• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
-explanation-

As for A Future Disowned... does killing the Grima possessed Robin from the future past timeline count as killing off a character?
If it's a copy Robin who's a sacrificial lion, sure, go ahead. As long as any of the main protagonists are kept alive.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Heh, I am well aware, since this isn't my first fanfic. I mean,I got tons of comments shouting at me the well it looked like a character was going to die in one of my other stories (for a different videogame franchise). Said character didn't even die too (said character was even my favorite character in that series, so its not like she was going to actually die...)

As for A Future Disowned... does killing the Grima possessed Robin from the future past timeline count as killing off a character?
No. As long as him and the good Robin quote Optimus Prime and Megatron's battle from the 1986 Transformers movie.
Oh...you weren't joking there. Morgan's sadism took a smoke break apparently.

Oh wait you still play it straight since you want to kill of Vaike, silly me
I wasn't going to kill Vaike. I was going to kill him, revive, kill him, revive him so on and so forth.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Alright then, in that case, no, I am not planning on killing off any characters. I dislike character death anyways, and think it would only happen if absolutely necessary from a story perspective. Like, if the character's death ends up adding to the story somehow or if its the most fitting direction to go with that character's own story.

Anyhow, my story will be using that headcanon, so I will say i plan to extend FP Robin's death... give him a chance to speak with Robin, Lucina, and Morgan, the later who whom would actually be...

his actual biological daughter

... and overall bring on the heartwrenchingness. Fill in the last few blanks regarding the backstory of the FP timeline and really hammer in that...

(Note: spoilers for later chapters of fanfic)
this timeline was just like the main one, only it ended in tragety. In this timeline Lucina came back in time, married Robin, the two had kids, were happy togeather for nearly a decade... only for it to end in tragedy. That their story was one of a family, doomed by the whims of fate, with events outside their control leading this tragic outcome, and that this is the world Morgan comes from, and thus she (and her brother) are left, children disowned by time.

Oh, then I am going to totally go the super cliche route and have the FP Robin reunite with his Lucina (who had come back in time just like the game's Lucina) in the afterlife, just bring out to tears.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Alright then, in that case, no, I am not planning on killing off any characters. I dislike character death anyways, and think it would only happen if absolutely necessary from a story perspective. Like, if the character's death ends up adding to the story somehow or if its the most fitting direction to go with that character's own story.

Anyhow, my story will be using that headcanon, so I will say i plan to extend FP Robin's death... give him a chance to speak with Robin, Lucina, and Morgan, the later who whom would actually be...

his actual biological daughter

... and overall bring on the heartwrenchingness. Fill in the last few blanks regarding the backstory of the FP timeline and really hammer in that...

(Note: spoilers for later chapters of fanfic)
this timeline was just like the main one, only it ended in tragety. In this timeline Lucina came back in time, married Robin, the two had kids, were happy togeather for nearly a decade... only for it to end in tragedy. That their story was one of a family, doomed by the whims of fate, with events outside their control leading this tragic outcome, and that this is the world Morgan comes from, and thus she (and her brother) are left, children disowned by time.

Oh, then I am going to totally go the super cliche route and have the FP Robin reunite with his Lucina (who had come back in time just like the game's Lucina) in the afterlife, just bring out to tears.
Oh, god no. Not the feeeeeelsssss!!!!! *Insert Nic Cage here*
I love what you are going to be doing with the fic. Sounds great! What's going to happen to Marc though?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Oh, god no. Not the feeeeeelsssss!!!!! *Insert Nic Cage here*
I love what you are going to be doing with the fic. Sounds great! What's going to happen to Marc though?
MORE SPOILERS, read at own risk.

Oh, he totally goes back to the main timeline with them. Though he will be much more traumatized, since unlike Morgan, he still remembers everything that happened in the FP timeline.

Also, next chapter will have a really cool fight between Morgan and Marc, with Morgan of course having no idea who the hell he is, since, hey, memories erased. She doesn't even know she's currently in her original timeline at this point.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
MORE SPOILERS, read at own risk.

[spoilers]Oh, he totally goes back to the main timeline with them. Though he will be much more traumatized, since unlike Morgan, he still remembers everything that happened in the FP timeline.

Also, next chapter will have a really cool fight between Morgan and Marc, with Morgan of course having no idea who the hell he is, since, hey, memories erased. She doesn't even know she's currently in her original timeline at this point.[/spoilers]
I love that idea! And FP!Inigo?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ok...I'm aware I'm partially insane and all, but does anyone else that this song right here, with a bit of reworked context, fits Lucina well, if not completely?

This is the end- Lucina's former future.
I've drowned and dreamt this moment- Her innate fear of what was once apocalypse.
Every time the chorus plays- Her determination to prevent the future from coming to pass.
Skyfall is where we start- Lucina's story technically begins in the future.
Where worlds collide and days are dark- no explanation needed.
I know I'd be me without the security of your loving arms keeping me from harm- no explanation needed.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I love that idea! And FP!Inigo?
Lol, as much as Morgan wishes otherwise, she is not getting two versions of her boyfriend.

Though I have some very funny interaction planned once they run into FP!Inigo... also some other funny interaction for the other characters too. Particularly I have something I think will be hilarious coming up during part two, involving my second favorite pairing in the game Severa x Owain. :laugh:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Ok...I'm aware I'm partially insane and all, but does anyone else that this song right here, with a bit of reworked context, fits Lucina well, if not completely?

This is the end- Lucina's former future.
I've drowned and dreamt this moment- Her innate fear of what was once apocalypse.
Every time the chorus plays- Her determination to prevent the future from coming to pass.
Skyfall is where we start- Lucina's story technically begins in the future.
Where worlds collide and days are dark- no explanation needed.
I know I'd be me without the security of your loving arms keeping me from harm- no explanation needed.
Lucina confirmed to be next 007.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lol, as much as Morgan wishes otherwise, she is not getting two versions of her boyfriend.

Though I have some very funny interaction planned once they run into FP!Inigo... also some other funny interaction for the other characters too. Particularly I have something I think will be hilarious coming up during part two, involving my second favorite pairing in the game Severa x Owain. :laugh:
Poor Morgan. I would love to see a fic where someone just has Morgan goijg toma bunch of different Outrealms, and kidnapping that timeline's version of her boyfriend. I would probably do it with Yarne. Or Gerome, so Robin can also have an army of Batmen.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Poor Morgan. I would love to see a fic where someone just has Morgan goijg toma bunch of different Outrealms, and kidnapping that timeline's version of her boyfriend. I would probably do it with Yarne. Or Gerome, so Robin can also have an army of Batmen.
Write it, write it, write it!

Also, I put Gerome with Cynthia, since that pairing is kinda adorable.

Also also, you can probably tell I like Morgan with Inigo... the supports are amazing. Morgan outsmarts his attempts at flirting with her, agrees to a date so she can get free food, then ends up hiding in bushes while he tries to pick up women so she can watch him get shot down. (note: Sumia is with Chrom, so no incest here)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Write it, write it, write it!

Also, I put Gerome with Cynthia, since that pairing is kinda adorable.

Also also, you can probably tell I like Morgan with Inigo... the supports are amazing. Morgan outsmarts his attempts at flirting with her, agrees to a date so she can get free food, then ends up hiding in bushes while he tries to pick up women so she can watch him get shot down. (note: Sumia is with Chrom, so no incest here)
I tend to have a lot of trouble writing fics. Also, I normally pair Olivia with Chrom. Also, the sadistic side of me loves Yarne and Morgan.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Are mentions of incest becoming THAT much of a trend here?

No, it's not an issue, we just get a lot of this on a frequent basis.
Sorry, I had to make sure that was clear, since I kinda forgot Inigo could totally be Morgan's uncle if Olivia is with Chrom.

Edit: Also, Rob, you have made me really want to do a playthrough where i choose Gerome's father so he can get access to the Dark Knight class... thus his transformation into Batman will be complete.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sorry, I had to make sure that was clear, since I kinda forgot Inigo could totally be Morgan's uncle if Olivia is with Chrom.
You forgot that Lucina can marry(no "just companions" excuse) Owain of all people.

No more needs to be said.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
We should recreate the Dark Knight trilogy but with Fire Emblem characters! And then we should do Star Wars after that! And make Chrom Darth Vader!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I find the wacko pairings(pairings you wouldn't expect to logically happen) to be more adorable in context. And even if it isn't wacko, sometimes the support manages to make itself into sweet dreams fuel. And the wacko paring doesn't need to be adorable either.

Supports I consider wacko and/or adorable:

Yon'qu x Lissa

Chrom x :4robinf: (wacko and adorable for the wrong reasons)

Kellam x Sully

:4robinf: x Walhart

Henry x Lissa

Morgan x Owain(adorable)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I find the wacko pairings(pairings you wouldn't expect to logically happen) to be more adorable in context. And even if it isn't wacko, sometimes the support manages to make itself into sweet dreams fuel. And the wacko paring doesn't need to be adorable either.

Supports I consider wacko and/or adorable:

Yon'qu x Lissa

Chrom x :4robinf: (wacko and adorable for the wrong reasons)

Kellam x Sully

:4robinf: x Walhart

Henry x Lissa

Morgan x Owain(adorable)
What? No :4lucina: and :4robinm:? Or :4robinf: and:4shulk:?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Heh, since I guess we are sharing, my other favorite pairings include...

Olivia x Henry (thanks to her he learns what an actual smile is and its so adorable... don't judge me/)

Male!Morgan x Nah

Kellam x Miriel (starts off with her doing science to try and figure out why Kellam seems to disapear when you stop looking at him, only to eventually reach the point where she always notices him)

Ricken x Maribelle (I mean, come on, he risked his life to save her despite direct orders not to. Its so perfect)

Lissa x Lon'qu

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lissa and Lon'qu is great. Bonus points for Owain looking like his father's Mini-me. That's also why I like Chrom and Olivia.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What? No :4lucina: and :4robinm:? Or :4robinf: and:4shulk:?
Wacko and or adorable. Robin and Lucina fit into heartwarming in context for me, not adorable. Though they are still sweet dreams fuel. Shulk's doesn't count since FE exclusive :seuss:

Heh, since I guess we are sharing, my other favorite pairings include...

Olivia x Henry (thanks to her he learns what an actual smile is and its so adorable... don't judge me/)

Male!Morgan x Nah

Kellam x Miriel (starts off with her doing science to try and figure out why Kellam seems to disapear when you stop looking at him, only to eventually reach the point where she always notices him)

Ricken x Maribelle (I mean, come on, he risked his life to save her despite direct orders not to. Its so perfect)

Lissa x Lon'qu
Henry's nonchalance makes some of the supports really heartwarming.

Ricken makes supports really adorable simply because he's still a teen.

Lon'qu makes many supports heartwarming because of his fear around women. :4robinf: is worth mentioning since he walks into a jewelry store for her in their S support.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Wacko and or adorable. Robin and Lucina fit into heartwarming in context for me, not adorable. Though they are still sweet dreams fuel. Shulk's doesn't count since FE exclusive :seuss:

Lon'qu makes many supports heartwarming because of his fear around women. :4robinf: is worth mentioning since he walks into a jewelry store for her in their S support.

The best part of Henry x Olivia is the character developement on his part, which is really shown during his conversation with Inigo in the Future Past

Henry: Do you always crack jokes like that, Inigo? Do you think it's FUNNY?
Inigo: Wh-what's gotten into you? You crack jokes all the time.
Henry: But when I do it, I mean it. I can tell your laughter isn't genuine, and that makes me sad. If you need to cry, cry. If you're having a rough time, say so. You don't need to pretend in front of your own father.
Inigo: What?! I'm not pretending. Why would I pretend? Everything is p-perfectly... *sniff* Oh, gods, no, it's not... Ahh... *sob*
Henry: There, there, Inigo. It's okay. See how much better it feels to let it all out? I used to keep things bottled up inside me too. I didn't know how to feel. It wasn't until I met your mother that I figured out what a real smile was. So now you need to let me put a real smile on YOUR face. It might not happen right away, but you have to promise me to let me try.

Wow, we have really gotten off topic, haven't we.

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
The only 'requisite' is that the posts are related to Lucina, I think...

So... We could talk about if blue hair is plausible, how strong genetics really are, what are the best types of scabbards to legendary weapons, etc, etc :grin:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Welp, Robin's the starter, Lucina's the unlock, according to the demo.

I'm ticked off.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can understand the "face" part, but I think it's have made more sense to have both as unlocks or unlocked.

Now I gotta spend time unlocking her ;_;

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Welp, Robin's the starter, Lucina's the unlock, according to the demo.

I'm ticked off.
ME ANRGY!!!!

What you said about :4robinm:x:4lucina: is true. But :4robinf:x:4shulk:!
:4robinf:: It's time to tip the scales!
:4shulk:: Oim! I'm really feeling it!
Also, in my headcanon, :4robinm: and Grima quote the hell out of this scene:
Also, yay, Destiny is out! This is gonna hold me over until Smash 3DS hopefully.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah, no. I have no faith in Robin x Shulk pairings ever since that fic Lizardon showed us.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I can understand the "face" part, but I think it's have made more sense to have both as unlocks or unlocked.

Now I gotta spend time unlocking her ;_;
I had already accepted the fact I'd have to unlock all the characters I want to play, since I mean, I mained Toon Link in Brawl anyways, so I knew from the start I'd have to unlock at least one of my mains (I plan to also main Robin, Lucina, and Megaman thing time around, instead of just being a one-trick pony so to speak)

Speaking of Lucina, has there been any new info on how Lucina's gameplay will differ from Marths (besides the whole tipping vs equal distribution thing). I do recall them mentioning she will have "almost identical" power, speed, and move set, but does anyone know what that could entail. My guess for move set would be that her regular attacks might have a few subtle differences then Marth, while her special attacks are identical, but besides that I can't really decipher what they meant.

ME ANRGY!!!!

Also, yay, Destiny is out! This is gonna hold me over until Smash 3DS hopefully.
Considering I only got Awakening about 6-7ish weeks ago, so that's going to tide me over until Smash 3DS.

Also I need to get a Wii U at some point, since lets face it, there are finally good games coming out for it (Smash included)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I had already accepted the fact I'd have to unlock all the characters I want to play, since I mean, I mained Toon Link in Brawl anyways, so I knew from the start I'd have to unlock at least one of my mains (I plan to also main Robin, Lucina, and Megaman thing time around, instead of just being a one-trick pony so to speak)

Speaking of Lucina, has there been any new info on how Lucina's gameplay will differ from Marths (besides the whole tipping vs equal distribution thing). I do recall them mentioning she will have "almost identical" power, speed, and move set, but does anyone know what that could entail. My guess for move set would be that her regular attacks might have a few subtle differences then Marth, while her special attacks are identical, but besides that I can't really decipher what they meant.
Not to the extent of my knowledge. She'll most likely be lighter, and possibly slightly faster.
Also, I love my Wii U. Mario Kart 8 is so much fun.

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959

Considering I only got Awakening about 6-7ish weeks ago, so that's going to tide me over until Smash 3DS.

Also I need to get a Wii U at some point, since lets face it, there are finally good games coming out for it (Smash included)
That there are. There are really good games already out as well. I really recommend snagging one soon! I was tentative at first, but ever since getting mine with the Mario Kart 8 bundle, I've had zero regrets. It's a fun system, that sits proudly next to my Xbox One and 360 on my desk.

In regards to unlocking Lucina, I kinda expected it. Of course, I was really hoping to be able to play her right away, but unlocking her will make finally getting to play her all the more fantastic in my mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom