• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
That Lucina PSA for Brawl posted earlier? Here's a really good look at it. The Lucina bit is 6 minutes long, and then there's a look at Chrom's PSA. Lucina's Final Smash is shown at 8:35.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That Lucina PSA for Brawl posted earlier? Here's a really good look at it. The Lucina bit is 6 minutes long, and then there's a look at Chrom's PSA. Lucina's Final Smash is shown at 8:35.
I downloaded it a few days ago, and it's fantasic. I still can't figure out to change the CSS data.
Edit: I love the absolute pessimism on the RTC about Lucina and Robin. Makes me laugh.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I downloaded it a few days ago, and it's fantasic. I still can't figure out to change the CSS data.
Edit: I love the absolute pessimism on the RTC about Lucina and Robin. Makes me laugh.
The pessimism comes from how everyone thinks the people in RTC will rate Lucina and Robin. If anything, it may be a positive reflection on those characters' chances. RTC hasnt been super accurate considering Rosalina and Greninja's inclusions.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Even the Project M devs prefer Lucina.

I can't with the Lucina and Robin pessimism. Why would anyone be here for Chrom when we already have Marth and Ike.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Where I stand: While I have no doubt that they can make Chrom unique from Marth and Ike, I'm favoring character diversity. It's just about that time for it to happen..

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Where I stand: While I have no doubt that they can make Chrom unique from Marth and Ike, I'm favoring character diversity. It's just about that time for it to happen..
Same here. I don't doubt Sakurai's ability to make Chrom a total surprise with his moveset. But character diversity is a huge part of the Fire Emblem franchise and he just doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Same here. I don't doubt Sakurai's ability to make Chrom a total surprise with his moveset. But character diversity is a huge part of the Fire Emblem franchise and he just doesn't bring anything new to the table.
You're talking diversity as gender diversity right?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, in Lucina's case it would be gender diversity especially. When I was referring to character diversity in my post, I just meant general diversity for Fire Emblem. Whether it's gender, weapon choice, whatever, just something different.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I was speaking in general so basically physical and personality traits that make up a character
But in regards to Lucina, yes to gender diversity, which is a big deal considering how representation is important. Lucina's the female rep of the franchise, which arguably used to be Lyndis.

Hong

The Strongest
For me, the gender is a valid reason for wanting Lucina over Chrom, but part of a greater picture.

Chrom's design is literally a more royal variation of Ike's attire. It's like if you took Ike, took away his muscle and mixed in some Marth. He even mimics some of the quirks that originated with Ike, like his obsession with having his sword in the ground when not in use at all times. On the other hand, while Lucina initially masquerades as the hero king, aside from being blue her outfit is completely different. Those slender boots, angular cuts, drooping and elongated pauldrons, absence of torso armour, etc. Especially different from Masamune's Shirow's depiction of Marth, which heavily-inspired the design they used for him in Smash 4. You could draw similarities between Lucina and the FE3 Marth, but that is not the design they used for Marth this time.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
For me, the gender is a valid reason for wanting Lucina over Chrom, but part of a greater picture.

Chrom's design is literally a more royal variation of Ike's attire. It's like if you took Ike, took away his muscle and mixed in some Marth. He even mimics some of the quirks that originated with Ike, like his obsession with having his sword in the ground when not in use at all times. On the other hand, while Lucina initially masquerades as the hero king, aside from being blue her outfit is completely different. Those slender boots, angular cuts, drooping and elongated pauldrons, absence of torso armour, etc. Especially different from Masamune's Shirow's depiction of Marth, which heavily-inspired the design they used for him in Smash 4. You could draw similarities between Lucina and the FE3 Marth, but that is not the design they used for Marth this time.
What did the FE3 version of Marth look like?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Official art:

TCG:

For comparison, here's "Marth"

Lucina:

You can see where she got the idea, at least.
I can see it. Also, why does Marth's Falchion and Lucina's Falchion look completely different?

Hong

The Strongest
I can see it. Also, why does Marth's Falchion and Lucina's Falchion look completely different?
Because only the blade is retained. The hilt has been reconstructed several times throughout the supposed thousand year history between Moshou no Nazo and Awakening, according to Owain. I would imagine tempering could also alter the hue of the blade.

Lamp-shading to justify art direction, of course, but that's the answer we were given.

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Because only the blade is retained. The hilt has been reconstructed several times throughout the supposed thousand year history between Moshou no Nazo and Awakening, according to Owain. I would imagine tempering could also alter the hue of the blade.

Lamp-shading to justify art direction, of course, but that's the answer we were given.
Here is the quote from Lucina in her B support conversation with Owain.

• Lucina: Hmm... But parts of the sword other than the blade DO wear out over time. The guard and the pommel have been replaced over the years, changing its appearance. But it remains Falchion still.

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
at least having a female character is something else then 3 male characters. Ike, Marth and Chrom are not the same character but sadly don't give players that much in depth FE characters, which is big for people that don't know the series.

EDIT: Awesome how I see this thread high up on the boards everytime I look.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Here is the quote from Lucina in her B support conversation with Owain.

• Lucina: Hmm... But parts of the sword other than the blade DO wear out over time. The guard and the pommel have been replaced over the years, changing its appearance. But it remains Falchion still.
Ahh... I don't think I did Owain's and Lucina's supports.

Hong

The Strongest
Really? in Awakening Pr. Marth is nearly identical to "Marth."
Because none of the DLC characters have unique body types.

While there is no specifications for the character heights and stuff, Marth is actually really tall, maybe even more so than Chrom. What is more is muscle mass is roughly equal to him as well.

What I'm getting at is it makes more sense to have Lucina imitate her father's sword motions than that of Marth. Of course, Marth could get a mask like Lucina's just as an alt costume, and that would be fine just as an Awakening reference.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
God damn it. It's of those... we need a clever name for people who think Lucina is going to be an alternate for Marth, kinda like the 2bigots for Ridley.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I can't see Lucina as an alt costume for Marth anymore. Marth looks so much more bulkier in SSB4 and I can't see Lucina sharing the same shell. Nor can for Chrom.

And while at first I thought Lucina can be an alt for Marth (since Masked Marth duh), I realized how differently Lucina fights. I then felt confident enough for Lucina to be her own character. It makes more sense than having Chrom, who can better off be a Marth alt since their bodies are more similar and hell theyre both blue haired swordsmen of the same descent.

-

I can debate Lucina over Chrom in SSB4 till the end of time. When the only argument a Chrom supporter has left is the leak, that's when you know Chrom is really undeserving.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
should Lucina not make it into the game, I will probably make a blue haired Mii Swordfighter and name it Lucina.

I dont have any problem if Chrom was in the game, and Lucina wasnt. I've grown to like Chrom from playing Awakening so much.

Interesting note: Yusuke Kozaki, the artist who designed the characters for FE13, had this to say about who his favorite character was:
"Lucina. Fire Emblem was already a famous series to begin with. I was designing characters based on what came before, but I've also had the opportunity to put my interpretation into it. Lucina is memorable to me because she felt like she was truly a Yusuke Kozaki-"Fire Emblem" collaboration." -Yusuke Kozaki
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013...more-heroes-character-designer-yusuke-kozaki/

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Lucina is the MOST popular Fire Emblem Awakening character in Japan.

159+127=286

And she's leading by 102 votes. :039:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Why is she on the list twice? Anyways, I'm glad Henry made the top 10. Also, whose in 30th and 60th?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom