• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

D

Deleted member

i hope this doesnt mean they're going to reveal all the hidden stuff before hand
That may or may not be the case. They could change things like they did in Melee. Captain Falcon and Ness were unlockable in SSB64 and then became a part of the initial roster in Melee. So, Luigi could be a part of the initial roster for all we know.

Called it! He looks kinda the same but we only saw his dash attack, jab combo, and fireball. Guess this kinda deconfirms Thunderhand :/
That's a shame in my opinion. I just hope that they will incorporate the Poltergust 5000 in some way.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I predict the only thing that will come out of this is people wondering if they will reveal unlockable characters or not.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I see no evidence of the Poltergust or Luigi's M&L Thunder skills.

How disappointing.
Indeed. However, I've already been through this once with Brawl, so I guess I'm used to it now. =(

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
And here we all thought that the Directs would be reserved for newcomers... and instead we get Luigi, a characters who no one doubted would not get in. Yeah... so excited. :glare:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
And here we all thought that the Directs would be reserved for newcomers... and instead we get Luigi, a characters who no one doubted would not get in. Yeah... so excited. :glare:

Well to be fair, they wouldn't want to reveal all of their secrets yet, so...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Probably should have seen a nintendo direct reveal coming, since they're constantly talking about the year of luigi. Happy to see him, strange choice of pose for his official artwork though.

DPSnumber1

Smash Rookie
I think you must move the Luigi's thread that is in Unconfirmed Veterans instead of creating a new one, just like the other confirmed characters

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I always liked Luigi over Mario, and I think it won't change here either, Luigi Look very good :)

D

Deleted member

Even if Luigi is a hidden character or not, I highly doubt that they will announce more secret characters. If anything, they might reveal Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, and Captain Falcon before the game's release.

Besides, wouldn't it have been a bit weird if Luigi wasn't announced during his year?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Yeah probably. If they were to show off changes they would have already. Oh well, Luigi is still awesome.
Not necessarily, they could be saving a new move or two for a surprise in a later pic of the day. Also I'm pretty sure that a some of veterans had new or changed moves in Brawl that weren't shown in their initial dojo reveal. I don't think fludd was revealed until after Mario's character reveal, for instance(though I could be wrong).

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
I am just loving his facial expressions so far. Also...does he have a new taunt when he is with Kirby and Mario??

D

Deleted member

I am just loving his facial expressions so far. Also...does he have a new taunt when he is with Kirby and Mario??
I'm thinking that is either a new taunt or the Luigi Cyclone. Possibly him starting up the Green Missile.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
My favorite smash character has been confirmed :)
Also, did anyone notice that Luigi's reveal was a sort of advertising for Mario & Luigi : Dream Team? Kind of like how Olimar's reveal was an advertising for Pikmin 3.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
My favorite smash character has been confirmed :)
Also, did anyone notice that Luigi's reveal was a sort of advertising for Mario & Luigi : Dream Team? Kind of like how Olimar's reveal was an advertising for Pikmin 3.
Perhaps they will do that when Sonic Lost World comes out??

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
YES! My third-forth-ish favorite character is confirmed!

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty certain that Luigi is one of the starter characters this time around.

Also I really hope that the Poltergust 5000 is not incorporated in his moveset as a special move since it would be yet another "sucking" move. Similar to Kirby's and Dedede's (and even Warios) neutral B. It would be cool though if they used him for Luigis grabs however it doesn't look like Poltergust 5000 is even in the game.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
I'm pretty certain that Luigi is one of the starter characters this time around.

Also I really hope that the Poltergust 5000 is not incorporated in his moveset as a special move since it would be yet another "sucking" move. Similar to Kirby's and Dedede's (and even Warios) neutral B. It would be cool though if they used him for Luigis grabs however it doesn't look like Poltergust 5000 is even in the game.
It could be a grab or a way to rid items off the map.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
saw Luigi on the website today! even posted a video on youtube about it :D I'm glad he's back!

Hong

The Strongest

Doesn't have to be that way. Could be a long distance pull. Think like the inverse of the pushing effect of G&W's up aerial. It could work as a gap closer for ranged characters, or a surprise reversal for edge-guarders.

Thus far all the vacuum effects we have seen thus far are not really vacuum effects at all, in the gameplay sense, and more like command grabs. You are either unaffected, or suddenly sucked in at a close range... where as there is potential for something that pulls you in with increased effect with greater proximity.

Top Bottom