• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

thewarjoe

Smash Rookie
Luigi personality is hilarious! He's so silly and scared... That's the reason why when "the death stare" came in MK8, people loved it. IT was so unpexpected.

Last edited:
NNID
LilG912
Yo in case if you guys know AllisBrawl, now it's named NintendoDojo. Join up whenever you feel like it and plus, I can't wait to play you Luigis once again and there's some Luigis that I need to see because it been years ago since I talked to y'all. ;).

SirKenneth

Smash Cadet
Hello brothers I play a pocket Luigi. My main is Sheik but I still use a ton of Weegee. Luigi has always been one of my favorite Nintendo characters and I really enjoy him in this game. Just dropping in to say hi. Also I'd love to have some new friends/playing partners

EDIT: just btw I don't think Weegee is nearly as bad as some people say he is.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Weegee is one of my favourite characters. I really love him.
So I guess this is the social thread for him, huh? I guess you will see me more often then.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
I just came here to say how great of a character I found Luigi to be, y'see, I like conquest a lot so I participate whenever there's a character I like in there, so this week's the match is between the Links and the great Mr. L himself, so I thought I would contribute, and to be honest I got my ass kicked the first few times, but quickly, I learned to use his tools in efficient ways, I mean, he combos like a beast, and has some decent damage output, also Mario's got nuthin' on that gravity defying green fireball of Luigi's, it's just too good for approaches.

Though I feel the Links are going to win, but anyway, no one's taking away from me the sheer joy that is playing with Luigi!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Weegee... is by far my most favourite character to play with, even if I'm not that good with him. Atleast I have helped lik 4 matches for conquest.

Another question... is the levitation spin still in the game, and... how does he work? Still didn't found out x.X

Iko-Seiko

Smash Apprentice
Yo! One of my most unexpectedly tense matchups recently was against Hyper Crasher's Luigi in tournament! The Mario-Luigi matchup is pretty crazy now. Must respect to the little brother. Dthrow->Fair->Fair is formidable for sure.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I'd main weegee again, as soon as my green missle get's more priority, atleast the super rocket explosion one.

Also, how is everyone?

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
I'm going to shamelessly advertise my tourney, because we don't have a Weegee yet. There are also several more characters still available, so players of other characters are welcome to look as well. Link in signature.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Did anything at all change with Luigi in the recent update? I'm downloading now and will see if anything changed when it comes to damage.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Did anything at all change with Luigi in the recent update? I'm downloading now and will see if anything changed when it comes to damage.
F Smash buff 3% increase + 10% earlier knockback kill I think.

That's it.

D

Deleted member

F Smash buff 3% increase + 10% earlier knockback kill I think.

That's it.
Well... at least it's better than nothing or getting a nerf.
It's a shame they didn't buff his recovery, however.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well... at least it's better than nothing or getting a nerf.
It's a shame they didn't buff his recovery, however.
True. Some people say they think the fireball is faster or up B has a bigger hitbox, but I think it's more that they are imagining it, since it hasn't been confirmed

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
I just had to post here to call out an insane Luigi I met in For Glory that goes by the name "Marvin." Whoever you are, if you're here, I'm that Bowser, "(9)", that you trashed like no tomorrow. Thank you for playing soooooooooo many games with me without bailing out. I've learned more from you than I have from any other player. You are a god, and I'm sorry I couldn't provide you with any challenge. Hope this message reaches you. Stay awesome.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else do the challenge on the Wii U version where you had to survive Cruel Smash for a minute as Luigi?
I did... it was hell, too. I avoided most of the enemies... the Luigi Cyclone is a lifesaver here as you can use it to avoid the enemies.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Hey Sama, I watched some of your matches at KTAR, you were actually doing quite good! :)

Did you make it out of pools?
No I ended up getting 3rd in the pool. I lost to wizzrobe(sheik) but I am impressed that I did better the 2nd time I played him. We were on smashville game 3 and he catches me with a grab. He does fthrow to fair and now I'm no 103% and he is at 82%. I was going to try to recover diagonally with cyclone, but he way all the way off stage to bair me and won. Next time I'll make sure that I will get into bracket.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Just out of curiosity, did anyone else do the challenge on the Wii U version where you had to survive Cruel Smash for a minute as Luigi?
I did... it was hell, too. I avoided most of the enemies... the Luigi Cyclone is a lifesaver here as you can use it to avoid the enemies.
I didn't know there was a challenge for that.

D

Deleted member

I didn't know there was a challenge for that.
There is and it's pretty difficult if you don't follow what GameXplain did.
I did it day one of release and it was pretty hard. I had to set up a pattern where I avoided the Multi-Men and used the Luigi Cyclone to get to the top of the screen where they can't reach me.
[collapse=In case you want to be saved yourself the trouble of what you get...]The reward isn't worth it. You just get a Mr. L trophy.[/collapse]

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
No I ended up getting 3rd in the pool. I lost to wizzrobe(sheik) but I am impressed that I did better the 2nd time I played him. We were on smashville game 3 and he catches me with a grab. He does fthrow to fair and now I'm no 103% and he is at 82%. I was going to try to recover diagonally with cyclone, but he way all the way off stage to bair me and won. Next time I'll make sure that I will get into bracket.
I hope my help was useful for the matches I was there for.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
There is and it's pretty difficult if you don't follow what GameXplain did.
I did it day one of release and it was pretty hard. I had to set up a pattern where I avoided the Multi-Men and used the Luigi Cyclone to get to the top of the screen where they can't reach me.
[collapse=In case you want to be saved yourself the trouble of what you get...]The reward isn't worth it. You just get a Mr. L trophy.[/collapse]
Hey. That's all I want. Gonna get this trophy!

Colonel_S

Smash Rookie
Long time Weegie player, just making it on the boards. I've pretty much lurked on this board since before Brawl's days, but just getting out now.
Been seeing some great stuff from everyone here!

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I actually think before we have a combo thread that we should have 1 main match up thread so threads aren't everywhere.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Does anyone really want to get a Luigi amiibo and teach it to do d-throw combos? Surely I can't be the only one who thinks this will be awesome. Physically, Luigi amiibo figures actually look like one of the ones that turned out better than the others (Sheik for example didn't get the hair right).

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Does anyone really want to get a Luigi amiibo and teach it to do d-throw combos? Surely I can't be the only one who thinks this will be awesome. Physically, Luigi amiibo figures actually look like one of the ones that turned out better than the others (Sheik for example didn't get the hair right).
Eh...it kind of looks like Luigi is getting it on with an ice cube for his amiibo lol. Should have used a default standing pose like Mario [All amiibos should]. It's ok though, could look worse [Link and his butterstick pole, Falcon's gigantic pole]

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Eh...it kind of looks like Luigi is getting it on with an ice cube for his amiibo lol. Should have used a default standing pose like Mario [All amiibos should]. It's ok though, could look worse [Link and his butterstick pole, Falcon's gigantic pole]
The stands are removable (I think). The Amazon page for Luigi amiibo has a picture of him with the stand and one without.

Top Bottom