• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I've just some across a thought that I wish Awakening would have addressed more; for a game that has a lot to do with parents and children, we know next to nothing about Robin's mother. The only thing we have to go off of is the one line Validar mentions about how she ran away from Plegia with Robin to try to save him from their plans to sacrifice him.

That and I'm also wondering what Robin was doing with his life up until he met the Shepherds.
I was a bit let down we didn't find out more about her too. I've seen some cool fan concepts on Tumblr, but that's about it. She clearly had some morals since she fled with Robin, so I'd be curious to see what even led her to marrying Validar and having his kid.
Carlmary did a doujin of that Validar and his wife. Of course, it's in Japanese and I have no idea where to obtain it, but the preview is here: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=32562709
That looks awesome. The concept of Robin's mom being a sage amuses me too since that's where my original Robin ended up.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I was a bit let down we didn't find out more about her too. I've seen some cool fan concepts on Tumblr, but that's about it. She clearly had some morals since she fled with Robin, so I'd be curious to see what even led her to marrying Validar and having his kid.
Validar was really good in bed? It was an arranged marriage?

Shaymikyu

DK, DONKEY, DK, DONKEY KONG IS HERE.
Put your hands together, if you want to clap,
As we take you through, this monkey rap!

Oh, hey, look at the time. It's fluff time.

Also, not Lucina, but this makes me laugh for some reason.

Both from here.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Put your hands together, if you want to clap,
As we take you through, this monkey rap!

Oh, hey, look at the time. It's fluff time.

Also, not Lucina, but this makes me laugh for some reason.

Both from here.
HE HAS NO STYLE!!!
Also, the second picture... ROBIN, STOP SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY!!!!

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
HE HAS NO STYLE!!!
Also, the second picture... ROBIN, STOP SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY!!!!
Oh god, I can see it in my head. Robin and Lucina need someone to watch Morgan and Marc while they are in Smash, but everyone is busy. So the have no choice but to leave them with Grampa Validar for some reason. Of course he tries to turn them evil, which ends up backfiring spectacularly, with both Morgan and Marc just treating it like a game and slowly driving him crazy.

Then when Robin and Lucina get back they find Validar's castle in ruins, and he starts beggiing them to just take the two kids and go.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh god, I can see it in my head. Robin and Lucina need someone to watch Morgan and Marc while they are in Smash, but everyone is busy. So the have no choice but to leave them with Grampa Validar for some reason. Of course he tries to turn them evil, which ends up backfiring spectacularly, with both Morgan and Marc just treating it like a game and slowly driving him crazy.

Then when Robin and Lucina get back they find Validar's castle in ruins, and he starts beggiing them to just take the two kids and go.

Seriously, someone needs to do a fic about this... Also, how the f*** is Validar still alive?!

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Seriously, someone needs to do a fic about this... Also, how the f*** is Validar still alive?!
This would take place in "crack fic" universe, where literally nothing has to make sense. Thus why Validar is somehow still alive.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Before I begin writing my re-telling of Awakening with me as Robin, I thought of something interesting to write. A side story to accompany the Sleep Crossed Lovers fic where it shows what Robin/Lucina were dreaming. I find a lot of scenarios possible here, so this one will take a bit longer :L

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Before I begin writing my re-telling of Awakening with me as Robin, I thought of something interesting to write. A side story to accompany the Sleep Crossed Lovers fic where it shows what Robin/Lucina were dreaming. I find a lot of scenarios possible here, so this one will take a bit longer :L
Robin was dreaming about Lucina. Calling it!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Or, if you don't wanna handwave Validar's alive-ness, leave the Morgans with their aunt Aversa! Just as much destructive annoyance with only half the plot holes!

...In fact, I may write this one myself...

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon

There should be an entire sitcom dedicated to Morgan and Marc's misadventures.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Or, if you don't wanna handwave Validar's alive-ness, leave the Morgans with their aunt Aversa! Just as much destructive annoyance with only half the plot holes!

But the Validar one lets you end with Robin and Lucina coming back, finding the castle a smoking wreck, and Validar crawling out from the rubble while Morgan and Marc sit there covered in soot looking clueless to what they just caused

Validar: "Thank Grima, you're back. Here, take them, take them!" *shudders, eye twitching* "I know I want to destroy the world but this... I have experiences a terror beyond anything Grima could unleash upon this world."

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
But the Validar one lets you end with Robin and Lucina coming back, finding the castle a smoking wreck, and Validar crawling out from the rubble while Morgan and Marc sit there covered in soot looking clueless to what they just caused

Validar: "Thank Grima, you're back. Here, take them, take them!" *shudders, eye twitching* "I know I want to destroy the world but this... I have experiences a terror beyond anything Grima could unleash upon this world."
But imagine Aversa trying to teach Morgan to be all seductive and manipulative and Morgan just responding in her usual adorkable way!

Ah, they're both good ideas for completely different reasons!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

*screaming internally like when Mewtwo happened*

Shaymikyu

After doing Aversa's supports with F!Robin, I approve. Their support is actually pretty amusing, with Aversa trying to replace Robin as the Ylissean Tactician and them grudgingly agreeing to work together in the end. Doubly amusing since Aversa keeps talking about Chrom in it, and my first Robin is his wife.
There should be an entire sitcom dedicated to Morgan and Marc's misadventures.
YES. YES PLEASE. Anything with more Morgans makes me happy.

All this talk of Grandpa Validar babysitting makes me think of this:

Just replace Lucina with F!Morgan. (Source)

Better yet, Grandpa Validar and Grandpa Chrom open up a babysitting business.

EDIT: I forgot to mention- the weirdest thing happened today. I was riding in the car when I Spotpassed someone out of the blue for Awakening. I fought them, and they had child characters like Inigo already, plus late game characters like Basilio and Flavia. But, when I went to go read their card after the fight, they had no pairings listed, not even the obligatory Chrom one. Is this a hiccup, or is there a way to hide your pairings? It bums me out a bit because that was the first girl Robin I've ever run into aside from myself and I was curious who she chose to pair Robin with, if anyone (she had no Morgan on her main team).

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I think I finally figured out who is all going on my Smash reflecting streetpass team. I have most of their stats maxed out and all their skills set, I just need to get all of their stats up to max and finalize their weapons.

My team:
(M!)Robin- Class: Grandmaster
Skills: Ignis, Tomefaire, Aegis, Pavise, Rally Spectrum.
Equipment: Bronze Sword, Levin Sword, Elwind, Arcfire, Thoron

(F!)Robyn- Class: Grandmaster
Skills: Ignis, Galeforce, Tomefaire, Tomebreaker, Dual Support+
Equipment:Same as M!Robin

Lucina- Class: Great Lord
Skills: Aether, Rightful King, Galeforce, Swordfaire, Avoid +10
Equipment: Parallel Falchion, Spear, Noble Rapier, Superior Lance

Chrom- Class: Great Lord
Skills: Aether, Rightful King, Pavise, Defender, Charm
Equipment: Exalted Falchion, Spear, Noble Rapier

Morgan- Class: Grandmaster
Skills: Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Pavise, Aegis, Galeforce
Equipment: Silver Sword, Mjolnir, Superior Jolt

Cordelia- Class: Falcon Knight
Skills: Lancefaire, Galeforce, Sol, Bowbreaker, Armsthrift
Equipment: Silver Lance, Brave Lance, Spear, Rescue, Physic

Severa- Class: Hero
Skills: Lucky 7, Ignis, Lethality, Galeforce, Lifetaker
Equip: Steel Sword, Silver Sword, Armorslayer

Owain- Class: Swordmaster
Skills: Swordfaire, Astra, Renewal, Galeforce, Armsthrift (will always work thanks to high luck)
Equip: Mystletainn, Ragnell, Sol, Superior Edge

Anna- Class: Trickster
Skills: Lucky 7, Lifetaker, Acrobat, Lethality, Movement +1
Equip: Levin Sword, Brave Sword, Physic, Recover, Catharsis

Tiki- Class: Manakete
Skills: Lifetaker, Sword Breaker, Slow Burn, Quick Burn, Wyrmsbane
Equip: Dragonstone, Dragonstone+

In other news, I found a funny while looking for some fanart, thought I'd share it with you all.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I think I finally figured out who is all going on my Smash reflecting streetpass team. I have most of their stats maxed out and all their skills set, I just need to get all of their stats up to max and finalize their weapons.

My team:
(M!)Robin- Class: Grandmaster
Skills: Ignis, Tomefaire, Aegis, Pavise, Rally Spectrum.
Equipment: Bronze Sword, Levin Sword, Elwind, Arcfire, Thoron

(F!)Robyn- Class: Grandmaster
Skills: Ignis, Galeforce, Tomefaire, Tomebreaker, Dual Support+
Equipment:Same as M!Robin

Lucina- Class: Great Lord
Skills: Aether, Rightful King, Galeforce, Swordfaire, Avoid +10
Equipment: Parallel Falchion, Spear, Noble Rapier, Superior Lance

Chrom- Class: Great Lord
Skills: Aether, Rightful King, Pavise, Defender, Charm
Equipment: Exalted Falchion, Spear, Noble Rapier

Morgan- Class: Grandmaster
Skills: Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Pavise, Aegis, Galeforce
Equipment: Silver Sword, Mjolnir, Superior Jolt

Cordelia- Class: Falcon Knight
Skills: Lancefaire, Galeforce, Sol, Bowbreaker, Armsthrift
Equipment: Silver Lance, Brave Lance, Spear, Rescue, Physic

Severa- Class: Hero
Skills: Lucky 7, Ignis, Lethality, Galeforce, Lifetaker
Equip: Steel Sword, Silver Sword, Armorslayer

Owain- Class: Swordmaster
Skills: Swordfaire, Astra, Renewal, Galeforce, Armsthrift (will always work thanks to high luck)
Equip: Mystletainn, Ragnell, Sol, Superior Edge

Anna- Class: Trickster
Skills: Lucky 7, Lifetaker, Acrobat, Lethality, Movement +1
Equip: Levin Sword, Brave Sword, Physic, Recover, Catharsis

Tiki- Class: Manakete
Skills: Lifetaker, Sword Breaker, Slow Burn, Quick Burn, Wyrmsbane
Equip: Dragonstone, Dragonstone+

In other news, I found a funny while looking for some fanart, thought I'd share it with you all.
*pst* replace Rally Spectrum with Luna on both Robin and Morgan, as well as get rid of Galeforce on anyone who has it. While Galeforce is an amazing skill in game, its really bad for spotpass teams, since it assumes your guys will be getting lots of kills. Which, against other players means it might very well only activate one in a match if that.

If you want I can (as can others) give more specific build suggestions.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

That awkward moment when you finally find very rare fan art of your Awakening OTP and can't decide which one to use... If you see my avatar changing a lot right now, that's why.

Anyway, to mention a little bit of SSB here- has anyone seen the little titles for each character on the Punch Out stage on the Wii U? I'm a bit bummed they didn't go with "High Deliverer" for Robin and "The Foreseer" for Lucina, but "Tactician Magician" is awesome enough.

Also, R.O.B.'s is depressing.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Lemme make a pause here just to rant about how INFURIATING fighting Rosalina is. Thank you.

Shaymikyu

Lemme make a pause here just to rant about how INFURIATING fighting Rosalina is. Thank you.
I haven't had as much trouble with her as with a certain boxer and Robin (though I can't be mad at Robin ever), but she can be a pain for me to fight sometimes. That last part of All Star with her is a pain, especially with Dark Pit, Lucina, Robin, and Shulk thrown in. The Ness/Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Charizard/Sheik/Ganondorf level is still the worst, though.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
hahahaha I know, I lost a lot of times in that stage. Mostly because Spirit Train and Flyman, but most times I was playing it on Easy on Normal (for the sake of completion), only troubling with the times I tried Hard.

Anyway, my complain is mostly against a human player because her Fsmash, Fair and specially Dsmash all pretty safe and given proper desync, can have a huge range. She can just stay there, throw attacks and you can do close to nothing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom