• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
Generally her in-game model looks gorgeous until she tries to express herself. Then it looks kind of strange IMO.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
I couldn't find a good shot of my avatar in a transparent background so I had to make it myself.

Love that Marth mask though, too stylish, glad you can take it off and put it on whenever you want mid-battle as well.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Seems that the final conclusion on the whole Lucina instead of Chrom thing is that it was never a choice between Lucina and Chrom at all. Chrom's place was taken by Robin because of how much more unique Robin was. Lucina was always going to be in the game as an alternate costume for Marth, but Sakurai saw the opportunity to change her slightly and give her an individual slot instead. In short, Lucina was not a "cheap last minute addition" by any means; she was simply split from Marth's slot.

This makes me happier to know. :)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Seems that the final conclusion on the whole Lucina instead of Chrom thing is that it was never a choice between Lucina and Chrom at all. Chrom's place was taken by Robin because of how much more unique Robin was. Lucina was always going to be in the game as an alternate costume for Marth, but Sakurai saw the opportunity to change her slightly and give her an individual slot instead. In short, Lucina was not a "cheap last minute addition" by any means; she was simply split from Marth's slot.

This makes me happier to know. :)
Yep. I'm glad Sakurai went ahead and made her her own character. It's also nice to see the slight animation variations she's been given too. I'll enjoy switching up between her and the other FE folks.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Perhaps sense her animation is much more centered her F Smash will have much more damage to it? Thats just how I thought about it.

Also guys, Final Smash predictions?
Hm actually if you compare her Fsmash to Marth's. There's a puff of smoke for Lucina but not Marth. But it could be that the picture of Marth's Fsmash is later in the animation than Lucina's and the smoke is gone already. If not, then it could mean Lucina's fsmash is stronger.

EDIT: Wow, I just noticed her Shield Breaker vs Marth's too. At first I thought it just looked different but once again, you can see that Marth is sprawled out further and stretching himself out much more than Lucina, who is still standing quite upright and her leg is not stretched out. Maybe she in general has slightly less range but is faster?

I tried watching some Marth vids from E3 in slow mo, and actually it doesn't look like he F Smash is any different from Marth's. Marth's F smash is different from the one in Brawl, he now has that same weird leg positioning that Lucinia has.

On the other hand, what that comparision doesn't mention is that there is a slight difference in the first attack of their dancing blade(not sure about the other hits). Marth leads foreword with his whole chest and his non-sword holding arm comes down with his sword arm, whereas Lucina leads with her shoulder and her non sword hand is still up even when her sword is down.

Really crappy screemcaps by me:

Smash attack

Dancing blade

Or you could get a better look at it yourself by examining this video-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW3-7bdn5as
(Sword dance at 1:30, several smash attacks but the one I cropped was at 1:37, and it has the best view)

But yea, she's got small changes in animation that you really have to be looking for to notice. (except the counter. That one's fairly obvious).
Sorry I'm not seeing it. Both pictures of the Fsmash in the comparison both show Lucina and Marth in the final stance of the move. Lucina is just leaning over her leg, which is bent inwards. Marth however ends up with his leg sprawled out (he turns and jumps while he slashes, then ends up like that). It could be that Lucina's has less reach but is stronger.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Lucina was always planned from the start to be playable in SSB4

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Hm actually if you compare her Fsmash to Marth's. There's a puff of smoke for Lucina but not Marth. But it could be that the picture of Marth's Fsmash is later in the animation than Lucina's and the smoke is gone already. If not, then it could mean Lucina's fsmash is stronger.

Sorry I'm not seeing it. Both pictures of the Fsmash in the comparison both show Lucina and Marth in the final stance of the move. Lucina is just leaning over her leg, which is bent inwards. Marth however ends up with his leg sprawled out (he turns and jumps while he slashes, then ends up like that). It could be that Lucina's has less reach but is stronger.
Are you looking at the comparison list that Cardiganboy posted(where the picture of Marth's Fsmash if from Brawl), or the pic and vid that I posted (which in from Smash WiiU). Yes, in Brawl Marth does his Fsmash with his knee bent outward, but in Smash 4, Marth and Lucinia Fsmash with their leg bent inwards. Lucinia's Fsmash is the same as Marth's Smash 4 Fsmash, which is different from Marth's Brawl Fsmash. It's a little hard to see in the pick I posted so I recommend checking the video and pausing on it if that's the problem you're having.

Also, yes, Marth also makes a puff of Smoke when he does a Fsmash.

@ Kamikazek Kamikazek , you've just spotted the two things Marth has in his animations that are blatantly there to balance out his range.
Unlike MK's animations, Marth's dancing blade, down tilt and other things extend hurtboxes forward beyond the sword right before the hitbox comes out (it's his opposing arm mostly) which easily get's him swiped in plays and also makes things like down tilt/dancing blade shield pressure very easy to **** up.
Iiiiiiiiiii have no idea what the significance of this is. Went completely over my head. But O.K.. :B

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Lucina was always planned from the start to be playable in SSB4
Yeah. :awesome: It shouldn't be as big a deal as it is, but knowing that she wasn't a quick and dirty after-thought designed to pad out the roster definitely changes how I'd feel about playing as her. :)

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Something that is kinda unknown about Marth's dash attack is that it has invincibility in it. In Brawl it's just 1 frame (randomly), I don't know if it had invincibility in Melee, but it was pretty apparent how long Marth ducked that he could get under Falco's sh lasers as a punish (or maybe it was invincibility). I could imagine a "balanced sword" semi invincible dash attack on Lucina would be soooooooooooo good.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I would the idle pose to be changed too :) But it would require all of her attack's animations to be changed wouldn't it? Since every attack would have to start at a different pose they have to adjust them all :( Or maybe it doesn't look awkward for the beginning of the animation to be disconnected from the starting pose (In 2D anime fighting games they do this, but SSB4 is 3D so I'm not sure if that would be OK here)

Are you looking at the comparison list that Cardiganboy posted(where the picture of Marth's Fsmash if from Brawl), or the pic and vid that I posted (which in from Smash WiiU). Yes, in Brawl Marth does his Fsmash with his knee bent outward, but in Smash 4, Marth and Lucinia Fsmash with their leg bent inwards. Lucinia's Fsmash is the same as Marth's Smash 4 Fsmash, which is different from Marth's Brawl Fsmash. It's a little hard to see in the pick I posted so I recommend checking the video and pausing on it if that's the problem you're having.

Also, yes, Marth also makes a puff of Smoke when he does a Fsmash.

Iiiiiiiiiii have no idea what the significance of this is. Went completely over my head. But O.K.. :B
Ah, oops didn't notice that was Brawl hehe.

Sours

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1907-8138-7678
My Final Smash prediction:

Lucina's FS will be like Marth's but instead of just living the sword to the air she performs the awakening. her hair is flying. her sword glows and the color of the screen changes. it's sparkling everywhere.:040:

*posting this image for the 999th time*

and then she hits her opponent like marth.

She says one of her critical/skill activation quotes, My favorite being "I challenge my fate!", and then hits like marth.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
She says one of her critical/skill activation quotes, My favorite being "I challenge my fate!", and then hits like marth.
YESSS instead of just grunting or huffing like Marth.

Maybe it's a cut-in like Chrom's and her phrase always changes!

"I challenge my fate!"
"Hope will never die!"
"I say when it ends!"

Sours

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1907-8138-7678

"I challenge my fate!"
"Hope will never die!"
"I say when it ends!"

I wouldn't go that far but yes, a cut-in would definately be fan-service to awakening fans, seeing as Robin has a cut-in with Chrom in his/her final smash.

samsparta21

Smash Ace

"I challenge my fate!"
"Hope will never die!"
"I say when it ends!"

Her FS will most likely be Critical Hit just like Marth's, so while a crit cut-in makes sense, I don't think it'll happen unless Marth has one too

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
She won't be my main, that spot belongs to Mario, but I am looking to get good with her. I never really cared for playing Marth much in Melee/Brawl. He has a unique play-style and he's really fun to watch at high level play, but his character never really appealed to me. Despite the fact that I've never played FE:A, Lucina does, however. Not quite sure why, though, haha!

Ultear

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ultear
I will main Marth since he always was my main. I think i will use Lucina as my secondary.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Day and a month.

Like... the chapter where you're still fleeing and everyone's in mourning? That's mildly disturbing haha.
Yep.
"Hey Chrom, I know your sister just died, and we're running for our lives, but I'm marrying your sister. To help her... morun. Yeah, that's it."
My Robin's is always a bit of jerk.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Start with Awakening.
Yeah, if he plays that one last, he will be disappointed in it. I've only played 3 of them (POR, RD, and Awakening) and I thought Awakening was a terrible game. It was way to easy, the only thing I liked at all was the marriage stuff. Don't get me wrong though, I still like Lucina, she was one of the only good characters in that game. So yeah start with Awakening, because it gets better from there.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Awakening is too easy on lower difficulties and frustratingly hard on Lunatic/Lunatic+. :p I absolutely adore the game and have pumped well over 100 hours into it, although it's the only Fire Emblem I've played (not entirely true - I played one many years ago but don't remember any of it and don't own it) - everything from the gameplay to the characters is incredibly engaging. :)

Last edited:

fe_wander

Smash Cadet
In any case I'd recommend they start with anything except Radiant Dawn. Game is hard as hell on normal for a beginner. Easy might not be TOO bad, but yeah it's a sequel to Path of Radiance anyways.
Also, Shadow Dragon sucks so don't play it ever figures i hate the only Marth game I've played
FE7, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, or Awakening would be my recommendations. :p
Also, watch this before playing Awakening:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SdJYZPWZtMY

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
That moment when you start Chapter 12 in Awakening and see infant Lucina for the first time and you think

"This is going to be my wife in a few hours".
That moment when you watch that smash trailer and see Lucina confirmed
and you think

"this is going to be my main In a few months"

Slightly edited version :)

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Her FS will most likely be Critical Hit just like Marth's, so while a crit cut-in makes sense, I don't think it'll happen unless Marth has one too
A critical cut-in isn't hard to develop at all though, and Chrom already has one so I don't think it's that unlikely. Marth can't get one because those cut-ins are Awakening exclusive :p

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Thanks for the suggestions guys, i think i'm gonna start with FE7, it should it's a good start point considering it was the first released outside Japan, plus i heard it has a comprehensive tutorial for beginners to get used to Fire Emblems mechanics.

In any case I'd recommend they start with anything except Radiant Dawn. Game is hard as hell on normal for a beginner. Easy might not be TOO bad, but yeah it's a sequel to Path of Radiance anyways.
Also, Shadow Dragon sucks so don't play it ever figures i hate the only Marth game I've played
FE7, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, or Awakening would be my recommendations. :p
Heh, to be honest i tried to play and get into Shadow Dragon last year, but man, what bland remake, i better play the SNES traslated version. I'm sure FE7 will be better in that regard, and then i'll tackle the other games.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That moment when you start Chapter 12 in Awakening and see infant Lucina for the first time and you think

Unfortunately I wouldn't think that if I have gotten to chapter 12, because Lucina can't be my wife when playing as female Robin. Life is cruel.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Lol I played Radiant Dawn first. I got to the split team part and couldn't get past in on easy. Then I tracked down Path of Radiance and after owning both for so long, I restarted both and beat them at the start of this year.

Anyways, in honor of Lucina, I might go and stomach Awakening again so I can marry her.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
As much as I have an odium towards her at least in Smash, I'll probably just alternate between her and Marth every now and then, despite their mechanics being pretty different.

fe_wander

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing unlockable, but really easy to unlock. That's been the pattern for FE characters.
Then again, since she's a noob-friendly Marth she may be the starter while he's the unlockable.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'd say unlockable. But then again, she could be a starter since she is an easier Marth to use.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Yep. She's probably gonna be an unlockable that requires the finishing of a fire emblem event match or something.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I love what Lissa says at the beginning of that chapter if Chrom marries Olivia. Also:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom