• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
One of few buffs I could think of for Luigi is his side b being able to ledge snap. Pretty much all other moves like it ledge snap like pickachu's skull bash or charizard's flair blitz. I'd like to be easier to rise with cyclone, but I don't see that being fixed as the game impies to use your jump with it so making it usable jumpless be contradictory to it's intended use. Maybe an up b buff on his hitbox as others mentioned and a stronger dsmash. That's about all I can think of.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Hoping Nintendo doesn't listen to GFAQs.

Spare me on the child's talk. There is even an user that wants Missile to put Luigi in helpless, Fireballs nerfed, AND eliminate his down throw combos, ALL of it.

And guess what he says? 'Those minor nerfs won't bring him to bottom tier'.

Minor.

MINOR.

****ING MINOR

I lost hope on GFAQs that instant.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
One of few buffs I could think of for Luigi is his side b being able to ledge snap. Pretty much all other moves like it ledge snap like pickachu's skull bash or charizard's flair blitz. I'd like to be easier to rise with cyclone, but I don't see that being fixed as the game impies to use your jump with it so making it usable jumpless be contradictory to it's intended use. Maybe an up b buff on his hitbox as others mentioned and a stronger dsmash. That's about all I can think of.
Side B ledge snaps and ledge cancels. That would be too good! I want it!!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hoping Nintendo doesn't listen to GFAQs.

Spare me on the child's talk. There is even an user that wants Missile to put Luigi in helpless, Fireballs nerfed, AND eliminate his down throw combos, ALL of it.

And guess what he says? 'Those minor nerfs won't bring him to bottom tier'.

Minor.

MINOR.

****ING MINOR

I lost hope on GFAQs that instant.
... wow.
I think we should take's shulk's beamsword range, and just let him hit with the red hilt.
And don't forget to take the water from greninja.
Diddy doesn't need those dangerous equipment...
And shiek should get tripping back.

Hell, why not giving each character landing lag even without any moves used?
AND we totally should put Goku and Masterchief in the game. 4 realsies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I agree, the ledge snap side B would be a minor, but fair buff. Tornado being easier to mash I'd like too, but that is why the Mach tornado was created in Nintendo's eyes. D smash got a power buff last patch, it's mostly to punish rollers so It's fine as is. Up B hitbox was buffed too, I think it's pretty reliable as it too.

This is assuming Luigi is not nerfed in any way. If he is, I'd take all of these changes.

Imo, the only characters who actually need nerfs are Diddy, Sheik, Rosalina [again], Sonic, and maybe Yoshi.

TriTails

Smash Lord
TODAAAYYYYY IS THE DAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

LET'S HOPE OUR PLUMBER DOES NOT GET NERFEEEEEEDDDD!!!!!

Guys! Quick! Get some popcorns and see what happens later today!

mrconcon

Smash Cadet
http://challonge.com/SBACSingles?hc_location=ufi

Got 1st at a 113 person regional last Saturday, beat Leepuff in Winners Finals. and beat LarryLurr 3-1 in Grand Finals Set 1.

Grand Finals was Luigi vs Sheik, and Larry was/is considered number one (Best Sheik and Fox) in Socal or West Coast. Larry also consistently beats West Coast's best diddy Tyrant who used to be ranked 1st.

Also won a local the day before: http://challonge.com/smash4oomba8

And: https://twitter.com/LarryLurr/status/589866170473324545

Can't wait til EVO :)

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Got 1st at a 113 person regional last Saturday, beat Leepuff in Winners Finals. and beat LarryLurr 3-1 in Grand Finals Set 1.

Grand Finals was Luigi vs Sheik, and Larry was/is considered number one (Best Sheik and Fox) in Socal or West Coast. Larry also consistently beats West Coast's best diddy Tyrant who used to be ranked 1st.

Daaaang, nice work! Guess I know who to go to for help on the Sheik matchup now.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675

I'll be going to EVO as well. Hopefully I can meet up with you at some point and you can teach me the ways of Luigi. I think I'm pretty good and my fundamentals are not bad at all. I'm just missing something that keeps me out of the top spots.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I asked a certain someone to record Boss' hands doing his insane mashing during down b. I'm happy to say that it might actually happen.

https://twitter.com/VGBC_GimR/status/591779489362747392?s=03

Just thought I'd share.
Hope so! Sadly I don't think it's even possible for me to master it...as I play on 3DS.

Anyways I pulled my first dair to dair spike off not from a D throw online today! Was glorious, I never pull off more than one. I always Dair spike to nair and I feel like I could expand my options from a dair spike...suggestions?

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Though luigi is top tier according to the public, I have had some time getting in on a toon link that doesn't do anything but stand and through bombs and boomerangs. Alot of the time I would have trouble getting in when I'm even perfect sheilding because I'm being basically forced to jump or I'm more than likely going to get grabbed. Luigi is not as good as the public makes him out to be, people simply don't like to play campy against luigi which is his weakness. Luckily though there aren't that many campy characters luigi can't get in on.
His worst match up DEFINITELY being villager because of the bowling ball blocking his recovery half of the time. Duck hunt, toon link, link, and especially yoshi are pretty bad matchups too if your opponent knows what they are doing. Oddly enough though Luigi has an OK chance against rosalina from my experience.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Though luigi is top tier according to the public, I have had some time getting in on a toon link that doesn't do anything but stand and through bombs and boomerangs. Alot of the time I would have trouble getting in when I'm even perfect sheilding because I'm being basically forced to jump or I'm more than likely going to get grabbed. Luigi is not as good as the public makes him out to be, people simply don't like to play campy against luigi which is his weakness. Luckily though there aren't that many campy characters luigi can't get in on.
His worst match up DEFINITELY being villager because of the bowling ball blocking his recovery half of the time. Duck hunt, toon link, link, and especially yoshi are pretty bad matchups too if your opponent knows what they are doing. Oddly enough though Luigi has an OK chance against rosalina from my experience.
I agree with your thoughts, Toon Link is definitely an underrated tough matchup. Much harder than Link due to wind effect on dair and mobility. I'd go more in depth in the matchup thead buyt 60:40 TL

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
A funny thing happened yesterday.
I went on a 3 hour ride to play in the 3rd tournament held in fort smith which was smash 4. I got 3rd place to get a whopping 3 dollars. Then we drove 3 hours back to go home. Thats 3 3s and 3 3rds.
On a side note, my biggest rival so far is the one who took me out of bracket.
Proof: http://smashsociety.challonge.com/fsivsm4sh

Hope so! Sadly I don't think it's even possible for me to master it...as I play on 3DS.

Anyways I pulled my first dair to dair spike off not from a D throw online today! Was glorious, I never pull off more than one. I always Dair spike to nair and I feel like I could expand my options from a dair spike...suggestions?
It is possible to master massing a 3ds special button with your index finger.
My first legit boss spike was on 3ds

Edit: I don't know if this is double posting or not but I come from a forum where posting to messages in a row isn't against the rules so I kinda have a habit of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

TriTails

Smash Lord
There's an Edit button. Posting in a row is against the rules in this forum. If you ever think you need to add something, edit your previous post and don't post a new one.

Trust me. Getting modded is hell.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
There's an Edit button. Posting in a row is against the rules in this forum. If you ever think you need to add something, edit your previous post and don't post a new one.

I wanted to post this earlier but my computer crashed lol. Essentially this, just know for next time!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

I adore your profile picture.

And now getting back to topic:
Good ol weegee is fun as hell, and the problem against villager I can completly understand.
Do you have had any problems against G&W?

Also, I myself think good old weegee is good enough. He fares well against most people, and has his weaknesses, which can be played around mostly. _mostly_

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Luigi's N-air breaks through GnW's Chef...

...but it ultimately puts you at the risk of getting invincible head U-smashed from below...

Yeah, G&W sucks to play against.

I'm actually now convinced that Mario is the better plumber this time... his MU spread seems to be better than Luigi's overall, and Luigi still loses to random low and mid tiers, and some top tiers (Rosalina, Greninja, and Mega Man) poops at him.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Luigi's N-air breaks through GnW's Chef...

...but it ultimately puts you at the risk of getting invincible head U-smashed from below...

Yeah, G&W sucks to play against.

I'm actually now convinced that Mario is the better plumber this time... his MU spread seems to be better than Luigi's overall, and Luigi still loses to random low and mid tiers, and some top tiers (Rosalina, Greninja, and Mega Man) poops at him.
G&W is just an akward and different matchup
But because 9, he still sucks to play against.

As for luigi being worse than mario, they honestly have basically the same tactics played out differently, even though most people say "Mario's balanced" He really can only be played at top level agressive in most match ups. Funny thing is luigi can actually camp a bit BETTER than mario and his fireball is much more defensive. His combo game is about the same though.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Interesting, I remember for a long time you said Luigi was better. I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree though, Luigi is still better to me [both high tiers neck in neck though]. Luigi's damage output, combos, kill set ups, fireball, recovery just do it better for me over Mario's gimps, mobility, traction, probably better customs. In general though, I do get frustrated playing Mario and barely racking up damage while I've already racked tons with Luigi. Mario also has no set ups for kills really, D throw to tornado with Luigi is my absolute favorite set up. Also Luigi has a bit more tourney results to speak for atm.

Rosalina is kind of manageable...Greninja is MM are bad but then again we never discuss those matchups so we don't really know how to fight them. Probably a good idea lol. TL is also rough for Luigi. But Luigi has a much nicer matchup against Diddy, Sheik, and Sonic than Mario, arguably the top 3 so that's a big point for Luigi. Random mid tiers aren't much to note. Luigi bopped Olimar and hurt Warioin Brawl, one of the bests, but Luigi was a meh mid tier so it didn't matter.

Both are at their peak this time around though. Mario is more balanced but Luigi has more pronounced strengths which in the end I feel only lets a character grow more off them.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Wat. Luigi's combos flips Mario's over and over for a thousand times.
Well obviously luigi has more combos but the general output when mario or luigi gets a combo is the same. Most people don't realize that even though mario's set ups are harder to pull off (falling up air compared to nair for example), Mario is still going to have plenty off combos off most of his attacks.
Mario's combo starters/setups:
Down throw
Down tilt
Up air
Back air
Nair
Up throw
Dash attack
Fireball
Double jab
Up tilt
Down Air?

Luigi's combo starters/setups:
Down throw
Up thr-yeah not worth it
Down air
Nuetral air
Down tilt
Up air
Up tilt
Fireball
Double jab
Forward air

As you can see the amount of combo starters and set ups are generally the same
Luigi's combos and Mario's combos are relatively the same, though luigi relies more off of fair and mario relies more off of up air.
Of course luigi's tier is going to be slightly higher though, with a slightly more defensive play style, a better recovery, and more kill options.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Interesting, I remember for a long time you said Luigi was better. I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree though, Luigi is still better to me [both high tiers neck in neck though]. Luigi's damage output, combos, kill set ups, fireball, recovery just do it better for me over Mario's gimps, mobility, traction, probably better customs. In general though, I do get frustrated playing Mario and barely racking up damage while I've already racked tons with Luigi. Mario also has no set ups for kills really, D throw to tornado with Luigi is my absolute favorite set up. Also Luigi has a bit more tourney results to speak for atm.

Rosalina is kind of manageable...Greninja is MM are bad but then again we never discuss those matchups so we don't really know how to fight them. Probably a good idea lol. TL is also rough for Luigi. But Luigi has a much nicer matchup against Diddy, Sheik, and Sonic than Mario, arguably the top 3 so that's a big point for Luigi. Random mid tiers aren't much to note. Luigi bopped Olimar and hurt Warioin Brawl, one of the bests, but Luigi was a meh mid tier so it didn't matter.

Both are at their peak this time around though. Mario is more balanced but Luigi has more pronounced strengths which in the end I feel only lets a character grow more off them.
Don't forget that Mario has better MU against Rosalina, Greninja, and maybe Pikachu, all three are considered ones of the best. And then when we look below, Luigi just loses to more characters than Mario does (Loses against LM and GnW? Really?). Pit (And Pittoo, they count as 2 characters), ROB, TL, Pac, and some more I might forgot to mention. Sure, Luigi has significant perks like absurdly strong offensive, but Mario's mobility and traction is what I feel lets Mario keep up with a lot of characters and doesn't give him too much bad MUs.

But yeah, I feel like we'll need to actually discuss those characters first to get an accurate spread, but for now... I feel like Mario has overall better chance at surviving the future of Smash 4... Take this with a grain of salt though.

Well obviously luigi has more combos but the general output when mario or luigi gets a combo is the same. Most people don't realize that even though mario's set ups are harder to pull off (falling up air compared to nair for example), Mario is still going to have plenty off combos off most of his attacks.
Mario's combo starters/setups:
Down throw
Down tilt
Up air
Back air
Nair
Up throw
Dash attack
Fireball
Double jab
Up tilt
Down Air?

Luigi's combo starters/setups:
Down throw
Up thr-yeah not worth it
Down air
Nuetral air
Down tilt
Up air
Up tilt
Fireball
Double jab
Forward air

As you can see the amount of combo starters and set ups are generally the same
Luigi's combos and Mario's combos are relatively the same, though luigi relies more off of fair and mario relies more off of up air.
Of course luigi's tier is going to be slightly higher though, with a slightly more defensive play style, a better recovery, and more kill options.
That's... not exactly a good way on describing combos.

First off, theory-wise, Luigi gets a lot more damaging combos than Mario does. Okay, down throw. They DI? F-air + B-air. They don't DI? Double chop/F-air + N-air.Both are quite damaging (20%~) and rather guaranteed. Thing that sets Luigi's combos apart are, he can still combo at high percentages (D-air spike is awesome) and he just plain get more damage in his combos (Mario's U-tilt combos only work at people like Ganon and comboable characters, and F3 aerials bopps it. His other combos aren't all that damaging). His are also more improviseable (Look at that aerial chains Acid and Boss get).

Sorry for the potato format. In a hury right now.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Don't forget that Mario has better MU against Rosalina, Greninja, and maybe Pikachu, all three are considered ones of the best. And then when we look below, Luigi just loses to more characters than Mario does (Loses against LM and GnW? Really?). Pit (And Pittoo, they count as 2 characters), ROB, TL, Pac, and some more I might forgot to mention. Sure, Luigi has significant perks like absurdly strong offensive, but Mario's mobility and traction is what I feel lets Mario keep up with a lot of characters and doesn't give him too much bad MUs.
Idk about Mario having a better matchup against Rosalina, his fireballs are better here yes but cape is only really handy for recovery gimps and luma shot. Luigi's cyclone is a incredible tool in this matchup actually for getting in, knocks Luma right away and puts Luigi right next to Rosalina. Also D throw to up B is really, really good against Rosalina more than anyone else. So idk about Mario having the betetr matchup here, I think both lose 60:40. As for Greninja, Mario probably does better yeah but currently Greninja isn't considered high tier by most. Pikachu seems pretty even for both, I have no problems with Pikachu. Luigi loses to Game and Watch and Mac but they are both irrelavent to the meta game and he only loses 55:45, both are extremely manageable [more so Game and Watch than Mac.] Pac Man may be more of a threat in the future so yeah. Traction isn't a big deal for Luigi imo, mobility is a big difference though and is the reason why I think Mario is right below Luigi. I just have to see better tourney results from Mario before I can justify him over Luigi. Luigi doesn't really flatout get trucked in this game except by Villager, maybe Megaman and we just have to learn those better with time. Mario doesn't lose much either, he doesn't lose as much as Luigi but he does not destroy matchups as much as luigi either. DK is becoming more relavent in the metagame with customs and Luigi stomps DK pretty bad here. And as mentioned before, I think Luigi does better against Diddy, Sonic [two definitely top 5s] and maybe even ZSS because she cannot afford to whiff a grab or suffer an uppercut and Luigi's fireballs clank better here.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
That's... not exactly a good way on describing combos.

First off, theory-wise, Luigi gets a lot more damaging combos than Mario does. Okay, down throw. They DI? F-air + B-air. They don't DI? Double chop/F-air + N-air.Both are quite damaging (20%~) and rather guaranteed. Thing that sets Luigi's combos apart are, he can still combo at high percentages (D-air spike is awesome) and he just plain get more damage in his combos (Mario's U-tilt combos only work at people like Ganon and comboable characters, and F3 aerials bopps it. His other combos aren't all that damaging). His are also more improviseable (Look at that aerial chains Acid and Boss get).

Sorry for the potato format. In a hury right now.
The thing is Mario is more like falcon with his combos.
He can get tons of up air strings which give him tons of percent even at higher percents.
The thing is marios up air strings are the most guaranteed ones in the game from my experience.
And everything I said is also not taking in account his high air speed.

Luigi has to rely on mix ups with his combos a lot.
Mario uses the same combo over and over.

Mario's up air strings can also lead into a potential up b, which can even KILL early.

Mario's down throw combos will give about the same percent as luigi, that is if your opponent...
A. isn't a fast faller
B. isn't at 0-8 percent

Mario's multiple combos don't do much, but his double bair and up air strings are far enough to get him high damage with easy combos

TriTails

Smash Lord
Idk about Mario having a better matchup against Rosalina, his fireballs are better here yes but cape is only really handy for recovery gimps and luma shot. Luigi's cyclone is a incredible tool in this matchup actually for getting in, knocks Luma right away and puts Luigi right next to Rosalina.
Failing to see your point here. Can't Rosalina just shield the entire thing an back throws you out of nowhere? Knocks Luma away, sure, but that's isn't really worth it when she can just fling you far away and act like nothing has happened.

Also D throw to up B is really, really good against Rosalina more than anyone else
Don't forget D-throw + Cyclone works probably the best against Rosalina~

So idk about Mario having the betetr matchup here, I think both lose 60:40.
The idea of Mario having a better MU is because I saw HeroMystic posting a Mario MU chart and I saw that Mario is even... But bleh, shouldn't have wrote that.

As for Greninja, Mario probably does better yeah but currently Greninja isn't considered high tier by most.
Really? I thought people now think Greninja is at least high tier.

Pikachu seems pretty even for both, I have no problems with Pikachu.
Thing with him is, his incredible pressure game that makes it rather hard for me. His attacks chain really fluidly, he is really fast, has low profile, and definitely doesn't have trouble KOing. But maybe it's just me that is inexperienced at the MU.

Traction isn't a big deal for Luigi imo,
...It is. This doesn't let Luigi punish attacks that are supposedly not safe on shield (Okay, I shielded [insert character here]'s [insert powerful but not safe on shield move here]! Time to puni- *gets fists planted to the face*). This is a big deal, as shielding as Luigi would most likely get you nothing and you probably can't get a free punish as you can with a solid traction. Sure, his traction has perks, but to me, it does more harm than good.

Luigi doesn't really flatout get trucked in this game except by Villager, maybe Megaman and we just have to learn those better with time.
Villager is a confusing one. Some players think it's in Villager's favor, while some more other players think it's even or even in Luigi's favor. But oh well.

Mario doesn't lose much either, he doesn't lose as much as Luigi but he does not destroy matchups as much as luigi either.
Luigi does not destroy MUs. I can see his best MU is likely at 6:4, maybe 65:35 for very little characters, but I don't think that is likely. His glaring problems honestly prevents him from whooping MUs (Traction and mobility here). Though, I can see the same thing happening to Mario.

DK is becoming more relavent in the metagame with customs and Luigi stomps DK pretty bad here.
Wait, how does Luigi counters Kong Cyclone? *Goes to YouTube to see Boss vs Average Joe*

Never mind.

And as mentioned before, I think Luigi does better against Diddy, Sonic [two definitely top 5s] and maybe even ZSS because she cannot afford to whiff a grab or suffer an uppercut and Luigi's fireballs clank better here.
Agreed.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
The thing is Mario is more like falcon with his combos.
He can get tons of up air strings which give him tons of percent even at higher percents.
The thing is marios up air strings are the most guaranteed ones in the game from my experience.
And everything I said is also not taking in account his high air speed.

Luigi has to rely on mix ups with his combos a lot.
Mario uses the same combo over and over.

Mario's up air strings can also lead into a potential up b, which can even KILL early.

Mario's down throw combos will give about the same percent as luigi, that is if your opponent...
A. isn't a fast faller
B. isn't at 0-8 percent

Mario's multiple combos don't do much, but his double bair and up air strings are far enough to get him high damage with easy combos
Mario's WoP with B-air? Never saw one before. U-air strings are awesome on Mario, but only works at low percentages.

Luigi himself can string aerials very well (Surprised because 2nd slowest air speed? Nah). Though, the execution isn't as braindead. I have seen Boss doing something nuts like D-throw -> Double chop -> Double U-air -> That does like... 46%? On Pit? Okay.

Furthermore, Luigi can actually compensate his slow air speed by using the ground to continue the chain, at a price of harder to pull off, but the reward are generally very... well, rewarding lol.

Luigi can also combo at high percentages with D-air spike bounce. Sure, people may go like 'hurr durr... you can just tech the D-air hurr durr', but I fail people doing that flawlessly, unless we are talking about bots, Even lvl 9 CPUs have some trouble teching Luigi's D-taunt continously (And this is the same lvl 9 bots that can PS three Mega Busters in a row). And when they bounce, you are basically in D-throw position where you can throw out any aerials, Cyclone, or even FJP. My favourite would be D-throw -> D-air spike -> Another D-air/N-air/B-air. Those does 25+% (Save for second D-air sourspot, which deals 24%) each, and works until something like 235%. That's something to note, especially since Luigi's finishers aren't as strong as it was in Brawl.

Mario himself can combo out of his D-throw at late percentages with SJP, but that doesn't do much damage or as safe as Luigi's D-air spike. Heck, Luigi can actually get 20% off two hits with his D-throw + B-air, and less the hits needed, the better (As long as it deals a lot of damage).

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Mario's WoP with B-air? Never saw one before. U-air strings are awesome on Mario, but only works at low percentages.

Luigi himself can string aerials very well (Surprised because 2nd slowest air speed? Nah). Though, the execution isn't as braindead. I have seen Boss doing something nuts like D-throw -> Double chop -> Double U-air -> That does like... 46%? On Pit? Okay.

Furthermore, Luigi can actually compensate his slow air speed by using the ground to continue the chain, at a price of harder to pull off, but the reward are generally very... well, rewarding lol.

Luigi can also combo at high percentages with D-air spike bounce. Sure, people may go like 'hurr durr... you can just tech the D-air hurr durr', but I fail people doing that flawlessly, unless we are talking about bots, Even lvl 9 CPUs have some trouble teching Luigi's D-taunt continously (And this is the same lvl 9 bots that can PS three Mega Busters in a row). And when they bounce, you are basically in D-throw position where you can throw out any aerials, Cyclone, or even FJP. My favourite would be D-throw -> D-air spike -> Another D-air/N-air/B-air. Those does 25+% (Save for second D-air sourspot, which deals 24%) each, and works until something like 235%. That's something to note, especially since Luigi's finishers aren't as strong as it was in Brawl.

Mario himself can combo out of his D-throw at late percentages with SJP, but that doesn't do much damage or as safe as Luigi's D-air spike. Heck, Luigi can actually get 20% off two hits with his D-throw + B-air, and less the hits needed, the better (As long as it deals a lot of damage).
Do you just WANT me to show you every mario combo?

EarthRyno

Smash Cadet
NNID
EarthRyno
3DS FC
1521-4637-2514
So I just went to my first tournament a couple of days ago and went Luigi the whole way. It was a 45 person tourney and I was one game away from top 16. :)

I did a lot better than expected, but I need some major match-up experience. A campy Pacman and grab happy Falcon knocked me out in the end. I was able to knock out a pretty solid Sonic and got the upper hand on a Yoshi player that the local community views highly.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
@ mrconcon mrconcon You are amazing! amazing! How does it feel to be the first person in the world to beat Zero in a set? So proud to moderate the Luigi boards right now with this champion in it! Sheik matchup was rough but oh well celebration over here!

D

Deleted member

@ mrconcon mrconcon You are amazing! amazing! How does it feel to be the first person in the world to beat Zero in a set? So proud to moderate the Luigi boards right now with this champion in it! Sheik matchup was rough but oh well celebration over here!
Wait, when you say Zero, you mean the ZeRo? The one that won Apex 2015?
He never lost a set and a Luigi player won one for the first time against him?!
I need to see videos of this set.

TriTails

Smash Lord
First person to beat Zero in a set?
How does it feel to beat
beat Zero
Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Did you just say a LUIGI beats ZERO!? THAT ZERO!? APEX 2015 ZERO!?

@ mrconcon mrconcon Dude, you're amazing beyond words.

I need to see the vids.

(Prepares for rounds of 'WEEGEE BEATS ZERO! HE'S OPEH')

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Did you just say a LUIGI beats ZERO!? THAT ZERO!? APEX 2015 ZERO!?

@ mrconcon mrconcon Dude, you're amazing beyond words.

I need to see the vids.

(Prepares for rounds of 'WEEGEE BEATS ZERO! HE'S OPEH')
There's probably vids in the stream link I posted, if not extremely soon I bet will vids be posted on Youtube.One of our own, the first in the entire world to beat Zero in a set, isn't it nice? Next time, mrconcon will take out his Sheik heh. As he said during the post interview "powershield everything" is our best best again Sheik so far. I knew people were underestimating that matchup. Basically, needles and fair mutilate Luigi hard.Our only trump card is nair here as far as I know + killing earlier.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Her kit definitely brings us trouble. Though, our F3 N-air and combos are life savers. Else imagine on how the obnoxious female ninja shuts down our character with poor mobility...

Take out the needles though, and this MU becomes a thousand times easier.

...I'm actually convinced Luigi is the only one whose aerials can at least stood a chance against Sheik's. Not anyone can whip out a F7 lagless F-air that deals 9%. Or F3 N-air that kills and deals 12%, or B-air that is F6 and deals friggin' 14%.

But maybe I'm looking at things wrong.

Top Bottom