• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M/BAA3] Melee/Brawl Ann Arbor, MI 3/14

Zjiin

Smash Master
The MI circuit will probably be later. This is too close to the first one, and OOS'ers need time to build traveling money.

Danithak

Smash Rookie
Definitely planning on hitting this one up. It's been far too long.

I'd gladly do Brawl doubles too - anyone need a partner?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
juuuust kiiiiding.

i might be able to make it to melee singles. I fly home this dauy

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's looking like I'll be heading home for spring break, so there's a good chance right now that I'll be able to go to this.

With one hand.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
well, i gotta warn you, i'm made of **** and awesomeness these days.
ankoku is not cool for not showing.
My mistake.

Assuming it's staying the 14th, I am most definitely going.

Let's get this **** on, $5 MM?

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
ok let me elaborate.

Stage Lists

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege strange for a starter with all of the walkoffs and weird transformations, usually it is a counterpick
Delfino Also usually a counterpick, walkoffs and walls
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone No ledges, stupid spinny things that hurt you, stupid to fight on because it is slanted everywhere
Jungle Japes klap trap rewards luck
Luigi's MansionThis stage SUCKS. There is all kind of stupid stuff that happens off of the ceiling and people live until like 250%
Pictochat really dumb stage hazards
Pirate ShipBombs can KO you rewarding luck. The flipper thing is annoying. The water everywhere can just become "who can dair spike the fastest wins"
Pokémon Stadium 2The stage is just generally silly, the floating part, ice part, and moving floor part are all dumb to fight in. I mean it is a fair map, but do you really want to play in that.
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Green Greens
That was pretty short and probably not convincing, but from the tournament experiences I have had the stage lists looked QUITE different. You can probably make an argument along the lines of "Well if you get hit with X stage hazard it is your own fault", but I always thought stage hazards were to be avoided if at all possible. Do we really need this many maps? There are plenty of options of maps without obscure/annoying things going.

Anyways I just did that real fast obviously, but I will be willing to argue with some actual thought behind it if anyone wants to or disagrees. Do players actually LIKE these maps? I know I sure don't.

I would suggest

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Delfino
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Corneria
Halberd
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Green Greens

SCOTU

Smash Hero
The stage list is subject to change after the SBR releases the new stage list (if they haven't already). Currently, I'm running most of the stuff on the old one (w/ like 2 bans i think)

Edg

Smash Cadet
Anyone from up maybe an hour north of AA around lapeer/flint/metamora plan on going need a ride or want to give one? Im thinking about going but an hour drive is lame as **** alone

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Anyone from up maybe an hour north of AA around lapeer/flint/metamora plan on going need a ride or want to give one? Im thinking about going but an hour drive is lame as **** alone
hour drive is easily worth it. A bunch of ppl are making an hour+ drive for this. A few of us just got back from a smash tourney 5 hours away lol. An hour's definitely worth it.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i doubt it. Gonna need the setups to run the main events, and we can't really hang around too late afterwords or before :/

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'll go if Gates is going. Otherwise, I'll prolly go as long as I can make it to the circuit event so I can sell my shiz.

Top Bottom