• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Changes, Round 1.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Replays broke, so it's that time again!

I'll update the thread as we go until 3 hours from now, then I'll update it again in the morning. What are we looking at fellas?

This item can be used to compare a lot of Luigi's 1.1.0 data.
http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Luigi

Changes:

I can confirm Luigi DThrow nerfs.

DThrow got a base knockback reduction. When DThrowing Mario at 0%, you can land 1 fair, the second one must be fast falled or else, it won't connect. I assume doing DThrow -> Fair on fast fallers at 0% will be nearly impossible.

Also, at higher percents, DThrow's knockback got increased, it's impossible to land any attack after around 120% on Mario. Luigi can't do DThrow -> Cyclone/Bair, heck even Uair won't land.

Testes it with patched Wii U and unpatched 3DS.
In response to the above change (before we have real numbers):

FOR THOSE BUMMED ABOUT LUIGI NERF, A PLAYER FORM OUR REGION FOUND SOME NEW COMBOS WITH THE DOWNTHROW

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muni12co1a4rsfs/Weegee.mp4?dl=0

We got numbers!

Global Changes:
  • Shield damage on tech get up attack decreased across the cast 10 → 8
  • Shield stun mechanics altered: formula assumed: [(damage / 1.8)+3] over (damage/2.56) [?]
  • Invincibility on back roll and air dodges reduced by 1 [?]

Up-b 2 (aerial and ground) initial hitbox had this:
size=3.799999952316284
y=6.0
x=6.400000095367432
changed to this:
size=4.0
y=5.5
x=7.0

Down b 3 got the same buffs as doc's.

Luigi D-smash part 1 kbg 80 -> 85
Luigi D-smash part 2 kbg 100 -> 104

Down-b initial hitboxes hitlag 1.0x -> 1.3x
Down-b final hitboxes kbg 130 -> 120, the 90 angle hitbox changed to angle 89.

D-throw growth 30 -> 83, base 75 -> 55.

Dair spike hitbox size 1.8 -> 2.5

Last edited:

Kyle Strand

Smash Cadet
NNID
soccer_tennis11
Nakat just practiced with luigi on stream. Down throw has been changed a fair amount. It has new knockback growth. No more confirmed kill setups at high percents and no more bread and butter fairs at low percent

Pyr

Smash Lord
Why do I always have to be at work when the patches come out. Lol.

Does it seem to still combo into stuff at low percents? And when does D-Throw > UAir stop working? That would give us a good idea of when it no longer true combos into things.

Also, up-throw > down-B still possible?

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
I can confirm Luigi DThrow nerfs.

DThrow got a base knockback reduction. When DThrowing Mario at 0%, you can land 1 fair, the second one must be fast falled or else, it won't connect. I assume doing DThrow -> Fair on fast fallers at 0% will be nearly impossible.

Also, at higher percents, DThrow's knockback got increased, it's impossible to land any attack after around 120% on Mario. Luigi can't do DThrow -> Cyclone/Bair, heck even Uair won't land.

Testes it with patched Wii U and unpatched 3DS.

I can also confirm Sheik fair damage nerf, from 5% -> 4.25% (it does 4, 8, 12, 17 on 1.1.1).
Sorry for bringing you to this thread Regi. =p

Someone please tell me that Fair > Fair now works at... I wanna say 22%? And that the Fair > Fair > Regrab still works if it's Fair > ff UAir > regrab?

Cause, if it's how I think it is, it should go like this:
Character get's regrabbed if you perform the string, depending on character:

Fair to...
(x becomes y)

Fair > Uair
Uair > Nair
Nair > impossible

Also tell me that the Nair crowd gets caught by PP utilt.

Edit: OMG I bet D Throw > D-Smash > regrab works now on Sheik and Falcon.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm...so sorry my fellow Luigi mains. This was an unneeded nerf when Sheik was left untouched.

Come on guys, group hug. I need one.

Pyr

Smash Lord
*Hugs a Yonder*

Don't worry bro. Throw is easy to see. Nintendo doesn't usually do something like this without some sort of compensation. Wait for the rest of the data to come in. <3

And hey. If it's just a flat nerf, we'll find a way to make it a secret buff!

Wow, Luigi has a ton of changes. Skipping.
See. There is hope. <3

Last edited:

NeoRed

Smash Cadet
I think that Green Missile does less damage now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but uncharged, the move does 6%

edit: Yeah, and now the misfire does 4% less aswell. Does 21% now.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Well this sucks. I was expecting some smaller changes like nerfs to his neutral air or something, holy wow. Gonna have to really relearn his combos and such after Big House 5.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
His down throw knockback was increased?

No wonder why I can't land a D-Throw to Cyclone anymore....

Well at least D-Throw to Meteor is easier to land right?????

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
The only good that came from this is while my state is cheering for the 'death" of Luigi, I'll be ahead and learning everything I can to make the most of the nerf and hope I can give them something else to complain about. ;)

NeoRed

Smash Cadet
Oh my god, if Luigi somehow gets a somehow equal matchup against Sheik then I'm so rooting for you guys, even though I'm a Mario main

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Ayyyy lets find some new ways to beat the mess out of Sheik.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Luigi's d-throw nerf was a bummer, but at least we get some fun new options against fast fallers at low %s

D-throw -> Up-B, Fsmash, Dsmash, or Usmash are all true combos on Sheik at 0%

And I see my video already got posted- https://www.dropbox.com/s/muni12co1a4rsfs/Weegee.mp4?dl=0
What does this mean against non-fast fallers/floaties? Still same combos at low percentages or only 1 fair/uair?

What about uthrow to down b btw? Anyone able to test it?

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
What does this mean against non-fast fallers/floaties? Still same combos at low percentages or only 1 fair/uair?

What about uthrow to down b btw? Anyone able to test it?
I just tested on Sonic and Jigglypuff for two different points of reference.

U-smash true combos both of them and comboing into fair still works pretty much the same.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I just tested on Sonic and Jigglypuff for two different points of reference.

U-smash true combos both of them and comboing into fair still works pretty much the same.
Sweet! Thanks.

At what percentage does dthrow lose its follow up btw? Around 80 ish??

D

Deleted member

So his down throw and his Cyclone was nerfed? Sheik also went nearly untouched?
This just started to be a bad day for me.

D

Deleted member

They likely wouldn't drop luigi. The bandwagoners are the more likely candidates for dropping the char.
I also hope that people won't call him braindead anymore. That is what I want.
I want to prove to people that I am a good Luigi and that I am not being carried by my character.
I'm still sticking with Luigi regardless of any buff or nerf.

Pook and Pie

Smash Rookie
So I've played Luigi since SSB64 and never knew his dair spiked because I always use it at (I guess) the wrong angles.

I just got it twice today, lol. That hitbox size buff is a thing, unless my placebo is going crazy.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
So Luigi's down throw is basically like Mario's now? That sounds pretty cool actually.

TriTails

Smash Lord
D-throw is now probably useless at 130+%-ish. We lose basically all of our kill setups.

Combos we can work around, but now that killing may be a problem for Luigi now his MUs probably got universally worse.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
D-throw is now probably useless at 130+%-ish. We lose basically all of our kill setups.

Combos we can work around, but now that killing may be a problem for Luigi now his MUs probably got universally worse.
Nair-Cyclone
Up tilt-Cyclone
Nair-anything really

TriTails

Smash Lord
How are you going to land N-air in neutral tho? And IIRC U-tilt is too slow to be comboed into Cyclone or B-air. Same probably goes for N-air.

Exegguter

Smash Lord

Usmash/bair/bthrow/dsmash/nair and fsmash are still great.

Plus the dthrow nerf isn't that bad since he still racks up damage really quick.
----------------------------------------

Dthrow to fsmash/usmash at 0% is a whopping 20%. In the 20 to 50% area you can still get a dthrow to fair, fair/fair, uair and till 30% ish fair to ff Nair. Against a Mario you can get a dthrow to uair till 110ish.

Luigi is still a great character imo and I'm going to enjoy him more now. I hope the community will back of the 'braindead' namecalling a bit and I hope we will find some more dthrow into dair -> followup combos now

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The concept of the character did not really change. You just now have a harder time killing. People are still going to call Luigi braindead regardless. You shouldn't care anyway if you actually enjoy playing the character.

Süberr

Smash Rookie
Excited for the changes. From the combo video it doesn't look that bad as a nerf. Looks like we don't have a guarantee kill setups yet but it should be fun to find out new things.

TriTails

Smash Lord
IDK if we kill well after this. Killing was one of our biggest strength last patch as most non-top tiers don't have intuitive ways to set up one kill move. Now that it's gone, I'd expect a hit in the Lucario matchup.

But if it was a kill throw it would be pretty hillarious :p.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
This character just got nerfed out of relevance. Luigi is just another boring character with crappy combos and no good kill options now. Matches will take even longer.

Against all odds, they just managed to make smash4 even worse.

Bravo

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Why the F*** did they have to do that to Luigi?! Why?!!! He got worse because of those d*** nerfs!!!

I'm sorry for yelling, guys, but I'm just really p***** for what they did to my number one main and they did not have to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom