• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
And then in my head canon I re-reversed the trope for their kids...

Though if I was going with only one Morgan, I'd probably have Morgan be a true hybrid physcial/magic fighter rather than Robin who favors magic but i still a pretty good swordfighter.
That's an interesting idea, actually.

I see my initial Morgan as more magic based (because his sister is Lucina, who is the opposite, though she's a Dark Flier in the end of mine so maybe not), my Robcina Morgan as sort of a mesh of the two, and my Yarnebin Morgan as pure power since I chose my Robin's asset to be strength there and Yarne's father is Vaike in that run. I see my first Morgan as a Grandmaster and my final as a Taguel, but I haven't decided what I see my female Morgan as. Most likely a Grandmaster unless another class suits her fighting style better.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Anybody here go by the name of Touma in game? Beat you a couple of times and then we disconnected. Had some nice Lucina vs Marth games. Would love to play you again.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I did it guys, I just got Yarne! My strategy of having a Nowi with Gregory, Nah above, Tiki on the bottom with Anna behind and my Avatar on top with Levin sword and tombs worked wonders on the pesky riders of dawn as they dropped like flies. Of course, Chrom with the sword that's super effective on knights was handy as was my Morgan and Lucina pairing which my Morgan is a dark flyer now worked wonders on the Knights and mages.

Also, did anyone get the code for the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire demos? Because I got a code through my email and I enjoyed what I have played. Can't wait for the games to come out.

Zomg Majora's Mask remake! Heck yeah! The moon is creepy in the remake...

Shaymikyu

I did it guys, I just got Yarne! My strategy of having a Nowi with Gregory, Nah above, Tiki on the bottom with Anna behind and my Avatar on top with Levin sword and tombs worked wonders on the pesky riders of dawn as they dropped like flies. Of course, Chrom with the sword that's super effective on knights was handy as was my Morgan and Lucina pairing which my Morgan is a dark flyer now worked wonders on the Knights and mages.

Also, did anyone get the code for the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire demos? Because I got a code through my email and I enjoyed what I have played. Can't wait for the games to come out.

Zomg Majora's Mask remake! Heck yeah! The moon is creepy in the remake...
Congrats! Which side did you choose? I'm assuming neither?

And yes, I've played it a bit. I want to do more since I heard more faces pop up and there's a couple of secret missions, but school has kept me working. I love it so far, though. I have a lot of nostalgia for Hoenn, and I squealed with joy when the Mossdeep music first started up. Seriously, this game can't come out fast enough.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Congrats! Which side did you choose? I'm assuming neither?

And yes, I've played it a bit. I want to do more since I heard more faces pop up and there's a couple of secret missions, but school has kept me working. I love it so far, though. I have a lot of nostalgia for Hoenn, and I squealed with joy when the Mossdeep music first started up. Seriously, this game can't come out fast enough.
I went all out and fought both sides. Very easy and successful. Manakeetes, Robin, Chrom the knight slayer, and OP Morgan and Lucina FTW!

Sweet. I like Mossdeeps music as well and I especially like the remix of the abandoned ship music. It also felt great exploring Hoenn again and I had a lot of nostalgia myself. After all, Third gen is my favorite gen of all time and the one I have the most fond memories of. It had the best music in my eyes. I plan to start with Mudkip when the games come out since I already used Blaziken in Y version and I'm growing attached to Swampert and his Hulked out mega evolution. How about you?

Shaymikyu

I went all out and fought both sides. Very easy and successful. Manakeetes, Robin, Chrom the knight slayer, and OP Morgan and Lucina FTW!

Sweet. I like Mossdeeps music as well and I especially like the remix of the abandoned ship music. It also felt great exploring Hoenn again and I had a lot of nostalgia myself. After all, Third gen is my favorite gen of all time and the one I have the most fond memories of. It had the best music in my eyes. I plan to start with Mudkip when the games come out since I already used Blaziken in Y version and I'm growing attached to Swampert and his Hulked out mega evolution. How about you?
Torchic was my classic Hoenn starter, but since I already have Mega Blaziken, I'm leaning toward Mudkip on my main OR and Treecko on AS.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I have always gone Mudkip, Swampert single-handed beat the Electric Gym. Also, dat bulkiness is SO REAL.

Shaymikyu

I have always gone Mudkip, Swampert single-handed beat the Electric Gym. Also, dat bulkiness is SO REAL.
I normally go Torchic, but Mudkip won me over after my Nuzlocke.

Also, out of the three Hoenn starter megas, Swampert's is my favorite appearance-wise, though my favorite mega overall this time so far is Audino.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this is relevant but....

And while I'm yet to bet the originally, I will always choose Treecko. Why? You just have to look at him to know that he is a badass.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I normally go Torchic, but Mudkip won me over after my Nuzlocke.

Also, out of the three Hoenn starter megas, Swampert's is my favorite appearance-wise, though my favorite mega overall this time so far is Audino.
I know, MegaSceptile doesn't really look cool and has like half a bazillion weaknesses including 4x Ice. like, whyyyyyyyyy.

RIght now I'm all for MegaBeedrill because irony.

Shaymikyu

Not sure if this is relevant but....

And while I'm yet to bet the originally, I will always choose Treecko. Why? You just have to look at him to know that he is a badass.
Oh, :4robinf:, your a jerk sometimes, but I still like you.
I know, MegaSceptile doesn't really look cool and has like half a bazillion weaknesses including 4x Ice. like, whyyyyyyyyy.

Mega Sceptile has a neat typing in theory, but the more I thought about it... Yeah, 4x weakness isn't fun. Then again, my favorite Pokémon has a forme where it also can get 4x weakness to Ice.

I also like Mega Pidgeot for the colors, Mega Camerupt, Mega Altaria, Mega Rayquaza, and (for the sheer hilarity) Mega Slowbro.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman

And that's why I choose Treecko and not the (no offence) cheap as all Mudkip or (even more so) Blaziken. It gives a challenge (thou the 3rd gym leader is a pain in the ***)

Shaymikyu

And that's why I choose Treecko and not the (no offence) cheap as all Mudkip or (even more so) Blaziken. It gives a challenge (thou the 3rd gym leader is a pain in the ***)
I understand- I really like Chikorita in the Johto games. Cyndaquil is actually my favorite of the Johto starters, but he makes the game so easy.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
looooool MegaSlowbro still makes me smile. I think that will prevail on me forever.

The ones I like are MegaCharizardY, MegaAltaria, MegaAbsol, MegaMawile, MegaAggron, and MegaAmpharos (this one is too because it's hilarious).

And Cyndaquill doesn't make the game any easy, to this day I still have nightmares to Claire's Kingdra

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

If we're including the X and Y ones, I also like Charizard Y, Absol, Mawile, Gengar, Ampharos, and probably others I'm forgetting.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh, if it's only ORAS there aren't many I like, MegaBeedrill and MegaAltaria take the cake, maybe MegaSableye, MegaLoppunny and MegaSalemance are nice.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I understand- I really like Chikorita in the Johto games. Cyndaquil is actually my favorite of the Johto starters, but he makes the game so easy.
Yeah, I love challenges (though a lot of the time I can never complete them :p) cause then I can be all like

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Want a Challenge? Randomized Nuzlockes.
I made a Crystal one where had to begin with a Murkrow, which leveled up quickly thanks to Route 29's Mewtwos that only knew Psychic.

Last edited:

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
So, that picture I mentioned earlier has been deemed too violent by a moderator for the public eye on Smash Boards.

Either PM me or visit Page 112 of the General Fire Emblem Fanart forum on Serenes Forest for the image.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
To keep her clothes on.
Damn it Robin.
Pixiv's run dry for me, so time to hit Google.
I'm still on the fence for female Robin OTP (I've done Chrom and Yarne so far, and both have their merits), but I think Robcina has won me over for male Robin. I just love the whole concept with Lucina getting a daughter and the reverse of the "magic girl, sword-using/physical fighter guy" thing.
Excellent...

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Not to mention Water/Ground is one of the best typing in the game (only 4x weakness to grass, everything else is either not effective or normal)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
yesh

i approve

i'll be finished by the afternoon :]

story itself is done, just proofreading it a few times and expanding when necessary.
Awesome.
Not to mention Water/Ground is one of the best typing in the game (only 4x weakness to grass, everything else is either not effective or normal)
Mega Swampert FTW.
Anyone seen any good fluffy fics lately?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
it's "only" weakness is super exploitable. It's what makes Bug/Steel mons cringe as well.

Hell, Ghost/Dark is arguably better, but only 2 things have access to it.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
it's "only" weakness is super exploitable. It's what makes Bug/Steel mons cringe as well.

Hell, Ghost/Dark is arguably better, but only 2 things have access to it.
Yes, but since that's its only weakness it is still considered very good overall, since unless your opponent has a grass on a given pokemon, they are kinda screwed.

I am not saying "it is teh best typing evar!!1!1", but rather that it is one of the better typeings and is decently favored in the meta. I would rather have 1 really exploitable weakness rather than 3-4 normal weaknesses. I'd put having 2 normal weaknesses and 1 x4 weakness as about the same IMO.

Also, Swampert has the highest base stat total out of any other starter's final evolution.

Last edited:

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726
Yes, but since that's its only weakness it is still considered very good overall, since unless your opponent has a grass on a given pokemon, they are kinda screwed.

I am not saying "it is teh best typing evar!!1!1", but rather that it is one of the better typeings and is decently favored in the meta. I would rather have 1 really exploitable weakness rather than 3-4 normal weaknesses. I'd put having 2 normal weaknesses and 1 x4 weakness as about the same IMO.

Also, Swampert has the highest base stat total out of any other starter's final evolution.
Talking about top tier type ups n stuff.
Then there's me, just a casual. I'm not one for big team buildups. If I like it, I use it.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

GRAMMAR NAZI

Grass may not be as common as Fire or Water, but it's there. Admittedly, Bug/Steel has it worse because Fire is quite common, especially with Fairies running amok.

Talking about top tier type ups n stuff.
Then there's me, just a casual. I'm not one for big team buildups. If I like it, I use it.
Just quoting you because there's a slim chance I could get to play this afternoon and I'd have you know.

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726
GRAMMAR NAZI

Grass may not be as common as Fire or Water, but it's there. Admittedly, Bug/Steel has it worse because Fire is quite common, especially with Fairies running amok.

Just quoting you because there's a slim chance I could get to play this afternoon and I'd have you know.
" this afternoon", its 1:30 here, and I'll be in school for another 4 hours.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
" this afternoon", its 1:30 here, and I'll be in school for another 4 hours.
Lol, we're on the same time zone. Except at the time of this message it was 1:29 and I'm some sort of precise guy.

I'm estimating it around that time you imply as well.

Last edited:

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726
Lol, we're on the same time zone. Except at the time of this message it was 1:29 and I'm some sort of precise guy.

I'm estimating it around that time you imply as well.
Well by the time of posting this its 1:32 and now its 1:33

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Oh, btw, I might try to write another oneshot some time in the next week (if i can find the time).

Basically I was rewatching the Smash trailer for Lucina and Robin, and it hit me, when the heck to Robin get a flight spell? Which led to a hilarious idea of having Robin a oneshot where Lucina find Robin stuck in a tree, having been testing out a flight spell. Hilarity ensues, with her attempts to help him down get her stuck in the tree too.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh, btw, I might try to write another oneshot some time in the next week (if i can find the time).

Basically I was rewatching the Smash trailer for Lucina and Robin, and it hit me, when the heck to Robin get a flight spell? Which led to a hilarious idea of having Robin a oneshot where Lucina find Robin stuck in a tree, having been testing out a flight spell. Hilarity ensues, with her attempts to help him down get her stuck in the tree too.
DO IT. NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom