• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

Tomotoya

Smash Apprentice
Whoever wrote "Team Moonwalk" on the desk I randomly choose to sit in today in Bascom 165... You made my freaking morning. :D

:phone:

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I got really sick today in class and passed out. I went to the student/health clinic and they said I've had a pretty bad virus.

Mundungu, gibby, fruitloop. I hope I didn't spread it to you guys. make sure to drink a lot of water if you guys get dizzy.

team moonwalk

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
Are there still smashfests that happen in Madison? I haven't played in like 2 years but saw MK is getting banned and it got me a little excited.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Our meeting this Thursday is in Sift & Winnow on the second floor of Union South. If you come up the main stairway, go straight past the bathrooms and take a right to find it at the end of the hallway. This room doesn't have plug-ins in the table like the swanky places we're used to, so bring a powerstrip if you can.

Well, whoever played snake at the tournament in my bracket hadn't played for awhile either. And he hasn't shown back up at our events either.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
k, I have a powerstrip, it's not mine, but I found it at imbd, sooooooo is anyone missing a powerstrip?. I will bring it along with mvc3/dmc4

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I just checked out the room and it actually has 7 sets of plug-ins, so no need to carry extra stuff.

And Sanchaz, you keep saying "imbd." Dyslexia much?

Moozle

Smash Champion
Guys I'm sorry I've missed so many smashfests. Last week I was in the hospital all day because my friend cut her hand open and tonight my dad is in town. I want to play smashhhhh.

lol I want to start playing more often than on simply Thursday evenings moozle. Hope your friend gets better. Must have been a pretty bad laceration to go to the hospital for ouch!

Does anyone have any free time maybe for a couple of hours after 4:20pm on Mon./Wed?

I'm just focusing on melee this time Yosh, see you there.

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
Ahh Thursdays don't work for me :/. UW School of Bhangra practice. Maybe if anybody gets together on the weekends I might join up.

Swany is my doubles partner, or at least was when we played a lot over a year ago. We used to go to every Wisc+Illinois tourny.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Mundungu: lol, you should sell your copy of mvc3 because of ultimate coming out, hopefully you can get 20-30 bucks for it, I'm going to sell mine next week. HOPEFULLY, this "ultimate" game will be fun, idk, I really, REALLY hated the game after playing alex.

holy ****!!! I felt dizzy after watching this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYgp2OxPVyA&feature=feedf

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I saw it couple days ago and honestly wasn't that impressed. It lacks the flair of other TAS videos like the Falcon, Y. Link, Pichu, or Falcon/Marth team ones.

ORLY

Smash Master
i hope you guys can all make it out this weekend to smash to the future

i'm hosting rat's ridiculous rumble

and probably another round of mario kart: double dash since it went so well at IMDB

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
the double dash tournament made me realize that nintendo puts item blocks the perfect distance from the end of every track so you can use the item, pass your friend, and win the race by a frame. Nintendo is the ultimate troll.

Tomotoya

Smash Apprentice
I saw it couple days ago and honestly wasn't that impressed. It lacks the flair of other TAS videos like the Falcon, Y. Link, Pichu, or Falcon/Marth team ones.
I somewhat agree, with a few exceptions. 0:45-0:51, 2:23-2:27, and 3:02-3:07 (no damage) are pretty sick, and 2:03-2:05 was straight up Team Moonwalk lol. 3:31-3:37 and 3:46-3:51 were the best because they were combos Fruitloop would do ;P

SKELEMOTHEREFFINGTOR!

Smash Rookie
I somewhat agree, with a few exceptions. 0:45-0:51, 2:23-2:27, and 3:02-3:07 (no damage) are pretty sick, and 2:03-2:05 was straight up Team Moonwalk lol. 3:31-3:37 and 3:46-3:51 were the best because they were combos Fruitloop would do ;P
agrree to my ruiling of the unibverse:urg::(:);):bee::embarrass::woman::scared::cool::glare::glare::glare::awesome::urg:

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I hate writing papers....again....and again......and then inserting source.......and then pretending like I know what I'm talking about to get a B.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
wrote a paper for a class that I don't care about, 90% sure that I want to drop the class, and not going to even bother in revising it, what a glorious day.

anyways. see you guys tommorow......or later today

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Last night was soooo hype. I was a part of perhaps the two greatest team edgeguards of all time:

Marth uthrow on Fox -> Sheik fair -> Marth dtilt off the left side of dreamland -> run off counter Fox's up-b -> Marth sourspot reverse up-b that just sent Fox up a little bit -> Sheik run off dair (Marth and Sheik die and Fox lives) -> Me (Marth) and Frank (Sheik) both yell, "SANCHAZ!!!!"

I was just off the right side of Yoshi's as Sheik and got stomped by Frank's Falcon into Jake's off stage shine, which sent me on a down and right angle and also hit Frank (who was fast falling very fast), who wall jump teched it into a suicide knee.

That combo was longer than just that. Somewhere there was an UpB from Marth thrown into that combo against fox while you were recovering.

Top Bottom