• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1] Decisive Games Mafia: Road Trip! GAME OVER! Mafia WINS (Oh noez! D:)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Welcome to Decisive Games Mafia! Our known detectives are going out on an epic Road Trip after taking some R&R from playing Mafia games. Where they do what awesome cool guys do: sight seeing, meeting new faces, and having a good time with the ladies. I mean, it's just us cool guys having the time of our lives. What's the worse that can happen right?

------------------------

Fundamentals

1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
  2. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever.
  3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
  4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
  5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
  6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  10. You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
  11. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
  12. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
  13. This is a game of Mafia. I am your game moderator, Rockin. Please direct any questions you have about the game to me, either with the @mod: command in thread or via PM (if necessary). I will not answer questions in the public forum related to privately disseminated information barring that it was mentioned in the sample role PM.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
  2. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. For example, unvote vote: Eor.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when the game moderator posts the lynch scene and officially begins the Night phase.
  5. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline

1. You are required to post every 72 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  3. Days will generally last 10 days.
  4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.

Game-specific

1. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  2. I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up:
    Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor.
  3. I do not confirm the absence or presence of all other Independent Roles.
  4. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  5. I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
  6. I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
  7. I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
  8. All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
  9. [collapse=SAMPLE ROLE PM TO BE USED IN OP]thedocsalive

You are thedocsalive, Decisive Games'...wait. You're too old school for this game! Well, at any rate, your logical posts in SWF's first mafia games made you one of the site's original strong players. You also helped popularize mafia by hosting a couple of games all the way back in 2006.

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have nothing much except your wits, your swagger and your ability to vote. Best to make use of those three.

(Insert post restriction here). There is no punishment for not doing this...but you totally should!

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

(Insert picture here [not everyone has one!])
    [/collapse]

The Players

1) Ronike
2) adumbrodeus (being replaced by Vant)
3) mentosman8
4) Hilt
5) Cello_Marl
6) SwordsRBroke (Being replaced by J)
7) Overswarm
8) GorditoBoy69
9) Praxis
10) Nix2100
11) Meta-Kirby
12) ChiboSempai

The replacements

1) vanderzant
2) Zεη

Progress

Day 1 - No Lynch

Night 1 - Marshy (Nix), Vengeful Townie

Day 2 - No Lynch

Night 2 - Cello_Marl (Praxis), Vanilla Townie

Day 3 - Ronike (Gordito), Vanilla Townie

Night 3 Mentosman (Mentos), Vanilla Townie (get ***** by RGN)

Day 4 Frozen Flame (Chibo), Town Cop

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ROAD TRIP!
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EEEzbFxEbB8&autoplay=1?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EEEzbFxEbB8&autoplay=1?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
With all the Decisive Game guys finally meeting up, they first drove on down to Texas in their pimping Jeep Hondas. They already knew what type of things to expect, but that was the beauty of it. They were able to get some drinks, including the members who were under 18. The lifestyle there was simple: They were red necks who's law system is different then most states. Everyone was entitled to carry a gun and become a real cowboy. In this state, it's where real men are born and raised, not sissys.

After a few good lessons on how to capture a bull, the gang heads off to the tavern unwind. Since they got some time on their hands, they decided to talk and have a conversation with Texas legendary guy, Chuck Norris. Things are looking epic so far. What can go wrong?

---------------------------------

DAY 1 STARTS NOW

It takes 7/12 to lynch. Deadline is Nov. 6, 2010

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPUCCINOS!

Vote: Adumbrodeus Clearly trying to make us confuse him with Gheb with the poke at the bottom!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't be a repeat performance to break out of RVS.

So, let's try RVS. I've never done it before.

Vote ChiboSempai

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I don't usually vote in RVS. But...Cello reminded me.

Vote: ChiboSempai

Scum Chibo always NK's a Peach main D1. Since I'm alone this time...self-preservation it is.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Let's put whoever the next person votes for at L-1 without posting anything other than our votes, then let that person "accidently" get lynched. Voila! Instant scum, either from a lucky guess or the hammer vote.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Hilt and adumbrodeus: Do you people not understand what "without posting anything other than...votes" means? It's just as well.

@Hilt: Why are you afraid of me?

@adumbrodeus: Why did you quote me? It seems unnecessary, as though you had intended to make everyone aware that you were entirely blameless for what might happen from my action.

@Chibo: Why didn't you vote for me?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
i hope people arent actually playing pokemon on this road trip

i may be forced to break some hands

wheres OS?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Let's just get the post restriction portion of this out of the way.

Originally I wanted to find a picture of a bipedal bear wielding a warhammer with the caption "Bear maul", but I couldn't find one, so bear **** attacks will have to do.

adumbrodeus said:
Cause I wanted everyone to know how much I agree with you cello, because I wuv you.
You agree with me? So you believe this current course of action will net us scum? As in, my selection by Hilt and/or whoever hammers me?

@Hilt: I said what I did not due to your smiley, but from where you said you wanted to get rid of me. Did you not mean it?

I'm not at L-1 yet.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@Cello: Again. Why would you take my sentence "Let's change that :mad:" as me being "afraid"? The smiley and where I said I wanted to get rid of you were in the same sentence. How did you mean one and not the other, when the smiley is part of the sentence that you are talking about. What about my sentence made you think that I was "afraid"? As for whether or not I meant it, I'm curious, what do you think?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Hilt: Not opposing an idea is tacitly accepting it. You didn't state that you thought my idea of putting the next person voted for at L-1 was terrible, something that I would have expected from you. Yet, you didn't. You instead chose to vote for me. What was your motivation? Suggesting it was fear of an immensely powerful player such as myself that can and will be manipulating every person in this game to suit my purpose should be sufficient to get a response out of you. And yet, this is what we've gotten. Why haven't you been more forthright with information? How does being reclusive help anyone else get a read on you? Why wouldn't you want that?

Swords and Hilt are not on the same scum team.

@Swords: You're right, I should have replaced their hands with chainsaws.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Your post above my first post in the game (emphasis on the fact that it was my first post) was either really stupid, or a joke post. I'm assuming it was the latter.

The reason I wasn't "forthright" with my response to your question of why I voted you, was because I wanted you to stop and think of why my vote was put on you. I asked you why you thought it was, to see if you could figure it out. You gave the wrong answer. It was an easy question, too. And no I'm not worried about the all powerful Cello with his blue hair and his gold dice storming in and controlling the show. It was a joke vote. It was the first post I made in the game. We are in RVS.

Now, once again. How do you associate this phrase, "Let's change that :mad:" with fear? Please answer this question. If you cannot answer this question, please state why.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Why couldn't "It was obviously a joke vote, and your idea is stupid" have accomplished your goal just as well as your provocation?

Also, asking a question again and again doesn't mean an answer hasn't been given. I said I did it to get responses, ones that I'm satisfied with so far.

Why do you think we're still in RVS? Take us out if you think you can do better.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I asked the question, instead of giving an answer, because your question was dumb. I wanted to know why you asked such a dumb question. It turns out you really didn't know the answer. That, or you were only asking the question to push conversation and get us out of RVS. The whole thing on your end looks a bit too artificially made, and it bothers me. That's why I asked the question. That's why I didn't give an answer right away. If you don't like it or people can't get a read or whatever, tough.

I never said I thought I could do better, you're putting words in my mouth. It was the first post I made, an RVS post. That you called me out for, lol. Where did I say that I could do better, or that people weren't meeting some expectation that you're apparently imagining me having.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
The whole thing on your end looks a bit too artificially made, and it bothers me.
What would be natural, and how would it be better? You say artificial, I say provocative. Besides, if you are town, how would having the opportunity to showcase your natural response to any situation, artificial or not, be bad? Only if people misinterpret it, right? Has that happened?

If you don't like it or people can't get a read or whatever, tough.
Regardless of what you might think, neither you nor I are truly gaining much information from this exchange. The importance is in how we are presenting ourselves to everyone else. THEY should be getting information from the two of us. From there, stances are formed, or can be forced. You don't like being able to be read? Why? (I suppose this actually is putting words into your mouth, but that's how I read it)

I never said I thought I could do better, you're putting words in my mouth.
You're right, you didn't say you could do better. Did I say you could do better? No. What I DID say was, "Why do you think we're still in RVS"? We aren't.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
What would be natural, and how would it be better? You say artificial, I say provocative. Besides, if you are town, how would having the opportunity to showcase your natural response to any situation, artificial or not, be bad? Only if people misinterpret it, right? Has that happened?
The hell are you talking about
Regardless of what you might think, neither you nor I are truly gaining much information from this exchange. The importance is in how we are presenting ourselves to everyone else. THEY should be getting information from the two of us. From there, stances are formed, or can be forced. You don't like being able to be read? Why? (I suppose this actually is putting words into your mouth, but that's how I read it)
No, I didn't say I don't like to be read. I basically said I don't care. If my actions make it difficult for people to read me, tough. I usually have a habit of second guessing everything I do, and I'm not going to do that this game. And who are you to say what I am or am not gaining from a conversation? Are you a mind reader too?
You're right, you didn't say you could do better. Did I say you could do better? No. What I DID say was, "Why do you think we're still in RVS"? We aren't.
You're right, we aren't in RVS anymore. But you did say for me to get us out if I thought I could do better. I said that I didn't say that. You were implying that I thought that I could. That, or your sentence had absolutely no purpose. Did the sentence have no purpose? If it did have a purpose, then you did imply that I thought that I could do better. If it didn't, why did you post it?

Top Bottom