• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure where they'd work it in either really. Also what would you think of the Thunderhand from Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga as a move for him? I doubt it would happen but what would you think

I think that would be great. Sakurai has been saying since Brawl he wants this next one to be different, and all the characters to be unique from one another. That would definitely separate the Bros.

On a side note, everyone is saying that Sakurai has said the characters will be the same in both the 3DS version and the WiiU, but that's incorrect. He said the number of characters would be the same, he never said, anywhere I can find, that the characters will be mirrored. Food for though, and if you look, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager still have no 3DS pictures (although I'm sure at least Villager will be on 3DS, and the Trainer if Sakurai misspoke and meant the characters themselves will be the same).

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I think that would be great. Sakurai has been saying since Brawl he wants this next one to be different, and all the characters to be unique from one another. That would definitely separate the Bros.
I would see it either becoming his neutral B or a side smash. Not sure which.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I would see it either becoming his neutral B or a side smash. Not sure which.

I would prefer it as his neutral special. They should make it less range than Mario's fireballs but faster and more powerful - and keep the anti-gravity effect on it already? And maybe have it end in a small explosion, just to mix it up.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i hope he gets the poltergust from luigis mansion.
akin to marios fludd, it would function like kirby's and D3's neutral b

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I think adding a Poltergust and Thunderhand would be amazing, heck, put in some Mario & Luigi stuff like a hammer to give Luigi stuff Mario can't in order to make Mario the super-balanced character and Luigi the skilled oddball. Really excited for Luigi's appearance!

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I think adding a Poltergust and Thunderhand would be amazing, heck, put in some Mario & Luigi stuff like a hammer to give Luigi stuff Mario can't in order to make Mario the super-balanced character and Luigi the skilled oddball. Really excited for Luigi's appearance!

Nooo, no hammer, I'm still holding that attack out for Paper Mario!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Nooo, no hammer, I'm still holding that attack out for Paper Mario!
XD I want Paper Mario in too but this is just in case he doesn't make it cause I feel the Mario RPGs are going unnoticed and not producing as much hype as other series even though Mario RPGs are AMAZING! So I think Luigi should represent some of them.

Reznor

work in progress
i'd rather not have Luigi use a hammer would rather have him use electricity
no idea why he didn't get the poltergust in Brawl

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
I hope the animation from the melee green missle comes back, when he literally looks like he combusts haha. Im also hoping for the poltergust or something new, but for it to be useful and not a gimmick =/.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I hope the animation from the melee green missle comes back, when he literally looks like he combusts haha. Im also hoping for the poltergust or something new, but for it to be useful and not a gimmick =/.
Maybe it can act like Kirby and King Dedede's Inhale abilities, only it does damage while you "inhale". Giving Luigi a unique "Inhale" ability like Kirby using it for copy abilities or King Dedede using the players he inhales as projectiles.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Down b poltergust.
Can suck up fighters and items, hold them inside for a bit, and then spit them back out.
Can even walk around using it and shoot things you have sucked up at other fighters

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
O.O poltergust could be like villagers pocket!

it can collect anything!!!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I would personally like to see Luigi have a move set different from Mario, but I really want him in the next game. I think it would be neat for him to use his vacuum.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
yes!! i hope luigi has the poltergust.
I just hope it doesn't take over his character. The Poltergust is important to him these days but his entire moveset shouldn't be based around it IMO. Maybe make it his grabs and/or a new side-special that fits his character, but keeps the same concept as his current side special (because Green Missile simply shouldn't exist)

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Im not saying his entire moveset shoud be centered around the poltergust
im saying it should be his new down special like marios fludd

D

Deleted member

I have my own ideal moveset for Luigi in SSB4 and I would love to share it. It's probably not going to happen, but ehh. These are mostly changes to make him more unique.
Special Moves:
Standard Special Move: Thunderhand. Luigi's element is Thunder and it was only seen in Superstar Saga and Mario Strikers Charged; I think this should be incorporated in his moveset. It will be charged like Zero Suit Samus' paralyzer and has two levels. The first level just paralyzes the foe; useful for a Super Jump Punch. The second level acts like his old Fireball move but it travels farther and it causes electrical damage. The type you get is how long you've held down the special move button.
Side Special Move: Green Missile. No changes here.
Down Special Move: Luigi Cyclone. It's easy to mash the special move button like in Brawl to gain height, but you won't gain as much height.
Up Special Move: Super Jump Punch. No changes here.
Neutral Attacks: Ground:
Luigi's neutral combo, dash attack, up tilt, down tilt and down smash remain the same.
Side tilt: Luigi will release a short electrical beam that will get the same reach as his current side tilt. There is a small sweetspot at the tip of the beam that causes decent knockback while the sourspot of the attack causes decent damage.
Up Smash: Luigi's up smash would be reverted to his old Smash 64 up smash. It has good knockback, but there is some ending lag to it.
Side Smash: The animation is exactly the same and it's just as powerful, though it will release some electrical effects just like Bowser's new side smash.
Grabs: Poltergust 5000
Luigi will grab his opponents with his Poltergust 5000 instead of making it his down special move. I believe if Luigi doesn't have the Luigi Cyclone, it would nerf Luigi badly in terms of recovery like Mario. Anyways, the way the Poltergust functions is that Luigi does have some distance and can only grab people straight ahead of him.
Pummel: Luigi will suck his opponents with the Poltergust 5000 for some damage.
Forward Throw: Luigi just releases his opponent similarly to when he does release an object (like Toad) in Dark Moon.
Backward Throw: Luigi spins three times and releases his opponent.
Up Throw: Luigi releases his opponents upwards and fireworks come out of the Poltergust 5000 similarly when he beats a level in Dark Moon.
Down Throw: Luigi stomps on his opponents several times and then they get released similarly to when he captures a Boo in Dark Moon. This will help Luigi go into some combos or start juggling.
Aerials:
Luigi's Nair and Uair are the same.
Bair: Luigi's backwards aerial is reverted to his one in Melee. It will lose knockback from the one in Brawl, but it will help with his juggling.
Dair: It's the same animation, however it's easier to Meteor Smash now.
Fair: It's the same animation but the attack now has increased knockback.
Final Smash: Negative Zone
I like the concept of the Negative Zone in Brawl. However, it's BAD. The issues with it in Brawl to me is the low range of the Negative Zone is and Luigi dances for so long that opponents will get away by the time you're done. To buff the Negative Zone, Luigi unleashes it and uses his Poltergust 5000 initially to bring his opponents in from escaping and Luigi will get more time to use finishers like his forward smash or Super Jump Punch. The range of the attack also increases, making it more useful on medium sized stages. (it would engulf Final Destination) All of the effects from before in Brawl are still applied here.
Misc.:
Other buffs: Luigi is slightly faster than Mario and his traction would improve. While Luigi will still have bad traction, it won't be nearly as bad as in Brawl. It matches Luigi's character, but the traction thing does hurt Luigi in some cases and it's unfitting for Smash in my opinion.
Animation changes:
Standing: I can't think of a full animation change for this. However, his main pose will be his pose when you see him in the Subspace Emissary "threatening" the Waddle Dees.
Running: Luigi will run as if he was in Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario 3D Land.
Jumping: Luigi will jump as if he was in Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario 3D Land for his first jump. His second jump will have him kick his legs in the air like in Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Bros. 2, and New Super Luigi U.
On-Screen Appearance: Luigi either jumps out of a Warp Pipe like in SSB64 and Brawl or he will be pixelated onto the stage like in Dark Moon.

Anyways, these are my ideas on the changes that Luigi should have in SSB4 and the changes that I would love to see to capture Luigi's personality even more and to help him to keep the game balanced. Will these changes happen? Probably not, but I like to share them nonetheless. My main idea is to improve on one of Luigi's major strengths: his ability to juggle people. My ideas aren't perfect by any means, but I like to share them with other Smash Bros. fans.

If you read all of this, thank you.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I have my own ideal moveset for Luigi in SSB4 and I would love to share it. It's probably not going to happen, but ehh. These are mostly changes to make him more unique.
Special Moves:
Standard Special Move: Thunderhand. Luigi's element is Thunder and it was only seen in Superstar Saga and Mario Strikers Charged; I think this should be incorporated in his moveset. It will be charged like Zero Suit Samus' paralyzer and has two levels. The first level just paralyzes the foe; useful for a Super Jump Punch. The second level acts like his old Fireball move but it travels farther and it causes electrical damage. The type you get is how long you've held down the special move button.
Side Special Move: Green Missile. No changes here.
Down Special Move: Luigi Cyclone. It's easy to mash the special move button like in Brawl to gain height, but you won't gain as much height.
Up Special Move: Super Jump Punch. No changes here.
Neutral Attacks: Ground:
Luigi's neutral combo, dash attack, up tilt, down tilt and down smash remain the same.
Side tilt: Luigi will release a short electrical beam that will get the same reach as his current side tilt. There is a small sweetspot at the tip of the beam that causes decent knockback while the sourspot of the attack causes decent damage.
Up Smash: Luigi's up smash would be reverted to his old Smash 64 up smash. It has good knockback, but there is some ending lag to it.
Side Smash: The animation is exactly the same and it's just as powerful, though it will release some electrical effects just like Bowser's new side smash.
Grabs: Poltergust 5000
Luigi will grab his opponents with his Poltergust 5000 instead of making it his down special move. I believe if Luigi doesn't have the Luigi Cyclone, it would nerf Luigi badly in terms of recovery like Mario. Anyways, the way the Poltergust functions is that Luigi does have some distance and can only grab people straight ahead of him.
Pummel: Luigi will suck his opponents with the Poltergust 5000 for some damage.
Forward Throw: Luigi just releases his opponent similarly to when he does release an object (like Toad) in Dark Moon.
Backward Throw: Luigi spins three times and releases his opponent.
Up Throw: Luigi releases his opponents upwards and fireworks come out of the Poltergust 5000 similarly when he beats a level in Dark Moon.
Down Throw: Luigi stomps on his opponents several times and then they get released similarly to when he captures a Boo in Dark Moon. This will help Luigi go into some combos or start juggling.
Aerials:
Luigi's Nair and Uair are the same.
Bair: Luigi's backwards aerial is reverted to his one in Melee. It will lose knockback from the one in Brawl, but it will help with his juggling.
Dair: It's the same animation, however it's easier to Meteor Smash now.
Fair: It's the same animation but the attack now has increased knockback.
Final Smash: Negative Zone
I like the concept of the Negative Zone in Brawl. However, it's BAD. The issues with it in Brawl to me is the low range of the Negative Zone is and Luigi dances for so long that opponents will get away by the time you're done. To buff the Negative Zone, Luigi unleashes it and uses his Poltergust 5000 initially to bring his opponents in from escaping and Luigi will get more time to use finishers like his forward smash or Super Jump Punch. The range of the attack also increases, making it more useful on medium sized stages. (it would engulf Final Destination) All of the effects from before in Brawl are still applied here.
Misc.:
Other buffs: Luigi is slightly faster than Mario and his traction would improve. While Luigi will still have bad traction, it won't be nearly as bad as in Brawl. It matches Luigi's character, but the traction thing does hurt Luigi in some cases and it's unfitting for Smash in my opinion.
Animation changes:
Standing: I can't think of a full animation change for this. However, his main pose will be his pose when you see him in the Subspace Emissary "threatening" the Waddle Dees.
Running: Luigi will run as if he was in Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario 3D Land.
Jumping: Luigi will jump as if he was in Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario 3D Land for his first jump. His second jump will have him kick his legs in the air like in Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Bros. 2, and New Super Luigi U.
On-Screen Appearance: Luigi either jumps out of a Warp Pipe like in SSB64 and Brawl or he will be pixelated onto the stage like in Dark Moon.

Anyways, these are my ideas on the changes that Luigi should have in SSB4 and the changes that I would love to see to capture Luigi's personality even more and to help him to keep the game balanced. Will these changes happen? Probably not, but I like to share them nonetheless. My main idea is to improve on one of Luigi's major strengths: his ability to juggle people. My ideas aren't perfect by any means, but I like to share them with other Smash Bros. fans.

If you read all of this, thank you.
Love this! Dark Moon was amazing and added so much potential to Luigi and his Thunderhand should work like you said. Overall, I'd main Luigi if he had this moveset!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm having a feeling that Luigi will be announced in the next smash bros with his own page. Finally as a non-unlockable character. Around the time Mario & Luigi Dream Team is released in the US.

Think about it. On the 11th of July Pikmin and Olimar was announced. There IS a Luigi game coming out exactly a month later, plus the boxed version of New Super Luigi U is released.

Also to add to the theme. Luigi will be the SECOND veteran to be announced. I'll be very surprised if it is not Luigi.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I'm having a feeling that Luigi will be announced in the next smash bros with his own page. Finally as a non-unlockable character. Around the time Mario & Luigi Dream Team is released in the US.

Think about it. On the 11th of July Pikmin and Olimar was announced. There IS a Luigi game coming out exactly a month later, plus the boxed version of New Super Luigi U is released.

Also to add to the theme. Luigi will be the SECOND veteran to be announced. I'll be very surprised if it is not Luigi.
I'd be surprised if it IS Luigi! Luigi has always been an unlockable character and I don't see how that'll be any different.

D

Deleted member

I hope Luigi gets announced this week... or sometime later this year. I would be surprised if Luigi is a starter character but I think he deserves to be a starting character in my opinion.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I hope Luigi gets announced this week... or sometime later this year. I would be surprised if Luigi is a starter character but I think he deserves to be a starting character in my opinion.
Your wish came true. Just now on Nintendo Direct today, Luigi was confirmed to be returning to SSB4.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I told you all! I told you all! You didn't believe me! BUT I TOLD YA!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I was the one who said it first! Give me some credit!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Called it! He looks kinda the same but we only saw his dash attack, jab combo, and fireball. Guess this kinda deconfirms Thunderhand :/

Top Bottom