• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So, wait, the excalt blood line is distantly related to a dragon deity?! Well there's something to brag about

you know, now that I think about, his voice does sound like Cap's voice from the Averngers and recent Cap moives....

:seuss:.
(Joking)
See? I also found a clip of A character played by Laura Baily saying Hail Hydra. I know what I must do with it.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
So, wait, the excalt blood line is distantly related to a dragon deity?! Well there's something to brag about

you know, now that I think about, his voice does sound like Cap's voice from the Averngers and recent Cap moives....

(Joking)
You little troll :p. Honestly, even though it can be funny, the detractors can usually come off as mean which is why I feel sympathy for the Ridley fan base. At least he's a cool boss and acts like a more defined flying man. At least the Chrom jokes are funny because we got Lucina and Robin instead which was a better deal and the fact more people wanted Lucina and Robin in and the fact they're more popular among the fan base.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You little troll :p. Honestly, even though it can be funny, the detractors can usually come off as mean which is why I feel sympathy for the Ridley fan base. At least he's a cool boss and acts like a more defined flying man. At least the Chrom jokes are funny because we got Lucina and Robin instead which was a better deal and the fact more people wanted Lucina and Robin in and the fact they're more popular among the fan base.
And Morgan has a babysitter!

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
So GameXplain just posted a video with all of Palutena's Guidance conversations, including Lucina's. It's at the 29:30 mark within the video. Not as funny as Robin's, although nothing can beat Robin's conversation, but I still like Lucina's. ^_^

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
So GameXplain just posted a video with all of Palutena's Guidance conversations, including Lucina's. It's at the 29:30 mark within the video. Not as funny as Robin's, although nothing can beat Robin's conversation, but I still like Lucina's. ^_^

Viridi as a Pokémon geek... That's adorable. I really need to get KI:U eventually.

Also, I'm assuming Viridi's comment about Lucina was in reference to the comment in the Barracks about her being the least likely to get a joke? Then again, in her supports with M!Morgan, she cracks a dorky little joke herself.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Viridi as a Pokémon geek... That's adorable. I really need to get KI:U eventually.

Also, I'm assuming Viridi's comment about Lucina was in reference to the comment in the Barracks about her being the least likely to get a joke? Then again, in her supports with M!Morgan, she cracks a dorky little joke herself.
Not to mention, she's REALLY into Marth and Link. Didn't know they were her type. XD Yes, yes you really should! ^_^ I guarantee you won't be disappointed in the game, especially since the dialogue in the Palutena's Guidance is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to witty and charming dialogue of KI: U.

I think your right but I'm not 100% certain myself. And yeah, Lucina is rather dorky when it comes to making jokes.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman

What about her crush on Link? Sakuria, what are you getting at?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
What about her crush on Link? Sakuria, what are you getting at?
Sakurai is shipping all the ladies in Smash Bros. First Palutena with Lucina, then Zero Suit Samus with Shulk and now Viridi with Link.

Sakurai is indeed a master shipper. :seuss:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is shipping all the ladies in Smash Bros. First Palutena with Lucina, then Zero Suit Samus with Shulk and now Viridi with Link.

Sakurai is indeed a master shipper. :seuss:
Well, at least it's an improvement on the Link and Peach one............

No, not really.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice

I saw all of the guidances myself. The Link one was amazing. Many fan arts are going to be born from that I guarantee you and my apologies for mentioning that... Also, I love how geeky they get over Megaman which shows how much love and respect Sakurai is giving him which puts a smile on my face. I laughed at the beginning part of Lucina's and thought the part for why she disguised herself under that namesake was touching. I also love how Dark Pit cameos in his own guidance and Pit calls him Pittoo.

The Robin one is still my favorite one though. I love the references and wonderful writing they did and how much wonderful character each person had when talking about each fighter. I never realized how much of a snarky or playful teaser palutena could be and I love it. The whole part with Viridi and Link was hilarious. I loved what Little I have played of Kid Icarus Uprising and can't wait to play more.

Also, I wonder if a DLC character such as Mewtwo will have any guidance conversations...

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I saw all of the guidances myself. The Link one was amazing. Many fan arts are going to be born from that I guarantee you and my apologies for mentioning that... Also, I love how geeky they get over Megaman which shows how much love and respect Sakurai is giving him which puts a smile on my face. I laughed at the beginning part of Lucina's and thought the part for why she disguised herself under that namesake was touching. I also love how Dark Pit cameos in his own guidance and Pit calls him Pittoo.

The Robin one is still my favorite one though. I love the references and wonderful writing they did and how much wonderful character each person had when talking about each fighter. I never realized how much of a snarky or playful teaser palutena could be and I love it. The whole part with Viridi and Link was hilarious. I loved what Little I have played of Kid Icarus Uprising and can't wait to play more.

Also, I wonder if a DLC character such as Mewtwo will have any guidance conversations...
Yeah, the fan art for LinkxViridi will be very strong, I guarantee it. Haha, yeah I loved that as well. Who wouldn't geek over Mega Man, really? Sakurai defiantly has quite a bit of respect for the Blue Bomber and it shows. Yeah, Lucina's was very touching and I did not expect that. They did her conversation justice I felt. What surprised me with Dark Pit's conversation was the subtle hint at towards a possible sequel and some insight into what happened after the ending of KI:U. For a fan of the game, that got me pretty excited needless to say. ^w^

Oh mine too! Nothing can't beat how amazing Robin's conversation was. I mean, out of all the conversations, his was the longest by far, along with a humorous cameo from Chrom. That's the glorious thing about KI:U's writing, it's incredibly witty, charming, full of personality, is very playful and it doesn't take itself too seriously for the most part, and it's dumbed down either. It's like watching an amazing saturday morning cartoon that be enjoyed by both children and adults alike equally.

I'm 100% sure that Mewtwo will also have his own guidance conversation like the rest of the characters, along with any other DLC characters. Sakurai 's attention to detail is staggering, therefore it's only naturally that we would add a Palutena's Guidance to Mewtwo, regardless of him being DLC or not.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

(Joking)
The weird thing is, there was never any mention of Marth having Divine blood, if I am correct. However... there were characters of other Fire Emblem games (namely Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) who did have Divine (referred yo as Holy blood) and had Marks as a result. In fact, when you recruit Seliph, the protagonist of that game, by doing one of the DLCs, he talks to Robin for a bit and mentions that people from he and some others from his time had marks somewhat similar to the one Robin has.

This has led to some speculation the the Exalt bloodline might not only be descended from Marth, but also from one or more of the divine blooded characters from other Fire Emblem games. Maybe this was even as a result of Naga trying cross the various bloodlines of all the greatest heroes throughout history to basically form a new bloodline perfectly suited to deal with threats to the world (like Grima for instance). Heck, they could even be distantly related to Ike too, since they do get Aether, which was his technique.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the fan art for LinkxViridi will be very strong, I guarantee it. Haha, yeah I loved that as well. Who wouldn't geek over Mega Man, really? Sakurai defiantly has quite a bit of respect for the Blue Bomber and it shows. Yeah, Lucina's was very touching and I did not expect that. They did her conversation justice I felt. What surprised me with Dark Pit's conversation was the subtle hint at towards a possible sequel and some insight into what happened after the ending of KI:U. For a fan of the game, that got me pretty excited needless to say. ^w^

Oh mine too! Nothing can't beat how amazing Robin's conversation was. I mean, out of all the conversations, his was the longest by far, along with a humorous cameo from Chrom. That's the glorious thing about KI:U's writing, it's incredibly witty, charming, full of personality, is very playful and it doesn't take itself too seriously for the most part, and it's dumbed down either. It's like watching an amazing saturday morning cartoon that be enjoyed by both children and adults alike equally.

I'm 100% sure that Mewtwo will also have his own guidance conversation like the rest of the characters, along with any other DLC characters. Sakurai 's attention to detail is staggering, therefore it's only naturally that we would add a Palutena's Guidance to Mewtwo, regardless of him being DLC or not.
It will. Muhahahahahaha!! Well, I know I got a good laugh and I don't know who wouldn't geek over it either. Heck, look at Smash Bros. Wii U's opening cutscenes when they show Megaman and all the clips he gets and how they show his final smash. They love him! You know,

It's you find it touching to. I find it touching because Lucina not only adopted the name to give herself more strength and to get through dark times and admiring some of the things Marth did, but she also did it for her friends, comrades and people she cares for so they could fight to their full strength, give them hope, and like her, fight through the darkest hour. Which makes me love the character even more and just shows how compassionate and great of a leader she is and does what great leaders should like Optimus Prime. Great role model for female gamers and an inspiring characteristic to strive for. It's no wonder I've grown attached to Lucina like I have R.O.B. And Optimus Prime. Of course, I like when they mention the differences with the sword based damage to.

I didn't think about that and it's possible a sequel could happen which would be great. Heck, they reference the sunspace emissary to, so anything is possible and the fact Viridi mentions having Dark Pit as an ally alone with the Lightning chariot and Phosphora.

There's something funny about the shots taken at Chrom and the whole final smash bit. I suppose I'll get my chance... Another day... Had to do it :D. I can tell, even just the little parts I played and hearing voice clips from Uprising and just hearing the characters in smash. I felt the same way, I thought I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon listening to the conversations.

Agreed. Sakurai does go all out with detail for the most part which I really admire considering what he has went through lately and I'm like that myself. I wonder what Mewtwo's will be like or if Hades could have a possible cameo?

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
The weird thing is, there was never any mention of Marth having Divine blood, if I am correct. However... there were characters of other Fire Emblem games (namely Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) who did have Divine (referred yo as Holy blood) and had Marks as a result. In fact, when you recruit Seliph, the protagonist of that game, by doing one of the DLCs, he talks to Robin for a bit and mentions that people from he and some others from his time had marks somewhat similar to the one Robin has.

This has led to some speculation the the Exalt bloodline might not only be descended from Marth, but also from one or more of the divine blooded characters from other Fire Emblem games. Maybe this was even as a result of Naga trying cross the various bloodlines of all the greatest heroes throughout history to basically form a new bloodline perfectly suited to deal with threats to the world (like Grima for instance). Heck, they could even be distantly related to Ike too, since they do get Aether, which was his technique.
Wait, Naga's trying to create the perfect human being?! I wonder if Robin and Naga have any connections (apart from the obvious)

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Wait, Naga's trying to create the perfect human being?! I wonder if Robin and Naga have any connections (apart from the obvious)
Well, the above is purely conjecture I have heard from other players. Unlike my crazy Future Past theory, this is not a theory I necessarily subscribe to.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
So, I found this in the funny Caption thread.

and this one too

and basically everyone's reaction to Robins Codec in a nutshell

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
So, I found this in the funny Caption thread.

and this one too

and basically everyone's reaction to Robins Codec in a nutshell
I suppose I'll get my chance... Another day... Can't get enough of that moment and it really is Chrom is a punchline day... And I thought Ridley had the worst of it...

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I'll get my chance... Another day... Can't get enough of that moment and it really is Chrom is a punchline day... And I thought Ridley had the worst of it...
NO, you will get it TODAY!!!

....... Right after Robin gets the smash ball.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
On the other hand, that conversation does show how much of a complete bro Chrom is. I mean, he is just happy his best friend gets a chance at center stage.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
On the other hand, that conversation does show how much of a complete bro Chrom is. I mean, he is just happy his best friend gets a chance at center stage.
Anyone who would let their best friend hook up with their time traveling daughter from the future is a complete bro.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I bet Chrom would be the one giving the Falcon Punch rather than receiving it.
:4robinm: So... I'm banging Lucina, and there's nothing you can do about, since I am very valuable to the Sheperds. Don't try anything funny, got it?
Chrom: FUUUUUUUU

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Definitely. This was my favorite part of the conversation. Chrom takes his status pretty gracefully and even seems to savor the opportunity to bring the pain as Robin's final smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom