• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Lyn's AT status can show one of two things:

1) Sakurai doesn't approve very much of the GBA games, and decides to reduce them to AT's.

2) Sakurai acknowledges the GBA games, and says they deserve to be in Brawl. If there will be another GBA lord, then Lyn is just supporting Sakurai's positive outlook on the GBA titles.
3) Sakurai hates female Fire Emblem characters so much that he would laugh, geer, and taunt us all by makin da lead Fire Emblem female protagonist, Lyndis, an assist character.

Sakurai's a jerk!:mad:

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Lyn's AT status can show one of two things:

1) Sakurai doesn't approve very much of the GBA games, and decides to reduce them to AT's.

2) Sakurai acknowledges the GBA games, and says they deserve to be in Brawl. If there will be another GBA lord, then Lyn is just supporting Sakurai's positive outlook on the GBA titles.
5) Sakurai knows that she is not the main character in the game.

why can't anyone see this???:ohwell:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Dude, I had thought this thread would die (you know in the way Lyn was completely murdered). But it seems I was wrong. What more is there to say about Lyn, her outcome has been made known.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

Perhaps but anyone who's played FE7 cannot deny that she was one of the main characters of the game along with Hector. That's what people are bringing up.Not to mention that even though the first 10 chapters tutorial it was the story of lyn's personal quest. I done talking about this regardless we may never know the exact reasons why Sakurai made her an AT unless he states so directly himself.

I can only hope that Micaiah, Lucario, and King Dedede make it in :/ I don't feel like having my heart crushed again.

-Knight

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Perhaps but anyone who's played FE7 cannot deny that she was one of the main characters of the game along with Hector. That's what people are bringing up.Not to mention that even though the first 10 chapters tutorial it was the story of lyn's personal quest. I done talking about this regardless we may never know the exact reasons why Sakurai made her an AT unless he states so directly himself.
Putting Lyn in as playable is like putting ANY FE main character lord in. Even if she was directly emphasized as the main character in FE7, there's still better and more unique characters from the FE series other than her. And when does being a main character matter? Stafy is the main character of his games but he would obviously make a sh-tty character and is more suited as an AT, so what makes Lyn different?

And besides, she would take the place of a better samurai-like character, like Takamaru (well, he isn't samurai-like, he IS a samurai).
I can only hope that Micaiah, Lucario, and King Dedede make it in :/ I don't feel like having my heart crushed again.
Don't get your hopes up for Lucario, but the other two do have high chances.

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
Lyn is alright, but I'd rather see one of the other classes represented.

If he was important enough, Kieran from PoR. I like the axmen, so I guess Hector would be just as cool.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm curious as to how many of you anti-Lyn people actually PLAYED Fire Emblem 7.

Side Note: It's worse to have played FE9 and not 7/8 and say you hate Lyn, rather than not playing any FE whatsoever and hate Lyn.
And Groundwalker, another thing, whats wrong with putting ANY Lord in? I mean it's not like Lords are the only class that are getting into Brawl...wait a second, it IS the only class that gets into Brawl! Silly me.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
silver777 said:

One way in the game that shows that she is a main character is that she cannot be taken out of your roster when you are in Eliwood's story (maybe except for the first one or two chapters when you get her). If she dies, then the game is over, the same goes along with Hector.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
i don't hate her, actually FE6 and FE7 are the best Fire Emblem games out there.

they are basically one Big story divided into two games.

Lyn isn't the main lord in Eliwood's story, And didn't appear AT ALL in Roy's storyline.

Make me wonder that she was created just as a tutorial character in FE7.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lyndis was basically created to be Lilina's mother. But even so, she was a main character of FE:7

basically FE:7 had a few co stars and no real star.

Nergal is the clear antagonist and Athos is his antithesis, but as for leads, Hector Lyn and Eliwood are all about equally important. Hector and eliwood's main story modes give them no more spotlight than Lyn's intro storiline and the dragon twins are just about as important too.

But Hector and Lyn have huge fanbases compared to any other lead character from that game... and the previous game as well... Roy's got nothing compared to those two in the fire emblem community.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I'm curious as to how many of you anti-Lyn people actually PLAYED Fire Emblem 7.
I have, and all the other FE games. I'm curious if people actually have sense and played every FE game and can judge if Lyn should be in. If they did and STILL think she should be in, they are blatantly ********.
And Groundwalker, another thing, whats wrong with putting ANY Lord in? I mean it's not like Lords are the only class that are getting into Brawl...wait a second, it IS the only class that gets into Brawl! Silly me.
Might as well put some random infantry!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I played and own 7, 8, and 9. I played 6, but in japanese, so I have no idea what happened in the storyline. If anyone could point me to subbed versions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I also know generally the stories of the other Fire Emblems, except for 10. Which I have on reserve, and am ready to have it teach me to actually LIKE Ike, because of 7-9, 9 is my least favorite, It sucked.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I played and own 7, 8, and 9. I played 6, but in japanese, so I have no idea what happened in the storyline. If anyone could point me to subbed versions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I also know generally the stories of the other Fire Emblems, except for 10. Which I have on reserve, and am ready to have it teach me to actually LIKE Ike, because of 7-9, 9 is my least favorite, It sucked.
Trust me, there's not much of a story in FE 6. It really feels shallow and genetic compared to 7, 8 and 9. Example: the "main characters" only get like 5-8 chapters of spotlight while everything else centers Roy, which then starts to get a really boring feel to it. I'm really starting to understand why the Japanese didn't like it.

If you still want to play it though, just google it. Warning: IT'S HARD.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I wonder if they'd even add a character from the new fire emblem since adding Roy didn't go over too well with FE fans IIRC.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lyn – Lyn is probably the best assist trophy at this point. She comes out, strikes a pose, and then just sits there for a few seconds. Then suddenly, regardless of where you are on the stage she flies at you and slashes doing MASSIVE knockback and likely landing a kill. She is very very strong, and we don’t know how to avoid her yet other than ledge camping invincibility frames.
according to Gimpyfish.

makes me happy... Lyn fans rejoice: if she cannot be a PC, she might as well be the game's best AT

Top Bottom