bully to format, it's spoiler and im not forgetting that now lol

D

Deleted member

praline praline sign me up automatically please.
I will be busy so I might not be as active, but I will try to make time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay...

My finals are done...

I'd be willing to do stuff....

After I crash...

For like two days.

Zzzzzzzz

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh **** I didn't even get my nap.

RIP

Also Opossum Opossum

I am sleep deprived.

Badly.

Could you maybe update the queue?

I don't trust myself right now.

D

Deleted member

Alright the pokemon mafia topic will be made in about 30 minutes.
YES! I can just relax for a bit and return... nice! :)
Oh **** I didn't even get my nap.

RIP

Also Opossum Opossum

I am sleep deprived.

Badly.

Could you maybe update the queue?

I don't trust myself right now.
I sure hope Opossum does update it, because sleep deprivation is not healthy. Go get some sleep please.
I am concerned for the well beings of my friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Alright. The wait for the next game made me motivated so done some work beyond the general concept and basic ideas. So basically I will need 15 active players so hoping that won't be an issue, otherwise if there are less even if 14 an entire team has to be taken out of the game. If somehow more than 15 then simply a new team is created or others are expanded, but I'm happy enough with a size of 15.

Oh and btw, please add me for a GOT Mafia: Season 2 wherever that is on this long queue. Theres too many unused characters and season 2 depending how this one goes might work fundamentally differently.

So noones gonna do Akame ga Kill or HxH hmm.
Bump. It wasn't clear cos in middle for when it gets updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom