• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Is Not Irrelevant: An Appeal To Stop Acting Like He is.

Eddy 007

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Vist, lets team, it will be like SS/Darkrain XD.

Me encantaría ir Blea, pero en este momento veo muy díficil que pueda ir, aunque estoy seguro de ir a Genesis 2; Pound 5, se ve que va estar bien chingón con todas las estaciones que van a tener para jugar, así que disfrútalo :D .

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i hope eddy can come to pound, i hear you're AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blea u gonna **** this time and not "lose" ur wallet? LOL

Banks

Smash Hero
i sadly only get to practice certain matchups on the regular, i def do not know how to properly use sheik in numerous situations including anything involving luigi.

and yea you're winston right? that was a pretty good tv location we got

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
blea i dont think we ever played a single match haha :) must fix that at p5. beating on luigi is my pasttime

i took you to the airport and...ran the tournament :p

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
no i thought i played u, but the one i played was banks. btw funny set banks

plank, owning me wif ur sheiks it's gonna be fun huh? haha

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Luigi has an awesome DD
Do it more. Grab more, none of this jab>grab crap.
FTILT UTILT SO GOOD
I feel nearly unstoppable with Luigi these days. Been playing more than once a month and had a good holiday section of meleeage. FINALLY back into form in this game after a year of rarely and barely playing.
<3 this game and Luigi
He's a gross character.

I played you in doubles at Rom3 I think banks.
Fun

D

Deleted member

luigi ***** low tiers.

but he's not much after that.

too bad.

D

Deleted member

^ You forgot "decent against fastfallers who don't know how to DI his stuff"
why would someone want to switch to luigi to beat bad players? especially if, once those fastfallers get good, they beat you badly? you're not selling your character well.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well, you can also do well against good players if you're good ...
...But you get to easily **** the players who suck

Besides, even the best players don't always have the best defensive habits vs characters they're not used to dealing with

Besides, I don't think Winston was being terrible serious ¬.¬

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Luigi players get down on them (and their character) too much.

Glad I don't really 'main' him, but it's disheartening to see.

BC has the BEST "VS LUIGI" game in the entire world (after SW and Eggz obviously, as BC is so close and BO10/Dalt/Dies/Diak/PR and etc all lived tight through the Ka erra and me and a couple others used him often since then)
and even against players that 'know how to DI his stuff with fasties' or 'space the way they should with marth/sheik/etc'
Luigi is still an AMAZING character beyond what he's given credit for.

If you think otherwise, STEP IT UP!
That's all there is to it.
It's tough though, since it's so rare to find someone good who actually does know how to play VS Luigi, let alone a Luigi that's good for them to play.
Keep going, and don't be silly. :p

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Bamesy, do u have any videos on youtube? I wanna see ur Luigi

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I wouldn't know bout any vs luigi players down here. Just be low tiers hur. What I can tell you is that I used to think that luigi sucked too. But wen I sucked back in the day my marth kept being beat by this luigi. So "don't get mad, get even" So I got better. I didn't start playing him to beat bad char or people, but to throw good people and good players off. It works too. Luigi is revalent. Always will be.

Btw I typed this on a phone!

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Blea Gelo, How did you practice doing moves out of hitstun? In this video, you shieldgrab peach's b-air way faster than I usually can, (at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwZdgaQMUeU&feature=player_detailpage#t=77s) I understand that this shieldgrab probably isn't possible if peach was any lower in the air, due to shield stun, but is there a specific way of practicing this technique or visually knowing when you are not shieldstunned any more and you can grab / jump / etC? Also, Should you ever use Luigi's second or third jab on a peach? I can jab dsmash pretty good, but I am wondering about how good of an option using all 3 or just the first and second of Luigi's jab is.

ALSO: How do you DI Sheik's needles. At (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dvKYBF1VbJY#t=609s) You get hit by some needles but don't get pushed back. This also happens in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-DA_JqLEKYk#t=33s). How do you do this?

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
you should visually know when to do that kind of shield grab. this can happen in different occasions, for example, when a falco hits the upper part of your shield, and you have the fully L pressed shield, DI'ing in.
there, you can shield grab.
jabbing it's always part of your game. i don't know, i have always said that jabs are for two special things, putting apart what it does in the game. 1.- lil extra damage, 2.- mental hit. there is nothing special on jabbing twice or three times, if jabbing once and d smashing is making your game work out well then leave it that way. i think jabbing works well depending also in the %. when your opponent is in a high %, the third jab pushes him away, and he'll be in the need of tech. from that point, you can tech chase and punish.

Needles: DI up with the joystick, and in with the C stick. that's called double stick DI. that's how it works for me
TIP: jabbing works pretty well on sheik.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Smash DI works on needles too.
Just mash the Joystick in the direction you want to go in 1/4 circles in the corner and it'll do wonders.

Angling your shield towards what's hitting you allows the shieldstun from hits to end sooner since it hits earlier.
Hence Dash>Shield is so good when wanting/knowing to take a hit.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Later Luigi bros.
I'm off to music projects so this is my last post for a couple months.
Been awesome discussion...not much...on these incredibly sleepy forums sections hahah
You're all awesome! Hopefully we can eventually talk more and even meet. <3

So back to something mildly useful (lol)

This is my last post here for a couple months. Got music stuff kicking in, so gg gaming time.
Thanks for all the discussion and things in the last 5 months or whatever. Everything from the lulz to the serious talk. Nair sucking to DA>jab resetting. So fun and so good.
Keep it up everyone!
<3 you guys.

Don't get down on yourselves or your character so much. There is more room to grow as players and Luigi as a character than any of you know. I might not know much, but I know that much.
You got this, but you have to know that you got this to 'get it'... it's all on YOU
YOU are the ONLY people dedicating ANYTHING to Luigi in the whole world as far as progression as players with this character goes. Take that, go with it. It's up to you, each and all of you, together.

Final words...
DON'T STOP CHANGING. To improve is to become different towards what is better. To become different is to change. Changing is the ONLY way to EVER improve. Metagame, yourself, anything. Always remember that, what's in your head will beat what anyone's hands can do. :)

Been doing great with Luigi, always will, and only getting better.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Luigi is cheap. If he didn't suck against Ganon, his only bad matchups would be Sheik, Fox and Falco.

He's not horrible against Falcon like a lot of people seem to think, nor is he horrible against Marth.

Top Bottom