• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
tbh. i think the first round of his leaks were correct but everything else are just guesses. palutena and mii fighters were expected right? people have been discussing about miis being playable since forever

Chorus Men have their own map..
Arena Ferox is more of Lucina's map tbh she's Basilio's #1 after Lonqu and she's the boss of the map :)
YES!!! KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE! Great point!!!

I haven't played Awakening (probably will after I get a 3DS for SSB4!) but if they were going to choose a stage for Chrom, they wouldn't choose Arena Ferox right? There must be way better choices if it were Chrom they were putting into SSB4.

I remember Mii's being talked about pre-Brawl. Also, the Tiki trophy in the Direct. And on Saturday, Lucina and Robin are up for State their Chances, FYI.
HOPE WILL NEVER DIE!

Tiki is more easily connected to Lucina than Chrom right? When Tiki wakes up and is introduced in Awakening, she sees Lucina, right?!?! And gets interested in "Marth". Not Chrom!. If Sakurai wanted to tease Chrom wouldn't he choose a different character to show off as a trophy?

At this rate, I feel so sure that Lucina makes more sense in all sorts of ways than Chrom, that if Chrom still makes it over Lucina I will cry, but...
HOPE WILL NEVER DIE!

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
YES!!! KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE! Great point!!!

I haven't played Awakening (probably will after I get a 3DS for SSB4!) but if they were going to choose a stage for Chrom, they wouldn't choose Arena Ferox right? There must be way better choices if it were Chrom they were putting into SSB4.

HOPE WILL NEVER DIE!

Tiki is more easily connected to Lucina than Chrom right? When Tiki wakes up and is introduced in Awakening, she sees Lucina, right?!?! And gets interested in "Marth". Not Chrom!. If Sakurai wanted to tease Chrom wouldn't he choose a different character to show off as a trophy?

HOPE WILL NEVER DIE!
Also, Lucina can support Tiki, being one of five characters that can, along with Nah, Anna, Robin, and Say'ri. A good stage for Chrom would have been the Dragon's Table.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
We should really create a song for our Lucy titled "Hope Will Never Die". That musical idea doesn't necessarily have to be taken as a joke :awesome::troll:

#Lucina4WorldPeace
#Lucina4Sm4sh
#Lucina
#Hashtag

I really do like the arguments I am seeing that support Lucina > Chrom. Good job guys. The more you break it down, it becomes more clear that Lucina should be in this game as a playable character.

Sakurai...pls

Hong

The Strongest
I really do like the arguments I am seeing that support Lucina > Chrom.
Given statements in interviews (both English and Japanese), I would say the folks at Intelligent Systems would agree with that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd be okay with Lucina, why the hell not? At least no 3 blue haired swordsmen right? And with how 'balanced' Marth looks, Lucina could easily be lighter, but with some of Marth's better properties from Melee / Brawl incorperated to give her, as it seems Marth doesn't like the air anymore.

Hong

The Strongest
I'd be okay with Lucina, why the hell not? At least no 3 blue haired swordsmen right? And with how 'balanced' Marth looks, Lucina could easily be lighter, but with some of Marth's better properties from Melee / Brawl incorperated to give her, as it seems Marth doesn't like the air anymore.
Same deal with my take on Chrom, really. I made movesets for both fair and easy.

The choice for Lucina merely exists because it's nice to have it be a character that I like, you know?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Same deal with my take on Chrom, really. I made movesets for both fair and easy.

The choice for Lucina merely exists because it's nice to have it be a character that I like, you know?
I have trouble seeing Chrom being a strong aerial fighter. Then again, Wario was one.

Hong

The Strongest
I have trouble seeing Chrom being a strong aerial fighter. Then again, Wario was one.
Really? With how much he performs leaping strikes in battle, and takes to the skies in two different cutscenes?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I haven't played Awakening due to having no 3DS, so it's easier to me to not care who between Chrom and Lucina will make the cut. Still, out of all newcomers we had I'd be more interessted in playing either of them than 80% of the newcomers. I said this also in the Chrom thread.

Hong

The Strongest
I remember the cutscene with Sumia, what was the other one?
I meant more along the lines of him jumping on that Risen, or his assault on Marth? in their duel.

Aerial fighters don't need to stay in the air. If this sounds odd, look at Falco. He, by design, has the highest and fastest jumps, but also the fastest fall speed.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
So basically we all agree that
#LucinaforQueen
#LucinaforSmash
#Weareboss:ace:
#becausewhynot:troll:
#ChromisnotascoolasLucina

Makes me wonder why we she is not confirmed yet:happysheep:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I meant more along the lines of him jumping on that Risen, or his assault on Marth? in their duel.

Aerial fighters don't need to stay in the air. If this sounds odd, look at Falco. He, by design, has the highest and fastest jumps, but also the fastest fall speed.
I see what you mean.
So basically we all agree that
#LucinaforQueen
#LucinaforSmash
#Weareboss:ace:
#becausewhynot:troll:
#ChromisnotascoolasLucina

Makes me wonder why we she is not confirmed yet:happysheep:
*In Batman voice* WHERE IS SHE?!

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Don't get too cocky, :4fox:.

Plenty of reasons why it can still be not Lucina, if even another Fire Emblem character at all.
I would say an Awakening rep is guaranteed. The game saved the entire series!

Hong

The Strongest
If the director cared about the commercial success of the games the characters starred in, Ike, Ice Climbers, and Lucas have a lot of explaining to do. Especially the latter two, where Ice Climber appeals to even a narrow margin of retro gamers, and Mother 3 has a very lukewarm/mixed reception among Japanese fans.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If the director cared about the commercial success of the games the characters starred in, Ike, Ice Climbers, and Lucas have a lot of explaining to do. Especially the latter two, where Ice Climber appeals to even a narrow margin of retro gamers, and Mother 3 has a very lukewarm/mixed reception among Japanese fans.
Mother 3 GOT A WHAT FROM JAPAN?! THOSE UNGRATEFUL fdlknsgsdlhglfdsohgfdokp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still though, Ike got in because of IS wanting him in. Not sure 'bout Lucas.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai does care for it tbh, I know 90% of the nintendo series because of it. When I was young(like 10?, I'm 19 now) I got Melee and didn't know any characters except for the mario and pokemon characters. I got to know them and play all those series with a lot of heart in it now. I don't even play the ones I actually knew before smash that much anymore. For mario I play The 3d games and the rpgs and for Pokemon only the main series.
I think thats an aspect in smash Sakurai will never drop, Would bee foolish. People become true Nintendo fans thanks to smash.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Mother 3 GOT A WHAT FROM JAPAN?! THOSE UNGRATEFUL fdlknsgsdlhglfdsohgfdokp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still though, Ike got in because of IS wanting him in. Not sure 'bout Lucas.
Hey, as someone who plays all three games, M3 is by far my least favourite. I can't blame them.

And yeah, the Ike argument at least works in Lucina's favour. To think at some point, Fire Emblem 13 would have starred Lucina and taken place on Mars.

Space-themed DLC outfit anyway? ◔ᴗ◔

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I think Sakurai does care for it tbh, I know 90% of the nintendo series because of it. When I was young(like 10?, I'm 19 now) I got Melee and didn't know any characters except for the mario and pokemon characters. I got to know them and play all those series with a lot of heart in it now. I don't even play the ones I actually knew before smash that much anymore. For mario I play The 3d games and the rpgs and for Pokemon only the main series.
I think thats an aspect in smash Sakurai will never drop, Would bee foolish. People become true Nintendo fans thanks to smash.
Smash is the only reason why I know Fire Emblem and Earthbound/Mother exists.

Hey, as someone who plays all three games, M3 is by far my least favourite. I can't blame them.

And yeah, the Ike argument at least works in Lucina's favour. To think at some point, Fire Emblem 13 would have starred Lucina and taken place on the moon.

Space-themed DLC outfit anyway? ◔ᴗ◔
What? That sounds so stupid, it's awesome. Also, I've only played Earthbound and Mother 3.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Smash is the only reason why I know Fire Emblem and Earthbound/Mother exists.
That's the case for a lot of people here. You'd pretty much have to be a cult follower to know about their existence prior to Smash. Blazing Sword came to us back in 2003 , and well, Melee in 2001. I just so happened to be apart of that cult following, but only due to a friend I had that had the Japanese games. Of course the love for FE strengthened when the games hit NA. Love is too skrong.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would have preferred it if the series would've saved itself. FE12 was all kinds of amazing, and should've came out in the US and Europe.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The series did save itself...
Not in the rate it was going. It needed more waifus, husbandos, and tag-team systems apperantly. My problem now lies with the new fans perception of the series because of this.

Anyway, FE12 was amazing.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Characters, in whatever game their at need to get you attention. Thats why I'm Nintendo fan. So many amazing characters with their own stories and charms. that really is what makes Nintendo, Nintendo. Awakening did this very well. A lot of cool and unique characters. Which is awesome(that really makes or destroys a game for me)

EDIT: I would go as far as to say that I get attached to some of the characters like most of us probably.

And smash brings all of our favorite worlds together, It really is something amazing if you think about it :)

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Intelligent System favors Lucina above every other Awakening character for obvious reasons regarding promotion of Awakening. If I were IS giving a character for SSB4 I'd be excited to send in the first female which such a prominent and fascinating role/story.

Where's Chrom's awakening? :)

-

& I never understood why hope for Lucina ever died because she literally has more +s than Chrom to be included and Chrom has things working against him especially for lacking diversity when all we've seen in the roster IS diversity. Not here for another Fox/Falco/Wolf-sized mess. The leaks would be a point but leaks are never 100% correct and it seemed like only the first round of leaks were credible.

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Intelligent System favors Lucina above every other Awakening character for obvious reasons regarding promotion of Awakening. If I were IS giving a character for SSB4 I'd be excited to send in the first female which such a prominent and fascinating role/story.

Where's Chrom's awakening? :)

-

& I never understood why hope for Lucina ever died because she literally has more +s than Chrom to be included and Chrom has things working against him especially for lacking diversity when all we've seen in the roster IS diversity. Not here for another Fox/Falco/Wolf-sized mess. The leaks would be a point but leaks are never 100% correct and it seemed like only the first round of leaks were credible.
I wonder as well, Lucina was in the Amiibo trailer and this might not prove anything but why would they even show Lucina as the FE character showed there if they could have used Chrom or Robin as well? yet they choose to put an Lucina Icon there.
I feel like we should leave the leak as a whole for now to in regards to Lucina.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I wonder as well, Lucina was in the Amiibo trailer and this might not prove anything but why would they even show Lucina as the FE character showed there if they could have used Chrom or Robin as well? yet they choose to put an Lucina Icon there.
I feel like we should leave the leak as a whole for now to in regards to Lucina.
If anything, the Amiibo is more credible than the Gematsu 2nd round leak. Why not just use a picture of Marth? I think every icon relates to Smash Bros. The only ones that supposedly don't are Mario's 8-bit character and Lucina, but I think Mario will be a trophy or something. People are saying Lucina's amiibo may be for SMTxFE but there's barely any news about SMTxFE and honestly I don't think it will be nearly as successful as Awakening but we'll see. I think it further hints Lucina's character. I mean, we've seen Chrom no where. Arena Ferox = Masked Marth.

Hong

The Strongest
For the same reason why Marth's page on the English Smash website advertises Awakening as a game where you can reasonably find him. I don't think the team that handles that really thought about it as much as you folks.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
If anything, the Amiibo is more credible than the Gematsu 2nd round leak. Why not just use a picture of Marth? I think every icon relates to Smash Bros. The only ones that supposedly don't are Mario's 8-bit character and Lucina, but I think Mario will be a trophy or something. People are saying Lucina's amiibo may be for SMTxFE but there's barely any news about SMTxFE and honestly I don't think it will be nearly as successful as Awakening but we'll see. I think it further hints Lucina's character. I mean, we've seen Chrom no where. Arena Ferox = Masked Marth.
Exactly but even if the amiibo picture of Lucina was for SMT x FE, why Lucina(masked marth)? why not just marth himself. Thats why I kinda believe it is hinting at something and like you said, she and 8-bit Mario are the only 2 not smash related (as for now)

Reginleif

Smash Ace
For the same reason why Marth's page on the English Smash website advertises Awakening as a game where you can reasonably find him. I don't think the team that handles that really thought about it as much as you folks.
Well every character on Smash advertises the franchise's current game.

Ike & Marth's pages both include a link to Awakening's

Want to know more about Marth? Visit the official website for Fire Emblem Awakening!
Want to know more about Ike? Visit the official website for Fire Emblem: Awakening!

Hong

The Strongest
Well every character on Smash advertises the franchise's current game.

Ike & Marth's pages both include a link to Awakening's

Want to know more about Marth? Visit the official website for Fire Emblem Awakening!
Want to know more about Ike? Visit the official website for Fire Emblem: Awakening!
Yes, but it betrays their Japanese page, which advertise FE12 and 10 respectively. My point was the media teams don't put much thinking into it, especially localization.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Yes, but it betrays their Japanese page, which advertise FE12 and 10 respectively. My point was the media teams don't put much thinking into it, especially localization.
FE12 didn't exist here and FE10 doesn't even have a website anymore

sorry i don't seem to understand :054:

Hong

The Strongest
FE12 didn't exist here and FE10 doesn't even have a website anymore

sorry i don't seem to understand :054:
Makes sense for RD I guess, but not FE11.
Why did we bring up the websites?
Just saying that the Marth amiibo, a vague choice made by a publicity team for another product on the fly, has no consequence on the probability of Lucina appearing in Smash. Used it as an example to say they didn't really think about it too much.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Makes sense for RD I guess, but not FE11.
Just saying that the Marth amiibo, a vague choice made by a publicity team for another product on the fly, has no consequence on the probability of Lucina appearing in Smash. Used it as an example to say they didn't really think about it too much.
Then what Mr. Game & Watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom