• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider, Rides Again For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
The Melee design. Also, I feel a modern Mach Rider would play like Fallout but of course with vehicles. Is that just me?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
When it comes to the design I like the most for Mach Rider, I actually think I would like the cover art design the most if we got a better look at it. I will say, I really like the Melee design for the bike.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah, the red white and blue suit with the cool 80s biker girl aesthetic in a neat combo would be my jam.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Question, what is your favorite Mach Rider design?
The melee trophy Mad max looking biker.

Mark me down as one of those people that DOESN'T like Mach Rider as a woman. It just feels too much like trying to redo Samus again.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The melee trophy Mad max looking biker.

Mark me down as one of those people that DOESN'T like Mach Rider as a woman. It just feels too much like trying to redo Samus again.
But Mach Rider came first.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I would love a new Mach Rider game made by Obsidian (ya know, made KOTOR2 and Fallout:New Vegas) in the style of New Vegas. That would be realllly cool.

D

Deleted member

Ever since I started playing Mach Rider for NES, I got invested on it a lot.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, have you guys heard about the accidental female Link thing?
It made me think of Mach Rider a bit, primarily the 80's style. It's causing some pretty good fan art from the look of things.

D

Deleted member

So, have you guys heard about the accidental female Link thing?
It made me think of Mach Rider a bit, primarily the 80's style. It's causing some pretty good fan art from the look of things.
That design is pretty cool!

It also reminds me of the male and female variations of Erdrick from the remake of DQ3.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That design is pretty cool!

It also reminds me of the male and female variations of Erdrick from the remake of DQ3.
It is. I just wonder how they managed to confuse this back in the day.

I will say, I think my favorite art piece from the magazine is this.

Edit:
I am going to put any fan art I find of this subject into this spoiler tab for the foreseeable future. Stuff like this really should be shared.
Edit 2: For some reason none of the pics are showing up anymore. That's why we source things I guess, but I am confused why this happened out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I come to support in memoria of the Grinch Leak. I even made a Classic Mode for Mach Rider:

Hrrmmmmm (basically characters who’ve had a major focus on motor vehicles at least once.)

Stage 1: :ultlink: on Great Plateau Tower (Hyrule Circuit~Mario Kart 8)
Stage 2: :ultfalcon: on Mute City SNES (F-ZERO Medley)
Stage 3: :ultwario: on :porttown: (Wario Stadium~Mario Kart 8)
Stage 4: :ultcloud: on Rainbow Cruise (Cloudtop Cruise (for 3DS/Wii U))
Stage 5: :ultbowserjr: on :mky: (Excitebike Arena~Mario Kart 8)
Stage 6: :ultrob: on :mariocircuit: (Waluigi Pinball (Brawl)
Boss: Duon (new boss; Boss Battle Song 1 (Brawl))
Credits: Mach Rider (Melee)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I come to support in memoria of the Grinch Leak. I even made a Classic Mode for Mach Rider:

Hrrmmmmm (basically characters who’ve had a major focus on motor vehicles at least once.)

Stage 1: :ultlink: on Great Plateau Tower (Hyrule Circuit~Mario Kart 8)
Stage 2: :ultfalcon: on Mute City SNES (F-ZERO Medley)
Stage 3: :ultwario: on :porttown: (Wario Stadium~Mario Kart 8)
Stage 4::ultcloud: on Rainbow Cruise (Cloudtop Cruise (for 3DS/Wii U))
Stage 5: :ultbowserjr: on :mky: (Excitebike Arena~Mario Kart 8)
Stage 6: :ultrob: on :mariocircuit: (Waluigi Pinball (Brawl)
Boss: Duon (new boss; Boss Battle Song 1 (Brawl))
Credits: Mach Rider (Melee)
That's a good angle for a classic mode. I dig it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, with Banjo coming, perhaps Mach Rider can follow suit as one of the Grinch's fallen. I hope all the characters from that leak get into the game someday, even if it will probably be a long time till that happens.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It really sucks we didn't get a retro rep in Ultimate's base and I highly doubting we will be getting one as DLC as they probably wouldn't sell that well. Hmm... I guess we will have to wait until Smash 6 to see another retro rep. :tired:

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Getting a Retro NES (Black Box) character was one of my favourite parts in every Smash Brothers. Too bad that didn't happen in Ultimate.

So I'd definitely love to see Mach Rider in, and I gota say, it's so cool to see that alot of people support him/her too, given that he/she currently has a thread with more than 10 pages, I hope it's not all just because of the Grinch Leak tho.

Oh and I believe Mach Rider's trailer should be something Mad Max style, and that Captain Falcon and maybe Wario should be in it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Getting a Retro NES (Black Box) character was one of my favourite parts in every Smash Brothers. Too bad that didn't happen in Ultimate.

So I'd definitely love to see Mach Rider in, and I gota say, it's so cool to see that alot of people support him/her too, given that he/she currently has a thread with more than 10 pages, I hope it's not all just because of the Grinch Leak tho.

Oh and I believe Mach Rider's trailer should be something Mad Max style, and that Captain Falcon and maybe Wario should be in it.
Mach Rider is my most wanted retro rep. I was very excited to see him in the Grinch leak and I was disappointed to find out the leak was fake awhile back.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I know that feeling :(
My most wanted from this category is actually Balloon fighter, but Mach Rider is most certainly a close second.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Mach rider seems really interesting. I'd love to see him in, even if it seems pretty impossible now. Regardless, I'd like to make a moveset for him, since I've got some ideas for a fighter that stays on their bike the whole time, similar to the one I had for Mona when I made one for her.

count me as a supporter tho!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I would say Mach Riders chances got higher with the announcement of more DLC, but that goes for everyone. Still, if Sakurai is willing to go a bit more out there with a DLC pick, retro and reconsider characters that he thought about putting in before, maybe Mach Rider will have her day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since Famicom Detective Club got a remake, I hope Mach Rider also gets one in the near future!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Happy new years Mach Rider fans! Let's toast to Mach Rider's possible inclusion into the Smash roster in the future hopefully this decade.

Oddball

Smash Lord
One thing I'm wondering about characters like this, Urban Champion, Balloon Fighter etc... there aren't a lot of characters in their games, so what would they do for a Spirit Board?

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Has Nintendo ever commented anything on MR´s gender? I remember seeing some time ago a promo of the game, featuring the girl like if it had been designed by Studio Ghibili.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Has Nintendo ever commented anything on MR´s gender? I remember seeing some time ago a promo of the game, featuring the girl like if it had been designed by Studio Ghibili.
Melee referred to Mach Rider as a guy. Other than that, no.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
One thing I'm wondering about characters like this, Urban Champion, Balloon Fighter etc... there aren't a lot of characters in their games, so what would they do for a Spirit Board?
I don't see any Retro characters as DLC ever due to how they probably wouldn't sell or at least in Nintendo's eyes they wouldn't. I think they will always be exclusively a base game thing. Of course, I would love to see any Retro character as DLC so Nintendo you can give me Mach Rider, Ayumi Tachibana, Wart, Lip, Takamaru, Foreman Spike, any of them will do.

Melee referred to Mach Rider as a guy. Other than that, no.
That could be either incorrect or just a mistranslation. Sakurai mentioned in K. Rool's Brawl trophy description that Kaptain K. Rool was King K. Rool's brother probably not knowning at the time that both of them are the same person.

Oddball

Smash Lord
That could be either incorrect or just a mistranslation. Sakurai mentioned in K. Rool's Brawl trophy description that Kaptain K. Rool was King K. Rool's brother probably not knowning at the time that both of them are the same person.
It could be, but right or wrong at the moment it's all we got.

So, on that note, let me ask a question.

Would you all be okay with a Mach Rider in bulky leather and armor that never reveals their identity at all?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Would you all be okay with a Mach Rider in bulky leather and armor that never reveals their identity at all?
Absolutely. I don't need to see Mach Riders' face because I only care about playing the character. She would be fun.

D

Deleted member

Would remind me of characters such as the Mandalorian.

Could work on a potential Mad Max-inspired reboot,

Top Bottom