• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Game Queue and Sign Up Thread - Mention me about queue updates please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Wow, just read this, you guys started throwing themes like it was nothing, I hope nobody...

Since it's been suggested, I feel forced to reveal the theme of my game just in case someone claims it for himself. It stayed hidden this long because I couldn't decide between three different themes, but I'll go with the one I'm most proud of.

Yes, my game is going to be a Xenoblade game! Only Xenoblade 1, 2 and X, no Xenogears nor Xenosaga. The game also has a gimmick that either makes it or breaks it, hope you guys look forward to it.
Wow, kind of funny that we both had the same idea:laugh:

Honestly, if I have the free time or feel like I will be experienced enough by the time that the game takes place, I wouldn't mind co-hosting the game.

D

Deleted member

After some consideration, I've decided on my future game's theme, and it's going to be based on Fullmetal Alchemist.
If we're gonna do weeb themes, we better do it right, damnit.
If anyone is curious(no one is, I know that), the other weeb themes I had considered(besides RWBY) were Bungou Stray Dogs(the villains are literally the Port Mafia, this **** writes itself), Steven Universe and a Gainax/Trigger theme.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Alright. The wait for the next game made me motivated so done some work beyond the general concept and basic ideas. So basically I will need 15 active players so hoping that won't be an issue, otherwise if there are less even if 14 an entire team has to be taken out of the game. If somehow more than 15 then simply a new team is created or others are expanded, but I'm happy enough with a size of 15.

Oh and btw, please add me for a GOT Mafia: Season 2 wherever that is on this long queue. Theres too many unused characters and season 2 depending how this one goes might work fundamentally differently.
After some consideration, I've decided on my future game's theme, and it's going to be based on Fullmetal Alchemist.
If we're gonna do weeb themes, we better do it right, damnit.
If anyone is curious(no one is, I know that), the other weeb themes I had considered(besides RWBY) were Bungou Stray Dogs(the villains are literally the Port Mafia, this **** writes itself), Steven Universe and a Gainax/Trigger theme.
So noones gonna do Akame ga Kill or HxH hmm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, I don't know if this is possible, but if it is, I'd like to reserve somewhere in July to host my game. Because it's the one time in the year I know I'll be able to dedicate myself to hosting the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Would any of you be willing to co-host for either of my upcoming games? In particular I think I'm going to need someone's help in balancing roles, if you're experienced and confident with that part of mafia. I'm fairly certain that the Samurai Jack one is going to be the more difficult of the two to design and balance. I could use some help with the Pirates one too, regardless of whether or not it will be my first game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Swampy, DBZ Victory goes to the townies.
Now for the Pokemon mafia by Praline, all though that has not started yet. Lets encourage her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey praline praline

I'm going to make a small recommendation.

Mind if we all take a little break first?

Like... maybe a week or two before we start the next one. I think we're a tad burnt out.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hey praline praline

Like... maybe a week or two before we start the next one. I think we're a tad burnt out.
I was actually gonna mention this. Plus it'll give me time to fully flesh out the roles in our "season 2" of the mafia.

D

Deleted member

Change my game's theme to hidden. I haven't decided what yet but I'll try figure out a more neutral theme.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Yeah, speaking of themes, as I said on the graveyard, can't have a Xenoblade mafia, way too theme dependant. I'd like to put that theme on the "eventually" list, to see if we can somehow make that work someday (the game is done, and I don't want to lose it lol).

And, I don't want to lose my spot on the queue, so just let the theme hidden for now. I almost have a neutral theme done, have to flesh out some roles, and I think it will be done (also, the theme opens for some funny hosting, I'm really looking forward to it). But I agree with having some rest from mafia, it's an exhausting game after all.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well since we are taking a break.

@redfeatherraven mind if I finish up roles or the diplomacy concept we start a PM about Got. There's a few ways I thought of on how the game will work just really don't know what's the most fun one or if some do work.

Tho probs just the concept stuff. Don't want to get your attention away from pralines game too much. Roles can wait, actually everything can really wait.

I need to change the flavour anyway so that abilities don't have specific names. That way it's more neutral.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol, nevermind, I just realised Swamp never edited my supposed theme in.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
A break sounds good. I might not even be able to join the next game anyway, but either way, I'd prefer to wait on it just a bit.

Meanwhile I still don't know which of my themes I should go for first.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I JUST HAD A ****ING VISION WHILE AT WORK!

I THOUGHT OF THE ONE THEME I'M SHOCKED NO ONE THOUGHT OF!

SWAMP! PUT ME ON "EVENTUALLY" FOR A SUPER SMASH MAFIA!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Depending on how well my pokemon mafia goes on our return I have 2 ideas for mafia games.

The obvious one being Sailor Moon. The other being a Scooby Doo one where the mafia(Fred, Daphne, Velma and Shaggy) have to get the town(past villains) recaptured.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Reverse mafia? (where the bad guys are the good guys)

Me likee.
Pretty much. lol

It was also the only way a Scooby Doo one could work.

**** it I think I’ll start working on it anyways. Obviously Space Kook and Creeper will be in it. But who else... hmm hmm hmm...

D

Deleted member

Oh, I like the idea of that Scooby Doo Mafia, I hope it happens eventually

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Yeah, the idea of a reverse mafia sounds cool... But it still has the theme problem we talked about in the graveyard. If I ended up being mafia in that game I wouldn't know who I should fake claim, and therefore I'd be doomed. I think we should center on neutral games, at least for now (still, the Scooby-Mafia is in the eventually, so maybe we will have that problem solved for whenever that happens)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The Scooby Doo mafia wouldn’t happen until like season 5 it’s so far back that you could watch some of the movies or the shows. ;)

D

Deleted member

Hey praline praline

Thank you for saying this. It took me a long time to catch up on the posts from NintendoZone 6.0 and Smash for Speculation, considering Smash for Switch revealed. That adds up a lot to the mental demand. A break would be nice indeed, I am really burned out.
I was actually gonna mention this. Plus it'll give me time to fully flesh out the roles in our "season 2" of the mafia.
I like that idea, and thank you for your mercy. Season 2 of mafia!
I actually might need a two week break as well after Swamp's villain mafia when my mafia game is up.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I thought of another Mafia game concept myself, and it's a fairly unusual one, I think: "The Thing Mafia".

Yes, that Thing. The John Carpenter one.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
An idea percolating in my head about the Smash Mafia I brought up is that some roles would have more than one ability, but you could only use one ability per night.

Could add an interesting layer of strategy, right?

D

Deleted member

An idea percolating in my head about the Smash Mafia I brought up is that some roles would have more than one ability, but you could only use one ability per night.

Could add an interesting layer of strategy, right?
I mean, tbh, that's nothing new, we've had that ever since the FEH mafia(Innes Cop+Nidhogg check, Saber Lie detector+PM snoop, Merric redirector+PM spy, etc).
Not that I don't like it, but it's hard to give it to EVERYONE.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean, tbh, that's nothing new, we've had that ever since the FEH mafia(Innes Cop+Nidhogg check, Saber Lie detector+PM snoop, Merric redirector+PM spy, etc).
Not that I don't like it, but it's hard to give it to EVERYONE.
Yeah. That's why I'm not planning to give it to everyone either.

Besides, some roles are more than good enough on their own to not need a second ability.

D

Deleted member

Ok, change my game's theme to Fate/Free-For-All.
This is surely to be an unbalanced mess with everyone having a different victory condition but I want to try it out.
Besides, I just want an excuse to do more Fate flavors :p

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I JUST HAD A ****ING VISION WHILE AT WORK!

I THOUGHT OF THE ONE THEME I'M SHOCKED NO ONE THOUGHT OF!

SWAMP! PUT ME ON "EVENTUALLY" FOR A SUPER SMASH MAFIA!
nah pretty sure people thought of it but though nah something else instead. at least me anyway :p

Wish Smash happened sooner like in between or before all these anime mafias hahah. Just more variety.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
nah pretty sure people thought of it but though nah something else instead. at least me anyway :p

Wish Smash happened sooner like in between or before all these anime mafias hahah. Just more variety.
I mean, it's a good general theme everyone knows and there's a LOT of characters, so...

Having one of those every once in a while could be nice.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think a way to make themes neutral as possible is not link ability names to what you doing. Like there doesn't need to be a thematic name for something basic like a block for example. The fact that they can block is justifiedby the character, or not, and thats as far as the need for knowing the theme goes for abilities. Obviously evil characters are probs evil and mafia, but thats easy research.

That's what I'm trying to do in GOT. I gotta change cos naming things is fun when making it but in the end not that good as a whole. Flavour and theme wise its great, but practically, it makes things harder if you dunno the theme. So yh i'm gonna have to do some reshuffling lol.

That said i'm not guranteeing every role will be nameless :p

I think after Pokemon's there will be like 3 days before my sign ups even start. So a mini-break.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah that's one of the main points that would set my Platinum End themed Free-for-all game apart from most. Players would be themselves and the three possible role PMs that people could receive would be in the rules.

The only thing will matter will be the social and strategic game, or so I'd be hoping. Hopefully it doesn't end up too experimental for its own good.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My idea for The Thing Mafia would be experimental as well.

The basic concept I have for it is that, somehow, the default Mafia/Things (there'd probably be less than average amount of default Mafia members so that they couldn't overwhelm everyone too quickly) can infect and assimilate other players to make them into a Thing as well, potentially turning them over to the Mafia side. The Town would have to weed them out quickly before it spreads to too many of their players in order to win.

I'm aware that it's an odd idea and that it might not be very balanced as it sounds so far. Whether this idea of mine actually becomes a reality or not remains to be seen. But for now, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My idea for The Thing Mafia would be experimental as well.

The basic concept I have for it is that, somehow, the default Mafia/Things (there'd probably be less than average amount of default Mafia members so that they couldn't overwhelm everyone too quickly) can infect and assimilate other players to make them into a Thing as well, potentially turning them over to the Mafia side. The Town would have to weed them out quickly before it spreads to too many of their players in order to win.

I'm aware that it's an odd idea and that it might not be very balanced as it sounds so far. Whether this idea of mine actually becomes a reality or not remains to be seen. But for now, what do you guys think?
So basically, instead of the Mafia, we deal with a Cult Leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom