• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MA Power Rankings (melee)/General Discussion

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Also Jam NE isn't holy wtf inactive any more haha.
If you say so, but for the sake of argument I'll concede your point.

The point that I'm trying to make is that there are not enough active people in any individual state in NE for a state-based ranking list to have any meaning past the 4th or 5th (or maybe even 3rd) spot. If the real goal of a PR is to motivate people to improve, consolidating NE into one list facilitates that goal much easier.

tl;dr- Being ranked 9th on a NE list is a greater accomplishment than being ranked 4th on any individual state list.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
And the players lost interest.

Big deal, you can only do it if you continue to try.

Unless you're Rhode Island where you have a whopping total of three players since Joey doesn't travel anymore >_>

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Lol dawg, I was just askin questions. My opinion doesn't matter much if you still wanna make your list, does it?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Pretty sure I should be #2 since I beat Roman on a gay counterpick once.
You all forgot to put me at the top of the list. I feel insulted.

You guys are forgetting about Elen and Trees. I'm pretty sure they both wreck most of MA, regardless of whether they're "active" or not. They definitely go to tournaments enough to be put on a ranking list.
No, they REALLY don't. Elen johns out of every tourney saying "oh I didn't know about it lol". I have no doubt that if they become active again they will be near the top, though.

Top 10 could work in theory but it is going to be kind of arbitrary since there's a lot of players that are roughly on the same level that don't attend tournies that often. (seriously who the hell are Sky/Omni/Hero?)

I like the idea of out of state judges, too.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I dunno, if you guys want the list so bad, do what ME did: C.R.A.B BATTLE!

AKA round robin mini tournament to determine rankings. It takes all of the guesswork out of making a list, and it's fun at the same time.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Sky and Hero are good and I'm sure with more practice they'll be pretty good =)
This tells me nothing lol

AKA round robin mini tournament to determine rankings. It takes all of the guesswork out of making a list, and it's fun at the same time.
This would be super fun, but kind of inaccurate lol. We should do a couple.

Roman.

Smash Champion
It's not a big deal to me at all. I'm just curious as to why people want the list, and I don't personally see "motivation" as a reason. Making your own list of goals should mean more to you than a list someone else makes, right?

I am curious as to whether or not a list happens, and what the final rankings come down to be. I'll use it to train too, since I can't motivate myself to get better right now (hypocritical I know, but what I think, what I say, and what I eventually do tend to vary drastically). I also don't plan on entering any tournaments for the foreseeable future. I've played tournaments for almost four years now (I think), about time I put some priorities in order: Fun first, tourneys second.

Man I got off topic. w/e
to this i just want to say that the list will definitely add motivation to smashers, get people more active, and show that our community as something going on...

i like this but i think it should only be used to separate players that are ranked very closely; plus the list is hopefully going to show overall skill and everyone has a bad day

but yeah, hopefully everyone is going to milk and that'll help with the development of a list as well

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
So run a couple CRAB BATTLES. It saves a whole lot of web bickering, and I've seen a bunch of the discussions to make one of these lists, and that's what it tends to boil down to. Just do one at specific tournaments, and tell people that if they wanna be on the power rankings, to show up.

(this post is cut short, as I have class in 5 minutes)

dudutsai

Smash Lord
People who are for it will make this happen. People who are against it have said so, already. There's no point in making this thread longer just so people can argue about it.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
PR is a good way to raise competition between players on the list and it does help inspire.....I orignally started trainin myself hard just to make the ny power ranking......ny has a good scene and a lot of beast players so yea that's my two cents....if u don't like PR don't come to a thread aboutb a PR.....good stuff roman for tryin sumthing different

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm not interested in being on a panel if that's what you guys decide to do, but good luck with this.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
imo needs a panel
also needs someone willing to go through and grab all of the recent and noteworthy tournament placings and req'd for players to post money matches

imo previous 6 months is good if you don't have that many tournaments

if tournies then 3-4 months

SleepyK

haha.
also a cool idea that GA used was to create a private social group so when the panel discussed, it was only the panel.
and there was no need for aimchatgettogetherscheduleneverhappening

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Roman, how do you do against Arc?

I was thinking Arc should be first, but a lot of people have you above him.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Y don't u guys just vote for 3 or 5 panelists.....u need a Odd # just to resolve and disagreements

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Power ranking discussion will start soon. Panelists will be myself, Bank$, th0rn, N64 and KevinM.

SleepyK

i'd like to point out that roman always prepares his anus with care before sex

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Romans got that exclusive lil kim ky son not sold in store lol....roman ***** often tho

SleepyK

most of my sexual fantasies have a little mattdotzeb sprinkled in them.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I also think Arc is a bit better than Roman, but power rankings aren't really about who's "better."

Spife

Smash Master
Count me out. Tournament results that aren't from swiss tournaments are not a good way of indicating anything other then bracket luck.

Edit:
IMO i should be ranked above at least spife simply because I outplace him consistently, and I beat him in money matches.

I"m just curious, when was the last time you beat me in a mm? When was the last time you out placed me in a swiss tournament?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
*Waves @ SleepyK* what'cha doing in here son? been a while since the CtConn.

And Spife you beat me like every time we play. (Tho there was that 6:00 long Mewtwo vs Jiggs match @ Flacos. lol get ***** Jiggs. that's right I WON. :D
EVEN THOUGH I HATE THAT MATCH-UP
) in any case you're above me on whatever list we decide to make. Including height. O_o

and I haven't play Maf since MM 17; I wonder how much better he's gotten. Ditto to Roman, though roman was always better than me. nicer hair too. <3

Spife

Smash Master
Those weren't swiss format tournaments.
(Hint: we've only had one and it was the first Super Mass Bros).

Besides I got pool ***** at rom2. I want to see how many peeps from ma can make it out vs reno alucard and n64.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
bracket results matter only once you get closer to the top of the bracket. Someone getting 2nd over someone else who got 4th says way more than someone who got like 65th over someone who go 129th[which doesn't really say anything at all]

Top Bottom