• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
^~^

It's a one shot, so that's it for this story. I'm considering doing a re-telling of Awakening with my actual IRL personality sometime. Sure, it'd be pretty altered to suit myself, but hey.
I would very much enjoy that! ^w^ You sir definitely have a talent for fan fics so please, continue creating more, if you'd like to of course.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I've been collecting Puzzle Pieces now with my Spotpass in hopes of getting a puzzle for a game I actually have and care about, and guess which puzzle I unlocked to start today?:4robinm::4robinf::4lucina:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
So guys, I just finished chapter 7 of A Future Disowned, and, well this chapter turned out really long. As such, I would greatly appreciate you guys taking a look at it and giving feedback so I can make changes before i post it tomorrow night. I kinda feel like it drags a bit too much, so I'm looking for a way to shorten it a bit.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TdsEl4Px0_zXdw_z363N_q-GbsXNDzlo5UCQohew6Ng/edit?usp=sharing

Also, since I think there are some new people who actually haven't read my story, shameless promotion time. The story is basically a retelling of A Future Past, set after the game's events. But however, there is a bit of a twist, inspired by an super elaborate theory I stumbled across, which I decided to explore in the story.

I remember in one fight, my Lon'qu activated Vantage, then Lethality. It was beautiful.

I gave my Morgan (who has Rightful King, keep in mind) Lethality as well, because I'm evil.
Well, Lethality is normally not that great of a skill (or rather, there are better skills). The exception is Rightful King Morgan, since that 10% can get it up to an 20-30% activation chance.

What is evil though is giving everyone on your spotpass team lethality simply because it means it is bound to activate at least once. And if the person who fights the team is on Classic, that basically just ruins their day or at least forces them to reset and try again. Making it very hard to beat said team simply due to the desire not the lose anyone. Basically a massive jerk move.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

So guys, I just finished chapter 7 of A Future Disowned, and, well this chapter turned out really long. As such, I would greatly appreciate you guys taking a look at it and giving feedback so I can make changes before i post it tomorrow night. I kinda feel like it drags a bit too much, so I'm looking for a way to shorten it a bit.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TdsEl4Px0_zXdw_z363N_q-GbsXNDzlo5UCQohew6Ng/edit?usp=sharing

Also, since I think there are some new people who actually haven't read my story, shameless promotion time. The story is basically a retelling of A Future Past, set after the game's events. But however, there is a bit of a twist, inspired by an super elaborate theory I stumbled across, which I decided to explore in the story.

Well, Lethality is normally not that great of a skill (or rather, there are better skills). The exception is Rightful King Morgan, since that 10% can get it up to an 20-30% activation chance.

What is evil though is giving everyone on your spotpass team lethality simply because it means it is bound to activate at least once. And if the person who fights the team is on Classic, that basically just ruins their day or at least forces them to reset and try again. Making it very hard to beat said team simply due to the desire not the lose anyone. Basically a massive jerk move.
I'll give it a look once I'm not bogged down with work.

And every team I've run into so far has been Classic. I'm the loser who did Casual.:laugh: The favorite ability for them seems to be Sol. Speaking of useful abilities, is Lifetaker worth it? I saw it on one Robin I recruited. I can't think of who it'd fit better than their planned abilities, though.

I've now unlocked all the tacticians I Spotpassed. I'm a bit bummed nobody paired off the kid characters outside of myself and the one Robin/Lucina pairing I saw. As I said before, though, there was a severe lack of S-Supports in general. I'll try again tomorrow and see who pops up.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I'll give it a look once I'm not bogged down with work.

And every team I've run into so far has been Classic. I'm the loser who did Casual.:laugh: The favorite ability for them seems to be Sol. Speaking of useful abilities, is Lifetaker worth it? I saw it on one Robin I recruited. I can't think of who it'd fit better than their planned abilities, though.

I've now unlocked all the tacticians I Spotpassed. I'm a bit bummed nobody paired off the kid characters outside of myself and the one Robin/Lucina pairing I saw. As I said before, though, there was a severe lack of S-Supports in general. I'll try again tomorrow and see who pops up.
Not really, since it only activates on your turn. Sol is a much better ability over all.

Also, I did play on Casual for my Lunatic run, though my current run is hard/classic

Shaymikyu

Not really, since it only activates on your turn. Sol is a much better ability over all.

Also, I did play on Casual for my Lunatic run, though my current run is hard/classic
Got it. I just hadn't seen the ability before.

Speaking of Sol, I beat Ike today and I'm tempted to grind him up because he has Aether and to beat Priam with his own ancestor. That's what you get for hiding behind 49 other men, jerk!

And Laurent and Robin are now at their second-to-last classes before Sorcerer and Sage, respectively. Then they'll have all their abilities.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
You know, one of the things I am not sure about is if the pairings on the avatar record are up to date as to when the player last played that save or only to when they set up the spot pass team.

Edit: Ah, I just found out that those weird low level teams with no pairings are actually randomly assigned teams. Those happen when the player never set up their streetpass team.

Second Edit: Apparently people don't even have to own the game. If you walk by someone who just has an DS with streetpass on you'll also get an random team. This team will be named Outrealm Order, while a random team from someone who didn't set up a spotpass team will be named Ylissean Guard (which is the default name, so actual non-random teams might also be named it too.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

You know, one of the things I am not sure about is if the pairings on the avatar record are up to date as to when the player last played that save or only to when they set up the spot pass team.
It's when they last updated their card. I know because a few days ago, I still didn't have my second gen pairings on the card even though I had completed them a while back. Those games could be further completed by now, but they never updated.

The Robin/Cordelia one was very far along, though. All of the characters clearly had hand-picked abilities, and Severa was actually Bride class (I think- it just called it an Outrealm class in my game). He beat the game too, bur he only had seven pairings. Maybe a lot of units died? I thought maybe he had the kids paired since some were on his team, but I guess not.

As a side note, the Robin/Cordelia one actually had a similar hair color to Chrom, so when I saw Severa, I got confused for a second and wondered how the heck he S-Supported Cordelia and Chrom.

Have I mentioned I wish the guys had special kids too so you could have two kids as :4robinf: with characters aside from only Chrom?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
It's when they last updated their card. I know because a few days ago, I still didn't have my second gen pairings on the card even though I had completed them a while back. Those games could be further completed by now, but they never updated.

The Robin/Cordelia one was very far along, though. All of the characters clearly had hand-picked abilities, and Severa was actually Bride class (I think- it just called it an Outrealm class in my game). He beat the game too, bur he only had seven pairings. Maybe a lot of units died? I thought maybe he had the kids paired since some were on his team, but I guess not.

As a side note, the Robin/Cordelia one actually had a similar hair color to Chrom, so when I saw Severa, I got confused for a second and wondered how the heck he S-Supported Cordelia and Chrom.

Have I mentioned I wish the guys had special kids too so you could have two kids as :4robinf: with characters aside from only Chrom?
How do you view your own card? Also, yeah, it kinda sucks that guys don't have specific kids. If only more more possibilites for siblings outside Lucina's and Morgan's

So it turns out I've run into 7 actual players and 5 randoms.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

How do you view your own card? Also, yeah, it kinda sucks that guys don't have specific kids. If only more more possibilites for siblings outside Lucina's and Morgan's
1. Go to Wireless.
2. Go to Avatar Logbook.
3. If you aren't already there, go to "Add."
4. Once you've added yourself, you can click on your name and "View Card."

And yes, even outside of female Robin, it'd be fun to see the other characters have multiple kids. Imagine Laurent with a nosy sibling, or Kjelle with a super girly sister, or Brady with a more refined brother...

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
1. Go to Wireless.
2. Go to Avatar Logbook.
3. If you aren't already there, go to "Add."
4. Once you've added yourself, you can click on your name and "View Card."

And yes, even outside of female Robin, it'd be fun to see the other characters have multiple kids. Imagine Laurent with a nosy sibling, or Kjelle with a super girly sister, or Brady with a more refined brother...
i mean, the highlighted one kinda can happen with Morgan as his sister.

Also, so far of the 7 playthroughs of non randoms, 5 had lots of pairings. 2 were F!Robin and Chrom, 1 was F!Robin and Gaius, one was M!Robin an Lissa, and another was M!Robin and Nah (arguably the second best F!Morgan, due to having super good raw stats and manakete is kinda "stronk"). Another I know is not a random because they had Chrom paired with someone. Finally the last one had no pairings and was low level, but since their avatar card had them set as "undergraduate" and their home was the state I am in, I am going to wager they are just someone who didn't update their card since early game.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

i mean, the highlighted one kinda can happen with Morgan as his sister.
True, true. I didn't think about that, especially since Laurent is one of the few I can see as a sibling for F!Morgan. Oddly enough, I have an easier time picturing the kids as siblings for M!Morgan than for F!Morgan... Something about F!Morgan being an only child just works. The only ones I see as a sibling to her are Laurent, M!Morgan, Severa, Owain, and MAYBE Yarne.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
True, true. I didn't think about that, especially since Laurent is one of the few I can see as a sibling for F!Morgan. Oddly enough, I have an easier time picturing the kids as siblings for M!Morgan than for F!Morgan... Something about F!Morgan being an only child just works. The only ones I see as a sibling to her are Laurent, M!Morgan, Severa, Owain, and MAYBE Yarne.
I am just imagining having both Owain and Morgan as someone's kids. Those poor Robins and Lissas, they will go insane within the year.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I am just imagining having both Owain and Morgan as someone's kids. Those poor Robins and Lissas, they will go insane within the year.
Indeed, or Cynthia and Morgan as siblings... Poor Robin. Even male Morgan has his moments in his supports with Owain and to a lesser extent, Cynthia.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Indeed, or Cynthia and Morgan as siblings... Poor Robin. Even male Morgan has his moments in his supports with Owain and to a lesser extent, Cynthia.
To be fair, by having both Morgan's as twins in my headcanon/story, I may have brought a similar curse upon Robin and Lucina.

Shaymikyu

To be fair, by having both Morgan's as twins in my headcanon/story, I may have brought a similar curse upon Robin and Lucina.
And if the Morgans remained twins no matter who the other parent was... If Robin marries someone with another kid... Oh boy.

As I mentioned in the Robin thread, I flip flop between whether I prefer the Robins as twins and each having their Morgan or only one Robin existing and both Morgans being his/her twin kids.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

That was sad :sadsheep:

But the good kind of sad. The kind that really earns it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
thx for flooding mai mail btw

:seuss:
Your welcome!

I think it's pretty good so far.
^~^

It's a one shot, so that's it for this story. I'm considering doing a re-telling of Awakening with my actual IRL personality sometime. Sure, it'd be pretty altered to suit myself, but hey.
Who would you have that version of Robin marry?
Two children enter, one child leaves. Winner is Morgan no matter what.

Morgan for most OP child, breaking the arena system.
Let them fight. I love quoting that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom