• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
f
"i would bet my modship that scum wouldnt kill you tonight if youre town. enough towniesve identified each other that the ******** 'kill x for no connections :troll:' strategy is out the window"

town marshy: This is an awful lot of confidence for someone who genuinely doesn't know who scum are or how they're thinking right now. You just mislynched (assuming Sokr isn't ****ing with us for no reason). Eat your crow and quit acting like you're in any position to be in the driver's seat of this game right now

scum marshy: i see you
why are you acting like this is something new for me

That lynch was just like pre-game. You seriously get mad at am for not prodding people and follow it up with a lynch like that? You literally have nothing on am after that crap play. Seriously get over yourself.
^ ignore at all costs
Ignore is too strong a word, but, real talk, you help no one with that post because it doubles as a thinly veiled personal attack.

Are you stupid? We're not lynching AM, especially after this absolutely terrible lynch. Get over yourself.

Cop on thuggin please.
I'm more worried about AM dying in the night with my name being thrown around like that and those night action calls. I am 100% not worried about being lynched tomorrow.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
i would bet my modship that scum wouldnt kill you tonight if youre town. enough towniesve identified each other that the ******** "kill x for no connections :troll:" strategy is out the window

i just noticed that joey placed the entirety of the lynchs blame on me. yeah dude you need to pay attention to the game and get over this weird dislike of me. that kind of comment extends past thinking im scum
Lol no. You really need to get over yourself. Like, not even joking.

I'm not blaming you for ****. You just participated in a really crappy and pointless quicklynch for literally no reason and still expect to lead town when you literally have been playing like **** this entire game. It's hilarious that you think you have any merit to town when you're playing this badly.

This lynch is null to me. It was literally Gord saying "I hope people don't mind this LOLHAMMER" when people were actually expecting to get something out of it, so we pretty much get nothing out of it.

The fact that you're trying to lead town into another lynch with literally nothing behind it is completely stupid and shows that you have no town intent. Why would you try to get rid of another player that you have literally nothing substantial information on when you just participated in a complete **** lynch? Wouldn't you want to actually try? You're literally trying to throw the game here, and the fact that you are trying to turn this on me is silly. Get over yourself.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
karebear/rake/gorf. i cannot in honesty say im townreading frito/soup

the pr calls are fine. doc on obvtown and cop on people whose hos investigations will be worthwhile regardless of other ****

btw this was still largely a townfueled wagon. prolly 1 scum on it 2 MAYBE at most. prolly the former. im just saying this before some ****** comes in here saying "wow scum mustve been all over that wagon lets focus there!"

no
This post is REALLY bad. Like, really, really, really bad.

The grain of truth, yes it is a largely town fueled wagon. Due to the nature of the game, all Day 1 wagons are. Yes, people should take that in mind. However, if we were to blindly lynch down that wagon until the end, I would bet my position in both the small and large queue that at least one scum turned up. I don't even think you're right in that it's likely that there's only one. I would put my money on 2 and MAYBE 1 or 3. We definitely SHOULD be focusing on that wagon tomorrow. Taking a hard look at it. No, not all consuming, but it's by far the best place to go.

Lol no. You really need to get over yourself. Like, not even joking.

I'm not blaming you for ****. You just participated in a really crappy and pointless quicklynch for literally no reason and still expect to lead town when you literally have been playing like **** this entire game. It's hilarious that you think you have any merit to town when you're playing this badly.

This lynch is null to me. It was literally Gord saying "I hope people don't mind this LOLHAMMER" when people were actually expecting to get something out of it, so we pretty much get nothing out of it.

The fact that you're trying to lead town into another lynch with literally nothing behind it is completely stupid and shows that you have no town intent. Why would you try to get rid of another player that you have literally nothing substantial information on when you just participated in a complete **** lynch? Wouldn't you want to actually try? You're literally trying to throw the game here, and the fact that you are trying to turn this on me is silly. Get over yourself.
This conversation has some merit to it. There is something to be gained from it. Specifically your accusations of there being nothing behind his accusation on us. I highly doubt that is the case. Even if he's scum, he wouldn't fire his gun if he didn't think there was a chance it would hit and not rebound at him. However, you are coming across really angry and there is probably not time to cover this angle right now. Especially if it faces constant derail because someone is telling you to calm down.

@ Gorf - We need to have a good long discussion tomorrow. It'll be fun, assuming we both live that long. I need to get straight in my head where you're looking at.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
fwhy are you acting like this is something new for me
it's not new for you. but it's absolutely something you hide behind as scum

bee tee dubs, falling back on "my town meta is really scummy so you should never think I'm scum" looks like a tacit admission of guilt.

[quote="Friday Townie, post: 16042995, member: 225886"God damn it I hate all of you for this flip.

[...]

I'm out.[/quote]

Chill out. That lynch was not horrendous. Calling the doc at this stage is a horrid idea, as I appear to be repeating at this point.

I do not like angry Ruy. It always reminds me of scum Ruy. Watch him in late game.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Unofficial vote-count:

Sokr [8] Kary, AM, Rake, Soup, We Thuggin, Gorf, Scary, Nabe,
meanwhile we have jerkus/dabdab off the wagon (bothve been making bad posts) and raz whos a blank slate. of this wagon i only see nabe/yourself/soup as scum (tho i see why people could think im scum but im not worried about that **** right now) so yeah. do you actually have thoughts on the wagoners or were you just throwing out a number?

bee tee dubs, falling back on "my town meta is really scummy so you should never think I'm scum" looks like a tacit admission of guilt.

This boys and girls, is why the "I hate reading Marshy club" has great T-shirt sales. We have a new one that with a sad Sailor Jupiter on the front with text that says, "I expected better of you, Stew."

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2

no jerkus. that quote youre bull****ting should be read as "townjerkus would know this is null for marshy but a scumjerkus benefits to act oblivious and ride the wave against my slot"

**** outta hear with that grade a bull****

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
meanwhile we have jerkus/dabdab off the wagon (bothve been making bad posts) and raz whos a blank slate. of this wagon i only see nabe/yourself/soup as scum (tho i see why people could think im scum but im not worried about that **** right now) so yeah. do you actually have thoughts on the wagoners or were you just throwing out a number?

Hmm, a vote-count would be useful to keep track of how the wagon went down so I put it out there. And yes, I do. I think I've stated how I'm looking at Nabe/Gorf like...a page or so back.

marshy why the **** are you always so hard to cooperate with like im sitting here deciding between if i should go with my instinct on how to read you or if i should listen to the majority of the people giving you **** like have you even considered what i've mentioned at all and you're too busy stroking your damn ego to even acknowledge anything i've said (is the reason you scum-read me because i don't agree with am read because please stop treating me like im some kind of child that you have to babysit and remind that you don't like me have the ****ing nerve to just upright tell me) because i dunno you keep saying these reads and things like your word is in gospel and nobody should question it like i have plenty of reason to suspect gorf from his shady attitude towards this and i have every reason to suspect nabe for literally just coming out of nowhere with a vote like please marshy bless me with your mafia prowess i am dying for you to tell me why im wrong that doesn't include an ad hominiem argument please the floor is all yours now

#HBC | ѕoup

why am i even making that post why don't you just tell me im bad like you do with 99.9% of the players that disagree with you lmao

Throwing out a number based on the number of mafia games I've been in or involved with which PROBABLY outnumbers your's despite the fact that you predate me on the site. Not that I'm saying you don't have enough experience to gauge it, but to say I have enough experience to gauge it accurately. In fact, I am saying that you should be able to gauge it and you are saying something that is almost certainly an inaccurate assessment based on the time frame. That alone is suspect.

The number is based on the fact that we has a lynch less than 24 hours into the game's start. It happened before multiple players were allowed to make an impact and leaves us in a situation where you point out Raz as a blank slate who is, due to no small contribution, partially your fault. Can you point out to me a few examples where a similar situation has occurred where most of the scum aren't on the wagon? Also, how many of those can you find a counterpoint to where I'm right? Which do you think numbers more in similar situations.

I am taken back to whichever game was ruined by players (including myself) joining you (marshy) on an HBC cruise to a rapid defeat. How often were the majority of your scum team on the lynch wagon?

No, I don't have strong reads at the moment. I dislike you. I am wary of Ruy. I do like Soup. I didn't like Sokr. I would like to see Dabuz vigged. If you want reads, defer to things posted by Laundry and I'll hook you up with an updated and unified spread tomorrow, however, that does not change the fact we should definitely be looking at that wagon tomorrow.

#HBC | ѕoup

i have no issue with you being uncomfortable with nabe. scary/gorf are off limits and town gains zero benefit from looking in that direction

every part of my being wants to scream why but i know you won't tell me

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
no jerkus. that quote youre bull****ting should be read as "townjerkus would know this is null for marshy but a scumjerkus benefits to act oblivious and ride the wave against my slot"

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/hearts-mafia-game-over-who-won.321608/

sometimes scummy play means you're scum

you're right; you do this kind of **** as town too. but if you think that means that no one should ever question you, or buck what you're saying, that's when you start to lean shady.

I mostly just don't want anybody following your lead in the immediate future. Whether you're town or scum, the fact that you just assisted a quicklynch and are still trying to direct PRs and even plan tomorrow's lynch without hesitation means your judgement is suspect. you're not stopping to think and reevaluate. you're either scum rushing through **** because you're the type of player that can get away with it, or your town who needs to get in the backseat for a while

Yeah, that's the basis of a solid scum game plan.

"No, [accuser], that's bull****. [Accuser's reason] should be interpreted to say [something that paints my slot as protown or neutral]."

Mafia is a game of WIFOM and you're driving me up the wall with that.

I'm sir Weston, town cold jailor. I can freeze someone once a night and if I do so to the same person two nights in a row, they die.

I am upset about it but there's no reason to rage or whatever. It's done.

As for reads, I'm not caught up enough in the game to have any. I'm sorry, that's not useful at all.

I was planning on getting caught up later this week when I had free time, but so much for that.
Does that work like a traditional Jailer? As in, roleblocks the target and protects them from night kills? Or is it just the 2 night vig?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Are you really getting mad at Ryu for being angry?

I'm furious. So is he. Ryu is the type of person that would be mad at this. This lynch was total crap, and it happened WAY too early into the phase. This is the reason why you let a person get into the game before you try to read them. The fact that he couldn't even catch up before he got lynched made us lose a power role. It was a completely crappy lynch that shouldn't have happened until we got (way) more information on the slot. 100% null and I'm very shocked that you think this merits watch on Ryu at all (it doesn't).

Like, he made one crap post, and he literally got lynched for that one post. Like... Why? Kary even says this "But Sokr hasn't done anything. So no leads for me based on that."

We get nothing out of this lynch. The wagon votes were just a bunch of hype that usually dies off (like it should), and almost everyone can say they jumped on to pressure Sokr so that he'd be easier to read when he caught up. We get almost nothing out of this. It was a very poorly formed wagon with people playing like crap and lynching Sokr off of a pre-catch up post. The fact that Gord hammered the way he did pretty much shuts down anything we could have gotten from this.

I disagree with Ryu on hindsight of his own play at the moment and the fact I feel a scum-ruy would jump at the townie points instead of actively stating his dislike for how things went down, because under the assumption Sokr does flip scum, it makes Ruy look terrible. I know he's not willing to take that risk.

I don't know how to feel about Gorf, remind me when Sokr flips something.
That's a sad post. Scum Ruy knows Sokr isn't mafia and is perfectly capable of saying whatever he damn well pleases to illicit whatever reaction he's searching for from town.

Read to the top of page 15 backwards. Will be leaving work as soon as I'm current, calling Alex, and trying to get back before day ends, but I dunno where I'm staying tonight (which grandparent, I'm working for my grandfather atm and am out of town), so I might not make it.

#HBC | ѕoup

I was speaking in a perspective assuming Sokr was scum, which I know someone is going to throw WIFOM at me but I agree with Joey on Ruy and I really liked his outburst. Hell, I just like the fact that he's active and openly stating his opinions instead of hiding behind meaningless questions and random votes. His push on thuggin' (something I don't believe scum ruy would do) is basically the meat of why I'm town-reading him, and I really don't care if I get burned by leaning on my own meta for him because I'm trying not to doubt myself lately as I feel I got scatterbrained sometimes constantly re-thinking things.

Are you really getting mad at Ryu for being angry?
Yes. I can't site specific places at the moment, but I am fine with trusting my memory that shouty, cursing, all caps, Ruy is scum Ruy. I'm not saying he's on the chopping block, but whenever he makes an outburst, my first response is to look at him more deeply and see what I find. However, I can't do that tomorrow if I'm dead, so now the word is out.

I'm furious. So is he. Ryu is the type of person that would be mad at this. This lynch was total crap, and it happened WAY too early into the phase. This is the reason why you let a person get into the game before you try to read them. The fact that he couldn't even catch up before he got lynched made us lose a power role. It was a completely crappy lynch that shouldn't have happened until we got (way) more information on the slot. 100% null and I'm very shocked that you think this merits watch on Ryu at all (it doesn't).
I can see you're furious, but that's much more in character, which is why I'm telling you to stop instead of saying to watch you for it.

Happened way to early, yes. Much of what you say is right and it was a bad lynch, yes. Lost a PR, yes. However, this is the opposite of the normal issue that we don't lynch as early as we should. Probably more destructive, but still recoverable. Sokr is a slot that will almost certainly always be read as scum given long enough to **** up, that's inexperience. The slot being lost Day 1 probably rushed the inevitable, though possibly not. It gives us all the positives of a night phase along with the negatives. His lynch wasn't the worst. It wasn't lynching town Evil Eye (shout-outs to Day Vigs), it wasn't town AM, it wasn't even town We Thuggin. It wasn't lynching town Cop, it wasn't lynching a bloody town Beloved Princess. It has merit, don't make that mean it's a good lynch when I'm preaching it isn't.

Like, he made one crap post, and he literally got lynched for that one post. Like... Why? Kary even says this "But Sokr hasn't done anything. So no leads for me based on that."

We get nothing out of this lynch. The wagon votes were just a bunch of hype that usually dies off (like it should), and almost everyone can say they jumped on to pressure Sokr so that he'd be easier to read when he caught up. We get almost nothing out of this. It was a very poorly formed wagon with people playing like crap and lynching Sokr off of a pre-catch up post. The fact that Gord hammered the way he did pretty much shuts down anything we could have gotten from this.
Don't make a crap post then. We get it, it's a bad lynch. Shut up about it unless we gain something by saying that over and over again. There are leads there to be had and talking points for tomorrow. GET somthing out of it, you shouldn't have the nothing you imply. Your dislike for We Thuggin is more information than you had beforehand, even if it's only a change in degree of dislike.

We get everyone's position on the wagon. That's a paper trail. We get the people who weren't on the wagon. More paper trail. We see Gorf hammered, if you can't take further information in the game and get something out of that, you're dumb. We get Sokr's alignment to compare his early game interactions to the rest of the cast. We get his role for information on the set-up.

Man up, end of rant.

I was speaking in a perspective assuming Sokr was scum, which I know someone is going to throw WIFOM at me but I agree with Joey on Ruy and I really liked his outburst. Hell, I just like the fact that he's active and openly stating his opinions instead of hiding behind meaningless questions and random votes. His push on thuggin' (something I don't believe scum ruy would do) is basically the meat of why I'm town-reading him, and I really don't care if I get burned by leaning on my own meta for him because I'm trying not to doubt myself lately as I feel I got scatterbrained sometimes constantly re-thinking things.
You read him based on that, I'll read him based on it, I'll read you based on your reaction to his reaction, you read me on the same. End of the day, listen to me and look at him late in the game if you're what's left. The only real purpose of that post is to get my PoV out there in case I can't do it in the future.

Aye man lets just hope nobody gets to L-1, we never know what crazy ol' Gorfs gonna do man!
You've been my bro in the past, homie, so do me a favor and don't do anything stupid. Unless you've moved, I still have your address and could probably scare the **** out of your sister.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
f
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/hearts-mafia-game-over-who-won.321608/

sometimes scummy play means you're scum

you're right; you do this kind of **** as town too. but if you think that means that no one should ever question you, or buck what you're saying, that's when you start to lean shady.

I mostly just don't want anybody following your lead in the immediate future. Whether you're town or scum, the fact that you just assisted a quicklynch and are still trying to direct PRs and even plan tomorrow's lynch without hesitation means your judgement is suspect. you're not stopping to think and reevaluate. you're either scum rushing through **** because you're the type of player that can get away with it, or your town who needs to get in the backseat for a while
so you mostly just dont want anyone following my lead when like 5 posts ago you had scum marshy pinned. im sorry but reeling back to this post with your carefully chosen language planted on the tail end of a failed wagon with backlash coming my way just reeks of disingenuous bull**** with you appealing to town cuz this line of interaction with me accomplishes NOTHING

you could be reading the game. you could be posting reads. but this is the first thingthat comes to your mind? am i wrong for hating the **** outta your slot right now?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Man up is a terrible phrase. Don't use it. It implies that masculinity is important and it's not in the slightest. :|

This outburst is completely in character with Ryu outside of game as a person. It does not gain us a read on him. 100% null. It's obvious that he's mad that we as a town are playing like total ****, and that's not something you gain a read on from Ryu.

The point of me continuously going into that was to show that there is reason to be angry at this wagon. It's repetitive, but that gets the point across. Reading Ryu off of that is completely idiotic and a total waste of time. You'd be waaay better off looking into the rest of his play.

Top Bottom